ready for season 9??!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hermione7
Ask Ausiello Jan 6 2009

Question: Any news as to whether Tom Welling has signed on for another season of Smallville? -- Scarlett

Ausiello: Yes, there's news, and it's good. Some would even call it, ahem, super. According to a well-placed Smallville insider, Welling is nearing a deal to return for a ninth season. I'm told they're just ironing out some minor deal points, such as should the Brinks Truck pull into the actor's driveway, or just unload on the street.

BruceSkywalker
Why?

hermione7
were gonna get superman!smile

starlock
In a way i am happy in a way i am so over this crappy show...I loath reality shows and all the stupid things on tv these days...so i like the idea of smallville.....and shows like it....but the show even from season one...has been filled with maybe 4 good episodes a year....i stopped watching every episode aroung season 4....and the episodes i watched from then on were just garbage...but id rather see season 9 of smallville..then mom swapping and biggest looser reality shows....i guess thats why i watch DVD's and read books..and hardly ever watch tv any more..but its only my opinion..and i know it could be just a matter of taste.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by hermione7
were gonna get superman!smile

So Tom has decided to don the supes tights?

hermione7
not really sure..

Smallville Goes Another Round

According to RADAR sources, actor Tom Welling is just about set to do a 9th season of Smallville on the CW.

The 31 year-old actor plays Clark Kent on the show about the formative years of Superman.

Ratings have gone up this season thanks to the introduction of the villainous Doomsday and the departure of the boring Lana Lang. It is assumed that Erica Durance and Justin Hartley will return as popular regulars Lois Lane and Green Arrow, respectively. No word on the fate of Chloe and Jimmy Olsen. When a show has lasted this long, bumps in salaries often cause for a whittling of ensemble casts.

It still remains unlikely that Clark will don the familiar Superman costume, so as to avoid any possible conflicts and confusion with another big-screen incarnation of the Man of Steel.

hermione7
'SMALLVILLE' GROWS UP
By STEPHEN LYNCH

January 11, 2009 --
Fire up the Bat Signal, turn on Jimmy Olsen's watch, summon your underwater friends - comic book geeks, it's time to visit "Smallville."

I know, I know. You've been burned before, back when the show was "Dawson's Creek" with kryptonite, when Clark Kent (Tom Welling) whined incessantly about his secret, when Lana Lang was conveniently knocked unconscious every time the young Man of Steel did something mildly interesting.

But in its eighth (yikes) season, Superman lives! Kent, having finally graduated high school at age 28, is doing all the things the Last Son of Krypton is famous for - working at the Daily Planet in Metropolis, flirting with Lois Lane (Erica Durance), leaping tall buildings in a single bound.

"Smallville" started growing up when Michael Rosenbaum, who played the young Lex Luthor, decided to leave the show. Though a standout among the cast, his character had grown stale - especially since the smartest man alive still hadn't figured out farm boy was an alien.

In last season's finale, Luthor finally connects the dots, fighting Clark as the Fortress of Solitude crumbles around them in the Arctic (this year, Lex is officially "missing"wink.

The lack of a main villain allowed the four new executive producers - creators Al Gough and Miles Millar left the show last year - to shake things up.

Clark's become a reporter, and hangs out with guys like Green Arrow and the Martian Manhunter. Luthor's replacement is Tess Mercer (Cassidy Freeman), a little in-joke for Superman fans, as her name is a combination of Miss Teschmacher from the original Christopher Reeve "Superman" film and Mercy Graves, Luthor's bodyguard in the comics. Davis Bloome (Sam Witwer), meanwhile, is Doomsday - the only character to ever kill Superman.

Instead of worrying about whether he can play football or plowing the back 40, Clark is battling kryptonian super-villains such as General Zod and trying to save Chloe Sullivan (the excellent Allison Mack), who has been possessed by the nefarious computer program, Brainiac.

In other words, nerd Christmas!

