Darth Tyranus vs Ulic Qel-Droma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

onewiththeforce
saber
force
all out

i just want youto give me some of your ideas

Elite Hunter
Ulic loses all three.

Faunus
Dooku's become one of the most overrated characters in the entire SW mythos. I really don't see him defeating Ulic in any area except possibly the Force contest which I would still heavily doubt. I mean really, what's so special about him? He's recognised in the RotS novelisation as only being proficient with one form (to a level where he'd be capable of teaching it): Makashi, and aside from owning low tier Force Users, catching them off guard as he does it for the most part, I fail to see what's so impressive about his Force abilities.

Publius II
Originally posted by Publius II
Shut up, Faunus.

Gideon
Count Dooku is not one of the most overrated characters; he is actually depicted in canon as being an individual of unimaginable power. Dooku has been cited by numerous sources as a former Jedi Master "of great repute" (Complete Visual Dictionary), "one of the greatest legends of the Jedi Order" as well as "one of its greatest losses" (the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia), and "one of the most respected and powerful Jedi Masters in the Order's twenty-five-thousand-year history" and "an even greater Lord of the Sith." (the Revenge of the Sith novelization).

The Complete Visual Dictionary cites at various times that "the Count has always wielded considerable power--by natural authority, by lightsaber, and now by wealth and persuasion," making it explicitly clear that he is a gifted duelist. Anakin Skywalker would note in their duel on Tattooine during the Clone Wars that "Dooku was a master swordsman, even amongst Jedi." It goes on to cite that Dooku's "considerable strength in the Force made him enigmatic to even Yoda" (keeping in mind that Yoda is regarded by the Essential Guide to the Force as being one of the Old Republic's most powerful practitioners of farsight and prescience). Yoda would also regard Dooku to be the Temple's greatest student. Lastly, the official databank regards him as one of the Force's most powerful practitioners.

He's high end. Period.

Cpt. Valerian
Pwnt.

Publius II
Bane is better. Planetary command of the Force and all.

Gideon
You expected anything else, O Captain, My Captain?

Publius II
Originally posted by Gideon
You expected anything else, O Captain, My Captain?You're second-class. The only member here worth less than you is the Israeli.

Cpt. Valerian
Racist ****er.

Gideon
I am a god.

Faunus
Yes, he is. And unimaginable power? Please. The only evidence that you provided was of his relative level of ability. That, by definition, literally can't be described as "unimaginable." There's always going to be someone who possesses that relative level of ability.

Now, and as I've told you in the past, being the "greatest" or "most powerful" of a Galaxy-wide 20,000 year old organisation is far too undefined to really mean anything. With the numbers we're talking about, there are literally hundreds that could be mentioned in such a fashion, and it's made quite clear that Ulic is at the very least one of that number.

Not to mention he even beats the Count in the only area he actually has any real showings in: overpowering Jedi with the Force, when he hurls two talented Jedi back by about 30 feet with a single gesture. He then goes on to obtain one of Sith amulets and skyrockets in power to the point where he's seen as "rippling in dark side energies." Based on available evidence, Dooku quite simply does not compare in this regard.

Publius II
You fly around in a little red cape and don't share your power with men?

Batman would hand you your ass on a silver platter.

Gideon
Sweet. Nebaris agrees with me that I'm a god.

And as for the rest? No.

Publius II
Real Nebaris (Imposter Faunus) or Imposter Nebaris (Real Faunus)?

Gideon
Both.

But it doesn't matter, does it? I'm better than the both of you. You still haven't drafted the argument we had on Project Holocron like you said you would. Everyone knows how deeply you fear going head-to-head with me.

Publius II
Both.

But it doesn't matter, does it? I'm better than the both of you. You still haven't drafted the argument we had on Project Holocron like you said you would.I said I'd do it on my own time, tool, and I will.

My recent asskickery of one of your sad arguments proves otherwise.

It is only the beginning.

