Which herald-level or lower hero could stop an asteroid of this size?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zvCUmeoHpw

Raoul
Originally posted by Starscream M

tons of people.

Harbinger
Stop it how? Reversing its motion, busting it up, completely stopping its motion, etc.? Depending on how you mean, I'm not sure if a lot of characters would have the durability to handle it.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Harbinger
Stop it how? Reversing its motion, busting it up, completely stopping its motion, etc.? Depending on how you mean, I'm not sure if a lot of characters would have the durability to handle it. basically they have to make sure it doesn't hit Earth (by whatever means)

Starscream M
Originally posted by Raoul
tons of people. I'm not sure about that

that asteroid is about the size of Germany in a sphere

I'm not sure if any herald level or lower being could lift anywhere close to that

for perspective, Sentry struggled lifting a helicarrier...which would not even be a dot next to that asteroid

gladiator struggled lifting the baxter building, which would not even be seen put next to that asteroid

I've seen Superman struggle lifting large jetliners, this asteroid would be equivalent to lifting over a trillion jetliners at once and more

Private Pion
Looks bigger than Germany to me. Looks like the moon.

Which Superman has moved single handed (that's alone, not with one hand. Though he's done that too), but then, he's about herald level.

TricksterPriest
He's top tier herald level. Anybody in the top tier can probably do it. mid tier, most. Low herald, there it gets tricky.

Vally Doosh
Assuming we're using high showings, anyone Mid Herald or above shouldn't have a problem.

Private Pion
My real problem is, I never really got the whole 'levels' thing.

Anyway, if we're sneaky, couldn't like, Lex Luthor do it using a giant anti-gravity gun or something? Same for all the geniuses out there, Reed Richards and Dr Doom and so on.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Private Pion
Looks bigger than Germany to me. Looks like the moon.

Which Superman has moved single handed (that's alone, not with one hand. Though he's done that too), but then, he's about herald level. was this a PC feat?

if Superman could move the moon, then even lifting the entire empire state building would be like lifting a toothpick for him

Raoul
I'm not sure about that

that asteroid is about the size of Germany in a sphere

I'm not sure if any herald level or lower being could lift anywhere close to that

for perspective, Sentry struggled lifting a helicarrier...which would not even be a dot next to that asteroid

gladiator struggled lifting the baxter building, which would not even be seen put next to that asteroid

I've seen Superman struggle lifting large jetliners, this asteroid would be equivalent to lifting over a trillion jetliners at once and more

wrong. just wrong.

TricksterPriest
I can think of street levelers who can do it with prep time or tech.

Also quite a few magicians with a little time or a simple spell for the higher tier ones.

Philosophía
Thanos.

Private Pion
was this a PC feat?

if Superman could move the moon, then even lifting the entire empire state building would be like lifting a toothpick for him

Yup, several of examples PC.

The thing with Superman is he can turn his powers up and down as he sees fit, burning more or less solar energy as he wishes.

He keeps it low to stop him destroying stuff he wants to lift, so he could life the Empire State Building easy peasy but probably wreck it in the proccess.

Starscream M
also, I've seen in comics when characters bust planets...the planets are often no larger than maybe a large building

I've yet to see any character who can bust a planet-sized planet in which a character would be smaller than an atom drawn next to the planet

Vally Doosh
LOL @ planet sized planet

Starscream M
wrong. just wrong. sentry did struggle lifting a helicarrier...and even if that was a bit PIS, it was an indication of his strength range.

I doubt Sentry could lift a tall skyscraper.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Vally Doosh
LOL @ planet sized planet seriously though, most supposed planets that comic book characters break are smaller than a large apartment complex

I remember seeing a scan of Hulk supposedly busting a planet that was only 10x his size

yea, real stretch of the use of the word 'planet'

Private Pion
He has a point though. Technically a planet is anything large enough to have its own gravity but large enough to be a star. That's the simple version anyway.

For all we know, all those busted planets were tiny.

Raoul
sentry did struggle lifting a helicarrier...and even if that was a bit PIS, it was an indication of his strength range.

I doubt Sentry could lift a tall skyscraper.

i wasnt talking about the sentry part.

