Superman VS Neo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sado22
this is the Superman Returns Supes taking on Matrix REvolutions Neo. of course, Supes is in the matrix but while Neo can do what he does, Supes is stuck at his powerlevel cuz he's too much of a dumbass to figure out how the matrix works.

who wins?

Placidity
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=485752& amp;highlight=title%3A(Superman+Neo)+forumid%3A102

Awesome topic by the way.

Rogue Jedi
How does Superman get in the matrix?

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
How does Superman get in the matrix?

I'd assume he always was and is and doesn't know about it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
I'd assume he always was and is and doesn't know about it. Dude.......that's kooky talk. But OK, crazy as it is, I'll go with it.

jinXed by JaNx
There is absolutely nothing that Superman can do to Neo whilst inside of the Matrix. Neo wrecks his shit.

Sadako of Girth
Do they have a Kryptonite subroutine/program in the Matrix...?

And can Superman be apporoached and disconnected by someone else, if he doesn't know how it works..? (Anderson/Neo didn't know either at first.) Cause then Superman could fly to where Neo is in RL and punch Neo's throat clean through his ringpiece...?

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
There is absolutely nothing that Superman can do to Neo whilst inside of the Matrix. Neo wrecks his shit. Other than punch a hole clean through his chest.

Matrix Reloaded made one thing perfectly clear, though signifigantly more powerful in the Matrix, he is not invulnerable, he was cut by a sword wielded by someone who relative to Superman is less than a toddler, and Superman is also many times faster than Neo.

So we have someone who is fast enough to hit Neo before he can do shit, hits Neo with enough force to kill him in a blow, and has enough durability to take a punch to the nose from Neo with a smile.

Neo blocks bullets with TK for a reason. They can hurt him.

Sado22
Neo can enter Supes from his rectum and blow him up. Neo enema ftw!!

~Sado

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Other than punch a hole clean through his chest.

Matrix Reloaded made one thing perfectly clear, though signifigantly more powerful in the Matrix, he is not invulnerable, he was cut by a sword wielded by someone who relative to Superman is less than a toddler, and Superman is also many times faster than Neo.

So we have someone who is fast enough to hit Neo before he can do shit, hits Neo with enough force to kill him in a blow, and has enough durability to take a punch to the nose from Neo with a smile.

Neo blocks bullets with TK for a reason. They can hurt him.

Superman may be faster than a speeding bullet but Neo stops bullets dude.

As long as Superman is coded Neo should be able to see everything that Superman is going to do before he does it.

Final Blaxican
Superman actually moves faster than time... pretty much.

But in the end, Neo apparently has some magical abilities that he didn't do in the movies, so he should win.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah his speeds displayed at the end of 'Superman the movie' piss all over Neo.
From a great height and then Supes cruelly wipes his still dripping dick on Neo's face towel..

It looked fast while we watch from the outer orbit.
If he did that at ground level the ground it'd appear like he teleported from LA to new york in the far less than the blink of an eye..

Hows Neo gonna deal with that.

Only the new superman is wussy enough to be taken out by his terribly-horribly-unfeasibly-bad-read-line-from-a-card-like-performing-woodenly-acting opponent.

Rogue Jedi
But...but.....but......He's the ****ing Superman.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yeah his speeds displayed at the end of 'Superman the movie' piss all over Neo.
From a great height and then Supes cruelly wipes his still dripping dick on Neo's face towel..

It looked fast while we watch from the outer orbit.
If he did that at ground level the ground it'd appear like he teleported from LA to new york in the far less than the blink of an eye..

Hows Neo gonna deal with that.

Only the new superman is wussy enough to be taken out by his terribly-horribly-unfeasibly-bad-read-line-from-a-card-like-performing-woodenly-acting opponent.

Well apparently it doesn't matter what Superman does, Neo can just undo it/can't die or be knocked out in the matrix.

Sadako of Girth
But you'd never believe it with Neo.

Next to Brandon Routh Keanu Reeves lack of any acting ability would be exposed.

Even if he actually ripped Superman's head off and shat right down his neck hole right in front of me in my living room as I type....