To be fair, Gough and Millar always had a reverence for the character's legacy. They copied the design of the Fortress straight from the Richard Donner films, and casting old Superman hands such as Reeve, Margot Kidder and Terrence Stamp (Zod in "Superman II," who here plays the voice Jor-El, Clark's father).

Brian Peterson, one of the current executive producers, say the creators have been unfairly criticized on the Internet following this season's success. "They established the foundation - even in the pilot - that we're still playing off," he says.

Still, from a Superman fan's point of view, Peterson benefits from a change of setting ("Smallville" doesn't really take place there anymore) and a hero who acts, well, a little more super.

This Thursday, the show returns from hiatus with "Legion," an episode centered on the Legion of Super-Heroes, who travel back in time from the 30th century to assist Superman. Rather than be a standalone stunt, however, the group plays a big part in the ongoing threat from Doomsday and Chloiac.

Producers might even toss out the famous credo of "Smallville" - "no tights, no flights."

"It's a possibility," Peterson says, "we may bend that rule."

Still, don't expect a wholesale makeover. "Once you break that rule you're in Superman territory, and that's not what the show is about. It's about a boy deciding to become a hero."

He may become a hero fairly soon, however. Peterson isn't sure whether this is the last season of "Smallville" or not, and hints that decision may determine how far down the comic-book path the show goes.

Tom Welling, call your tailor. If eight is enough, we're thinking some red-and-blue tights might be in your future.

hermione7
WCT: Well, you definitely hit it big with the WB show Smallville, playing Lex Luthor. How many seasons were you on?

MR: I did seven seasons and I just finished this past May. They are continuing on another season. My contract was up and it had run its course. I loved the cast and the crew but I felt like my work was done. They have asked me to come back a few times. People think they have seen me on the show since then but I found out they have been using body doubles to pretend that it's me. I don't know how fair that is to the fans.

WCT: So you don't think you will ever come back?

MR: No. I told the producers that I would only come back for the last episode or two if they let me wear a bald cap. I just grew my hair out.

hermione7

BruceSkywalker

Magee
I would rather see a spin off where Clark actually becomes Superman and does his thing in Metropolis. Maybe not even a spin off, just end Smallville and make a new Superman tv series. At least give us a feature length episode (straight to dvd?) where he puts on the costume, would of loved to seen it involve Doomsday.

This show should have ended years ago but they dragged it out with seasons where nothing interesting happened.

hermione7
^yup I think they should just change it to Metropolis

Me, thankful there's no more dramalana in s9 Happy Dance

BruceSkywalker
^yup I think they should just change it to Metropolis

Me, thankful there's no more dramalana in s9 Happy Dance

i agree with you about Lana

hermione7
^yayHappy Dance

On the back of yesterday's announcement that The CW has renewed "Smallville" for a 9th season, the Superman Homepage did some digging to find out just who will be returning in Season 9.

A source well positioned to know about these things told the Superman Homepage that at this point in a TV series Warner Bros. requires main cast members to sign a 2 year contract. Therefore Allison Mack (Chloe Sullivan), Aaron Ashmore (Jimmy Olsen) and Erica Durance (Lois Lane) were all signed on for a possible 9th season when they negotiated their contracts at the beginning of Season 8.

So, with Tom Welling's original contract having been for 8 seasons, his new contract (signed for season 9) would most likely also be a 2 year deal, meaning there could potentially be a season 10! Happy Dance Happy Dance

hermione7
Executive Producers Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders have confirmed for E! Online that Tom Welling and Erica Durance are signed on for Season 9, so that must mean that neither Clark nor Lois will be dying. Combine that with Entertainment Weekly's Ausiello's hint that implied "the person dying is not Chloe," and that should narrow the suspected dead to four other characters - Tess, Jimmy, Oliver, and Davis - unless one or both of the deaths happen to be guest stars.

Darth Vicious
Executive Producers Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders have confirmed for E! Online that Tom Welling and Erica Durance are signed on for Season 9, so that must mean that neither Clark nor Lois will be dying. Combine that with Entertainment Weekly's Ausiello's hint that implied "the person dying is not Chloe," and that should narrow the suspected dead to four other characters - Tess, Jimmy, Oliver, and Davis - unless one or both of the deaths happen to be guest stars.

