My First Hangover

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
So yeah, I drank a little too much last night and had a massive hangover today. Because it's my first, I thought I'd just ask some questions. Yes, I already looked up this kind of thing on Wikipedia, but I thought it'd be fun to hear what you all have to say about it.

a) Am I going to toss up the contents of my stomach every time I get a hangover?

b) What are some odd home-made cures for hangovers you all have heard of?

c) Are there any things you can do to prevent hangovers? Besides not drink alcohol or drink moderately.

§P0oONY
Your 1st hangover? First major drinking session or just very lucky until now?

Hangovers vary, so sometimes just have a bit of a headache and a dry mouth, othertimes you're basically bedridden all day. Drinking lots of water before I go to bed after drinking and in the morning usually sorts me.

Captain REX
Maybe a little of both. I didn't start drinking until about September of this year.

§P0oONY
Starting drinking at 18? Mental....

Captain REX
That could be taken as "Wow, what a square" or "Holy crap, I hope you get a DUI you underaged loony." stick out tongue

steverules_2
I started at 13...I got drunk when I first started

§P0oONY
Totally going with the 1st... hmm

Captain REX
Yeah, yeah, say what you like, I kinda like that I didn't start in high school. Knowing me, I would have gotten trashed all the time and failed everything.

§P0oONY
Yeah, probably a good thing... I'm in my 2nd year at uni... An getting drunk has already become boring, starting later would have been better to be honest.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Captain REX
So yeah, I drank a little too much last night and had a massive hangover today. Because it's my first, I thought I'd just ask some questions. Yes, I already looked up this kind of thing on Wikipedia, but I thought it'd be fun to hear what you all have to say about it.

a) Am I going to toss up the contents of my stomach every time I get a hangover?

c) Are there any things you can do to prevent hangovers? Besides not drink alcohol or drink moderately.

No.

I dunno.

Find a particular beer/liquor that your body agrees with, this will take experimentation.

Baylin

a) No

b) A good fry up and energy drink such as lucazade - hangovers are due to dehydration and sugar inbalances caused by alcohol

c) Alternate your drinks with water and snacks to prevent (b) from happening

PS you don't have to get drunk to get a hangover, one of my favourite beers gives me a hangover headache after only one - doesn't stop me drinking it though... beer

Heretic Smellin
A.) No.
B.) Fry up.
C.) Drink a pint of water or more before you go to bed.

Digi
Yeah, most hangovers are largely due to dehydration. Mixing in water with your drinks will help. And your body will actually use the water, so you won't go to the bathroom appreciably more than you would anyway.

Some people are more/less hung over depending on what they were drinking. Beer/wine/liquor/etc. has different affects on different people. You have to find what you prefer, and what is easier to drink without the reprecussions.

jaden101
There's a lot of shit advice about hangovers...some on here is good though

things i've noticed that work are try and stay up a couple of hours after you stop drinking to sober up a bit...in that time drink a fair bit of water. that way the dehydration isn't a factor (which is one of the causes of hangover among others)

another cause of hangover is that when you drink alcohol it crosses the blood/brain barrier...fat dissolves in alcohol...your neurons have long thin axons which link them to other brain cells...they are covered in a myelin sheath that is primarily composed of fat in the form of lipids...when you drink alcohol this insulating layer gets stripped away and so that's why you think and talk a lot of shit when you're drunk....the rebuilding of these layers is also a big factor in having a headache during hangover....so yes...a fry up does help as would any high fat food.

one of the annoying things that people sometimes get with a hangover is furry mouth...eat green grapes to sort that out.

If you're drinking spirits then try to drink something of high quality because low quality spirits have impurities in the form of side branching chains that take longer to process in the body making you feel more shit for longer

The Pict

a) No but throwing up actually makes most people (including myself) feel better

b) Irn Bru

c) Drink plenty water before hand and eat enough to soak up the alcohol. Or don't drink any alcohol or at least drink moderately stick out tongue

jaden101
Originally posted by The Pict

b) Irn Bru

they just wont understand....they'll never understand laughing

§P0oONY
Irn Bru is nasty stuff... Just plain nasty.

Strangelove

c) Are there any things you can do to prevent hangovers? Besides not drink alcohol or drink moderately. I've never thrown up during a hangover.