I'd still not believe it coming from Keanu Reeves. stick out tongue

ThunderGodEneru
Superman may be faster than a speeding bullet but Neo stops bullets dude.

As long as Superman is coded Neo should be able to see everything that Superman is going to do before he does it. Faster than a speeding bullet? You're a bit out of date. This particular Superman is faster than a speeding rocket through space. He was so fast he appeared to be in multiple places around the world.

And that doesn't matter considering he won't actually be able to stop it.

Neo's power in the Matrix is grossly overrated.

His speed at best has shown to be mach 4(actually less, more like Mach 3.4), his physical feats are well under class 100 range, with the only real damage he has done being from clashing full speed with Smith, and as I said, his durability is nothing on Superman's.

The idea that Neo is invincible in the Matrix is stupid, and it is proven wrong in the movies.

Final Blaxican
Just you wait until AC gets back!

Bardock42
Just a little 30 days.

Robtard

The idea that Neo is invincible in the Matrix is stupid, and it is proven wrong in the movies.

What do you mean by "isn't invincible", do you mean 'he can be hurt', or, 'he can be killed'? The former is correct, the later isn't.

If you need proof, see the first movie, dude wills himself back from death, because he wanted to.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
Just a little 30 days.

WTF did AC do now to WD to get a 30 day ban?

Placidity
Neo isn't invincible at all. I don't know where people are getting this idea from. When he was fighting the Frenchman's henchman, one of them cut him...

Also, his powers are still very limited, he still needs to physically fight people to beat them, its not like he can will them out of existance or anything.

Robtard
Well, considering the sword swipe only gave him a nick, he has extreme durability, but as as said, he can definitely be hurt.

He can't be killed though, as it seems, unless he were to will it, I'd guess.

Sadako of Girth
But would even that work, if it were not a part of his/the cycle's journey, to die at that point?

I lwonder if superman could reprogram the Matrix so that Neo was no longer the program that completed the cycle, effectively making Neo mortal.. then he could show Neo how to brush his teeth with just his own spine and ringpiece.

He could also just get the Neo program and tape Battlestar galactica or the snooker over it.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Robtard
What do you mean by "isn't invincible", do you mean 'he can be hurt', or, 'he can be killed'? The former is correct, the later isn't.

If you need proof, see the first movie, dude wills himself back from death, because he wanted to. He was reborn as the one. That does not imply at all that he is immortal in any sense, if he dies in the Matrix, he dies in the real world, the body cannot live without the mind. Not to mention he never really died. He heard Trinity speaking to him.

Placidity
We should just assume Superman doesn't know he is in the Matrix and his powers are fixed as they are in SupermanReturns.

Sadako of Girth
I guess Neo could get 'The Architect' to bore Superman to death...

Placidity
I guess Neo could get 'The Architect' to bore Superman to death...

Superman would just punch his head off.

Final Blaxican
I'm curious how Neo can come back to life if his body parts are spread over a thousand mile radius.

Sadako of Girth
Piece by piece....

and day by day...........

.........but mostly by Federal express, I suspect. stick out tongue

Final Blaxican
Or Pizza Hut! eek!

Sadako of Girth
Yeah they may get some of the boxes confused.

Id like to see Neo fight Smith with hands made from Cheese and pineapple Pizza...!

EDIT: Nah they wouldn't allow that.

They couldnt have Pizza in that scene because of the very real risk that Pizza's cardboard box would out-act Keanu Reeves.

Utrigita
Superman for the win.

Sadako of Girth
Superman would just punch his head off.

I wish SOMEBODY would.

His appearance and subsequent systemic overload of elongated words with verbose seemingly unconnected ramblings seemingly specifically designed to transmogrify the minds of the enslaved audience with persistant monotonous and simultaneously monorhythmic delivery, delivering breakless dialogue all designed to achieve effect by only achiving the utter entranced comatose state of boredom whch while not incongrous to the character of the architect, belies a failure to entertain and good dialogue should never read like a legal contract or indeed like the formerly evident but until now unmentioned to the point that I mentioned it paragraph here.