From Ausiello

04/05 - The fight scene between Doomsday and Clark is going to be big. One might even call it ginormous. The *er**n d***g ** n** C***e. Source: The Ausiello Files

hermione7
hmm...thinking maybe chloe.. then changing her name lolz..

hermione7

Raoul
i think i just died a little inside. I'm also certain that Badabing is Tom Welling in disguise.

Badabing
Originally posted by Raoul
i think i just died a little inside. I'm also certain that Badabing is Tom Welling in disguise. Maybe you could die the rest of the way sooner rather than later. biscuits

I'm glad Smallville will be back.

Raoul
Originally posted by Badabing
Maybe you could die the rest of the way sooner rather than later. biscuits

I'm glad Smallville will be back.

laughing out loud

yeah, maybe this season will be an improvement...

lexy3643
I want to know if anything will happen between oliver and chloe and what will happen to clark after what he told chloe at the end of doomsday. it's almost too much to bare!!!

hermione7
Melrose,' '90210' to kick off Sept. 8
CW announces fall premiere schedule

The CW will kick off its fall campaign on Sept. 8 with the sophomore year of "90210" and the bow of "Melrose Place."

Net has also decided to flop the time slots of its Monday dramas, which will send "Gossip Girl" to the 9 p.m. hour.

It's the second year in a row that "90210" is the centerpiece of the net's fall launch campaign, and CW is hoping that anticipation will be high for the remodeled "Melrose." CW is getting a jumpstart on its competish by launching the week of Sept. 8, but it won't be quite as quick out of the gate as last year, when the net's fall sked launched on Labor Day.

The rollout continues Sept. 9 with the two-hour preem of "America's Next Top Model," followed Sept. 10 by the preem of "Vampire Diaries" and return of "Supernatural."

The Monday slate returns on Sept. 14, though the "Gossip Girl"-"One Tree Hill" slot swap will take effect July 6 with repeat segs. The regular Wednesday slate of "Top Model" and newbie drama "A Beautiful Life" arrives on Sept. 16.

CW's Friday lineup of "Smallville" and "Top Model" repeat will not materialize until Sept. 25. On Friday Sept. 11 and Sept. 18, the net plans to run repeats of its new dramas.

CW will also rerun segs of its new series on Sundays through Sept. 27, when it formally returns five hours of program time to its affiliate stations. CW confirmed last month that it is bowing out of Sunday programming in an effort to strengthen its overall primetime perf (Daily Variety, May 5).

CW also confirmed to its affiliate stations this month that it will give back one hour of its two-hour Monday-Friday daytime block as of the 2010-11 season. At present it programs the 3-5 p.m. block with yakker "The Tyra Banks Show," one original and one repeat seg. As of 2010-11, it will return the 4-5 p.m. hour to affiliates.

theShowstopper
I can't wait for Season 9!

hermione7

BruceSkywalker

~JP~
From Hollywood Reporter

'Smallville' casts its General Zod
Callum Blue will play the villain next season
By Nellie Andreeva
June 23, 2009, 06:59 PM ET
Updated: June 23, 2009, 07:49 PM ET
Superman will be facing General Zod.

Brit Callum Blue has joined CW's "Smallville" as a regular. He will play the young man of steel's future arch nemesis in the sci-fi drama's upcoming ninth season.

Supervillain General Zod from the DC Comics books was introduced in 1980 feature "Superman II," where the role was played by Terence Stamp.

Blue, whose series credits include Showtime's "The Tudors" and "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" and the WB's "Related," is repped by Gersh and manager Beth Holden.

hermione7
B.BIG RUMOR: From Smallville To... Metropolis?

Ain't It Cool News today posted a big rumor that - if true - could be something huge for Smallville fans.

Here's something a tipster sent that site:

On black, with crimson/red text in the same font lettering that Smallville uses, and a transparent grey Superman "S" watermark behind the text:

METROPOLIS

CHRISTMAS 2010

Then at the bottom is a banner advertising the Smallville presentation.

