Kel'Thuzad(lich) vs. Kain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ArtificialGlory
The archlich of Naxxramas vs. the master vampire.

Lich King
There is a lot more to Kel'Thuzad than Naxxramas, but whilst Kel'Thuzad is more powerful than World of Warcraft give him credit to be- Kain will take him out. Kel'Thuzad is a genious, a master necromancer and a powerful Lich but Kain has a few too many abilities that work in his benefit against the majordomo.

Burning thought
Kelthuzard would be at a major disadvantage considering most minions he could summon to his aid through Necromancy would be no threat to a soul eating weapon, although as "Lich king" said, Kain would be too much to Kelthuzard imo

Gumachi
Here we go roll eyes (sarcastic)

ArtificialGlory
Kel'Thuzad's power is obviously not limited to necromancy. He has very powerful frost and shadow magic, he also has very potent enchantments placed around his body. He wouldn't go down easy.

Utrigita
No he wouldn't, but he is facing a opponent that really cannot be killed, Kel'Thuzad on the other hand can, now I would say that most of Kains Soul attacks wouldn't have the greatest effect against Kel'Thuzad but that nasty sword that Kain has that damaged the Elder God will also most certainly damage Kel'Thuzad as well

(btw what version of Kain? final ore what?)

Burning thought
Ime wondering what could Kelthuzard possibly attack with? Kain would be very difficult to hit with a spell because his speed is certainly above the average warcraft character and then hes got his many powers such as mist form to escape punishment in quick jolts of mist form, and then kelth has to deal with teleportation and time slowing spells while avoiding kains incapaciating time bolts.

Lich King
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Kel'Thuzad's power is obviously not limited to necromancy. He has very powerful frost and shadow magic, he also has very potent enchantments placed around his body. He wouldn't go down easy.

This is not a matter of who is most powerful, but what powers who has to their disposal. Kel'Thuzad is an incredibly powerful entity, but power gets you nowhere if it does not allow you to fight your opponent. Kain could merely go mist, turn solid and smash, then go mist again. Kel'Thuzad could and probably would curse Kain, but let's face it. Kain will not be brought down by merely curses, which is pretty much all Kel'Thuzad can do against one of his calibur.

Kel'Thuzad loses. On a magical level he may not be out of his league, but on a combatant level, Kain has the right abilities to defeat our precious Majordomo.

Lich King
Originally posted by Gumachi

What's there to go? This is an obvious loss for Kel'Thuzad.

If they are to par someone in Warcraft against Kain, it should be one of significant power. Someone that can fight him, like Medivh, Fordring, Velen, Illidan, Gul'Dan or maybe even go for the even greater powers. Not because of Kain's power magnitude, but because of what his powers contain.

No matter how powerful soneone is, if you can not fight the one you are up against it does not matter. A simple ghost with a single weak spell could kill entire armies. It's not what powers you have, but how well you can use them.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Lich King

If they are to par someone in Warcraft against Kain, it should be one of significant power. Someone that can fight him, like Medivh, Fordring, Velen, Illidan, Gul'Dan or maybe even go for the even greater powers. Not because of Kain's power magnitude, but because of what his powers contain.

No matter how powerful soneone is, if you can not fight the one you are up against it does not matter. A simple ghost with a single weak spell could kill entire armies. It's not what powers you have, but how well you can use them.

Well, I suppose you're right. I wanted to do a vs. that didn't include a FF character for once :P

Tbh, I first wanted to do Kain vs. Archimonde or Tirion Fordring with Ashbringer. However, I figured that Archi would be too much and not many people know Tirion Fordring or Ashbringer.

Lich King
Fordring has shown resistant to soul theft, great endurance and has great power against the undead. While I imagine he still would lose to Kain, it would be far more even to par the two up against eachother than bring in Archimonde against Kain.

Burning thought

he was just trying to bait/attack me but his plan ran short when it turns out nobody else is going to try and back him up...

Utrigita
The Quote you have beneath you sign LK where did you get that from?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Utrigita

I think his sig is what the Lich King told Kel'Thuzad when Kel'Thuzad was still a human.

Burning thought
what can Fordring actually do? and you could put Kain against more than one person at a time.. or a gauntlet if you wanted to make a thread with Kain vs more than one character of your choosing.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Burning thought
what can Fordring actually do?

Tirion Fordring, one of the most powerful paladins to ever live armed with Ashbringer, the ultimate(known) anti-undead weapon. Even the Lich King ran away with his tail between his legs when Tirion smacked him with Ashbringer.

So yeah, I believe there's a lot that he can do.

Burning thought
hmm a sword, short range is not really Good against Kain, has he got any powerful long range attacks of high speed? but yeh, i think a gauntlet would be the best thing to make if you want to make a thread, that way you can pit a lot of characters in a vs

Ultimate Wil
Originally posted by Gumachi

I'm with ya dude.

ArtificialGlory
hmm a sword, short range is not really Good against Kain, has he got any powerful long range attacks of high speed? but yeh, i think a gauntlet would be the best thing to make if you want to make a thread, that way you can pit a lot of characters in a vs

Only the sword itself is short range. Fordring's abilities and the power the sword grants its wielder(basically to smite undead into nothing but flurry of ash), however, are not short range. At short range that thing is utterly deadly to undead, but it's not powerless at long-range either.

About the gauntlet... Good idea, but I don't wanna start another thread so soon. Maybe someone else?

Originally posted by Ultimate Wil
I'm with ya dude.

Huh?

Lich King

Lich King speaking to Kel'Thuzad, taken from "Road to Damnation"

Burning thought
Huh?

hes trying to same as Gumachi, only he did it too late rather than too early this time roll eyes (sarcastic)

ArtificialGlory
hes trying to same as Gumachi, only he did it too late rather than too early this time roll eyes (sarcastic)

Trying what?

MadMel
to bait BT into saying something that will get the mods attention erm

Burning thought
yeh hes baiting, and curiously at the same time I think hes trolling as well.

ArtificialGlory
yeh hes baiting, and curiously at the same time I think hes trolling as well.

Baiting? Hah! That was one hell of a weaksauce attempt.

Utrigita
Lich King speaking to Kel'Thuzad, taken from "Road to Damnation"

Road of Damnation? A book ore Manual ore something ore some ingame WoW?

ArtificialGlory
Road of Damnation? A book ore Manual ore something ore some ingame WoW?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/1p11/roadtodamnation.html

Utrigita
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/1p11/roadtodamnation.html

Ahh I see

Thanks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.