Wolverine vs X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I'm Bran
shifty

Wolverine vs the X-men.

Fight in the X-Mansion.

No prep.

snoopdogg
Wolverine.

Mindset
Wolverine of course, he is tailor made to beat anyone.

He's the best at what he does, he never said what that was, so I assume it's everything.

Placidity
Well, it depends on who the X-men are. Like if Professor X was included then...

Just kidding lol, Wolverine wins.

redhotrash
Which X-Men. Classic Rogue or Gambit alone could give him a very good fight. Gambit's beaten him 1 on 1 before. Cyclops could score some wins, etc etc.

Trackz
the xmen, but in a comic probably wolverine

Raoul
Originally posted by I'm Bran
shifty

Wolverine vs the X-men.

Fight in the X-Mansion.

No prep.

pr1983

I'm Bran
Originally posted by redhotrash
Which X-Men. Classic Rogue or Gambit alone could give him a very good fight. Gambit's beaten him 1 on 1 before. Cyclops could score some wins, etc etc. This team:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Wolverine%20owned/Wolvie_70_024-025.jpg

Raoul
This team:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Wolverine%20owned/Wolvie_70_024-025.jpg

what the hell is that from? old man logan?

Mindset
Originally posted by Raoul
what the hell is that from? old man logan?

Yes, old man Logan.

redhotrash
Uh, Wolverine is IN that picture.

Mr. Funktastic

I'm Bran
what the hell is that from? old man logan? Wolverine 70.

He fights a bunch of super villains... but it turns out Mysterio was casting illusions...

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mindset
Wolverine comic, the same one where Wolverine kills Stryfe and Mr. Sinister...fail.

It's not 616 canon though.

Yes, old man Logan.

Stryfe and Mr. Sinister where the X-Men actually.

Mindset
Uh, Wolverine is IN that picture. ok?

Mindset
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Stryfe and Mr. Sinister where the X-Men actually. I edited, I looked further in the comic, I stopped reading it after I saw that.

Doesn't change the fail.

Warrior18
They must have jobbed biiiiiiig time.

srankmissingnin
Which X-Men. Classic Rogue or Gambit alone could give him a very good fight. Gambit's beaten him 1 on 1 before. Cyclops could score some wins, etc etc.

confused

Gambit managed to get the drop on a severally weakened Wolverine in Danger Room Exercises after he cheated... that's the closest hes come to beating Wolverine in a fight.

Raoul
Wolverine 70.

He fights a bunch of super villains... but it turns out Mysterio was casting illusions...

riiight.

yeah, no f*cking way is he pulling that off. half the people in that picture should wreck him.

psycho gundam
This team:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Wolverine%20owned/Wolvie_70_024-025.jpg havok got it the worst. the first slice didn't go through, so the attacker tried another one apparently.

Mindset
The dumbest thing is it shows Iceman dead because he got his head cut off...no expression

srankmissingnin
riiight.

yeah, no f*cking way is he pulling that off. half the people in that picture should wreck him.

Well Longshot and Cannonball would clean house, but who else? evil face

redhotrash
I remember Gambit fighting him during one of their Shiar adventures. Regardless, from that scan alone, Wolverine hasnt a chance.

snoopdogg
Was Colossus in this issue?

srankmissingnin
Is the dude near Polaris, Forge?

Mindset
No, but he woulda died too.

Is the dude near Polaris, Forge? yea

redhotrash
Actually, I think Longshot and Cannonball vs Wolverine wouldnt be bad. I think Cannonball has a a damn good shot at taking him.

srankmissingnin
Colossus is the dude with his head split open under Psylock

Raoul
Well Longshot and Cannonball would clean house, but who else? evil face

laughing out loud

cyclops, colossus, polaris, iceman, and betsy all in the same room, and he beats them? yeesh...

psycho gundam
imo, weapon x/feral mindset logan could do them up like that if he snuck in.

Mindset
Colossus is the dude with his head split open under Psylock lol wow, im blind

snoopdogg
So is this proof positive that a determined Wolverine can beat up the X-Men?

Mindset
Originally posted by snoopdogg
So is this proof positive that a determined Wolverine can beat up the X-Men? This isn't 616 canon, and even if it was, do you think any sane person would use this as proof?

snoopdogg
This isn't 616 canon, and even if it was, do you think any sane person would use this as proof? I wouldn't, but I bet somebody might. angel

Mindset
I wouldn't, but I bet somebody might. angel Like who? evil face

redhotrash
People use promotional comics from Clearasil, Pizza Hut, the animated series, and coloring books as proof of Wolverine feats, so why not that?

srankmissingnin
So is this proof positive that a determined Wolverine can beat up the X-Men?

We know he downed more than half a dozen of the X-Men without warning in a few seconds before anyone realised what was going on. Maybe it was the most powerful ones? I wouldnt worry about it though. He took them by surprise and Mysterio pretty much stated the X-Men were trying not to hurt him.

Mindset
We know he downed more than half a dozen of the X-Men without warning in a few seconds before anyone realised what was going on. Maybe it was the most powerful ones? He killed Iceman by cutting his head off...no expression

snoopdogg
We know he downed more than half a dozen of the X-Men without warning in a few seconds before anyone realised what was going on. Maybe it was the most powerful ones? I wouldnt worry about it though. He took them by surprise and Mysterio pretty much stated the X-Men were trying not to hurt him. I didn't read the issue yet. But are you saying Logan blitzed 6 X-Men before they knew what was going on?

srankmissingnin
He killed Iceman by cutting his head off...no expression

Iceman hasn't done any of his ubre immortal omega level mutant disembodied ice head junk since his powers were restored after he lost them on M-Day. evil face

redhotrash
Iceman restored himself from like a drop of water and froze that giant Hetacomb thing that was pretty huge. Those are impressive showings. Impressive enough to smear Wolverine across the danger room.

srankmissingnin
I didn't read the issue yet. But are you saying Logan blitzed 6 X-Men before they knew what was going on?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...&disp=table

Every villain he kills is presumably an X-Man.