Thats how the motherf**ker talks and after what seems like 7 hours (5 mins realtime) it kills the picture.
From that scene on my previous massive interest in the Matrix died as I first then suspected that the W brothers had lost it, with their heads clearly up both their own bottoms... And that was rife in the writing for the frenchman too.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
I'm curious how Neo can come back to life if his body parts are spread over a thousand mile radius. Dude, I have asked that question many times, and I have still not received a straight answer.

Sadako of Girth
If he is dismemebered but not dead, he cant come 'back 'to life.

ThunderGodEneru
I'm curious how Neo can come back to life if his body parts are spread over a thousand mile radius. Neo has never "come back to life" so that question is meaningless.

Rogue Jedi
Thought so.

Dr Will Hatch
If Superman can defeat Neo, than EU Luke Skywalker can certanly do it! What gives?

Bardock42
EU Luke Skywalker can, in your opinion, beat Superman?

Robtard
Neo has never "come back to life" so that question is meaningless.

I'd have to watch The Matrix again, but what was that bit where Smith shot him, he fell back (looking dead) and Smith left him thinking he had defeated Neo?

Rogue Jedi
EU Luke Skywalker can, in your opinion, beat Superman? Bob Lee Swagger FTW.

Dr Will Hatch
EU Luke Skywalker can, in your opinion, beat Superman? If it is ROuths Superman,yeah. If given enough time to conjure the Force. The reason Jedis and Siths seem so slow on film is because film can't really show how fast a Force blitz is.

Rogue Jedi
Jedi and Sith have no plural forms.

ThunderGodEneru
I'd have to watch The Matrix again, but what was that bit where Smith shot him, he fell back (looking dead) and Smith left him thinking he had defeated Neo? Sure, he may have been dying, I'll give you that, but Trinity was able to speak to Neo while he was unconcious, and Neo heard him and told him that she was told by the Oracle that she would fall in love with The One, giving him a 200 point increase to strength and speed, and a 50 point leadership bonus.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
If it is ROuths Superman,yeah. If given enough time to conjure the Force. The reason Jedis and Siths seem so slow on film is because film can't really show how fast a Force blitz is. Luke is not fast enough even in the EU to dodge Routherman, and is not durable enough to take a punch from him.

Comics Superman would solo the combined power of every Jedi and Sith Order.

"Kryptonite Lightsabers," lol wtf?

Dr Will Hatch
Luke took several lightwhip slashings from a lady Sith which are extreamly deadly, just as much as Rouths punch I bet, and recovered almost instantaneously. Also, there is a more powerful version of the mind trick that essentially means that a Force sensitive controls the course of events.Since Luke is the mac daddy of all Jedi ever, he could simply do battle meditation beforehand and make Supes screw up somehow in battle.

Bardock42
Luke took several lightwhip slashings from a lady Sith which are extreamly deadly, just as much as Rouths punch I bet, and recovered almost instantaneously. Also, there is a more powerful version of the mind trick that essentially means that a Force sensitive controls the course of events.Since Luke is the mac daddy of all Jedi ever, he could simply do battle meditation beforehand and make Supes screw up somehow in battle. And what do you base any of that on?

Sadako of Girth

"Kryptonite Lightsabers," lol wtf?

Yeah that was my first reaction.... But then I remember Superman 3 that computer using a similar angle with Kryptonite rays.

I like the idea and I dare say it might work as with other crystals in principle, but where would the Jedi find the Kryptonite crystals in the first place...?

And how many Jedi'd be quick enough to deal with Superman's speed..?
Imean he's so fast, that even if you had blasters, they work a bit slower than bullets, leaving a nice dodgeable tracer...against a man who can go faster than bullets... you could imagine Superman being able to evade them.

Sadako of Girth
Luke took several lightwhip slashings from a lady Sith which are extreamly deadly, just as much as Rouths punch I bet, and recovered almost instantaneously. Also, there is a more powerful version of the mind trick that essentially means that a Force sensitive controls the course of events.Since Luke is the mac daddy of all Jedi ever, he could simply do battle meditation beforehand and make Supes screw up somehow in battle.

Luke was less the mack daddy and more the 'half-trained lucky bastard who got utterly owned by the Emporer til his Dad intervened when it came to it".

Yodas the guvnor. Or even Mace over Luke.

