Ion vs. Maelstrom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Enyalus
Both at their peak.

Who takes it?

vlaaad12345
Whats maelstroms best feats?

Nihilist
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Whats maelstroms best feats? erm,took a blast from the ig and it didnt faze him

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Nihilist
erm,took a blast from the ig and it didnt faze him

What?!! Really was it the complete IG? and who was using it?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Lord Feron
What?!! Really was it the complete IG? and who was using it?

He went to see Galactus to gloat. Then takes off to see Arishem to gloat. Then goes to see Thanos w/ IG to gloat....Thanos gets pissed off and blasts him, leaving a huge ass crater.

Maelstrom appears later totally unharmed.

vlaaad12345
And was thanos actually throwing multiversal power at maelstrom?cause ion is def high up there on the power tier,does maelstrom actually have the offensive power to hurt ion or the power to deal with ions time powers?

Nihilist
And was thanos actually throwing multiversal power at maelstrom?cause ion is def high up there on the power tier,does maelstrom actually have the offensive power to hurt ion or the power to deal with ions time powers? aside from his own personal power,

absorbed the Status and Power of the Anomaly,

had Quasar's Quantum Bands,

was empowered by Oblivion, after becoming his Agent.

had Eon's absolute Cosmic Consciousness (Knowledge is Power)

vlaaad12345
Who defeated him then if even the IG didn't work.

Enyalus
And was thanos actually throwing multiversal power at maelstrom?cause ion is def high up there on the power tier,does maelstrom actually have the offensive power to hurt ion or the power to deal with ions time powers?

Thanos was pissed. I assume he was shooting to kill.

Maelstrom at his peak can drain the kinetic energy (potential, too, maybe?) from anything. He's got the Earth's kinetic energy, Anomaly's power (abstractual entity), and Eon's cosmic awareness (along with the Uni-Mind's knowledge and I think power from the Quantum Bands.)

But yeah, I know Ion is up there in power. That's why I think this match is good.

Enyalus
Who defeated him then if even the IG didn't work.

...Embarrassing, but....a black hole.

A really really really large black hole which was eating the universe, but still.

vlaaad12345
Thats kinda dumb...the IG should be beyond a multiversal eating blackhole..why would that blackhole beat him.

Enyalus
Thats kinda dumb...the IG should be beyond a multiversal eating blackhole..why would that blackhole beat him.

I have no idea. (Plot device?) I mean, they kill Maelstrom & Asteroth, two (basically) abstract entities and BRB and Stardust worry about being destroyed, yet Silver Surfer and whatshisfaceherald can fight in them with no problem.

Inconsistancy.

xJLxKing
Ion at his peak is crazy

vlaaad12345
Idk what to say that whole story sounds like its writer was on crack...on one hand the complete IG is a step above Ion in power but maelstrom was downed by a universal scale black hole which Ion has basically overcome(entropy has eatin whole universes)so...who knows.

Lord Feron
I thought Maelstrom was just the evil version of Adam Warlock. I mean he was strong but not that strong eh?

Anyway i'm not sure who takes it i'm guessing still Ion but not saying ion >IG because theres got to be more than just that. I always thought only ppl on LT level can resist the IG.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I thought Maelstrom was just the evil version of Adam Warlock. I mean he was strong but not that strong eh?

You're thinking of Magus. Just like the Goddess is Adam Warlock's good version.

Mr Master
The specifics to that incident with Thanos/IG & Maelstrom is undefined to this day imo.

I don't think anyone can definitively describe what Maelstrom did.

Imo, Maelstrom was obliterated, and was able to pop back up,
due to him being Oblivion's agent,
as Oblivion's agent, erasing him is pointless, he'll simply be sent back.
It's just imo, as I said, there's no true reasoning behind it.

Now, my viewpoint comes from the fact that Maelstrom himself admitted,
he was below the IG,
and Thanos was supposed to be "God" in the story,
they never truly battled, only in an alternate universe, and that doesn't count.

TricksterPriest
That's it? He took a shot from the IG and came back? How does that make him a match for Classic Ion? blink

Galan007
Ion.

Knowsbleed33
Ion would have to be a bigger anomoly than Maelstrom as he was in Cosmic Collision.

If it's not, Ion loses.

xJLxKing
What can Maelstrom do to harm Ion? Nothing!

Knowsbleed33
He can do whatever he wanted. This cat was going to supplant the embodiment of Oblivion to become the supreme being after the universe was erased.

xJLxKing
But he was stopped by a Black Hole which Ion can easily...make

Knowsbleed33
He was not stopped by a black hole. He was stopped by Quasar who was a greater anomoly than Maelstrom was.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
He was not stopped by a black hole. He was stopped by Quasar who was a greater anomoly than Maelstrom was. Someone said he was stopped by the a black hole!

Knowsbleed33
He was sucked into Oblivions realm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.