Mindset
Iceman hasn't done any of his ubre immortal omega level mutant disembodied ice head junk since his powers were restored after he lost them on M-Day. evil face Yes he has.

Children of the Vault arc.

srankmissingnin
Iceman restored himself from like a drop of water and froze that giant Hetacomb thing that was pretty huge. Those are impressive showings. Impressive enough to smear Wolverine across the danger room.

I was joking, hence the evil face.

Anyway He killed Iceman by cutting his head off because it is an alternate time line and Miller doesn't need to explain himself. How did Galactus get punked and used to power a time machine in Miller's Fantastic Four? Apparently if you are the future version of an established character Miller can do what ever he wants with out explaining it. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if I was you.

Mindset
Future Galactus had depression, he wanted to be beaten.

srankmissingnin

I didn't realise, he seemed so... so normal. sad

Warrior18

Lol. Galactus with depression (assuming it's no joke) and Logan soloing the X-Men.Why do people buy these editions? messed

redhotrash
Says the guy putting over that Abomination vs Wolverine "comic" like 3 minutes ago

Mindset
I just realized something, it took Wolverine 90 minutes to beat Jubilee.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/Wolvie_70_LucyButler_DCP_020.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/Wolvie_70_LucyButler_DCP_021.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/Wolvie_70_LucyButler_DCP_022.jpg

stormultt
Storm mustve been sleep wen wolverine killed her because AINT NO WAY IN HELL SHE GON LET HIM KILL HER roll eyes (sarcastic)

Warrior18
Says the guy putting over that Abomination vs Wolverine "comic" like 3 minutes ago

Go back and read my last post. erm

Also go and learn about a character's abilities before screaming PIS or better yet try not to let your obvious distaste for them cloud your judgement. smile

srankmissingnin
He took down the X-Men as Death (he did have a nifty laser sword though), he held them off for a while when Mesmero had them all brain washed (and his powers where much weaker then). He's also held his own against a brain washed Alpha Flight, beaten the Soviet Super Soldiers and pounded Domina into the ground and she solo the X-Men. Its not totally out of line for Wolverine to take down several of the X-Men especially if he is actively trying to kill them... certainly makes more sense than Deathstroke hitting the Flash anyway.

You'd think that the collatoral damage from Havok / Storm trying to take out Wolverine would have been enough to knock out c-list chump like Mysterio... who... I thought died of cancer or something.

redhotrash
Actually Storm being slaughtered in that pic made me smile a little. The moment was quickly ruined by the sad picture of Beast being impaled.

Mindset
Originally posted by stormultt
Storm mustve been sleep wen wolverine killed her because AINT NO WAY IN HELL SHE GON LET HIM KILL HER roll eyes (sarcastic) Nope, he cut her lightning bolts in half and owned her hard.

That was the only part of the story that made complete sense.

snoopdogg
He took down the X-Men as Death (he did have a nifty laser sword though), he held them off for a while when Mesmero had them all brain washed (and his powers where much weaker then). He's also held his own against a brain washed Alpha Flight, beaten the Soviet Super Soldiers and pounded Domina into the ground and she solo the X-Men. Its not totally out of line for Wolverine to take down several of the X-Men especially if he is actively trying to kill them... certainly makes more sense than Deathstroke hitting the Flash anyway.

You'd think that the collatoral damage from Havok / Storm trying to take out Wolverine would have been enough to knock out c-list chump like Mysterio... who... I thought died of cancer or something. So woud you agree that feat is usable from Wolverine #70?

redhotrash
Originally posted by Warrior18
Go back and read my last post. erm

Also go and learn about a character's abilities before screaming PIS or better yet try not to let your obvious distaste for them cloud your judgement. smile

When did I scream PIS? I just said show me a Wolverine win over the Hulk that wasnt PIS. Which you cant because by your own admission you arent familiar with any Wolverine vs Hulk fights. Which makes me wonder why you'd even try to argue the point in the first place...

srankmissingnin
So woud you agree that feat is usable from Wolverine #70?

No, I just didn't like the way the conversation was going with most people saying that anyone of the x-men in that picture could take Logan for the majority.

Warrior18
When did I scream PIS? I just said show me a Wolverine win over the Hulk that wasnt PIS. Which you cant because by your own admission you arent familiar with any Wolverine vs Hulk fights. Which makes me wonder why you'd even try to argue the point in the first place...

I mean you seeming to think Logan winning against Abomination in the forum match is PIS.

snoopdogg
No, I just didn't like the way the conversation was going with most people saying that anyone of the x-men in that picture could take Logan for the majority. Well I think alot of them could have.

Mindset
No, I just didn't like the way the conversation was going with most people saying that anyone of the x-men in that picture could take Logan for the majority. I don't think anyone said that anyway.

redhotrash
I mean you seeming to think Logan winning against Abomination is PIS.

Show me where I said that. Also I'll take you ignoring the rest of that post as you conceding the point.

srankmissingnin
It erks me that there is three more issues of Old Man Logan left (so if we are lucky thats three months... but the title has already had delays) and we already know how its going to end.

Warrior18
Show me where I said that. Also I'll take you ignoring the rest of that post as you conceding the point.

You basically implied it by decrying all of Logan's showings against the Hulk as PIS you then went on to compare the Hulk to Abomination thus suggesting to me you think any fight between Logan and Abomination would be rigged with PIS in Logan's favour. *shrugs*

I concede no point. It's just many who seem to dislike Logan get very angry when he fights the Hulk because they feel he should be easily KOed by the Hulk's punches, even though he has one of the most over the top healing factors in comics. This is why they scream PIS I think.