Dr Will Hatch
And what do you base any of that on? A lot of the amazing things Luke can do are based on the NJO and Legacy of the Force books. The films also cannot really show how blazing fast a Force sensitive can be. In one of the NJO books, Luke killed dozens of Yuuzhan Vong warriors in a few seconds flat without even being seen. It is also my theory that Luke, Palps were so much better than any other Force sensitives in history that they single handedly impacted galactic events through sheer willpower. I agree that Superman may be a bit of a stretch, but I'm saying it's not out of the realm of possibility for Luke to beat him.

Robtard
Sure, he may have been dying, I'll give you that, but Trinity was able to speak to Neo while he was unconcious, and Neo heard him and told him that she was told by the Oracle that she would fall in love with The One, giving him a 200 point increase to strength and speed, and a 50 point leadership bonus.

So Neo has a kick-ass healing factor?

Robtard
A lot of the amazing things Luke can do are based on the NJO and Legacy of the Force books. The films also cannot really show how blazing fast a Force sensitive can be. In one of the NJO books, Luke killed dozens of Yuuzhan Vong warriors in a few seconds flat without even being seen. It is also my theory that Luke, Palps were so much better than any other Force sensitives in history that they single handedly impacted galactic events through sheer willpower. I agree that Superman may be a bit of a stretch, but I'm saying it's not out of the realm of possibility for Luke to beat him.

If you're bringing in the written literature of the characters, then Superman can solo the entire Star Wars universe.

Flying into the sun, shrugging off nukes, breaking his way into hell, oh, sneezing a galaxy away. Things the super cub-scout has done.

Final Blaxican

Aleema's light-whip is nowhere near as fast as Routh's Supeman, who can fly so fast that time turns back...

Raoul
Aleema's light-whip is nowhere near as fast as Routh's Supeman, who can fly so fast that time turns back...

routh or reeve?

Final Blaxican
Either, since they're the same character. Returns is just a retcon of Superman 3 and 4 so all of his feats from 1 and 2 still apply.

ThunderGodEneru
If you're bringing in the written literature of the characters, then Superman can solo the entire Star Wars universe.

Flying into the sun, shrugging off nukes, breaking his way into hell, oh, sneezing a galaxy away. Things the super cub-scout has done. The last two feats to not apply to current Superman, and it was a solar system not galaxy.

Bardock42
A lot of the amazing things Luke can do are based on the NJO and Legacy of the Force books. The films also cannot really show how blazing fast a Force sensitive can be. In one of the NJO books, Luke killed dozens of Yuuzhan Vong warriors in a few seconds flat without even being seen. It is also my theory that Luke, Palps were so much better than any other Force sensitives in history that they single handedly impacted galactic events through sheer willpower. I agree that Superman may be a bit of a stretch, but I'm saying it's not out of the realm of possibility for Luke to beat him. No, I mean what do you base it on that it would have any effect on Superman?

Rogue Jedi
No, I mean what do you base it on that it would have any effect on Superman? What, Force powers?

Dr Will Hatch
No, I mean what do you base it on that it would have any effect on Superman? Because "The Force" is a construct with undefined limitations. The movies couldn't show everything it could do because the tech didn't exist. I don't think Luke could actually beat him, but I do think he could draw him to a stalemate.

Rogue Jedi
Of course Force powers would work on Supes. Would they have as much an effect on him as they would an ordinary human? Doubtful.

Dr Will Hatch
If Force pull is strong enough to bring Supes down to the ground, then we'll talk.

Bardock42
The Force would work, sure, but would what you say work on Superman? Doubtful. Obviously Jedi aren't all powerful agains non-force sensitives. Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Durge and General Grievous all defeated Jedi at various times (not of Luke level, but still) and Superman is far, far, far, far superior to any of those. (far)

Robtard
Yoda somewhat struggled to stop the falling ceiling rumble that Dooku tried to crush him with (AOTC), stands to reason the more weight a Jedi is trying to manipulate the harder and slower it is for them to do so.

Now imagine how much pressure/force Superman would be exerting when Luke tried to capture/move him, I doubt he could even slow down Superman, let alone hold him.

