Galen Marek (jedi) runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lethal Rogue
This gauntlet will be a little different. I was wondering how many versions of Luke could SK beat. So here it is:
1. ANH/ESB Luke
2. ROTJ Luke
3. Thrawn Trilogy Luke
4. DE Luke
5. JA Luke
6. NJO Luke
7. LOTF Luke

*Please state which Luke SK will lose to and why.

Vorpal Ruin
He will stop at 5 imo. I haven't read the Thrawn Trilogy or DE though so idk.

Lord Lucien
I think in terms of sheer power, Galen could get through to NJO Luke. He'd drop there.

Faunus
DE Luke was very impressive. Then he magically decided to suck in JA.

SIDIOUS 66
DE Luke would be a close fight.

Gideon
Marek would waltz through the first three incarnations of Skywalker with more ease than it takes to bed Paris Hilton.

Skywalker circa Dark Empire, actually, has displayed phenomenal power that surpasses most of those in his subsequent years. As I recall, he destroyed a large contingent of battle droids on Coruscant with a single gesture, deflected AT-AT stutterfire with his lightsaber, and then collapsed the aforementioned AT-AT with a Force push. That's pretty badass.

On the other hand, Starkiller fought through veritable legions of the Emperor's army, Felucian shamans and warriors, and Force-imbued junk golems. He has crushed AT-STs like crumpling paper, electrocuted and obliterated AT-ATs in his final assault on the Death Star, imploded the brain of a gigantic, mutated rancor, and then used the Force to grip, turn, and then force to the ground an Imperial-class Star Destroyer, all the while evading fire from a TIE Fighter squadron. This leads me to believe that though Skywalker, at that point, was a veritable Force titan, he'd get his ass handed to him by Marek.

I can't comment on Skywalker circa Jedi Academy. Due to many factors, which could probably be pinned on simple psychology, Luke was very subdued compared to when he was the Emperor's servant. He was briefly overpowered by Desann and left for dead. If he weren't restrained, perhaps I might say Luke would win, but as it stands, I don't think he could.

NJO-LotF Luke is an anomaly. His feats during the final assault on Shimrra's tower can be accredited to the Jedi mind meld he was sharing with Jacen and Jaina Solo; they were, simply, not the result of his own natural potency, though part of me really cringes at the idea that Starkiller would defeat him.

So I'm just gonna say he gives him one hell of a fight.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Gideon
Marek would waltz through the first three incarnations of Skywalker with more ease than it takes to bed Paris Hilton.

Skywalker circa Dark Empire, actually, has displayed phenomenal power that surpasses most of those in his subsequent years. As I recall, he destroyed a large contingent of battle droids on Coruscant with a single gesture, deflected AT-AT stutterfire with his lightsaber, and then collapsed the aforementioned AT-AT with a Force push. That's pretty badass.

On the other hand, Starkiller fought through veritable legions of the Emperor's army, Felucian shamans and warriors, and Force-imbued junk golems. He has crushed AT-STs like crumpling paper, electrocuted and obliterated AT-ATs in his final assault on the Death Star, imploded the brain of a gigantic, mutated rancor, and then used the Force to grip, turn, and then force to the ground an Imperial-class Star Destroyer, all the while evading fire from a TIE Fighter squadron. This leads me to believe that though Skywalker, at that point, was a veritable Force titan, he'd get his ass handed to him by Marek.

I can't comment on Skywalker circa Jedi Academy. Due to many factors, which could probably be pinned on simple psychology, Luke was very subdued compared to when he was the Emperor's servant. He was briefly overpowered by Desann and left for dead. If he weren't restrained, perhaps I might say Luke would win, but as it stands, I don't think he could.

NJO-LotF Luke is an anomaly. His feats during the final assault on Shimrra's tower can be accredited to the Jedi mind meld he was sharing with Jacen and Jaina Solo; they were, simply, not the result of his own natural potency, though part of me really cringes at the idea that Starkiller would defeat him.

So I'm just gonna say he gives him one hell of a fight.

You said it perfectly. I agree completely.

Gideon
Thank you. It's a gift.

Lethal Rogue
Agreed. I think he would lose to NJO Luke.

The Taven
He wouldn't stand a chance again NJO Luke. Even in the first book, he displayed the telekinetic ability to manipulate the gravity of a Dovin Basel (which was capable of pulling moons out of their orbits among other things).

Faunus
That wasn't the first book.

I think DE Luke would give him a hell of a fight, considering he's probably the superior swordsman and has a few feats that stack up pretty well to some of Starkiller's.

Gideon
Originally posted by Faunus
That wasn't the first book.

I think DE Luke would give him a hell of a fight, considering he's probably the superior swordsman and has a few feats that stack up pretty well to some of Starkiller's.

He may be the superior swordsman, but that typically means shit with Starkiller, lol.

As far as Force feats, one would think that. But closer analysis, while Luke is a veritable titan at that point, Starkiller is firmly a tier ahead.

The Taven
Did it not take place in Vector Prime? Definitely one of the first 3, because I actually remember reading it.

Faunus
EDIT

Faunus
Originally posted by Gideon
He may be the superior swordsman, but that typically means shit with Starkiller, lol.

As far as Force feats, one would think that. But closer analysis, while Luke is a veritable titan at that point, Starkiller is firmly a tier ahead. Agreed. It isn't hard to rationalize, really; the extent of Luke's training was a few minutes with Ben when he was nineteen/twenty, and a few weeks at most with Yoda when he was twenty-two. He spent a year and a half after the Battle of Endor as a soldier before finally going full-time Jedi, and even then he had to basically start from scratch. He had to teach himself pretty much everything.

Starkiller, meanwhile, was around five or six when Vader took him under his wing. He spent the next sixteen years being molded into an engine of destruction, and nothing less. He uses the Force as a blunt instrument, basically, neither caring for nor needing its more subtle aspects.

I think I like him a bit better now.

@Taven: It was Dark Tide II, I believe.

Lethal Rogue
Galen could destroy DE Luke just because of the force. Shaak Ti was a superior sword(wo)man but SK destroyed her with the force.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Lethal Rogue
Galen could destroy DE Luke just because of the force. Shaak Ti was a superior sword(wo)man but SK destroyed her with the force.

Personally I think Galen is a much better swordsman than many posters give him credit for. He out-duelled Kota, Maris and Darth Vader. True he used the Force to finish them off, but he was winning at swordplay each time. To say nothing of his victories over PROXY, who employed the skills of Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin and Darth Maul.

Shaak Ti was a better duellist, yes, but even then Galen held his own.

BTW, the term 'swordsman' is gender-neutral (like human).

"@Taven: It was Dark Tide II, I believe."

I believe so too. It certainly wasn't "Vector Prime."

Lethal Rogue
My point wasn't that SK was a bad swordsman but that he was a great force user.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.