We are clogging the thread though. There is always the aforementioned Logan v abomination thread for this.

redhotrash
3 more issues then its back to 2-4.5 out of 10 rated issues of Wolverine.

srankmissingnin

Just like Jason Aarrons run before Old Man Logan! mad

Oh wait... that was better than Mad Maxx... I mean Unforgiven... I mean Old Man Logan. evil face

srankmissingnin

I heard a rumour that the Wolverine title is going to take on an Incredible Hulk (Herculies) approach, after Miller/McNiven's run and replace Logan, while Aarron's new Wolverine title with start up around the same time.

stormultt
Nope, he cut her lightning bolts in half and owned her hard.

That was the only part of the story that made complete sense.

WELL THATS THE DUMBEST SHITTIEST COMCI BOOK TO GRACE STANDS ANYWHERE.... mad

Mindset
WELL THATS THE DUMBEST SHITTIEST COMCI BOOK TO GRACE STANDS ANYWHERE.... mad Best. Comic. Ever.

srankmissingnin
WELL THATS THE DUMBEST SHITTIEST COMCI BOOK TO GRACE STANDS ANYWHERE.... mad

Hehe you're easy to bait.

That one panel of dead people you saw is the extent of the fight with the x-men shown in the book.

stormultt
LOL its just hard to believe metal bones can take all of them...hes nce and all but NO!! i know its fiction but damn! thats just ridiculous

redhotrash
You basically implied it by decrying all of Logan's showings against the Hulk as PIS you then went on to compare the Hulk to Abomination thus suggesting to me you think any fight between Logan and Abomination would be rigged with PIS in Logan's favour. *shrugs*

I concede no point. It's just many who seem to dislike Logan get very angry when he fights the Hulk because they feel he should be easily KOed by the Hulk's punches, even though he has one of the most over the top healing factors in comics. This is why they scream PIS I think.

We are clogging the thread though. There is always the aforementioned Logan v abomination thread for this.

You said yourself that you dont know jack about Wolverine's fights with Hulk, so they could very well be steaming piles of PIS and guess what? You, by your own admission, wouldnt know it. And again, Wolverine LOSES the majority of his Hulk fights. Theres no shame in that. Lastly, Wolverine has been taken out by blunt force strikes from people waaaaay under class 200 strength.

ExodusCloak
The divergence from 616 takes place some time when Jubilee was on that team...must be in the 90's before Gen X. shifty

jmc247
Wolverine is a beast!! He has been shown he can take on almost all the X-Men and win. He has been shown he can take on the Silver Surfer and win. He has even been shown he can take on the likes of Sue Storm and Magneto at the same time and win.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/wolv2.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/wolv1.jpg

I'm Bran
True dat!

Warrior18
You said yourself that you dont know jack about Wolverine's fights with Hulk, so they could very well be steaming piles of PIS and guess what? You, by your own admission, wouldnt know it. And again, Wolverine LOSES the majority of his Hulk fights. Theres no shame in that. Lastly, Wolverine has been taken out by blunt force strikes from people waaaaay under class 200 strength.

What the f**k?

I said I wasn't too knowledgeable...........that doesn't mean I don't know that Logan has a decent record against Hulk, who by the way is superior to abomination and has kicked his arse more times than I care to count. Please stop talking BS. At the very least the Logan respect thread is just around the forum corner which has showings of Logan doing well against the Hulk.

The fact is Logan doesn't have to prove himself against the Hulk (as he has done) in order for me to know he would beat a brick like abomination. I don't know why you keep bringing the Hulk up.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by jmc247
Wolverine is a beast!! He has been shown he can take on almost all the X-Men and win. He has been shown he can take on the Silver Surfer and win. He has even been shown he can take on the likes of Sue Storm and Magneto at the same time and win.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/wolv2.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/wolv1.jpg

Failed seeing as all of the people you just named would wreck him 10/10. Take your PIS somewhere else.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
The divergence from 616 takes place some time when Jubilee was on that team...must be in the 90's before Gen X. shifty

And yet Beast was all modern and cat-like....

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
And yet Beast was all modern and cat-like....

Well Wasp is still alive in Millar's Fantastic Four run...so I don't really know why Jubilee is in her 90's costume. stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW

You'd think that the collatoral damage from Havok / Storm trying to take out Wolverine would have been enough to knock out c-list chump like Mysterio... who... I thought died of cancer or something.

Man, you really underestimate Mysterio. He didn't die of cancer, he shot himself in the head (Kraven's style). And you know what? He came back.

So no, collateral damage wouldn't KO him. How can you KO a guy with literally no brain?

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/4218/mysterio027572547aa0.th.png

We don't really know whether or not it was Quentin though. There have been three Mysterios.

What If...
I haven't been to these forums in MONTHS, and coming back to this thread reminded me of why I left.
Same fanboy shit still going on? Is this for real? It honestly seems like a big joke...and it kind of is I guess =\

CBR forum ftw.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by What If...
I haven't been to these forums in MONTHS, and coming back to this thread reminded me of why I left.
Same fanboy shit still going on? Is this for real? It honestly seems like a big joke...and it kind of is I guess =\

CBR forum ftw.

Wolverine soloed an X-Men team who were hesitant in Old Man Logan (Divergent Timeline) he killed about 40 of them I think. WEll I think it's implied that he killed 40 of them seeing how there were about forty villians.

I'm Bran
It should remind you to leave again then.

What If...
Wolverine soloed an X-Men team who were hesitant in Old Man Logan (Divergent Timeline) he killed about 40 of them I think.

...and?

Posting

It should remind you to leave again then.
It's pretty inherent from my post that I don't intend to return, and that I find these forums a complete joke. So... uhm... -10 points for lacking wit and contributing absolutely nothing to the world wide web.

