Rate 2008's Comic-Book/Superhero Films.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
If you could make a list of all of the film his year and rank them in order think it'd be fun. Don't forget to vote for your favorite in the poll.

Darth Martin
1.The Dark Knight
2.Iron Man
3.Hancock
4.Wanted
5.The Spirit
6.The Incredible Hulk

Still haven't seen Hellboy or Punisher.

Raoul
Iron Man
Dark Knight
Hellboy II
Hulk
Hancock
Wanted
Punisher

Haven't seen The Spirit...

batmanfan136
1.The Dark Knight and Iron man
2.The Increidble Hulk and Hellboy 2
3.The Punisher war zone and hancock

have not seen wanted or the spirit yet going to see the spirit soon thought

Badabing
Originally posted by Raoul
Iron Man
Dark Knight
Hellboy II
Hulk
Hancock
Wanted
Punisher

Haven't seen The Spirit... no expression

Your hate for Batman is bordering on obsession! ahah

stick out tongue

Raoul
Originally posted by Badabing
no expression

Your hate for Batman is bordering on obsession! ahah

stick out tongue

your ladylike emotions are beginning to bore me... biscuits

Neo Darkhalen
1) The Dark Knight
2) Ironman
3) Hellboy II
4) The Incredible Hulk
5) Wanted
6) Handcock

I haven't watched the new Punisher or The Spirit yet so obviously I can't really list them.

BruceSkywalker
The Dark Knight
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Wanted
Punisher War Zone
Hellboy 2/Hancock/The Spirit

Magee
Dark Knight
Iron Man
Punisher
Hulk
Hancock
Hellboy 2
Wanted

Vally Doosh
The Dark Knight
<large gap>
Iron Man
Wanted

The rest sucked.

Ha Son
^

batdude123
Dark Knight...

(None of the rest matter).

Btw...

Iron Man
Dark Knight
Hellboy II
Hulk
Hancock
Wanted
Punisher

Haven't seen The Spirit...

You ****in SUCK DICK. no expression

Ha Son
Originally posted by batdude123
Dark Knight...

(None of the rest matter).
Truth.

Final Blaxican
1. Iron Man
2. Dark Knight
3. Hancock
4. Incredible Hulk
5. Wanted
6. The Spirit

Raoul
Originally posted by batdude123
You ****in SUCK DICK. no expression

wow.

facepalm

Nihilist
1.Iron man
2.Wanted
3.Dark knight
4.hulk
5.hancock
6.Hellboy
7.Punisher

Final Blaxican
You put "Wanted" over TDK?

Oh shi-

Nihilist
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
You put "Wanted" over TDK?

Oh shi- yeah,dark knight was overated a bit.bale was awfull,two face's introduction and death was rushed.to mention just a few points

Anti-Monitor
Originally posted by Nihilist
yeah,dark knight was overated a bit.bale was awfull,two face's introduction and death was rushed.to mention just a few points

GTFO..... mad

Kris Blaze
yeah,dark knight was overated a bit.bale was awfull,two face's introduction and death was rushed.to mention just a few points

Yeah, they were all horrible compared to Jolie's amazing acting?

Right?

Right?

Right?

Right?

Kovacs86
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Wanted
Hancock
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
The Dark Knight
Punisher: War Zone
The Spirit

The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
The Incredible Hulk
Hancock
The Spirit
Punisher
Wanted

But only the top 3 were really any good at all. I quite liked The Incredible Hulk...

Nihilist
Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
GTFO..... mad
you,gtfo

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Yeah, they were all horrible compared to Jolie's amazing acting?

Right?

Right?

Right?

Right?
i only said bale was crap,his batman voice was a joke.whats the matter cant anyone have their own opinion.just because it's cool to wank the dark knight on kmc, doesnt mean its a great movie in everyone else's eyes.

batmanfan136
[
(i only said bale was crap,his batman voice was a joke.)

That's sort of a dumb reason for hating bales performance, i mean besides the voice everything else was really good and the voice was bad but it served its purpose

SnakeEyes
1) The Dark Knight - Hands down the best comic film (of this year and, based on your preference, ever). It annoys me when people diss this film simply to deviate from the massive amount of people who like it. It's one of the few films that merits the positive response it's received. I don't think I can say much about it that hasn't been said already. And no, Bale's acting was not bad.

2) Iron Man - Downey Jr. ruled, the action was consistently cool, and they managed to do an origin story and have it not be boring. All in all, this was just an entertaining, well-crafted film. Nothing deep or thought-provoking, but I didn't expect either.

3) Wanted - It deviated from the comic a LOT, but, for what it was I thought it was pretty good. Much better than I thought it'd be anyway. Fairly mindless entertainment, but entertaining it was!

4) The Incredible Hulk - As a reboot, this disappointed me. I'm not totally sure what I expected going into it, but I felt as though something was lacking. Still, it was better than Ang Lee's and Norton makes for a better Bruce Banner than Bana.

