Ash VS Mad Max

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sado22
at the end of Evil Dead2 when Ash gets locked in the portal, instead of winding up back in time, Ash goes to the post apocolyptic future of Mad Max. landing in the middle of no where, Ash finds himself confronted by Max who thinks Ash is yet another punk.
armed with his chainsaw and shotgun, Ash exchanges fire with Max and the battle is on. Max carries his shotgun and handgun (and knife). fight takes place in run down factory.

Who wins?

Sadako of Girth
Well if its 'Mediocre-not-very-mad-Max' from MM3, then he is dead meat in a swift Ash win.... stick out tongue

Can the factory be the Marvin Acme's gag factory from "Who framed Roger Rabbit...?"

(The battle might be more entertaining watching them kill each other with mallets that shoot sprung loaded boxing gloves and shit, than the usual "Robocop drug factory/Cyberdyne factory/Freddy's Basement" kind of insidious generic gloom..)

Rogue Jedi
Max doesnt have a handgun in the movies. And Max's shotgun is too unreliable, it misifres sometimes. Ash pwns.

WrathfulDwarf
Tight battle...but I go with MM.

ragesRemorse
Max wins this.

For one, at this point Ash has only been a badass for several hours. Ash has only been fighting for a short period of time where as Max has been fighting for almost his entire life. Although Ash is a certified badass he gets lucky. Max is constantly attacking danger. He took out an entire convoy of heavily armed vehicles.

Rogue Jedi
Firstly, no handgun for Max, he doesnt have one in the movies.

Secondly, Ash's shotgun has far more range.

Thirdly, if it comes to close quarters combat, dude, Ash has a CHAINSAW.

What has Max really done with his shotgun, besides shoot a handful of losers in the Road Warrior?

ragesRemorse
Just because Max doesn't have a handgun in the movie's shouldn't suggest that he doesn't know how to use them. He was a cop, you know. Max has just displayed more impressive feats to me than what ash did by the end of Evil Dead 2. Didn't Max fight someone with a chainsaw in Thunderdome?

Kazenji
Ash also fough his Evil version in Army of Darkness without his shotgun if i remember.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Just because Max doesn't have a handgun in the movie's shouldn't suggest that he doesn't know how to use them. He was a cop, you know. Max has just displayed more impressive feats to me than what ash did by the end of Evil Dead 2. Didn't Max fight someone with a chainsaw in Thunderdome? Forum rules dictate that we can only arm them with what they use in the movies. Yes, Max had a chainsaw in thunderdome, but the thread starter didnt specify if it is Mad Max 2 or 3.

BTW: Max was shit with the chainsaw. All he did was chop some elactic rope thingies, then the chainsaw DIED.

Sado22
well, standard equipment for Max. i forgot about the handgun but as someone pointed out...if he can use a shotgun i think he can use a handgun.
as for close quarter fight with chainsaw-Ash, well, Max has fought lot of worse things in his time. remember the huge dude he fought in thunderdome? Ash, despite how badass he is, is simply a college kid running on adernaline. while Max is berserker with lots of guns, experience and a whole lotta madness to share.

~Sado

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sado22
well, standard equipment for Max. i forgot about the handgun but as someone pointed out...if he can use a shotgun i think he can use a handgun.
as for close quarter fight with chainsaw-Ash, well, Max has fought lot of worse things in his time. remember the huge dude he fought in thunderdome? Ash, despite how badass he is, is simply a college kid running on adernaline. while Max is berserker with lots of guns, experience and a whole lotta madness to share.

~Sado Max got lucky as hell in thunderdome, he beat dude with a damn whistle.

Look at Ash's actions in Army of Darkness, he took on a whole army of undead.

Max has lots of guns? How do you figure that? He has ONE gun, his shotgun.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Max doesnt have a handgun in the movies. And Max's shotgun is too unreliable, it misifres sometimes. Ash pwns.

Hey that cartridge would have misfired in Ash's shooter too.

It was the cartridge he found that was shit, not Max's gun..