Btw, for future reference, you may want to state what team of X-men you want to set up to lose against Logan. There have been about 10 in just the last decade.

Scrub.

ExodusCloak
...and?

He's taking the piss erm, Wolverine may be able to easily solo all 40 X-Men but he shouldn't have fell for Mysterio's illusion. shifty

What If...
He's taking the piss erm, Wolverine may be able to easily solo all 40 X-Men but he shouldn't have fell for Mysterio's illusion. shifty

I guess you think you're funny, I refuse to believe from the content of your respect threads that you are this diluted.

I would love to give you a :ROFLCOPTER: ...if I felt you deserved it.

ExodusCloak
I guess you think you're funny, I refuse to believe from the content of your respect threads that you are this diluted.

I would love to give you a :ROFLCOPTER: ...if I felt you deserved it.

Okay I'm not funny stick out tongue. But in all seriousness it's Millar he's like what Leifield was in the 90's he knows what's the nueva cool, I mean he wants to give Dr. Doom a freaking mentor. no expression

I like Millar at times though, I have to give him that much. Continuity niggle aside and a bit more suspension of belief since it's an alternate timeline, Old Man Logan still reads well.
His Enemy of the State arc was pretty cruddy if you ask me though.

I'm Bran
It's pretty inherent from my post that I don't intend to return, and that I find these forums a complete joke. So... uhm... -10 points for lacking wit and contributing absolutely nothing to the world wide web.

Btw, for future reference, you may want to state what team of X-men you want to set up to lose against Logan. There have been about 10 in just the last decade.

Scrub. Neat.

I did.

Burcs.

ExodusCloak
I'm going to close my eyes when this comes out:

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=11322

I'm Bran

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=11322 I get worried in any story where the main character faces ridiculous odds on the cover.

Suffice to say, I am not looking forward to Skaar vs Surfer...

ExodusCloak
I get worried in any story where the main character faces ridiculous odds on the cover.

Suffice to say, I am not looking forward to Skaar vs Surfer...

Indeed, but I guess big fights sell...why fix something that works, look at Loeb.

I'm Bran
Indeed, but I guess big fights sell...why fix something that works, look at Loeb. True.

Still, you always feel that the ridiculous odds might shit the bed.

I mean, if Wolverine/Jr beat that team...

ExodusCloak
True.

Still, you always feel that the ridiculous odds might shit the bed.

I mean, if Wolverine/Jr beat that team...

True but I've already prepared for the worst. He'll beat the team and Wolvey will stop him which leads to Daken some how getting involved with the Dark Avengers and Norman Osborne which is a bit ridiculous seeing how Emma Frost is also working with Norman. The X-Men are going to take on the Agents of Atlas because of him.

Sigh* that's Daniel Way for you.

What If...
Okay I'm not funny stick out tongue. But in all seriousness it's Millar he's like what Leifield was in the 90's he knows what's the nueva cool, I mean he wants to give Dr. Doom a freaking mentor. no expression

I like Millar at times though, I have to give him that much. Continuity niggle aside and a bit more suspension of belief since it's an alternate timeline, Old Man Logan still reads well.
His Enemy of the State arc was pretty cruddy if you ask me though.

I'm definetly not a fan of Millars. I didn't enjoy any of his arcs in the ultimate universe, but I have to give him credit for Civil War.

Neat.

I did.

Burcs.

You posted an image 8 replys into the thread. A non canon, one sided image that clearly reveals your weird obsession with a little canadian man, at that.

Phail.

Anyways, going from left to right...

Iceman, Havoc, Psylocke, Cannonball, Storm, and Polaris are all out of Wolverines league.
I would have included Colossus, but he is slightly debatable were as the others are not.

I'm Bran
You posted an image 8 replys into the thread. A non canon, one sided image that clearly reveals your weird obsession with a little canadian man, at that.

Phail.

Anyways, going from left to right...

Iceman, Havoc, Psylocke, Cannonball, Storm, and Polaris are all out of Wolverines league.
I would have included Colossus, but he is slightly debatable were as the others are not. It still said what team I was using (your point). no expression
And weird obsessions... would that include counting out posts to try and prove... something?

You're still here, I know. sad

It was a joke thread. But thanks for the informative post. thumb up

jmc247
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Failed seeing as all of the people you just named would wreck him 10/10. Take your PIS somewhere else.

No way Wolverine jobber aura is off the scales these days. I am waiting for his rematch against Galactus, this time I think Wolverine will take it.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/6226_1_b.jpg

Warrior18
lol

Raoul

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=11322

i think i just died a little inside...

tsscls
No way Wolverine jobber aura is off the scales these days. I am waiting for his rematch against Galactus, this time I think Wolverine will take it.

Only 8/10
Galactus has some high showings.

Placidity

What in the...?

redhotrash
40 X-Men? Wolverine shouldnt be able to take any 15 X-Men at a time, including the scrubs. Xavier has been at least reasonably careful about which students to move to the field team.

redhotrash
What the f**k?

I said I wasn't too knowledgeable...........that doesn't mean I don't know that Logan has a decent record against Hulk, who by the way is superior to abomination and has kicked his arse more times than I care to count. Please stop talking BS. At the very least the Logan respect thread is just around the forum corner which has showings of Logan doing well against the Hulk.

The fact is Logan doesn't have to prove himself against the Hulk (as he has done) in order for me to know he would beat a brick like abomination. I don't know why you keep bringing the Hulk up.

Respect threads are nice for seeing some of the cooler high end showings of a character. But they are just that, high end showings which generally arent even permitted. If they were, Spider-Man would be in the 80 ton range...

Mindset
Anybody read the lastest issue of Wolverine Manifest Destiny?