AICN is suggesting the possibility that Smallville will conclude its 9-year run in May 2010, with whatever this is serving as a sequel to the show.

So far, no one officially connected with the series has confirmed or denied anything. To go into a ninth season with an end point in mind would be very smart for the series, both creatively and in terms of promotion, especially if a "Metropolis" movie could wrap it up. Bonus points could be had if former series stars like Michael Rosenbaum, Kristin Kreuk, Annette O'Toole, and even John Glover and John Schneider could return for the series' final hurrah.

Stay tuned for more information. Of course if this is true, we'll be hearing more at the Comic-Con panel on July 26! big grin hello BruceSkywalker. big grin big grin

BruceSkywalker

Ain't It Cool News today posted a big rumor that - if true - could be something huge for Smallville fans.

On black, with crimson/red text in the same font lettering that Smallville uses, and a transparent grey Superman "S" watermark behind the text:

METROPOLIS

CHRISTMAS 2010

AICN is suggesting the possibility that Smallville will conclude its 9-year run in May 2010, with whatever this is serving as a sequel to the show.

So far, no one officially connected with the series has confirmed or denied anything. To go into a ninth season with an end point in mind would be very smart for the series, both creatively and in terms of promotion, especially if a "Metropolis" movie could wrap it up. Bonus points could be had if former series stars like Michael Rosenbaum, Kristin Kreuk, Annette O'Toole, and even John Glover and John Schneider could return for the series' final hurrah.

Stay tuned for more information. Of course if this is true, we'll be hearing more at the Comic-Con panel on July 26! big grin hello BruceSkywalker. big grin big grin

hi...

this sounds like Clark will put on the red and blue tights and fly

Badabing

METROPOLIS

CHRISTMAS 2010

Stay tuned for more information. Of course if this is true, we'll be hearing more at the Comic-Con panel on July 26! big grin hello BruceSkywalker. big grin big grin Sounds very good.

Mr Parker
please tell me this isnt true.I was so hoping that this show which went downhill after the fourth season was finally over with.I only came back here to this section in hopes of hearing news the show had finally ended.

Mindship
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
in the final episode he will be wearing blue and red
Originally posted by Mindship in another thread
It'll be interesting to see how the series ends. My guess is, it will end just as the Superman era begins (final scene of final episode: there's major trouble in metropolis; Clark's running toward the camera, pulling open his shirt: the last thing we see is the "S" shield). cool

~JP~
New stuff out this last week or so.

E!Online

TV Guide

Ausiello

FistOfThe North
I'm ready to finally see Superman in "Smallville" and watch him in action.

But I have a feeling that he'll don the suit at either mid or more likely the end of season nine. Or, in dramatic fashion, and for the first time, in his barn, he'll hold the suit, then maybe look up in the sky, then look at the camera with steely determination with the Superman theme playing in the background barely unnoticeable, as the screen fades to black.

I believe he'll fully embrace and accept flying up, up, and away. Like it would be normal to him.

Season 10 will definitely see "Superman" most likely half to more than half the time..

my take.

FistOfThe North
Man o man.

"Metropolis" would own, all forever. I'd be the best thing on TV.

~JP~
From E! Online

-Pr-
i wonder if GA's sidekick will be called speedy... laughing out loud

~JP~
From TV Guide via K-site

-Pr-
if johns does take more control, i can see a definite improvement in the show happening...

~JP~
OK so the CW went and switched a bunch of episodes around (no idea why). This is the correct listing and Ive asked Ushgarak to fix the titles.

9/5 is Roulette
9/6 is Crossfire
9/7 is Kandor
9/8 is Idol

BruceSkywalker
thought i'd put this here...

