Light sabers and Sith blue lightning

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K-Dog
After watching pieces of episode 1-3 on the Spike channel the last few nights, I was wondering how Obi Wan blocked all of Dooku's blue lightning with his saber. To me it means that somehow the saber either somewhat attracts blue lightning, or if some of the blue lightning hits a saber then adjacent blue lightning will kinda be drawn along with it, or something. Because how could a thin saber block not only a verticle plane of lightning but also a horizontal plane too? (unless it just travels along a thin line that can be lined up and blocked with a saber). Perhaps there is something about the crystals or saber energy that goes along with the force or something?

sweersa
I always thought the blades absorbed the energy and the Force helped it go smoothly.

Lord Knightfa11
i think they did that because it looked more badass then using their hands. honestly.

queeq
Damn right.

Jack Daniels
Queeq gonna kick my azz for this but consult the EU dept cause there is nothing in the movies or the novels(havent read AOTC) that can help here...

sweersa
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
i think they did that because it looked more badass then using their hands. honestly.

I would rather use my lightsaber instead of my hands.

Slash_KMC
Using your hands to block lightning is waaay more badass than using your lightsaber to block it.

queeq
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
Queeq gonna kick my azz for this but consult the EU dept cause there is nothing in the movies or the novels(havent read AOTC) that can help here...

*Kicks JD's ass.*

Jack Daniels
damn I knew it!! ouch?

sweersa
Some guys have to use their hands if they can't properly work their lightsaber or if it is of inadequate size.

Jack Daniels
use their hands? u mean muther thumb and her four sons? dude they have surgery nowadays to enlarge ya..lol..me personally the right chic makes me like the empire state building! haha yeah IM drunk leave me alone...anyways my lightsaber is 17 inches long...(will I get questions on that one?..hehe)

sweersa
use their hands? u mean muther thumb and her four sons? dude they have surgery nowadays to enlarge ya..lol..me personally the right chic makes me like the empire state building! haha yeah IM drunk leave me alone...anyways my lightsaber is 17 inches long...(will I get questions on that one?..hehe)

Wow, you must have blood loss problems when you ummm..use the Force.

Ordo
I just took it as Kenobi using the force to direct the energy into the blade where it could dissipate instead of frying him.

It was very cool. I remember seeing it for the first time in theaters...I thought Kenobi was so screwed lol.

Jack Daniels
yeah kenobi was screwed...anytime he tangled with dooku...pretty sure I said this in another thread but dooku must have just had obi's number possibly cause he trained obi's master...he always knew what to expect from from obi wan?...anakin on the other hand being as talented as he was and having a bit of darkness to him gave him a rough bout...anyways like I said that was another thread..IM off topic but whats new ...Im off..lol..

queeq
Off.... as in off topic?

Jack Daniels
at least half the time..lol..

queeq
Good show.

THE JLRTENJAC

When in doubt, turn to the EU. Don't care what Queeq says about it. And my friend agrees. *Gestures to rancor standing in corner staring hungrily at Queeq*

queeq
*throws skull into door controls and kills rancor*

Lemme rephrase that: When in doubt, turn to the EU thread.

Jack Daniels
swears told me I shouldnt go there its a bad place?

sweersa

Yes, Sweers also tells you to spell his name right, please.

I mean you don't spell Queeq "Queaq" Two e's here buddy. No a.

Jack Daniels
oh oops

chilled monkey

The EU is the best thing about Star Wars.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by chilled monkey
The EU is the best thing about Star Wars.

really? *incredulous*

you're kidding.. right?

queeq
Originally posted by sweersa
Yes, Sweers also tells you to spell his name right, please.

I mean you don't spell Queeq "Queaq" Two e's here buddy. No a.

Indeed. Queaq is my Scottish twin.

sweersa
oh oops

It is okay Jakc Daneils.

Originally posted by queeq
Indeed. Queaq is my Scottish twin.

Is he single? Hahaha.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
really? *incredulous*

you're kidding.. right?

Nope. I find the EU much more enjoyable.

For example, my favourite character is Galen Marek. I like him a lot more than anyone from the movies.

Of course that's just my opinion.

queeq
Originally posted by sweersa
Is he single? Hahaha.

You're looking for a date? He's quite stingy ya know.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Nope. I find the EU much more enjoyable.

For example, my favourite character is Galen Marek. I like him a lot more than anyone from the movies.

Of course that's just my opinion.

oh. alright.

just making sure. *scratch head*

some EU stuff are okay and enjoyable, I guess ^^ i just prefer sticking to the movies...

sweersa
You're looking for a date? He's quite stingy ya know.

No, but I have this friend...

...and she is middle aged and looking for a Dutch date.

queeq
Is she cute?

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
oh. alright.

just making sure. *scratch head*

some EU stuff are okay and enjoyable, I guess ^^ i just prefer sticking to the movies...

Fair enough. No worries.

sweersa
Is she cute?

Of course.

I have a picture of her next to the kid who played Anakin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.