Warrior18
Respect threads are nice for seeing some of the cooler high end showings of a character. But they are just that, high end showings which generally arent even permitted. If they were, Spider-Man would be in the 80 ton range...

blink

Clearly you haven't been to many respect threads.

jmc247
40 X-Men? Wolverine shouldnt be able to take any 15 X-Men at a time, including the scrubs. Xavier has been at least reasonably careful about which students to move to the field team.

They have lost prospective when it comes to the character and forgotten what made the character great wasn't that he could beat all the other X-Men including the likes of Storm, Iceman, and Polaris at the same time. It wasn't that he could beat the likes of the Silver Surfer or Magneto with relative ease. Until reciently he couldn't beat anyone and everyone.

What made him popular wasn't that he was invincible. It was because he was a bad ass little guy with a big heart.

namorsubby
wolverine takes them all with one hand behind his back........a hand which is holding a bottle of canadian ale of course.:Laugh:

Rhinoceros
confused

Gambit managed to get the drop on a severally weakened Wolverine in Danger Room Exercises after he cheated... that's the closest hes come to beating Wolverine in a fight.

Contest of Champions 2?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
Contest of Champions 2?

You could be right, I'd have to check though because I remember Wolverine kicking Gambits ass and Rogue interfering.

His jobber aura is off the scales these days? Quickly, name the last conclusive win Wolverine had over anyone of merit in standard contuity.

Seriously... Wolverine has scarcly won a fight in the last three years.

redhotrash
They have lost prospective when it comes to the character and forgotten what made the character great wasn't that he could beat all the other X-Men including the likes of Storm, Iceman, and Polaris at the same time. It wasn't that he could beat the likes of the Silver Surfer or Magneto with relative ease. Until reciently he couldn't beat anyone and everyone.

What made him popular wasn't that he was invincible. It was because he was a bad ass little guy with a big heart.

And thats how it should be still. But you have a handful of bad writers and a legion of ignorant fanboys ::glances around at some Wolverine threads::

Phantom Zone

Damn straight.

complexbrother
No, I just didn't like the way the conversation was going with most people saying that anyone of the x-men in that picture could take Logan for the majority.

Cyclops could
Storm could
Collosus could
Havoc could
Longshot could (due only to his probility power )
Iceman could
Polaris could

redhotrash
Originally posted by complexbrother
Cyclops could
Storm could
Collosus could
Havoc could
Longshot could (due only to his probility power )
Iceman could
Polaris could

I disagree only with Longshot.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by namorsubby
wolverine takes them all with one hand behind his back........a hand which is holding a bottle of canadian ale of course.:Laugh:

No.

stormultt
i say he could take them out.....if they all suddenly got drunk and retarded. the only ones he could propably beat is longshot and collosus...but thats just my opinion

redhotrash
I'd shed no tears if he skewered Storm or Cyclops.

Wei Phoenix
i say he could take them out.....if they all suddenly got drunk and retarded. the only ones he could propably beat is longshot and collosus...but thats just my opinion

Can Wolverine cut Colossus' steel body?

Wei Phoenix

Of course you won't because it will never happen.

stormultt

storm wouldnt allow that shit and i like cyclops but lately..eh...he deserve to be beaten up.

The Real Wolvie
storm wouldnt allow that shit and i like cyclops but lately..eh...he deserve to be beaten up.

She wouldn't have a choice if she isn't prepped for the fight. Wolverine could easily take down several X-men if he suddenly started slashing real quick and they were not expected him too. That being said, once the fight is on, there's really no way he's going to K.O. the rest of the team. Also, it seems almost a joke on Millar's part...he has Wolverine get owned by everyone in Enemy of the State including Elektra and Daredevil yet he beats the shit out of 39 X-men, and then fights Jubilee for 90 minutes??? What...the...****???!!! Is Millar just making some crude joke or something?

Wolverine isn't just a "little badass with a big heart" - he is a skilled fighter who has his place fighting guys like Roughouse, Bloodscream and some other low-level villians. He was cool when he used his skills instead of healing factor and bones all the time. But you know, just because he can't take Galactus or Sliver Surfer doesn't mean he should be bested by Mystique wielding a chair. Jason Aaron sucks for that reason alone - and also having Wolverine blow himself up just to infiltrate a military base. He really shouldn't have to do that to get in...

Seems like you have extremist Wolverine haters who want to see Wolverine reduced to a normal guy who can barely fight, but hey, he has a big heart and tries his best..

Then you have people who enjoy watching him heal instantly absorb ridiculous amounts of punishment for no good reason other than that he can..and also you have a few that think he can really beat Magneto...

But isn't there a middle ground that everyone can be happy with? Manifest Destiny seems to be taking Logan into a direction where he uses skills and not powers to win fights..that's a version of the character that I would personaly enjoy reading. I'm thinking though, that if Wolverine aquires the ability to chi-amp or something, people are going to be pissed. It almost looks as if his training is going to put him above the likes of Shang Chi and Iron Fist without question. I just can't see that going over well with some people...

Mindset
Originally posted by The Real Wolvie
It almost looks as if his training is going to put him above the likes of Shang Chi and Iron Fist without question. I just can't see that going over well with some people... It doesn't look that at all.

If anything they are trying to get him close to them in skill level, because according to Manifest Destiny he's not.

The Real Wolvie
It doesn't look that at all.

If anything they are trying to get him close to them in skill level, because according to Manifest Destiny he's not.

Where are you getting that? Some little kid thinks that but really these warriors of the black dragon look better than Shang Chi and Iron Fist and if Wolverine takes them by himself then he will just look insane as far as skill goes. I'm not saying that it will happen for sure just saying what it looks like. I actually think this can turn out really stupidly and I'm not even set that it's an accurate portrayal of Wolverine. Seems rather inaccurate actually.

