Wolverine villains vs. Spider-Man villains

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
The fights take place place in NYC.

1. Sabretooth* vs. Doctor Octopus**

*adamantiumized, post-Weapon X enhancements

**adamantium harness

2. Lady Deathstrike vs. Green Goblin (glider allowed)

3. Classic Cyber vs. Molten Man

4. Omega Red vs. Carrion

5. Silver Samurai (pre-mutilation) vs. Scorpion (w/o Venom suit)

6. Ogun* vs. The Lizard (intelligent version)

*this incarnation

After the duels victorious villains team up and fight the another rogue gallery, team vs. team.

Placidity
1. Sabretooth vs. Doctor Octopus - Ock 9/10

2. Lady Deathstrike vs. Green Goblin - GG 9/10 (He stays in the air...)

3. Classic Cyber vs. Molten Man - ?

4. Omega Red vs. Carrion - Carrion 9/10

5. Silver Samurai vs. Scorpion - SSamurai 8/10

6. Ogun vs. The Lizard - ? Probably Ogun 10/10.

Huh?

StiltmanFTW
Argh, guess I expressed myself wrong.

OK here's the example:

You think that Ock, GG, Carrion from Spidey team would emerge victorious from their fights. So put them against SSamurai and Ogun and maybe Cyber (unless you think MM would take him, then add MM to Spidey's team).

They fight with the injuries they sustained, no break-time between a duel and the team fight.

Placidity
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Argh, guess I expressed myself wrong.

OK here's the example:

You think that Ock, GG, Carrion from Spidey team would emerge victorious from their fights. So put them against SSamurai and Ogun and maybe Cyber (unless you think MM would take him, then add MM to Spidey's team).

They fight with the injuries they sustained, no break-time between a duel and the team fight.

I see clearly now

complexbrother
Wolverene's foes would kill Spidey's foes

StiltmanFTW
Bump! devil

Mindset
Why no Venom and Carnage?

At least Venom (Brock), the second biggest Spidey Villain.

Placidity
Cause theres not much Wolverine metahumans enemies that can match them.

Putar
The fights take place place in NYC.

1. Sabretooth* vs. Doctor Octopus**
*adamantiumized, post-Weapon X enhancements

**adamantium harness
2. Lady Deathstrike vs. Green Goblin (glider allowed)
3. Classic Cyber vs. Molten Man
4. Omega Red vs. Carrion
5. Silver Samurai (pre-mutilation) vs. Scorpion (w/o Venom suit)
6. Ogun* vs. The Lizard (intelligent version)
*this incarnation

After the duels victorious villains team up and fight the another rogue gallery, team vs. team.
Doc Octopus 7/10
Green Goblin 9/10 (off chance he swoops low stupidly that one time or she catches a huge break of some sort)
Classic Cyber 10/10 as Molten Man is currently depowered
Carrion 7/10 intangibility and teleportation
Silver Samurai 6/10 Just my feeling
Ogun 7/10

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mindset
Why no Venom and Carnage?

At least Venom (Brock), the second biggest Spidey Villain.

Reason no. 1 is that I'm fed up with symbiotes. Marvel destroyed Venom character and allowed that yellow superfreak Sentry rip Carnage in half.

Besides, symbiotes are usually beaten via plot devices. I didn't want it here. Posts like "Creed has basic knowledge about Carnage so he makes it to the military shop, picks a flamethrower and uses it on Carnage" would be annoying.

Originally posted by Placidity
Cause theres not much Wolverine metahumans enemies that can match them.

It depends on some factors. If Symbiots are bloodlusted and CIS-free, sure there aren't many decent foes for them. Also Wolverine's rogue gallery lineup could be considered to be a little wider. Actually Namor could be counted as Wolverine's recurring enemy, it's debatable though.

Thing is, either you choose an opponent which isn't strong enough to match the symbiote (let's say Creed vs. Carnage) or you choose an opponent too powerful for him/it (Namor vs. Venom anyone?).

It's quite hard to find an equal opponent for them, assuming he/she didn't have at least minor prep time. I want no prep/super effective plot devices in this thread.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Putar
Doc Octopus 7/10
Green Goblin 9/10 (off chance he swoops low stupidly that one time or she catches a huge break of some sort)
Classic Cyber 10/10 as Molten Man is currently depowered
Carrion 7/10 intangibility and teleportation
Silver Samurai 6/10 Just my feeling
Ogun 7/10

MM depowered? Didn't know about that. Use version with powers then.

Lady Deathstrike cut Sunfire's legs off. She can jump pretty high and quick. If GG decided to fly high and drop a dozen or so pumpkin bombs on her, wouldn't she just dodge enough of them and heal possible injuries? I'm not sure if Goblin has sufficient amount of explosives and other weapons to put her down. Arguably, LD is one of Logan's most agile opponents.

Silver Samurai would probably got owned by Scorpion, imo. Scorpion is underrated. He has superhuman speed and reflexes and his tail is a really formidable weapon. It could shoot plasma energy, poison, acid, electricity (projectile weapons varied)...

Bouboumaster

Mindset
Cause theres not much Wolverine metahumans enemies that can match them. Omega Red and Sabretooth

The Real Wolvie
Omega Red and Sabretooth

Omega Red could possibly take them both at once....Sabretooth could match Venom for awhile but he would be out-matched by Carnage...

geshien
Originally posted by The Real Wolvie
Omega Red could possibly take them both at once....Sabretooth could match Venom for awhile but he would be out-matched by Carnage...

Depends on the Venom. Gargan is a punk. The Venom symbiote itself has had upgrades and Brock has been show to handily own Cassidy more often than not. So, to say that Victor can hang with Venom but, fail against Carnage is inconsistent based of the showings of both Venom and Carnage have had doing battle against each other. Again, it depends on the Venom.

Putar
MM depowered? Didn't know about that. Use version with powers then.

Silver Samurai would probably got owned by Scorpion, imo. Scorpion is underrated. He has superhuman speed and reflexes and his tail is a really formidable weapon. It could shoot plasma energy, poison, acid, electricity (projectile weapons varied)...
Yea MM got depowered in the most recent Amazing Spiderman

Gargan does get underestimated, at one point he took out luke Cage spiderman and ironfist, but due to them being heros they eventually got the win. Still for like the entire comic he owned all three.

Mighty Saxon
lets see put wendigo in there n u could put pretty much all of spideys foes n lose lol

The Real Wolvie
Originally posted by Mighty Saxon
lets see put wendigo in there n u could put pretty much all of spideys foes n lose lol

I think Doc Ock has his adamantium tenticles and if that's the case - he can beat the shit out of Wendi...

Seriously, Wolverine has soloed Wendi before..he's not that big of a deal.

StiltmanFTW
^ It depends on the host.

Placidity
Omega Red and Sabretooth

I agree Omega Red could probably hang with Venom, But Sabretooth will get slaughtered by either Venom or Carnage.

carver9
I agree Omega Red could probably hang with Venom, But Sabretooth will get slaughtered by either Venom or Carnage.

Sabertooth aint getting slaughtered by venom at all, hell I would honestly give sabertooth the edge over venom; venom doesnt do so good against blunt attacks or sharp objects, just look at his fight with wolverine and his fight against namor, he got 3 shotted.

StiltmanFTW
There are no symbiotes in this thread. Please stay on topic angel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.