Monkey Shines (1988)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blinky
Anybody else a fan of this forgotten Romero gem?

Here is a description from IMDB :

When Allan becomes a quadriplegic he loses all hope for living until he meets Ella - a monkey trained to fetch and carry for him around the house, obeying him in all things. But Ella is part of another experiment, and when she starts responding to Allan's underlying rage and frustration she has the ability to carry our her master's darkest wishes.
Written by David Carroll {[email protected]}

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f7/monkey_shines.jpg/402px-Monkey_shines.jpg

Not a traditional "Horror" but very original and very psychological.

Thoughts?

jinXed by JaNx
I was in a psychiatric hospital that appears in this movie. It's definitely a decent movie. Well filmed and well acted. I think the story works better as a book but considering the subject content i think romero did a great job. For me though, its one of those movie's that i can only watch once or twice in my life.

BruceSkywalker
I periodically watch this when it comes on..

still pretty good for its time

Deadly_Friend
Just found an ex-rental dvd for $2! Loved this one as a kid, looking forward to revisiting it sometime in the near future. Oh Nostalgia..

Selphie
Good movie. I agree with jinXed by JaNx though, I couldn't watch this movie every day.

Evil Dead
I wouldn't say it's forgotten, it's probably Romero's most popular film besides the dead flicks. Martin, now there's an excellent movie that far too many people haven't seen.

I like me some Monkey Shines. Haven't watched it in a few years, might just pop the ol' dvd in tomorrow.

Kazenji
Got this movie on dvd the other day and watched it, It was okay

differentsort of movie if all you've watched is Romero's Zombie movies and other flicks.

Deadline
Oh and by the way Romero loves black people.

jennifermoss
I am a big fan of the movie Monkey Shines.I have watched this movie in 2000 with my family at home as my father told me this is a great movie of 1988.After watching this movie i was feeling delighted and lucky to watch it as it is too wonderful movie.

the ninjak
Crazy monkey rifle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.