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Hey that cartridge would have misfired in Ash's shooter too.

It was the cartridge he found that was shit, not Max's gun.. Indeed, and he is using those same cartridges, isnt he?

Sadako of Girth
He has new working cartridges... like the ones he had prior to running out before the beginning of MM2... shifty

Rogue Jedi
Fine, but again, what did we really see him do with the shotgun.

ragesRemorse
Forum rules dictate that we can only arm them with what they use in the movies. Yes, Max had a chainsaw in thunderdome, but the thread starter didnt specify if it is Mad Max 2 or 3.

BTW: Max was shit with the chainsaw. All he did was chop some elactic rope thingies, then the chainsaw DIED.

aww come on, it's a handgun. It's not like he is giving him a rocket launcher. I mean, i know that if max had a handgun, Ash wouldn't have a chance what so ever but still.

I agree, Max did kind of get lucky in Thunderdome but he still outwitted his opponent and if we are going by the rules we cannot introduce Ashs; feats from Army of Darkness because it hasn't happened yet. This is apart of why i chose Max over Ash. At this point Ash is still nothing but a guy who went crazy and chopped his hand off. Max on the other hand has been fighting, hunting and killing hordes of bloodthirsty enemies for years. That is what Max does, that is what his life is dedicated to. As for Ashs' chainsaw i really dont know how much that will actually benefit him. It may actually put him at a disadvantage. Other than slowing him down Max will know exactly what Ashs' tactics are...,slash with the chainsaw. Considering that Max is very intelligent and has spent his life fighting im sure he could exploit that as a weakness.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
aww come on, it's a handgun. It's not like he is giving him a rocket launcher. I mean, i know that if max had a handgun, Ash wouldn't have a chance what so ever but still.

I agree, Max did kind of get lucky in Thunderdome but he still outwitted his opponent and if we are going by the rules we cannot introduce Ashs; feats from Army of Darkness because it hasn't happened yet. This is apart of why i chose Max over Ash. At this point Ash is still nothing but a guy who went crazy and chopped his hand off. Max on the other hand has been fighting, hunting and killing hordes of bloodthirsty enemies for years. That is what Max does, that is what his life is dedicated to. As for Ashs' chainsaw i really dont know how much that will actually benefit him. It may actually put him at a disadvantage. Other than slowing him down Max will know exactly what Ashs' tactics are...,slash with the chainsaw. Considering that Max is very intelligent and has spent his life fighting im sure he could exploit that as a weakness. Max outwitted a buffoon with the mind of a child laughing out loud Not a feat by any means.

Why cant we judge Ash's feats in Army of Darkness? thread starter never specified that. If we are gonna be literal, then we can only use Mad Max from the first Mad Max movie, because he said "Mad Max." he didnt say "The Road Warrior" or "Thunderdome."

No handgun, dude, Impediment is very strict in enforcing forum rules here. His rules, not mine.

ragesRemorse
He said at the end of Evil dead 2, thus Ash never went to medieval times. Mad Max is just an easier way of identifying Max at least that is how i took it but maybe he did mean the first Mad max movie. Where the hell are you sado? we need some clarifyin

Max took out and entire convoy in minutes by going from vehicle to vehicle and destroyed an encampment of crazed cannibalistic punks with nothing more than a shotgun and his wits. Whether or not these big brutes are mensa members they have spent their lives making a living by killing and pillaging. I think it would be safe to compare most of Ashs' enemies to Maxs' enemies as far as intelligence goes. Ashs' enemies have supernatural powers but Max fights dozens at a time and has been doing it almost his entire life. One is a battle hardened harden warrior and the other is an S mart employee with a crude understanding of physics and a basic awareness in chemistry.

Rogue Jedi
We need dude to specify thread conditions before we proceed.

Sado22
all feats from all three movies count.
as for "what other guns" i suggest you people watch Mad Max 3 again. he had like 10 things on him when asked to take out all his weapons, ranging from guns to knives to more guns erm

Ditto.