Vally Doosh
seriously though, most supposed planets that comic book characters break are smaller than a large apartment complex

I remember seeing a scan of Hulk supposedly busting a planet that was only 10x his size

yea, real stretch of the use of the word 'planet'
Comic book artists are terrible at perspective (among other things).

There's no way to prove what size the planets were intended to be but I doubt they were supposed to be small rocks.

Private Pion
I also just thought, what about molecular rearrangers, Firestorm could easily deal with this.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Private Pion
I also just thought, what about molecular rearrangers, Firestorm could easily deal with this. I doubt it would be easy...considering the size of the thing

I wonder if Magneto could stop it. It would prob kill him using all his energy to do so though.

Private Pion
I doubt it would be easy...considering the size of the thing

I wonder if Magneto could stop it. It would prob kill him using all his energy to do so though.

Before, Firestorm has taken two inches of the entire surface of the earth and transformed into other stuff, effortlessly. That's 510,065,600 km2 x two inches so that's 1020131200 inches cubed of material, or 85 010 933.3 feet cubed. Effortlessly.

Bouboumaster
Lex Luthor, Doom, Richards via technology

Surfer, Hulk, Superman and probably Thor by they're own power.

lawest9
Pre-crisis superman i'm sure could stop it, Some wiki databases insist that silver surfer can amp his strenght to infinite levels, so maybe he could stop it as well.....

Philosophía
Originally posted by lawest9
Some wiki databases insist that silver surfer can amp his strenght to infinite levels, so maybe he could stop it as well.....

facepalm

Vally Doosh

Private Pion
HERETIC! DO NOT BLASPHEME!

Ambient
Most herald leveler could do it...

Like say Nova, Terrax, Mags, Surfer, Void, Spartan high upgrade, Firestorm, Thor, BRB, Gladiator, Supreme, etc..etc..

jalek moye
superman stops it eaisly

I'm Bran
None of them could. It doesn't register on Brucey's smarts.

Wei Phoenix
Juggernaut with flight. If he is allowed to break it into pieces and let the pieces hit the earth then Cain without flight.

complexbrother
Graviton

Mr .M

Terrax the Tamer

Johnny thunder's lightingbolt

Green Lantern

(If there's a trace of metal in the ore) Magneto

tsscls

Quanch could, after this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GfgnBEZsj4

hunbu04
hercules, gladiator, beta ray bill, etc

tsscls
I can stop a thread of this size in 45 minutes.

rotiart
Assuming there is enough iron ore... Magneto
Also any Gl could stop Or at least redirect. The planetoid to the sun.
Quasar could
Any herald of galactus could. Terrax specialty is earth/rock...
Any superman esque could do it...

Basically if your cl100 and have self propel flight... You can do it

rotiart
Cyclops has said he could crack the moon before... Assuming this is not hyperbole... He could do it

Raoul
Originally posted by rotiart
Cyclops has said he could crack the moon before... Assuming this is not hyperbole... He could do it

it was hyperbole.

though stick him in front of it with no visor, he might do enough damage with enough time to deflect/stop it.

rotiart
He leveled a forest in seconds... I figure he's got the juice

I'm Bran
though stick him in front of it with no visor, he might do enough damage with enough time to deflect/stop it. Oh you fanboys and your comedy.

tkitna
Black Bolt shouldnt have much of a problem with it.

As for the top tiers, it should be easy enough. Somebody spoke of Gladiator having trouble picking up the emprie state building, but in the same sense, he smashed a planet with a few punches before too. Its all in how you percieve it I guess.

As for the Sentrys helicarrier feat that so many people love to bring up, he has also been stated as punching hard enough to destroy planets while fighting Genis and they were both holding back at the time.

All top tiers should be able to do it.

Raoul
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Oh you fanboys and your comedy.

i don't see why he couldn't, given enough time...

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Oh you fanboys and your comedy.

Cyclops has fanboys? I thought that he just had fans who look past the usual reasons for people who hate him and realize his actual potential.

Starscream M
i don't see why he couldn't, given enough time... the meteor is the size of the moon...cyke's full blast will do nothing imo

Raoul
the meteor is the size of the moon...cyke's full blast will do nothing imo

unless the meteor is made of some unique allow that scott can't damage, then yes, he will damage it.

as i said, i don't see him shattering it in one shot. give him some time at full power, and he could easily blast chunks out of it...

