Do you think they should have robin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Nevermind what you've read, seen, heard, or whatever Nolan and Bale have stated.

I don't care, im asking what YOU THINK!

Would like to see Robin standing next Christian Bale in a future batman film?

BruceSkywalker
NO

Ridley_Prime
Just to not be biased, I wouldn't mind having him again if they made him a much more competent sidekick than Chris O' Donnel's Robin was.

steverules_2
I think I made a thread about this or similar...confused

darthmaul1
Hell no, every time they bring Robin in the show sucks, even in the Batman cartoon once they brought him in it sucked it takes all maturity out of the show. why do you think he was never in the justice league
Robin is a duche

Master Crimzon
Well, actually, Robin worked fine on the DC Animated Universe. He wasn't campy, he was nicely acted, and he added some interesting drama into the story. Including some comic relief, of course. Check out "Old Wounds" if you want proof of this.

That being said, though, that series wasn't exactly realistic. It actually had that noir-ish, postmodern feel of the Tim Burton movies (even if it is, IMO, far superior). The Nolan Franchise is gritty and realistic. I personally feel that adding a Robin is completely unnecessary at the moment. The idea of a teenager fighting crime is, let's face it, ludicrous, and Batman's still at the beginning of his career. No need for a sidekick at the moment.

So, no, I don't think he should be in Batman 3.

Bat Dude
Sometime down the line, I think a mature take on the Richard Grayson story would be amazing in adding to Bruce's character development... His story goes full circle, and we finally see Grayson done right on the big screen... But not in Batman 3, no way...

With or without Mr. "I'm mad because I didn't get the role of Robin in 1995, so now I hate the character" Christian Bale, a good Batman movie with Robin in it will be released someday...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Well, actually, Robin worked fine on the DC Animated Universe. He wasn't campy, he was nicely acted, and he added some interesting drama into the story. Including some comic relief, of course. Check out "Old Wounds" if you want proof of this.

That being said, though, that series wasn't exactly realistic. It actually had that noir-ish, postmodern feel of the Tim Burton movies (even if it is, IMO, far superior). The Nolan Franchise is gritty and realistic. I personally feel that adding a Robin is completely unnecessary at the moment. The idea of a teenager fighting crime is, let's face it, ludicrous, and Batman's still at the beginning of his career. No need for a sidekick at the moment.

So, no, I don't think he should be in Batman 3.

agreed

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Just to not be biased, I wouldn't mind having him again if they made him a much more competent sidekick than Chris O' Donnel's Robin was.

I would love to see Robin in a sequal.Its an absolute must.Robin proved he can work in a Batman universe in the animated series in the 90's.Just dont get someone who looks the same age as Batman does-o'donnel,get someone who at least looks high school age.scott weinger from full house would have been the PERFECT Robin in Batman Forever back then.He would be too old now for the part but he would have been perfect back then.They should get someone young like him.Not a grown man like O'donnel who was far too old to be adopted.But we havent even seen the batcave yet with the elevaters and everything.they're still developing that so I think he needs to be in a sequal eventually,just not the next one.Wait till the fourth one.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bat Dude

With or without Mr. "I'm mad because I didn't get the role of Robin in 1995, so now I hate the character" Christian Bale, a good Batman movie with Robin in it will be released someday...

That was a load of bullshit anyway it was dispelled by Bale besides he would''nt have been a great robin at that time maybe during his Empire of the Sun days.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
NO

Kero_Co
Robin would be cool as the leader of a group of young boys inspired by Batman to play vigilante and stop noticeable crime on the streets.When one or more of his friends get hurt or killed,he gets upset, dons a self-made costume, and goes solo. Not realizing how stupid that is, he messes up and the(henchman, goons,etc) go looking for him. They break into the house, his mom and pops try to protect them, they both get killed, Batman pops up in the nick of time and saves the boy, who overheard something that somehow helps Batman save the day at some later point. Everything comes full circle and at the end Bruce(not Batman) finds him a takes him in, roll credits.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Kero_Co
Robin would be cool as the leader of a group of young boys inspired by Batman to play vigilante and stop noticeable crime on the streets.When one or more of his friends get hurt or killed,he gets upset, dons a self-made costume, and goes solo. Not realizing how stupid that is, he messes up and the(henchman, goons,etc) go looking for him. They break into the house, his mom and pops try to protect them, they both get killed, Batman pops up in the nick of time and saves the boy, who overheard something that somehow helps Batman save the day at some later point. Everything comes full circle and at the end Bruce(not Batman) finds him a takes him in, roll credits.

That would be a really great way to do the story... Great job!

Ridley_Prime
Yeah.. over Nolan's dead body. ermm

BruceSkywalker

nah

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
NO

PANDAxMoNiUm
yes

freek
Robin shouldn't make an appearance. Dick Grayson could though. Maybe just a news report or article in the newspaper that Bruce happens to catch regarding the circus coming into town or the tragic circus accident. Something like the joker card at the end of Begins, just a small reference, even if it's just for the fans.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by freek
Robin shouldn't make an appearance. Dick Grayson could though. Maybe just a news report or article in the newspaper that Bruce happens to catch regarding the circus coming into town or the tragic circus accident. Something like the joker card at the end of Begins, just a small reference, even if it's just for the fans.
Kinda like how Hank McCoy made a brief appearance on the TV in X-Men 2 United? Yeah, that could work.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by freek

I would like to see a reference to the character, but nothing more then that.

Anti-Monitor
HELL NO!!! Robin sucks balls.

Ridley_Prime
I thought Robin was cool in Batman TAS, Batman Forever, and Teen Titans. ermm

MisterAJ
Originally posted by Anti-Monitor

QFT!!! thumb down

batmanfan136
yeah i think if down right and not like the other ones it should be fine

carnage52
nah robin wouldnt fit in.

carnage52

starlock
All they have to do is end the third film with a young (9 years old or so) Dick Grayson...just set it up properly...it does not even have to have robin in an outfit or even doing anything....just set it up right...it can be done.

carnage52
Originally posted by starlock
All they have to do is end the third film with a young (9 years old or so) Dick Grayson...just set it up properly...it does not even have to have robin in an outfit or even doing anything....just set it up right...it can be done. nine is too young it can be pulled off in the comics but onscreen it would seem a bit weird but he shouldnt be like 25 or something like chris o;donnel.about 13 or 14 just entering puberty would be good for the emotional side of things.

I-Drop
HELL NO!!! Robin sucks balls. Ditto. & kid sidekicks make Batman look irresponsible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.