ThunderGodEneru
Yoda somewhat struggled to stop the falling ceiling rumble that Dooku tried to crush him with (AOTC), stands to reason the more weight a Jedi is trying to manipulate the harder and slower it is for them to do so.

Now imagine how much pressure/force Superman would be exerting when Luke tried to capture/move him, I doubt he could even slow down Superman, let alone hold him. In the Clone Wars cartoon(which apparently is considered by Lucas to be an accurate representation of Jedi's powers not limited by movies) Yoda effortlessly lifted a mountain. Lolz.

Though that would not stop Superman.

Dr Will Hatch
^So that sort of proves my point about Palps and Luke being insanely powerful. Palps could have foresaw the battle with Dooku and influenced the events to make Yoda struggle, but in some irrelevent battle, he let him show off.

Didn't The New Jedi Acadamy kids push an entire fleet of destroyers into another star system or something using only their minds?

ThunderGodEneru
^So that sort of proves my point about Palps and Luke being insanely powerful. Palps could have foresaw the battle with Dooku and influenced the events to make Yoda struggle, but in some irrelevent battle, he let him show off.

Didn't The New Jedi Acadamy kids push an entire fleet of destroyers into another star system or something using only their minds? Or.

We can agree that SW EU generally ignores realism and the established limits of a Jedi and the Force has become what established SW Forum goer Gideon has called,"Shit magic."

Dr Will Hatch
Magic by its very nature implies that there are no limits on what it can do. Everyone in the SWU is connected to the Force, bu you need like 10,000 midichlorians to be considered a Force sensitive. Since Luke is a living avatar of the Force, he can basically do everything the Force can do, but channeled through his own actions. Luke hasn't gotten much character development, but he is crazily powerful, I mean like Herald of Galactus powerful.

Robtard
In the Clone Wars cartoon(which apparently is considered by Lucas to be an accurate representation of Jedi's powers not limited by movies) Yoda effortlessly lifted a mountain. Lolz.

Though that would not stop Superman.

WTF, how could the movies limit Force powers, CGI is just as effective as animation.

No, it would still be irrelevant.

Robtard
Magic by its very nature implies that there are no limits on what it can do. Everyone in the SWU is connected to the Force, bu you need like 10,000 midichlorians to be considered a Force sensitive. Since Luke is a living avatar of the Force, he can basically do everything the Force can do, but channeled through his own actions. Luke hasn't gotten much character development, but he is crazily powerful, I mean like Herald of Galactus powerful.

Superman would put the beat down on every Herald Galactus has had, maybe not quickly/easily, as guys like the Silver Surfer are extremely powerful, but Superman's powers are shown to be greater, especially in the comics.

Placidity
Superman would put the beat down on every Herald Galactus has had, maybe not quickly/easily, as guys like the Silver Surfer are extremely powerful, but Superman's powers are shown to be greater, especially in the comics.

Superman would not beat Silver Surfer of the comics . . .

Robtard
What are the Surfer's greatest feats of power and durability?

ThunderGodEneru
Silver Surfer created a black hole on accident, can essentially use any of Superman's weaknesses against him, he can destroy a planet with ease...Superman is not taking a majority against Surfer.

Sado22
well supes can cum inside Lois without splattering her brains out. beat that! mad

Final Blaxican
PIS and a warp of physics.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Sado22
well supes can cum inside Lois without splattering her brains out. beat that! mad Good point, but he was using T-Vo each time, so it doesn't count.

dadudemon
I took down an entire Star Destroyer in The Force Unleashed.

Also, Luke would probably lose to Superman.

Neo would lose to superman (assuming the each can retain all of their powers in a plce they both can fight at full power).

Heck, superman would lose to superman.

Sado22
nah. no one has a bigger jobber aura than Superman...........................oh wait, that's wolverine.

Rogue Jedi
His name says it all, SUPERMAN. He's not AVERAGE MAN.

Ace of Knaves
I've noticed that 9 times out of 10 Superman wins all fights, simply because he's Superman. Even in crossovers he's the winner simply because he's the touchstone for all superheroes. No superhero is as noble. No other superhero is as powerful. No other superhero is as good. No other superhero is as boring and bland, either.

ThunderGodEneru
Superman isn't the most powerful being on DC Earth, let alone in all of superhero-dome.