The Pict

§P0oONY
I heard they stopped making buckfast, not sure that's true though, swear I saw it on the news.

Rogue Jedi
Do NOT mix hard liquor and beer. A shot or two then beer is fine, but if you are drunk on liquor, stay with the iquor, and vice versa.

The Pict

§P0oONY
Nah but alot of places have stopped stocking it including, where I work (WineRack) Why? It's a quality beverage consumed only by the classiest... Like special brew.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Do NOT mix hard liquor and beer. A shot or two then beer is fine, but if you are drunk on liquor, stay with the iquor, and vice versa. Beer after liquor is fine, just never drink liquor after beer.

I generally drink both when I'm at a party, and the only times I've thrown up or woken up with a hangover is when I drank beer then liquor.

The Pict

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Strangelove
Beer after liquor is fine, just never drink liquor after beer.

I generally drink both when I'm at a party, and the only times I've thrown up or woken up with a hangover is when I drank beer then liquor. Well, I did the liquor after beer thing, never the other way around. I just assumed it worked the same way.

Strangelove
Nope.

"Liquor then beer, never fear"
"Beer then liquor, never sicker"

The Pict
Do NOT mix hard liquor and beer. A shot or two then beer is fine, but if you are drunk on liquor, stay with the iquor, and vice versa.

yes Agreed.

The worst state I've ever been in was a couple of weeks ago when I mixed everything. Beers, Ales, Spirits, Whisky, Liqueurs. I threw up nearly 20 times (seriously) and in the end I was just hurling up blood because there was nothing left in my stomach but still felt really bad.

The funny thing was I had thrown up a little before I went to bed and felt great as I went to sleep, but waking up was a nightmare.

Nope.

"Liquor then beer, never fear"
"Beer then liquor, never sicker"

Don't think it really makes a difference, they're both gonna end up mixing in your stomach.

Rogue Jedi
yes Agreed.

The worst state I've ever been in was a couple of weeks ago when I mixed everything. Beers, Ales, Spirits, Whisky, Liqueurs. I threw up nearly 20 times (seriously) and in the end I was just hurling up blood because there was nothing left in my stomach but still felt really bad.

The funny thing was I had thrown up a little before I went to bed and felt great as I went to sleep, but waking up was a nightmare.

Don't think it really makes a difference, they're both gonna end up mixing in your stomach. I remember once I ate two meatball sandwiches, got drunk on beer, then hit a bar and drank liquor. I woke up in a van the next morning with meatballs all over the wall.

Strangelove
Don't think it really makes a difference, they're both gonna end up mixing in your stomach. It's always held true for me srug

The Pict
I remember once I ate two meatball sandwiches, got drunk on beer, then hit a bar and drank liquor. I woke up in a van the next morning with meatballs all over the wall.

laughing out loud Nice one. That's the price we pay for having a good time the night before I guess.

Rogue Jedi
laughing out loud Nice one. That's the price we pay for having a good time the night before I guess. I had a used condom wrapper in my pocket, I must have had a good time haermm

Strangelove
Whenever I get drunk, I order pizza from a place that's right down the street from where I live (best pizza in the world, btw), so I can pick it up as I walk home. It became such a habit that I did it even when I was blacked out laughing

Rogue Jedi
Whenever I get drunk, I order pizza from a place that's right down the street from where I live (best pizza in the world, btw), so I can pick it up as I walk home. It became such a habit that I did it even when I was blacked out laughing I remember on MSN once you were drunk as hell and you were rambling about that pizza place laughing out loud

Strangelove
With good reason too, it rules haermm

Rogue Jedi
With good reason too, it rules haermm For like an hour, man, finally you were "OK brb going for pizza!!" I was like "Dude about time." haermm

Strangelove
I'm home now, I can't have any cry

Rogue Jedi
Too early for pizza, or broke?

Strangelove
No, I'm 4 hours away from the place haermm

And I'm broke ermm

jaden101

§P0oONY
Glasgow will never be a heavenly upotia, even with the removal of the neds.

Mywi
I had a used condom wrapper in my pocket, I must have had a good time haermm Drunken like that, I highly doubt you would have good sex, if any. ermmnone

jaden101

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mywi
Drunken like that, I highly doubt you would have good sex, if any. ermmnone Coulda happened early on in the night, before I was wasted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.