Clark in Black

Smallville
Season eight was a weird ending. Of course they left room for Doomsday to come back, Zod is apparently on earth, and now Metallo is supposed to be coming in 9 - 1? Every season ended with a To Be Continued until 8... kind of disappointing. But, I am still going to watch. Come on, it is Smallville.

jayce78
Was'nt season 8 enough people.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by starlock
In a way i am happy in a way i am so over this crappy show...I loath reality shows and all the stupid things on tv these days...so i like the idea of smallville.....and shows like it....but the show even from season one...has been filled with maybe 4 good episodes a year....i stopped watching every episode aroung season 4....and the episodes i watched from then on were just garbage...but id rather see season 9 of smallville..then mom swapping and biggest looser reality shows....i guess thats why i watch DVD's and read books..and hardly ever watch tv any more..but its only my opinion..and i know it could be just a matter of taste.

Damn this thread is STILL going on? considering that this was the top thread at the top and the last post on this was back in november,that just shows how this show has lost the interest of the majority of the fans.LOL.

thats pretty much what I do when it comes to tv shows these days cause they dont make good tv shows anymore like the good old days-the classics like starskey and hutch,kojak,barnaby jones,magnum PI,matt houston,riptide,hawaii five o,gilligans island,the munsters,ect ect.
he hit the nail right on the head.i also stopped watching the show after season four cause from then on,it was just plain garbage.Im thinking that they will do one more season this year 2010 and have it end at a 10 year run like they did with beverly hills 90210.

a lot of similarities in these two shows.Like smallville,that show also went downhill after the first couple of seasons,after season two was when the quality of THAT show went downhill.Like smallville,that show also had the parents leaving the show wayyyyyy too soon. I did not mind jonathan dying but it happened way too soon.should have happened a few years later.

That was cowardly the way they did that.they only had it happen as soon as it did because that episode was like their one hundreth or so and since it was the 100th,they came up with that moronic idea of having it happen that soon. mad

and finally,like beverly hills 90210,the show lost its magic and pizzaz it had after the first couple of seasons ansd stayed on way much longer than it should have.It never should have stayed on for 10 years.should have ended after season 5.I cant imagine the producers of smallville doing this show longer than 10 years either so you would think we would have one more year 2010 this year,and that will FINALLY be it hopefully.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by jayce78
Was'nt season 8 enough people.

like i said,they just dont know WHEN to quit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

~JP~
Honestly, if you havent watched it this year then you have zero idea of what you are talking about. Its been far more comic style driven than ever this year and no teenage angst crap. And just because no one here posts in this section hardly means the majority of the fan-base has left. KMC isnt the be-all end-all of forums. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Macabre
This has probably been the best season yet. Zod...is incredible. That dude creeps people out like no tomorrow. I don't undrestand the sentiment of coming in here and bashing it: if you think it jumped the shark, then don't watch. I personally loved last season with Davis and now I think this season is even better.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ~JP~
Honestly, if you havent watched it this year then you have zero idea of what you are talking about. Its been far more comic style driven than ever this year and no teenage angst crap. And just because no one here posts in this section hardly means the majority of the fan-base has left. KMC isnt the be-all end-all of forums. roll eyes (sarcastic)

you might want to try and read the entire post next time instead of just parts of it,cause AGAIN they ruined that show by killing off pa kent so early on like they did.should have waited a few more years before doing so.John Schneider was one of the main reasons that show was so fun to watch.like i said,they at least will probably end it after season 10 Im sure.yahoo.that will be the happiest time for me since beverly hills 90210 also ended after 10 years staying on way too long than it should have. Happy Dance

~JP~
First of all, learn some PUNCTUATION!! Typing out a response in that manner makes you look like an illiterate idiot.

Secondly, I don't need to read your entire posts because they are virtually the same post, over and over and over again.

You need to get over the fact that Smallville does not follow Superman canon, ESPECIALLY since the shows producers have made that clear for the last NINE years.

And for the record, John Schneider was hardly this shows selling point.

I agree with Darth Macabre and will add one more thing, stop reading and posting in this particular section if it so highly offends your sensibilities you twit.

-Pr-
Apparently, there;s a silver banshee episode coming up. I really, really hope we don't have to put up with more "hollywood oirish".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.