Barack Obama's choice for Director of Central Intelligence Agency..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Panetta

Can anyone figure out what experience and qualifications this guy has? Why did Obama pick this guy to be the man to run the agency that protects us against foreign espionage and terrorism? From what I could find he was an army captain and ran the Budget office for congress..

Compared to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hayden the current director who is a 4 star general, former director of the national security agency, Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence and commander of the air intelligence agency.

Symmetric Chaos
Graduated from college with honors (smart).
Left the military with honors (red blooded American hero).
Has a degree in Political Science (knows about politics which the CIA has to deal with).
Has a doctorate in Law (very smart, also understands the legal system).
Was part of the Commission on Foreign Language and International Studies (has a good understanding of other nations).
Multiple awards for meritorious public service (has the people's interest at heart).

Obviously the man is an incompetent monster no expression

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Graduated from college with honors (smart).
Left the military with honors (red blooded American hero).
Has a degree in Political Science (knows about politics which the CIA has to deal with).
Has a doctorate in Law (very smart, also understands the legal system).
Was part of the Commission on Foreign Language and International Studies (has a good understanding of other nations).
Multiple awards for meritorious public service (has the people's interest at heart).

Obviously the man is an incompetent monster no expression

Panetta (foreign? Italian?)
Is a professor at Jesuit-run Santa Clara University teaching public policy. (takes orders from the Pope!!!)

dadudemon
Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
Panetta (foreign? Italian?)
Is a professor at Jesuit-run Santa Clara University teaching public policy. (takes orders from the Pope!!!) ...is he even Catholic?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Strangelove
...is he even Catholic?

He went to Catholic school so his family probably is.

Strangelove
I see.

I mean, I was wary about a military man running our main intelligence-gathering agency, so I don't see the change as necessarily a bad thing.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Strangelove
I see.

I mean, I was wary about a military man running our main intelligence-gathering agency, so I don't see the change as necessarily a bad thing. George Bush ran the CIA in the 70s and he's an army man.

Bush 41

inimalist
was richard clarke unavailable?

also, this guy seems like a weathered washington veteran, I'm not seeing the change... Am I being too cynical again?

EDIT: I forgot to italicise "change"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.