Rogue Jedi
Well now we can proceed. And again, Max didnt outwit that dude in thunderdome, the guy was a frigging retard.

Also, there is no way to tell how good Max is with that cache of weapons, the ones from 3, we never see him use them.

Sadako of Girth
Fine, but again, what did we really see him do with the shotgun.

I'll have to rewatch to tally.

I think it was mostly used in the 1st one though.

That he was a trained police officer/law enforcer, and that he presumably used them well for all those years beween the movies against allcomers in a post apocalyptic world makes him every bit as good as Ash with a shooter.

And I get the impression that he won those weapons from his opponents too. Suggesting that he beat a lot of people.

Hand to hand however... Oooops sorry for the choice of words, Ash fans... Hopefully you wont get saw about it... lolz

Rogue Jedi
Hand to CHAINSAW, dude.

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

That he was a trained police officer/law enforcer, and that he presumably used them well for all those years beween the movies against allcomers in a post apocalyptic world makes him every bit as good as Ash with a shooter.

Good point, he was a cop in a time when near-anarchy reigned.

Rogue Jedi
One doesnt need to be a great marksman with a shotgun, just gonna throw that out there.

Robtard
One doesnt need to be a great marksman with a shotgun, just gonna throw that out there.

But it helps. Have you never seen a rookie fire a shotgun? They tend to let the barrel jump wildly, which seriously compromises the aim.

It should also be noted, that Ash, despite being an S-Mart employee (housewares), has an obvious set of skills under his belt.

edit: Didn't Ash have a rifle in AOD?

Rogue Jedi
yes And he PWNED with it.

Sado22
Groovy eek!

Rogue Jedi
Watching AOD now haermm

Sadako of Girth
Groovy eek!

Not only does that remind me of the evil dead movies, but Duke Nukem also.

Rogue Jedi
It sounds better coming from Ash.

Sado22
ditto. Bruce Campbell=icon!

Sadako of Girth
It sounds better coming from Ash.

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

wink

Sado22
Ash "Groovy">>>>Nuke hem "Groovy"

Rogue Jedi
GROOOOOOOOVY

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg183/jedibeastie/ash/aod4.jpg

Sadako of Girth
Cool pic/collage.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, googled it, gonna have a sig made of it.

Blinky
Hahaha funny fight, that's all I can say.

Rogue Jedi
A chainsaw up Max's ass is indeed funny.

Sadako of Girth
Provided Max hasnt blown the saw arm to stump.

Or Max hasnt cuffed Ash's OTHER arm to a car axel and handed him a hacksaw, of course. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Sure, cuz Ash is just gonna sit there like a dumbass and not fire back.

Sado22
.........so Max is gonna sit there like a dumbass and get sawed? confused

Rogue Jedi
.........so Max is gonna sit there like a dumbass and get sawed? confused Impasse.

Sadako of Girth
Yes it maybe an empasse... to a point.

That saw runs on gas....Which will only last so long.
(especially at today's prices...)

Whereas Max's 'bad motherfu**er'ness will take longer to go away.

He will probably find something in the abandoned factory to use to block that saw, anyhow.

Rogue Jedi
Sure about that? You sound as if you actually saw them fight just now.

Sado22
Max won't just sit there and get sawed though. and he's got tons of experience and badassery to go around. just cuz Ash's got a chainsaw, doesn't mean he'll get max with it. heck, it took him a decade to swing it in the Evildead2, missed and was about to get killed hadn't it been for the lulluby that the girl started singing.

Sadako of Girth
Sure about that? You sound as if you actually saw them fight just now.

No, Bellend.... stick out tongue

I would have phrased it as Max "Did" and "Ash "Had" in past tense, if it were to sound even remotely like that..

Sado22
so McClane can dodge bullets and Sadako can phase through time.......what's next: Rogue Jedi came from the future to save John Connor? confused

Rogue Jedi
Ahm lookeeng foh Sadah Connah.