Ace of Knaves
I didn't say he was.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ace of Knaves
I've noticed that 9 times out of 10 Superman wins all fights, simply because he's Superman. Even in crossovers he's the winner simply because he's the touchstone for all superheroes. No superhero is as noble. No other superhero is as powerful. No other superhero is as good. No other superhero is as boring and bland, either. I think Captain Marvel (Shazam) gives him a run for three of those.

Ace of Knaves
I think there are a lot of other superheroes that could give him a run for his money; they just aren't allowed to because Superman is thought to be the embodiment of everything that's good and right.

Bardock42
I was just referring to dulness, blandness and nobility.

ThunderGodEneru
Actually current Captain Marvel should be able to stomp Superman, pretty much being Shazam right now.

Ahsoka Tano
dur thread is dur

Ace of Knaves
I was just referring to dulness, blandness and nobility.

I apologize, but my response doesn't discount that perspective on the character. He is boring and bland, but rarely ever cast in an inferior light due to his pervasive place in comic history.

Placidity
Originally posted by Sado22
nah. no one has a bigger jobber aura than Superman...........................oh wait, that's wolverine.

Pictures like this put a smile on my face.

http://www.bamkapow.com/bk_images/2008/06/05/hulk-amazing-feats/Rip-Ult-Wolverine-vs-Hulk-1.jpg

Sado22
laughing
or punisher shooting the piecashit in the balls and roadrolling him was also a joy!

ThunderGodEneru
Pictures like this put a smile on my face.

http://www.bamkapow.com/bk_images/2008/06/05/hulk-amazing-feats/Rip-Ult-Wolverine-vs-Hulk-1.jpg Ultimate Universe Wolverine, doesn't count. 131

Final Blaxican
... I made a signature with picture a few months ago.

Can anyone explain why Hulk's got beads around his neck?

Sado22
that's ultimate Hulk. this all happened when banner tried to find inner peace in Tibet. all went down the drain cuz hairybastardrine came around and f0cked everything up. hope he'd had tossed t0cker into the sun instead. F0ck Wolverine.
~Sado

Rogue Jedi
... I made a signature with picture a few months ago.

Can anyone explain why Hulk's got beads around his neck? And why is he wearing a skirt?

Utrigita
Sure, he may have been dying, I'll give you that, but Trinity was able to speak to Neo while he was unconcious

0:42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyd_xliZM3U&feature=related

Strange way to be unconcious.

ThunderGodEneru
Yet somehow he could hear Trinity?

Getting a flat-line is by no means an absolute indication of death, considering real people have come back from a flatline.

Sado22
leg sheet you ignorant american sod! smile

Utrigita
Yet somehow he could hear Trinity?

Getting a flat-line is by no means an absolute indication of death, considering real people have come back from a flatline.

Trinity believed he was dead Morpheus believed he was dead, and yet Trinity couldn't believe he was because she was told that she would fall in love with the one.

With electro shock I believe? And you are given that to people because they are, I believe, speaking medicaly, dead.

Also I think we should look at the entire ressurrection thing from a bit more Christen View, Jesus died and was ressurrected to forfill his purpose I see Neo do the same.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Utrigita
Trinity believed he was dead Morpheus believed he was dead, and yet Trinity couldn't believe he was because she was told that she would fall in love with the one.

With electro shock I believe? And you are given that to people because they are, I believe, speaking medicaly, dead.

Also I think we should look at the entire ressurrection thing from a bit more Christen View, Jesus died and was ressurrected to forfill his purpose I see Neo do the same. 1. ...Dead people can't hear people speak to them.

2. Yeah, but they are as I said not indications of ABSOLUTE death.

3. What, so are you saying it can be done only once? Would make sense. He couldn't do it in Revolutions.

Utrigita
1. ...Dead people can't hear people speak to them.

2. Yeah, but they are as I said not indications of ABSOLUTE death.

3. What, so are you saying it can be done only once? Would make sense. He couldn't do it in Revolutions.

Obviously Neo could, when your heart stops beating you doesn't really hear anything I believe that is the hole point to show that Neo was something so extrodinary in the matrix Universe that people could only be awed by it, Just like (Was it Link) that said "how is it possible?", Neo Also Brought Trinity back to life so...

