Comic Book Voice Actors Tribute

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Anyone who's ever watched a animated cartoon knows that the voice acting can make or break the show. A great voice actor makes a character feel just right...as if you always envisioned they sounded like that. A bad voice actor can ruin the entire mood of the show and no amount of good animation can make up for bad voice acting. This is a thread where you can post who you think are great voice actors and maybe a brief paragraph on what makes them great.

Starscream M
Kevin Conroy - as Batman and Bruce Wayne

---

This guy pretty much defines the voice acting standards of American cartoons.

He IS batman. His voice is instantly recognizable and he sounds perfect for the role of batman.

I can't personally imagine animated Batman voiced by anyone else...it would just sound off. Kevin Conroy captures Batman's essence...his intelligence, grumpiness, sarcastic humor.

For that, Kevin Conroy deserves an entry in this tribute thread.

Starscream M
Tim Daly - as Superman

---

I don't know how the producers find the right voice actors for the role, but it certainly seems like a difficult job. Before we ever saw Superman on cartoon, how did we picture him sounding? I never gave it a thought, but the first time I heard Daly's Superman, it just sounded just right.

Starscream M
Clancy Brown - as Lex Luthor on Justice League

---

This guy is my personal favorite voice actor. His Lex Luthor is simply AMAZING. He captures the arrogance and ego maniac personality of Luthor perfectly. He makes Lex Luthor one of the most interesting villains in any cartoon. I swear I could listen to Clancy Brown's Luthor speak on anything and it would prove entertaining.

willRules
Kevin Conroy is great yes

vKFZAibfoOI

Shadow_King
Mark Hamill - as The Joker

All i can say was, he was great as the voice of Joker.

Alpha Centauri
I think everyone who ever played a Marvel animated character was the best at it.

Nobody in X-Men, Spider-Man, Hulk or Iron Man didn't fit.

-AC

Original Smurph
Adam West as Batman.

Granted, he wasn't a voice actor, but his Batman/acting voice is pure awesome.

Badabing
Kevin Conroy epitomizes Batman. Wish they could use his voice instead of bale's voice tbo.

Mindship
Ted Cassidy as Galactus

Blight
Whoever did Gambit's voice no expression

"Life don' get much bedduh dan dis!"

Kazenji
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I think everyone who ever played a Marvel animated character was the best at it.

Nobody in X-Men,

What the hell are you on about??.....The X-men 90's had some good voice actors.

TricksterPriest
He wrote it very badly. The syntax is ****ed. He meant everyone was good in their roles.

Michael Ironside as Darkseid. Pretty damn good.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Kazenji
What the hell are you on about??.....The X-men 90's had some good voice actors. The sentence is a double negative

He said 'nobody in X-Men, etc, etc, didn't fit'.

Tom Joad
Originally posted by Shadow_King
Mark Hamill - as The Joker

All i can say was, he was great as the voice of Joker.

Hey, how's life without Statsny, and Sakic, who's injury story is a good one. Wings beating the Aves in the playoffs last year was pretty cool, btw.

ON TOPIC NOW. Corey Burton is another great talent, Brainiac in Superman TAS, and Justice League (Unlimited)

Kazenji
Originally posted by Original Smurph
The sentence is a double negative

He said 'nobody in X-Men, etc, etc, didn't fit'.

I'm hoping TricksterPriest is more right.

Originally posted by Mindship
Ted Cassidy as Galactus

Tony Jay-------->Ted Cassidy

AlmightyKfish
Christopher Daniel Barnes as Spiderman in the 1990's animated show.

His voice is exactly how I imagine Spiderman sounding like.

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Michael Ironside as Darkseid. Pretty damn good. I agree. He was an excellent choice. thumb up

Also, Peter Cullen as the voice of Optimus Prime in the original Transformers animated series. Classic, imo.

kalani88
Cathal J. Dodd, the voice of Wolverine in the 90's X-men was good.

Wade Wilson
Nolan North as Deadpool in Hulk vs! The guy was awesome! I've always thought that Deadpool's voice gotta be kind of slow and deep the way it was in marvel ultimate alliance game but i've changed my mind after watching the movie! "Weapon X hasn't been the same without you! Nobody calls me "bub" anymore!" LOL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.