Sadako of Girth
Wow! I never heard that terminator-line delivered in the style of John Merrick before...! stick out tongue Thats pretty damned creative...!

Tune in next week for... The Elephant Man Vs. Riggs in..
"The bout that never forgets..."

Rogue Jedi
I saw the dumbest movie character ever in the first Terminator.

Sadako of Girth
You saw THAT in a machine complex enough to handle realtime the amount of calculations required for not only its own continued operation, but to vocalise - mimicking any voice it likes - navigating, sleuthing then running, jumping, shooting, and killing in all the ways that it does...?

Or did you mean someone else in it..?

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Yeah....in terms of intelligence.

The first Sarah Connor he encounters, remember that? The older lady with the dark hair?

Sadako of Girth
Ah.

Rogue Jedi
She opens the door, and there stands the Terminator.

"Are you Sara Connor?"

She says YES.

Sadako of Girth
So if you open a door to someone asking if its "your name)", and you say yes because it is, then you're a dumbass...? confused

Rogue Jedi
If it's a stranger and looks like the terminator did, yes.

Sadako of Girth
Very judgemental.

He could have been a cop. He addressed her in a very officious way.

Could have been that she was worried that he was someone coming to deliver bad news about her kid laying out on the street all run-over and shit for all we know.

Rogue Jedi
A cop will ID himself as a cop. And will not be dressed as Ahnuld was.

Sadako of Girth
(Unless he is undercover, but apart from that a fair but moot point as...)
There wasnt time for her to question his ID before the smashed latch was off and he was walking her down.

Well.... more kinda shooting her down. really.

Rogue Jedi
peephole FTW

or

"No, Sara moved to Alaska."

Sadako of Girth
Why would she/anyone do that at that point...? There was no hint that she was in danger.

Rogue Jedi
No hint? What about the huge stranger with the funny accent, dressed as a street thug?

Sadako of Girth
Well you might pause for the second she did thinking "WTF Has this got to do with me...?"

But the main reason this doenst matter and your talking from your bottom again, is this:

She TOOK steps to ensure her safety by having that latch/chain on. Which the Terminator smashed away.

She thought she was safe til then.

If you ask me, the Dumbest arse in that movie was THE Sarah Connor...!

How would would YOU let a "stranger dressed as a street punk" aim that laser targetted Pistol at your forehead before the doe-eyed look of zombieness disappears and you decide to move...?

THAT was dumb.

Leave older, deader Sarah Connor alone!!!
She had done all she was advised to, to ensure her own safety.

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Sadako of Girth
No hint? What about the huge stranger with the funny accent, dressed as a street thug?

By the time this would have registered, the door was slapped open breaking the latch off, and he was IN.

Rogue Jedi
"Sara Connor doesnt live here anymore."

Sadako of Girth
So that'd send him away, then would it...?

Nope.

The terminator'd just do what he did in EVERY OTHER instance of that, come in anyway and kill her and 'wait for the Sarah Connor to come home' then.

Rogue Jedi
Indeed haermm

Sadako of Girth
That woman was doomed the minute she listed herself in that directory.

Sado22
back to topic. Max takes out ash's chainsaw and proceeds to make Ash shwarma outta him!

Sadako of Girth
No doubt that once Ash is removed from the Raimi evil dead universe,
and the necronomicon's power is irrelevant, Ash is screwed against Max.

But having just watched the 3 Evil Dead movies yesterday, I'd have to acknowledge that Bruce Campbell is maybe the finest action comedy actor of all time.

Rogue Jedi
Ash is a pretty shot with his Boomstick. I think it all boils down to who gets the drop on the other.

Sadako of Girth
I reckon so.

Sado22
and probably gave us the only trilogy that reamined good and fun to watch...even after 20 years. Bruce Campbell is an icon. to say anything otherwise is crossing some serious f0cking lines.

Kazenji
I wish Sam Raimi would hurry up with Evil Dead 4 if he still has plans for it.

Sadako of Girth
That'd be the bollocks. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.