Gideon
I don't appreciate the failed attempt to dodge the issue; you've had months of overabundant time to compose some sort of defense. You can't; I'm better than you, Faunus. I've always been. You've been converted to the vast majority of my stances; you know I'm right. I'm always right.

Make the argument or concede the point. Either way, you lose.

Red Nemesis
I don't appreciate the failed attempt to dodge the issue; you've had months of overabundant time to compose some sort of defense. You can't; I'm better than you, Faunus. I've always been. You've been converted to the vast majority of my stances; you know I'm right. I'm always right.

Make the argument or concede the point. Either way, you lose.

Overrated Fanfic Author 2, what is the topic you haven't argued over yet?

Gideon
WTF are you talking about? I don't write fanfiction. I don't have the patience or focus to write like that.

onewiththeforce
wat r u guys tlking about

Publius II
I don't appreciate the failed attempt to dodge the issue; you've had months of overabundant time to compose some sort of defense.Yes, because there isn't anything else I could've possibly been doing with time.

I'm the one who offered to continue the debate; I decide when I finish it.

You're such a missionary.

I can provide at least one instance in the past week where you admitted otherwise.

I have my argument for the issue of Sidious on Byss planned out. It is flawless.

Faunus
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Overrated Fanfic Author 2, what is the topic you haven't argued over yet?

WTF are you talking about? I don't write fanfiction. I don't have the patience or focus to write like that.

lol

Gideon
Faunus, it isn't my fault that your pro-Ancient Sith stance was utterly crushed and you fled this forum with the rest of your ilk in blind panic. Why you have such hostility against me for being better than you, I'll never understand. You need to get over it. I was right, you were wrong. Every opinion I've ever made, you've either agreed with, or opposed, and after being subsequently crushed, changed your mind.

No one takes you seriously. Try someone else.

Publius II
Faunus, it isn't my fault that your pro-Ancient Sith stance was utterly crushed and you fled this forum with the rest of your ilk in blind panic. Why you have such hostility against me for being better than you, I'll never understand. You need to get over it. I was right, you were wrong. Every opinion I've ever made, you've either agreed with, or opposed, and after being subsequently crushed, changed your mind.

No one takes you seriously. Try someone else. Wait, are you really going to try and take credit for destroying the pro-Ancient stance? I mean, you didn't - LS did - and I can find at least one fantastic example of you subscribing to it to an even greater degree than myself.

Gideon
Nonsense.

He would be the first to tell you that I lended a considerable hand in that. And he'd also be the first to tell you that it was my sources that KO'd the "lul ragnos is teh most powerful sith!!1!"

I won; you lost. Get over it, dude. You like to argue with LS; you fear me.

Edit: And I hope you realize the condescension is a joke (but we did beat you). big grin

Publius II
Nonsense.

He would be the first to tell you that I lended a considerable hand in that. And he'd also be the first to tell you that it was my sources that KO'd the "lul ragnos is teh most powerful sith!!1!"

I won; you lost. Get over it, dude. You like to argue with LS; you fear me. Wait for it. The sound of your ego shattering will be heard across the multiverse.

Edit: I did not realize the condescension was a joke. I am currently wiping my tears off of my keyboard and bawling at the top of my lungs.

Gideon
My ego is invincible.

Edit: Sounds like you. No McDonalds today?

Publius II
For old time's sake:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=380863&pagenumber=1

I was a remarkably articulate little dude.

Edit: I'm with the Subway guy, hater.

Gideon
WTF?

You said the same exact thing, lol. And then LS came along and showed me the way. We had to kick your ass all the way to EoD before you came to your senses.

Edit: You're still fat. The only Subway you're ever near is the one where people thinking you're a ****ing train.

Publius II
WTF?

You said the same exact thing, lol.
This was your logic, not mine.

Stop saying "we." It's sad.

laughing

Touche.

Lightsnake
Wow, Nebaris is now calling himself Faunus? Oh, next time he opens his trap? After Faunus and me in the Bane v. Yoda thread?

This is gonna be cathartic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.