Yet dead when you heart stops beating you are by clinic diffinition I believe dead.

Well the Revolution part is from my perspective more the "I sacrifice myself so that you may live blah blah"

jinXed by JaNx
Superman actually moves faster than time... pretty much.

But in the end, Neo apparently has some magical abilities that he didn't do in the movies, so he should win.

No, Superman is not faster than time. You are just being stupid now. If Superman were faster than time then he would be unstoppable, thus no need to make a movie about a giant boy in a big blue suit. The feats of speed that Superman displayed in all of his movies pale when compared to Neo's abilities in space and time manipulation. You are trying to introduce Comic canon and even then, sUperman is only as fast as the writers decide he needs to be. Superman cannot stop time, thus he is not faster than time. Neo, unlike Superman has actually displayed an ability close to being able to stop time.

ThunderGodEneru
No, Superman is not faster than time. You are just being stupid now. If Superman were faster than time then he would be unstoppable, thus no need to make a movie about a giant boy in a big blue suit. The feats of speed that Superman displayed in all of his movies pale when compared to Neo's abilities in space and time manipulation. You are trying to introduce Comic canon and even then, sUperman is only as fast as the writers decide he needs to be. Superman cannot stop time, thus he is not faster than time. Neo, unlike Superman has actually displayed an ability close to being able to stop time. Superman turned back the time of a planet by flying around it.

Neo's speed is clocked mach 3.4, which is slow motion compared to Superman.

Neo's abilities to warp the Matrix are very limited based on what he has done. He is not omnipotent in the Matrix like you people make him out to be, not even nearing it.

Robtard
Yeah, but Superman would be restrained by his 'hero's clause', so he wouldn't go all out in fear of killing Neo, so his uber powers get uber-gimped. sad

ThunderGodEneru
Hm. You're right.

Also, using Routh's Superman, he would probably never even throw a punch.

The dick.

Dammit!

Robtard
Hm. You're right.

Also, using Routh's Superman, he would probably never even throw a punch.

The dick.

Dammit!

This retro-addition (what?) of the hero's clause now makes the majority of these past threads foolish.

Granted, I'm sure the person(s) who vehemently argued for it on the grounds that one of his boy-fantasy heroes couldn't win any other way unless said hero's opponent was gimped, would just as quickly do away with it, if it suited his needs in a different thread.

ThunderGodEneru
So someone has argued and succeeded at doing so to have a rule in place to gimp the opposition's characters(at least that is the true motive behind why he did it) so that he in turn would be able to succeed in an argument with the opposition, which would make him un-doubtedly a whiny-mrs. piss pants?

Final Blaxican
Yes.

PIS is now in affect a perfectly valid point in an argument.

ThunderGodEneru
I see.

Who is responsible for this so we can knee-cap him, cut off his testicles, gag him with them, and hang him with his disemboweled intestines?

Final Blaxican
RJ. ermm

I'll get the thw blow-torch and the tire iron.

ThunderGodEneru
Just read the Batman vs. Jango thread.

"Morality clause?"

The little scrote.

Final Blaxican
I was kicking ass up until the 2nd page, wher I had to leave to go to School.

I come back and there's been two more pages added and it's a cluster****. ermm

Sadako of Girth
And the funny thing was that even with his hero's opponent gimped with said new clause, his hero STILL got his ass whipped anyway, thusly ruining the threads for no good reason whatsoever. A disgrace.

Sadako of Girth
...and now he has actually followed that up by showing us how insincere he was about actually wanted morals to be in effect, by making his next thread "to the death".

Robtard
Just look at the "Bob Lee Swagger Vs. Batman" as one example of the blantant clownery and twisting of unwritten rules to fit the immediate agenda.

As seen in the movies, Swagger isn't a murderer, so not sure how would could argue 'Bob Lee shoots Batman dead', since Bob Lee isn't willing to kill non-assholes, even if said non-assholes are trying to capture him, Bob has morals.

Sadako of Girth
*adjusts waistband and tips hat*
Yip.. Yip... Yip.... Gotta love that morals rule.