Mindset
Where are you getting that? Some little kid thinks that but really these warriors of the black dragon look better than Shang Chi and Iron Fist and if Wolverine takes them by himself then he will just look insane as far as skill goes. I'm not saying that it will happen for sure just saying what it looks like. I actually think this can turn out really stupidly and I'm not even set that it's an accurate portrayal of Wolverine. Seems rather inaccurate actually. Except the Black Dragon fighters don't look better than Shang Chi or IF, definitely not IF. erm

Wolverine's skills were just so mediocre that they were able to beat him.

The Real Wolvie
Except the Black Dragon fighters don't look better than Shang Chi or IF, definitely not IF. erm

Wolverine's skills were just so mediocre that they were able to beat him.

So them being so skilled at martial arts that they basically have superpowers isn't putting them above the likes of Chi or Fist? They are least as good as Fist. The fact that the fat one can kick as hard as the thing if the thing was an 11th degree black belt should atest to that.

Really go read the Wolverine respect thread of you think that his fighting skills are mediocre..

Because beating Cap in a fist fight would suggest otherwise..

Mindset
So them being so skilled at martial arts that they basically have superpowers isn't putting them above the likes of Chi or Fist? They are least as good as Fist. The fact that the fat one can kick as hard as the thing if the thing was an 11th degree black belt should atest to that.

Really go read the Wolverine respect thread of you think that his fighting skills are mediocre..

Because beating Cap in a fist fight would suggest otherwise.. facepalm

The comic says his skills suck, we are talking about the comic, I know what Wolverine is capable of. no expression

Oh wow, they know martial arts and have super powers...how does that make them as good or better than Danny? 9th degree black belt, and still, how does that make him Danny's level?

You make the claim w/o backing it up.

The Real Wolvie
facepalm

The comic says his skills suck, we are talking about the comic, I know what Wolverine is capable of. no expression

Oh wow, they know martial arts and have super powers...how does that make them as good or better than Danny? 9th degree black belt, and still, how does that make him Danny's level?

You make the claim w/o backing it up.

First of all, the comic doesn't say that Wolverine's skill sucks. Master Po says that Wolverine's skill sucks..Master Po also says that ninjas are unskilled imbeciles, yet those same imbeciles nearly killed Captain American - Wolverine had to save him. Master Po also says that Wolverine has the speed of a half-dead slug yet in the same issue, Wolverine dodges bullets. So what can you take from that? The only logical interpretation is that Master Po is just that much greater than Wolverine and that Master Po is making a point. He's saying that Logan needs to stop fighting like a retard and learn some new skill to defeat the Black Dragon's warriors. Because if he really thinks that Logan has the speed of a half-dead slug, he's retarded. But hey, we both know he isn't so really, there is no point in taking Master Po's words literally. What I get is that Logan sucks in comparison and that ninja's suck even harder in comparison to Master Po.

Also, you're taking a little boy's word that Logan is less skilled than Chi or Fist? I wonder why Logan never told them about the time he kicked Chi's ass with ease....maybe because that's not the point. The point is that Logan sucks in comparison to Po and in comparison to the Black Dragon's warriors.

The fact that Logan was getting owned so easily should tell you that they are well beyond Chi and Fist considering that Logan has beaten Chi with ease. It's simple logic really.

Also it's my understanding that they don't have any additional superpowers - their martial arts ability is so great that it puts them on that super human level...how is that NOT putting them at equals with Iron Fist?

Mindset
First of all, the comic doesn't say that Wolverine's skill sucks. Master Po says that Wolverine's skill sucks..Master Po also says that ninjas are unskilled imbeciles, yet those same imbeciles nearly killed Captain American - Wolverine had to save him. Master Po also says that Wolverine has the speed of a half-dead slug yet in the same issue, Wolverine dodges bullets. So what can you take from that? The only logical interpretation is that Master Po is just that much greater than Wolverine and that Master Po is making a point. He's saying that Logan needs to stop fighting like a retard and learn some new skill to defeat the Black Dragon's warriors. Because if he really thinks that Logan has the speed of a half-dead slug, he's retarded. But hey, we both know he isn't so really, there is no point in taking Master Po's words literally. What I get is that Logan sucks in comparison and that ninja's suck even harder in comparison to Master Po.

Also, you're taking a little boy's word that Logan is less skilled than Chi or Fist? I wonder why Logan never told them about the time he kicked Chi's ass with ease....maybe because that's not the point. The point is that Logan sucks in comparison to Po and in comparison to the Black Dragon's warriors.

The fact that Logan was getting owned so easily should tell you that they are well beyond Chi and Fist considering that Logan has beaten Chi with ease. It's simple logic really.

Also it's my understanding that they don't have any additional superpowers - their martial arts ability is so great that it puts them on that super human level...how is that NOT putting them at equals with Iron Fist? *sigh*

First of, you write too much.

And yet pretty much every street leveler owns ninjas w/o breaking a sweat. erm
Except he doesn't dodge the bullets, all he does is jump behind a table, great speed feat. Master Po says he thinks Logan is less skilled than years ago. So obviously he isn't just talking about in comparison to himself. Logan didn't show any skill in manifest destiny, his only saving grace was his claws and healing factor.

The fact that 4v1 Logan was losing against chi amped martial artists, and because of that individually each one is better than IF? Give me a break...maybe using your logic.

You can't even stay consistent with your own stance, in the same post you have them as well above IF in skill, then later you say they are equal because they use chi.

So anyway who uses chi/martial arts is equal to IF? OK, that makes perfect sense.

The Pict
riiight.

They were all holding back as he was one of their own (the reason Wolverine was picked to take out the X-Men). But he thought the were villains who had just murdered Jubilee and went into a berserker rage.

Mindset
Originally posted by The Pict
They were all holding back as he was one of their own (the reason Wolverine was picked to take out the X-Men). But he thought the were villains who had just murdered Jubilee and went into a berserker rage. Still doesn't explain Iceman being dead.

