Retainer question!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
I have a dental question that KMC could most likely solve for me! I've supposed to have been wearing a retainer (at night) for my teeth for like the past year which I've neglected to do, due to sheer laziness. Now, I feel like I should begin wearing them again and I have been for the past two days.

My question is: Will my teeth eventually shift back to the way they were if I continue wearing them? Or have I just waited too long? It seems like they've already done some shifting/my teeth are sore as balls in the morning when I take them out.

Anyway, I realize that the OTF is rampant with sarcasm, but I'd appreciate a serious answer! Thanks.

Strangelove
I don't think your teeth know you were supposed to be wearing a retainer, so it's unlikely you've waited so long that it's too late to fix them.

Selphie
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I have a dental question that KMC could most likely solve for me! I've supposed to have been wearing a retainer (at night) for my teeth for like the past year which I've neglected to do, due to sheer laziness. Now, I feel like I should begin wearing them again and I have been for the past two days.

My question is: Will my teeth eventually shift back to the way they were if I continue wearing them? Or have I just waited too long? It seems like they've already done some shifting/my teeth are sore as balls in the morning when I take them out.

Anyway, I realize that the OTF is rampant with sarcasm, but I'd appreciate a serious answer! Thanks.

They WILL shift back, but it will hurt (if you've been able to wear them for the last couple days, then its definitely not too late)

I don't wear mine, but now I don't even know where it is, which is something I regret

Kosta
Unless you've grown in the past year, then it's fine to wear it. If you've grown, then chances are you'll need to get a new one.

Naz
They'll shift back slowly (and painfully like Sleph said).

I didn't wear my retainer at all once my braces came off and now the thing doesn't even fit in my mouth...so don't do what I did.

silver_tears
I haven't worn mine in pretty much forever. But I have permanent bars on both top and bottom and it still fits like 4 or 5 years down the road. mmm

Ax3l
I was supposed to, but I didn't. Nothing happened to me.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

Anyway, I realize that the OTF is rampant with sarcasm, but I'd appreciate a serious answer! Thanks. Dude you are SO screwed.

Selphie
You're not screwed. Just put them on every night before bed(unless the pain is too terrible, of course), so that you can have some hours of teeth straightening

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.