Didn't catch The Spirit or The Punisher, but I don't think I'll be impressed by either. Hellboy II left me extremely disappointed. Hancock was shit.

Raoul
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
1) The Dark Knight - Hands down the best comic film (of this year and, based on your preference, ever). It annoys me when people diss this film simply to deviate from the massive amount of people who like it. It's one of the few films that merits the positive response it's received. I don't think I can say much about it that hasn't been said already. And no, Bale's acting was not bad.

in fairness, some people (like myself) just don't think it was as good as some people have said. i went to the cinema wanting to be blown away, wanting to see the true successor to Begins. i was disappointed by certain things.

i just happened to enjoy iron man more, and felt it was closer to the comics than TDK was.

i know i'm the minority, but not loving TDK doesnt automatically mean someone is just trying to, as you said, deviate from the masses...

Nihilist
in fairness, some people (like myself) just don't think it was as good as some people have said. i went to the cinema wanting to be blown away, wanting to see the true successor to Begins. i was disappointed by certain things.

i just happened to enjoy iron man more, and felt it was closer to the comics than TDK was.

i know i'm the minority, but not loving TDK doesnt automatically mean someone is just trying to, as you said, deviate from the masses... me too,i guess i was expecting too much and was let down,as bales batman voice it was too annoying to ignore.and considering it goes on for the whole movie its hard get over it.plus the ending, introduction/death of two face was rushed to say the least.

SnakeEyes

i know i'm the minority, but not loving TDK doesnt automatically mean someone is just trying to, as you said, deviate from the masses...

That's cool, I respect your opinion (Iron Man was great). Don't get me wrong either, The Dark Knight wasn't a perfect film, I just think it's very good. As for my "masses" comment, I wasn't pointing out particular people/members, but rather trying to say that in general a lot of people have been jumping on the "I hate TDK" bandwagon, which happens whenever something gets this popular. I respect those who have valid complaints or those who simply enjoyed something else more, but I've seen/read a lot of unnecessary bashing of the film as of late. Also, I'm just curious, what bugged you about The Dark Knight?

me too,i guess i was expecting too much and was let down,as bales batman voice it was too annoying to ignore.and considering it goes on for the whole movie its hard get over it.plus the ending, introduction/death of two face was rushed to say the least.

Bale's Batman voice bugged me too (mostly just during the last half hour or so), but not to the extent where it really affected my enjoyment of the film. But if you judge Christian Bale's overall performance on that aspect, then you're ignoring some fine acting. That's all I can really say about that, seeing as how the extent of how much his voice bugs you is simply your opinion and I can't argue with that.

As for your Two Face complaint, I happen to disagree. I could go into detail as to what I think/why my opinion differs, but I don't think it'd change your mind.

And also, why did you like Wanted so much?

Raoul
That's cool, I respect your opinion (Iron Man was great). Don't get me wrong either, The Dark Knight wasn't a perfect film, I just think it's very good. As for my "masses" comment, I wasn't pointing out particular people/members, but rather trying to say that in general a lot of people have been jumping on the "I hate TDK" bandwagon, which happens whenever something gets this popular. I respect those who have valid complaints or those who simply enjoyed something else more, but I've seen/read a lot of unnecessary bashing of the film as of late. Also, I'm just curious, what bugged you about The Dark Knight?

oh, no, you're right. people who rag on the movie just to sound different deserve a slap in the mouth.

me personally? i felt it suffered a bit TOO much from nolan's insistence on it being as real a world as possible. it was almost as if, to me, that he was making a crime drama that just happened to star batman, rather than a batman movie that also happened to be a crime drama. i dunno if that makes sense.

although, i will admit that i LOVED the way two face was portrayed in the movie...

Nihilist

Bale's Batman voice bugged me too (mostly just during the last half hour or so), but not to the extent where it really affected my enjoyment of the film. But if you judge Christian Bale's overall performance on that aspect, then you're ignoring some fine acting. That's all I can really say about that, seeing as how the extent of how much his voice bugs you is simply your opinion and I can't argue with that.

As for your Two Face complaint, I happen to disagree. I could go into detail as to what I think/why my opinion differs, but I don't think it'd change your mind.

And also, why did you like Wanted so much? i just didnt rate bales performance,i thought it was lacking compared to eckard/ledgers,and i just feel the whole ending seemed rushed imo.i didnt dislike eckerd/two faces performance,he was on par if not better than ledger.

i liked wanted because i just seemed different,also james mcavoy was great.i just enjoyed it more.

Vally Doosh

I'm blocking you on msn.

Raoul
Originally posted by Vally Doosh
I'm blocking you on msn.

i'd use a crying smiley, if i had something to cry about...