Robtard
It's not even a rule, it's a "I can't logically debate on how my preferred character would win and I have zero objectivity, so I'll pull it out when and only when it's convenient" card.

Sadako of Girth
You're right.

Its lameness.

Not many heros or villians would want to kill an opponent they didnt know.

Rogue Jedi
*adjusts waistband and tips hat*
Yip.. Yip... Yip.... Gotta love that morals rule. You really are just a simple little man haermm

Sadako of Girth
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh yeah?

Well thats like.....your opinion, man.
It just compounds your perpetual wrongness.
Seriously despite your petty attacks, you mean what you know. Nothing.

Go on. Continue proving it with your every post.

Still.... *Takes remote and points at 'the pause button' as a reminder*

Rogue Jedi
Just saying, man. Seems like arguments need to be dumbed down in order for you to get them. Adding a morality clause to stay true to the character is a good idea.

Sadako of Girth
No that is an assumption you make, a hypocritical and flaming one too.
Its an opinion. Mine is that you make a bag of hammers look like einstein, but it might not neccesarily be true.

Stop dragging the abuse out man.

Pause.

Then the fighters would fight each other anyway, due to who they were.

They have no beef.

Rogue Jedi
Different strokes I guess.

Whatever the case, the rule is in effect and the thread starter specifies.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Just saying, man. Seems like arguments need to be dumbed down in order for you to get them. Adding a morality clause to stay true to the character is a good idea.

You think it's good now, becasue it benefited you in a certain thread, yet you had no problem not factoring morality in many a thread when it suited you then.

Like I said, you'll use something when it helps you and you'll just as quickly do away with that same reasoning when it doesn't.

Rogue Jedi
You think it's good now, becasue it benefited you in a certain thread, yet you had no problem not factoring morality in many a thread when it suited you then.

Like I said, you'll use something when it helps you and you'll just as quickly do away with that same reasoning when it doesn't. How did it benefit me? All I did was ask questions at to how Batman would disable Jango's jetpack without killing him, and that Batman does not kill. I never really took Jangos side completely.

Thread starter determines fight conditions, end of story. BUT the movie character must stay true to form.

jinXed by JaNx
Superman turned back the time of a planet by flying around it.

Neo's speed is clocked mach 3.4, which is slow motion compared to Superman.

Neo's abilities to warp the Matrix are very limited based on what he has done. He is not omnipotent in the Matrix like you people make him out to be, not even nearing it.

Superman needs to accelerate to realize the full potential of his speed. Superman cannot slow time with sheer focus..,Neo can. Superman cannot see in code and read his opponents. I don't think Neo is omnipotent because there is no God within the Matrix. However, he was to much for the architect and he did return to life after dying in the matrix. Considering that no human can return to life after dying in the matrix it's a damn "omnipotent" achievement when it occurs.

Superman reversing the rotation of the Earth was not a feat of him moving faster than time. It was a feat of speed, for sure but if he could move faster than time he wouldn't have had to do that retarded, spinning the earth backwards thing. Neo cannot move faster than time but he can manipulate the space and time of the matrix.

Whilst in the Matrix, Neo has virtually no boundaries on the potential of his strength and speed. Neo is fluent in all forms of combat. He would be able to read Supermans code and by doing so he would be countering Supermans attacks before Superman even attacks. Unless Superman gains the ability to slow time and bend reality just by focusing, he has no chance against Neo.

Here we come, yet again to the brick wall that is Supermans invincibility. Neo may be faster than Superman and he may be able to endure everything Superman has to offer while returning the punishment but how do you kill something that is invincible? Neo also has the ability to download anything and everything that he may need. If Superman is jacked into the Matrix, the hackers would have all information on Superman. Thus Neo would know about Kryptonite and then he could just have a big green rock downloaded. Or, he could contact a hacker to blot out the sun. Either way, he can still just jump inside of superman and blow supermans shit inside out.

Bardock42
I always felt like the earth spinning back, was the graphical feat of Superman moving back in time. He didn't "turn back time"...that's a silly thing to say, he just traveled through time, to a point before the shit hit the fan, by going faster than the speed of light.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah I read it that way these days, but as a kid, not being hip to such things back then, I thought he turned it back too. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.