The Real Wolvie
*sigh*

Except he doesn't dodge the bullets, all he does is jump behind a table, great speed feat. Master Po says he thinks Logan is less skilled than years ago. So obviously he isn't just talking about in comparison to himself. Logan didn't show any skill in manifest destiny, his only saving grace was his claws and healing factor.

The fact that 4v1 Logan was losing against chi amped martial artists, and because of that individually each one is better than IF? Give me a break...maybe using your logic.

You can't even stay consistent with your own stance, in the same post you have them as well above IF in skill, then later you say they are equal because they use chi.

So anyway who uses chi/martial arts is equal to IF? OK, that makes perfect sense.

Yes, I write too much for you to counter. I understand. And can you please make a list of all the martial artists in the Marvel U who can chi-amp? Logic dictates that since these four can, they are at least on Fists level. And since they have the equivalent strength of The Thing IF the Thing was a ninth level black belt also says something. I can't think of anyone in the Marvel U actually that can say that except for Mandarin.

Mindset
Yes, I write too much for you to counter. I understand. And can you please make a list of all the martial artists in the Marvel U who can chi-amp? Logic dictates that since these four can, they are at least on Fists level. And since they have the equivalent strength of The Thing IF the Thing was a ninth level black belt also says something. I can't think of anyone in the Marvel U actually that can say that except for Mandarin.

Shang Chi
Steel Serpent
Prince of Orphans
Iron Fist
Mandarin
Temugin
Taskmaster
Fat Cobra
Dog Brother
The Bride of Nine Spiders
Tiger's Beautiful Daughter
Zhou (The guy sent to kill IF)

By your logic these people are all on the same level...

Just because you use chi doesn't put you on the same level as IF, and thinking so is silly.

The Real Wolvie
Shang Chi
Steel Serpent
Prince of Orphans
Iron Fist
Mandarin
Temugin
Taskmaster
Fat Cobra
Dog Brother
The Bride of Nine Spiders
Tiger's Beautiful Daughter
Zhou (The guy sent to kill IF)

By your logic these people are all on the same level...

Just because you use chi doesn't put you on the same level as IF, and thinking so is silly.

Perhaps not Chi-amping alone but being able to kick at the 100 ton level would surely indicate an ubber degree of skill. You can't kick that hard unless you are some kind of insane martial arts master. Half of those people on your list are either Top tier, Ubber tier, or Cosmic tier..actually more than half so really the odds of these guys being at least equal to Iron Fist is in very much favourable. Also, they owned Logan - he never even got a blow in. Anyone below top tier would have at least taken SOME punishment. He couldn't even hit these guys with his claws drawn. This, again, being the same guy who beat Chi with ease. The same guy who ninja's fear more than Shang Chi. hmmm...I think these guys are rather good - they are more skilled than Logan who has shown he is at least as good as Shang Chi....that's at the very least.

Mindset
Perhaps not Chi-amping alone but being able to kick at the 100 ton level would surely indicate an ubber degree of skill. You can't kick that hard unless you are some kind of insane martial arts master. Half of those people on your list are either Top tier, Ubber tier, or Cosmic tier..actually more than half so really the odds of these guys being at least equal to Iron Fist is in very much favourable. Also, they owned Logan - he never even got a blow in. Anyone below top tier would have at least taken SOME punishment. He couldn't even hit these guys with his claws drawn. This, again, being the same guy who beat Chi with ease. The same guy who ninja's fear more than Shang Chi. hmmm...I think these guys are rather good - they are more skilled than Logan who has shown he is at least as good as Shang Chi....that's at the very least. He says the guy hits like Thing, whether he can actually hit with 100 ton level has yet to be seen.

I don't know what you mean by your made up tier list, lol.

Except they haven't shown to be equal to IF in skill, that's just your speculation because they were owning Wolverine 4v1. They wouldn't have to be on IF level to do that, they were keeping Logan off balance the whole time.

Ninjas fearing Logan more than Chi doesn't really say much, he kills them all the time, Chi doesn't. Logan beat current Chi?

The Real Wolvie
He says the guy hits like Thing, whether he can actually hit with 100 ton level has yet to be seen.

I don't know what you mean by your made up tier list, lol.

Except they haven't shown to be equal to IF in skill, that's just your speculation because they were owning Wolverine 4v1. They wouldn't have to be on IF level to do that, they were keeping Logan off balance the whole time.

Ninjas fearing Logan more than Chi doesn't really say much, he kills them all the time, Chi doesn't. Logan beat current Chi?

First, he says that the fat guy kicks like the Thing IF the Thing was a ninth degree black belt. This significantly increases the power of the kick to beyond the Things level. Second, I didn't make the list up, please read the MA rankings list on this forum. Third, Logan doesn't have to beat current Chi, because Logan has already beaten current Cap who is among Marvel's elite. And like I said before, over half the people you mentioned are among the elite of Marvel, which gives me a damn good reason to logically conclude that they are at least equal to Fist if not better. Considering that they can Chi-amp to beyond Things level and all. If Logan goes on to beat guys who would most likely be considered among the elite of Marvel martial artists, that is he goes on to say beat four of them at once without using his claws, then that really puts him ahead of the likes of Fist and Chi considering he was on par with them to begin with. Look all I'm saying is this is what it looks like - not that it's a for sure thing. I'm not the one writing it. But certainly, it leaves room for that interpretation - and in fact I would argue it's the most clear understanding of what's going on.