Vally Doosh
i'd use a crying smiley, if i had something to cry about...
uhuh

Raoul
uhuh

i hate johns awesome

Vally Doosh
i hate johns awesome
I hate that you hate Johns. uhuh

Raoul
I hate that you hate Johns. uhuh

cry

Mr Shindiggery
1. The Dark Knight
2. Hellboy II: The Golden Army
3. Iron Man
4. The Incredible Hulk
5. Punisher War Zone

In terms of ratings out of ten.

The Dark Knight- 10/10
Hellboy II: The Golden Army- 9/10
Iron Man- 9/10
The Incredible Hulk- 7/10
Punisher War Zone- 6/10

Final Blaxican

I agree. That Bale was awful.

Especially compared to Downey. You could have replaced Bale outside of the suit with a cardboard box halfway through the movie and no one would have noticed the difference.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
I agree. That Bale was awful.

Especially compared to Downey. You could have replaced Bale outside of the suit with a cardboard box halfway through the movie and no one would have noticed the difference.

I really don't agree with that. Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne are two completely different characters; if Bale had acted like a fun-loving, happy-go-lucky, irresponsible ladies' man then it wouldn't have fit: A) The Dark Knight's plot/tone/etc. and B) Wayne's character. Bruce Wayne is pretty much a tragic character in TDK, he doesn't want to be Batman anymore, his love interest gets killed, innocent people die because of his actions; overall, he's not a happy camper. I don't understand why Bale gets such shit for his role in TDK, with the exception of the Bat voice, I thought he did a great job.

Final Blaxican
Even Keaton/Clooney, despite however lame they are, managed to do a Bruce Wayne without being card board.

There is a difference between being "tragic", and "depressed", and being literally emotionless. Bruce Wayne in the comic books is not emotionless, Bruce Wayne in all of his other movie incarnations is not emotionless... You see where I'm going with this.

If you feel that Bale wasn't an emotionless piece of card board, then that's fine... your opinion is worth just as much, if not more so, than mine.

However, if you're saying that his acting was indeed lack-luster but that's just how the character is, I'd disagree. Bruce Wayne does have a large chip on his shoulder, is depressed and at times brooding, but he has emotion and doesn't walk around with the same slightly open mouthed perpetual glum I have down-syndrome look on his face all day every day. I feel that Bale stressed that aspect of the character too much. I don't know if that's his fault or the directors, but if that's how it's supposed to go in the the directors "realistic" Batman world.. I say **** it.

The main character should never put people to sleep while the supporting actor (Joker) steals all of the spot light...

SnakeEyes
I think what we may have, is a difference of opinion. I understand in greater depth what you're talking about, but I still happen to disagree, because I don't think Bale was emotionless. As Bruce, he was kind of a sarcastic prick in public (thinking of the scene where he throws Dent a party and shows up in a helicopter with two babes and insults Harvey's campaign ads), then right after that he demonstrates regret/longing when he speaks with Rachel on the balcony/doesn't want to be Batman any longer due in part to his affection for her, and obvious jealousy of Harvey Dent's relationship with Rachel. Oh and also his dialogue with Alfred throughout the film when he was either A) focused on finding out more about the Joker, etc. or sarcastic with him ("I'll tell them the whole thing was your idea"wink. Anyway, I'm rambling, but I tried to give some examples there on why I don't think Bale's portrayal was emotionless.

And no I don't think the character is lack-luster (or the performance). Could Bale's performance have been better? Surely. Christian Bale's a great actor (as demonstrated in American Psycho and The Prestige), so I was a bit disappointed that The Joker stole the show. But, I happen to think that that's mostly due to the plot/script/character. The Joker had all of the best lines/monologues and was obviously a more mesmerizing character to watch because he's the damn Joker. Even in the comics, The Joker was always more entertaining to see/read.

All in all though, sir, I respect your opinion and respectfully disagree. By no means am I praising Christian Bale's performance in this film, however, I just think he did a solid job.

Naija boy
I really dont think bale did that badly. In truth the only thing i didnt like was his stupid batman voice. Aside that he was pretty good.

P.S Am i the only one that absolutely hated punisher warzone? I mean seriously i think there was extremely poor character development and the fighting scenes were nothing to write home about as well as having quite a vague plot.

Demonic Phoenix
Damn, who voted for Punisher >.<

Dark Knight by a mile. Then Iron Man. Then Hancock....ahem.
Did not watch the rest.

Magee
I enjoyed the Punisher film, much better than the other one.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Magee
I enjoyed the Punisher film, much better than the other one.

So were you the one that voted ?facepalm2

spidermanrocks
I enjoyed all of the films on that poll (except Hancock and The Spirit - these movies sucked).

spidermanrocks
1. The Dark Knight
2. The Incredible Hulk
3. Iron Man
4. Punisher: War Zone
5. Hellboy II: The Golden Army
6. Wanted

The Spirit and Hancock sucked IMO. But if I had to choose which one was better, I would go with Hancock.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.