Who Deserved to Win?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MasterAshenVor
Just a little poll for the people who are avid Star Wars thinkers...

We know that the Good Guy always wins right? but really did the Rebels deserve to win the Galactic Civil War?

steverules_2
There's no poll no expression

queeq
Nope.

vintageSW77
OT - The Rebels won

PT - The audience lost

sweersa
Originally posted by vintageSW77
OT - The Rebels won

PT - The audience lost

lol Naw...

The Sith won in the PT.

queeq
In half time yes. That's not winning.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
In half time yes. That's not winning.

The Sith had victory.

queeq
Nope...

Ordo
I won in the PT. I wouldn't have become a Star Wars fan without it.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
Nope...

Yup...

Palpatine (a Sith) became Chancellor in Episode I.

Palpatine gained Emergency powers in Episode II.

Palpatine started the Empire in Episode III and pwned the Jedi causing them to almost be extinct and they ALL went into hiding or were killed off.

And the Sith didn't win in that Trilogy?

Ordo
Obi and the little green thing escaped.

That came back to bite them in their little...

Not to mention Vader became a little traitorous bon bon.

sweersa
Originally posted by Ordo
Obi and the little green thing escaped.

That came back to bite them in their little...

Not to mention Vader became a little traitorous bon bon.

Yeah, but the Sith still won in the PT. The Empire seemed to have more control of the galaxy by the end of ROTS than the Rebels had control at the end of ROTJ.

Of course lets not forget about the odd scenes Lucas added to ROTJ, I refuse to believe the Rebels took over the capital so fast with all of the Imperials.

I guess those few scenes are meant to replace the thoughts of a Sequel Trilogy.

Ordo
Well, in a city the size of Coruscant you can't "control" it.

Anyway, the scene was of people dancing in the street, not of the Rebels being victorious. What is the Empire going to do, annihilate everyone after they just got their arses whipped?

Final Blaxican
Even if we disclude EU, the Rebels were never stated to have canonically taken out all of the Empire's fleet.

With EU... well, it took a very, very long time for the Rebellion to even push the Empire out of Couracant and into the outer rim, and actually they never succeeded in beating the remnant. They just eventually had a truce.

But that's EU.

sweersa
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Even if we disclude EU, the Rebels were never stated to have canonically taken out all of the Empire's fleet.

With EU... well, it took a very, very long time for the Rebellion to even push the Empire out of Couracant and into the outer rim, and actually they never succeeded in beating the remnant. They just eventually had a truce.

But that's EU.

That sounds plausible.

Originally posted by Ordo
Well, in a city the size of Coruscant you can't "control" it.

Anyway, the scene was of people dancing in the street, not of the Rebels being victorious. What is the Empire going to do, annihilate everyone after they just got their arses whipped?

Yeah, and they knocked over a statue of Palpatine. In order to do that I assume no imperials could be around.

Jack Daniels
Originally posted by Final Blaxican

But that's EU.
This is where I expected sweersa to say the nightmare never ends

sweersa
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
This is where I expected sweersa to say the nightmare never ends

I will save it for another time.

Hahaha.

Jack Daniels
tease..lol

sweersa
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
tease..lol

Not anymore. Hahaha.

Clonetrooper
Maybe it was like the sovjet union. Once the wall went down it collapses completly.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
good guys always deserve the "win".

the so-called mopping-up action is another story...

PT is another matter though - the bad guys ruled. pwned. owned.
good guys - eh, not so much. Luke and Leia and Obi and Yoda did something about that, though...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.