Mindset
First, he says that the fat guy kicks like the Thing IF the Thing was a ninth degree black belt. This significantly increases the power of the kick to beyond the Things level. Second, I didn't make the list up, please read the MA rankings list on this forum. Third, Logan doesn't have to beat current Chi, because Logan has already beaten current Cap who is among Marvel's elite. And like I said before, over half the people you mentioned are among the elite of Marvel, which gives me a damn good reason to logically conclude that they are at least equal to Fist if not better. Considering that they can Chi-amp to beyond Things level and all. If Logan goes on to beat guys who would most likely be considered among the elite of Marvel martial artists, that is he goes on to say beat four of them at once without using his claws, then that really puts him ahead of the likes of Fist and Chi considering he was on par with them to begin with. Look all I'm saying is this is what it looks like - not that it's a for sure thing. I'm not the one writing it. But certainly, it leaves room for that interpretation - and in fact I would argue it's the most clear understanding of what's going on. You keep going on about them being equal to IF when the only thing you have to back it up is one appearance where they beat Logan 4v1...you don't have anything really.

You think because they use chi they are equal to IF, yet I give you a list of people who use chi and all have varying degrees of power.

Now you're saying that if Logan beats them he will be above IF and Shang Chi...

How do you not see the many holes in your argument?

The Real Wolvie
You keep going on about them being equal to IF when the only thing you have to back it up is one appearance where they beat Logan 4v1...you don't have anything really.

You think because they use chi they are equal to IF, yet I give you a list of people who use chi and all have varying degrees of power.

Now you're saying that if Logan beats them he will be above IF and Shang Chi...

How do you not see the many holes in your argument?

1) The list you gave me comprised of at least 70% of people who are either better than Iron Fist or equal to him.

2)I never said he will be for sure I'm saying that Jason Aaron is doing a damn good job of making it look like that for the reasons I already listed. Seriously, if you can chi amp to give yourself the strength beyond the level of the Thing, you can't be anything below top tier. That is among the best fighters of Marvel.

3)If Logan beats four top-tier martial artists at once without using his claws, it practically puts him in a league of his own. Not something I necessarily agree with just using straight logic here.

The Real Wolvie
It doesn't make any sense that these guys would have such insane chi-amping skill yet be fundamentally lacking in other MA ability. Yeah, like you train to Chi Amp at an ubber level but not anything else. Sheer logic dictates that if you're gonna chi amp, you're gonna be an ubbet skilled martial artist. Like as in...among the best in the Marvel U...alternatively you have a bunch of guys who spent all of their free time learning to chi-amp. That sounds just a little bit ridiculous don't you think?

Mindset
1) The list you gave me comprised of at least 70% of people who are either better than Iron Fist or equal to him.

2)I never said he will be for sure I'm saying that Jason Aaron is doing a damn good job of making it look like that for the reasons I already listed. Seriously, if you can chi amp to give yourself the strength beyond the level of the Thing, you can't be anything below top tier. That is among the best fighters of Marvel.

3)If Logan beats four top-tier martial artists at once without using his claws, it practically puts him in a league of his own. Not something I necessarily agree with just using straight logic here.
And you know how we know these people are on IF level or above, because they actually have the feats to back it up, something these 4 nameless fighters don't have...

He didn't chi amp to give himself strength beyond Thing.

You're right, if Logan beat four chi amped top tiers he would be in a league of his own, now when these guys prove they're top tiers you'll have a point.

It doesn't make any sense that these guys would have such insane chi-amping skill yet be fundamentally lacking in other MA ability. Yeah, like you train to Chi Amp at an ubber level but not anything else. Sheer logic dictates that if you're gonna chi amp, you're gonna be an ubbet skilled martial artist. Like as in...among the best in the Marvel U...alternatively you have a bunch of guys who spent all of their free time learning to chi-amp. That sounds just a little bit ridiculous don't you think? Honestly, what are you talking about?

You make assumptions on top of assumptions. Just because they are skilled doesn't make them as skilled as other established MA in Marvel, why can't you see this? What's ridiculous is you lack of proof yet your insistence on continuing on with your argument.

Anyway I'm done, believe what you want.

Phantom Zone
*sigh*

Not all the time. Wolverine has got punked by ninjas twice and Ronin got badly messed up by the hand.

Kris Blaze
Man, Wolverine killed like 50 hand ninjas in his early days, when he was drunk!

The Real Wolvie
And you know how we know these people are on IF level or above, because they actually have the feats to back it up, something these 4 nameless fighters don't have...

He didn't chi amp to give himself strength beyond Thing.

You're right, if Logan beat four chi amped top tiers he would be in a league of his own, now when these guys prove they're top tiers you'll have a point.

Honestly, what are you talking about?

You make assumptions on top of assumptions. Just because they are skilled doesn't make them as skilled as other established MA in Marvel, why can't you see this? What's ridiculous is you lack of proof yet your insistence on continuing on with your argument.

Anyway I'm done, believe what you want.

First of all, I said from the beginning that I was assuming. Secondly, assumptions are not always wrong, and considering what I have to work with, I highly suspect that this is one of those cases. The fact that practically everyone you listed, if not everyone, is close to, as good as, or above Iron Fist just proves my point. If every character who can chi-amp has proven they are top-tier, then it is reasonable to assume that because these guys can chi-amp that they are also top-tier. It is simple logic. You train hard enough to chi-amp, you pretty much have proven you are among the elite. Considering again, that every single other character who can chi-amp has proven this. Why you can't see this is beyond me. Unless you want to consider them second-tier somehow among the ranks of Punisher and Sabretooth. Now honestly, that's a joke. Guys that can chi-amp automatically should be placed higher than any second-tier martial artist which, by default would place them in the top-tier category or higher.

Anyway, I never even said this was conclusive, I just said it's what it looks like. Logan was already on the level of Fist and Chi and he has numerous feats to back it up. Now if he beats four chi-amped fighters at once, it will still put him in a league of his own seeing as how, he was already on the level of Shang Chi - and two - he would have become at least four times greater than he was before. Hence we can conclude logically that he will be significantly better than both Chi and Fist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.