Starscream M
unless the meteor is made of some unique allow that scott can't damage, then yes, he will damage it.

as i said, i don't see him shattering it in one shot. give him some time at full power, and he could easily blast chunks out of it... he could blast chunks off that asteroid the size of mountains and it still would retain over 95% of its mass

Wei Phoenix
the meteor is the size of the moon...cyke's full blast will do nothing imo

Cyke's full blast is said to have enough power to split a small planet in two. Now I don't know if the moon is bigger than a planet because I'm no science wiz, but yeah.

Besides, what is stopping Scott from absorbing an abundance of solar energy so his beams could become even more powerful?

Raoul
he could blast chunks off that asteroid the size of mountains and it still would retain over 95% of its mass

all he has to do is sto it reaching earth. he could even push it off course, given his knowledge of geometry.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Cyke's full blast is said to have enough power to split a small planet in two. Now I don't know if the moon is bigger than a planet because I'm no science wiz, but yeah.

Besides, what is stopping Scott from absorbing an abundance of solar energy so his beams could become even more powerful?

the solar energy would actually help, in that it would replenish any solar energy he was using keeping his eyes open and blasting for that long...

Wei Phoenix
all he has to do is sto it reaching earth. he could even push it off course, given his knowledge of geometry.

the solar energy would actually help, in that it would replenish any solar energy he was using keeping his eyes open and blasting for that long...

No! You were supposed to get mad at me referring to his powers as heat based! You ruin everything!

Raoul
No! You were supposed to get mad at me referring to his powers as heat based! You ruin everything!

yeah, i do that sometimes...

TricksterPriest
I know the optic blast is concussion-based, but how much physical force is behind the beam? Is it an explosion as it hits, or a concentrated blast akin to an energy punch?

Raoul
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I know the optic blast is concussion-based, but how much physical force is behind the beam? Is it an explosion as it hits, or a concentrated blast akin to an energy punch?

told you in msn...

Starscream M
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I know the optic blast is concussion-based, but how much physical force is behind the beam? Is it an explosion as it hits, or a concentrated blast akin to an energy punch? seems to me more like the latter

Kris Blaze
Gotta get some planet sized planets up in here.

id369

In theory X-Man (Nate Grey).

Cartesian Doubt

You've got to love Comic book science.

It would take the entire Sun about 100 days or so, to produce enough energy to stop an Asteroid that Big.

Something that big and travelling that fast is going to giving out over trillions of megaton nuclear bombs worth of energy.

Raoul
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
You've got to love Comic book science.

It would take the entire Sun about 100 days or so, to produce enough energy to stop an Asteroid that Big.

Something that big and travelling that fast is going to giving out over trillions of megaton nuclear bombs worth of energy.

the sun doesnt power his blasts. it powers his ability to fire them.

Wei Phoenix

Wait what? Tell me that was what they said in the CW and that it only applied in the CW issue please?

Raoul
Wait what? Tell me that was what they said in the CW and that it only applied in the CW issue please?

i'm not talking about civil war at all...

Wei Phoenix
i'm not talking about civil war at all...

Wait...when was this said? WTF? Since when did the sun allow him to shoot? I thought no aspect of his powers rely on the sun...

Raoul
Wait...when was this said? WTF? Since when did the sun allow him to shoot? I thought no aspect of his powers rely on the sun...

his body absorbs ambient energy, which powers the dimensional apertures in his eyes.

sunlight is one such source of ambient energy.

Wei Phoenix
his body absorbs ambient energy, which powers the dimensional apertures in his eyes.

sunlight is one such source of ambient energy.

Oh ambient energy...ok I can accept that. You knew something about Scott that I didn't. I concede the title of #1 fan to you.

Raoul
Oh ambient energy...ok I can accept that. You knew something about Scott that I didn't. I concede the title of #1 fan to you.

many thanks...

Ambient
You guys think that Scott would be able to absorb as much ambient energy like Havok did in X-men legacy and amp his stats or would it just allow him to open up the dimensional appertures longer? Although i've really never seen him directly absorb energy like say Havok or Bishop.. Hmm wonder..

Mrblonde
Black Bolt
Thor
Gladiator
Superman
Hulk
Morg
Terrax
Surfer
God like Cable

any class 100 probably

Placidity
How can any brick such as Hulk, who doesn't have flight stop the asteriod before it hits Earth?

The only thing I can think of is to put him on it and let him bash it to kingdom come, which I don't think the Hulk could manage...or at least he would take a very long time.

Cartesian Doubt

That's like saying petrol doesn't move a car, it powers the wheels that move the car.

In other words its the same thing. Its a case of logical entailment; If P then Q.

Placidity
That's like saying petrol doesn't move a car, it powers the wheels that move the car.

In other words its the same thing. Its a case of logical entailment; If P then Q.

So whats the point of what you are saying?

skygunner41
SQ!

Eel O'Brien

Raoul is just saying that the sun doesn't provide the energy that Scott actually shoots.

If the optic power is in another dimension, the solar/ambient energy is kinda like a key.

Raoul
Originally posted by Ambient
or would it just allow him to open up the dimensional appertures longer?

this one.

to be honest, there's no reason why cyclops can't do what havok did, imo, but until he actually does it on panel, i'm not going to claim that he can...

no, actually.

the solar energy he absorbs powers a dimensional gateway that exists in his eyes. said gateway leads to a universe filled with nothing but the energy that we know was his optic blasts.

Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Raoul is just saying that the sun doesn't provide the energy that Scott actually shoots.

If the optic power is in another dimension, the solar/ambient energy is kinda like a key.

aye.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Placidity
How can any brick such as Hulk, who doesn't have flight stop the asteriod before it hits Earth?

The only thing I can think of is to put him on it and let him bash it to kingdom come, which I don't think the Hulk could manage...or at least he would take a very long time.

He could jump towards it.

Wei Phoenix

a dimensional gateway that exists in his eyes. said gateway leads to a universe filled with nothing but the energy that we know was his optic blasts.

Now this I knew. I knew about the gateway in his eyes, so can I have the title back?

Raoul
He could jump towards it.

shoot him out of a cannon of some sort...its gravitational field would mean he could land on it and just start pounding away at it...

Now this I knew. I knew about the gateway in his eyes, so can I have the title back?

sure, but that would make you my number one fan. according to cresh, i'm this earth's scott summers...

Cartesian Doubt
this one.

no, actually.

the solar energy he absorbs powers a dimensional gateway that exists in his eyes. said gateway leads to a universe filled with nothing but the energy that we know was his optic blasts.

Since When ?

Raoul
Since When ?

since... a long long time ago?

Mr. Funktastic
Hyperion could do it.

Doctor-Alvis
I bet there are a ton of characters who can stop "it" but stopping pieces of it from wrecking the planet anyway would be a feat accomplished by a much smaller list of characters.

Endless Mike
Superman
Wonder Woman
Any GL
Any Herald
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Martian Manhunter
Black Bolt (yells at it)
etc.

rotiart
Binary
Quasar
Thor, brb
Reed with prep
Exgremis iron man manning all his suits

MightyEInherjar
Hulk with rocket springs.

zeel
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Hulk with rocket springs. laughing

occultdestroyer
Captain America with shield

carver9
Starscream, I dont know where you come up with the idea that gladiator struggled against the baxter building, he easily lifted it and when torch was blasting at him he one handed it. There was no stressed involved when he lifted the builded and lets not forget that he has carried planets and busted up planets with his fist. He also was about to punch cannonball from the earth to the core of the sun. Gladiator by far is one of the strongest beings mentioned on your thread and he could one shot that asteroid if given the chance or just easily push it in another direction.

carver9
Gladiator moving a asteroid that is much bigger then the one you presented. This asteroid covered an entire star lane and gladiator pushed it with ease without a problem.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/4246/astroidzt0.gif

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by zeel
laughing
Hell he's done it before, except that asteroid was easily three times better than the one in this thread.

carver9
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Hell he's done it before, except that asteroid was easily three times better than the one in this thread.

I agree and it was grey hulk that did this and the size of the asteroid was 3 times the size of earth.

stormultt
Gladiator......... confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.