H2: Halloween 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1311067/

So yeah...a sequel is coming

MildPossession
Mentioned it in the remakes topic stick out tongue Yes, I have no hope for it because the first was one of the worst remakes/horror movies in a long time that I have seen.

All the main cast are back for the sequel I believe, including McDowell, so at least there is one positive for it.

If you look around there are images of the new mask being made for the film.

So has his other movie fallen through then...

jinXed by JaNx
I liked the first one up until the last twenty minutes when it became a bad slasher. It went from a character study to a sub-par slasher.

steverules_2
Originally posted by MildPossession
Not Mentioned it in the remakes topic stick out tongue Yes, I have no hope for it because the first was one of the worst remakes/horror movies in a long time that I have seen.

All the main cast are back for the sequel I believe, including McDowell, so at least there is one positive for it.

Fix'd dur Any chance of a link to the new mask? I'd like to see what it's like, similiar to the one in the the remake of the first?

Mr Parker
Mentioned it in the remakes topic stick out tongue Yes, I have no hope for it because the first was one of the worst remakes/horror movies in a long time that I have seen.

I agree.I think I will skip the sequal as well since the first one was about the worst remake I have seen for a horror movie excluding the omen.

Impediment
Halloween 2009 was one of the very worst remakes I've ever seen. I have no hope whatsoever for any sequels.

steverules_2
You mean halloween 2007 wink

BruceSkywalker
Zombie's movie wasn't what I'd thought it would be...

This sequel I'll wait until more people are casted

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Impediment
Halloween 2009 was one of the very worst remakes I've ever seen. I have no hope whatsoever for any sequels.

couldn't have said it better.except like what he said, I think you meant Halloween 2007. wink

Zilverz
you guys are full of crap saying Halloween was the worst remake you ever seen. seriously i can think of no other way to convey that message.

this is futile, but the theatrical release did have some things changed and a superb soundtrack that was removed from the original zombie cut. After watching the theatrical I definately preffered the original. I suggest people intersted to seek it out.

jinXed by JaNx
yeah, seriously. Hills have eyes 2, prom night, carrie, when a stranger calls. We can go on all night with shit poor remakes. Halloween was a very ambitious remake that could have worked had Zombie not fallen asleep during the last thirty minutes of the movie. Stil, I think it's a very strong remake and definitely deserves more credit than it received. It was filmed well and had good pacing and even character exploration. Like, how else would you remake Halloween? He dirtied the movie up a little bit and instead of sticking with that direction he shifted into classic slasher mode during the last act which felt very out of place because it wasn't given enough time to develop naturally. I still say zombie is one of the top horror directors and i wouldnt like to see another halloween movie without him behind the helm, dude just has to much style.

steverules_2
I thought that the remake wasn't too bad either, but still I have seen better and in no way could it top the original

Zilverz
finally some sense!!! seriously though, anyone willing to give it a second chance seek out the dvd screener .. there is a rape scene cut out in the theatrical .. it was part of a different method michael escaped the mental hospital ... and youll love the sound track its very chilling in parts ...the ending sequence is different as well...

MildPossession
Don't say we are full of crap and have no sense, to ME, it was ONE of the worst remakes I have seen.

There was a rape scene in the official dvd release here in the UK... so if I've seen the version you are on about, it's still rubbish.

One of the top horror film makers around made me laugh, sorry Rage stick out tongue

BackFire
I seem to be one of the few who enjoyed the remake a fair bit. Wasn't even remotely one of the worst remakes ever I think. At least Zombie put out some effort with it.

MildPossession
A small % of people Backfire stick out tongue smile

MildPossession
Like, I would leave the original alone stick out tongue

It was a mold they were working with, not the finished mask, I will try and find it, but you should find it on any horror news website.

Ah: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14832

BackFire
A small % of people Backfire stick out tongue smile

Yep! It's alright. Must have something to do with the fact that I'm not a fan of the original so the remake didn't bug me as much as a remake of a film I adore like TCM or whatever.

The new mask looks weird.

Zilverz
Don't say we are full of crap and have no sense, to ME, it was ONE of the worst remakes I have seen.

There was a rape scene in the official dvd release here in the UK... so if I've seen the version you are on about, it's still rubbish.

One of the top horror film makers around made me laugh, sorry Rage stick out tongue

Ok maybe uk got the original cut then. US theatrical was different. Well mildP you are definately entitled to your opinion. There is just so much wannabe horror trash out there where they just use mirror jump scenes and call it a horror. When a movie i like, that i considered to have style and real terrifying elements, gets slopped with the rest of the trash i get apprehensive. I ask you to give zombie a 2nd chance when part 2 comes. He wont sell out .. you can bank on that!

MildPossession
I will give it a chance, I give all films a chance because he might make a fabulous second Halloween film and I wouldn't know without seeing it.

Mr Parker

Yeah if you cant take our criticisms of it,dont post here.This is a message board.Not everybody is going to agree with you in case your not aware of that.we have our right to bash it when we feel it could have been much better.and I saw the original theatrical version and sorry it was just plain crap.could have been so much better.I posted a review of the film when it came out with my reasons for why I thought it was so bad and could have been so much better.Like i said Rage,I gave my review of the movie back then why I thought it was bad and could have been so much better.I COULD go back and bring it on this thread again if so desired.

Wolfie
I enjoyed the remake enough. It started very much like a Rob Zombie film. Then it turned into the style of Halloween. Then it ended with kind of a mix of the former.

I'll see the sequel. I'm curious of what Zombie has planned.

steverules_2
I'll be seeing it to smile Dunno in what way yet though

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Wolfie
I enjoyed the remake enough. It started very much like a Rob Zombie film. Then it turned into the style of Halloween. Then it ended with kind of a mix of the former.

I'll see the sequel. I'm curious of what Zombie has planned.

Co-sign

steverules_2
I didn't expect a sequel. When he was hit by bullets in the original they had no real effect, but Zombie made this Myers more weaker than the original to make him more realistic (or so I heard) so when mike got shot point blank in the head well I thought was it for him really erm

Kris Blaze

MildPossession
Rob Zombie is calling on Ezra Buzzington to appear in the upcoming sequel. The actor, who has co-starred in THE HILLS HAVE EYES and MIRRORS remakes. According to Zombie, Buzzington is slipping into the shoes of character "Ned Atkins - beer delivery man for The Rabbit In Red Club. Unfortunately Ezra's scene were cut from Halloween, so he had to come back and rock it again." The sequel begins shooting February 23rd in Atlanta, Georgia. It's due for release August 28th. Tyler Mane is back as Michael Myers, more casting announcements are expected to roll out this week.

steverules_2
August, seems like this movie is coming quicker than I thought, I think I will go see it smile I wonder how it'll compare to the original sequel

MildPossession

steverules_2
3 films? Hmmm so there's gonna be 3 halloween films

A.D. Skinner
I think calling it a remake is a unfair clarification. Halloween by Zombie was his take on a classic. He added quite a lot of character buildup, as well as a few new turns to the plot.

I wouldn't say it was the worst movie I have seen, and frankly I am one that will be looking forward to the new release of H2

steverules_2
Me to smile

Tommy Jarvis
I'm actually looking forward to this, and I know a lot of people hated the first, but I really enjoyed it (aside from Michael having a hick family). I have some links to post but can't post them at the moment. Once I get a chance, I'll post them.

MildPossession
Did you miss the Horror section?

Tommy Jarvis
Sorry if I accidentally posted in the wrong section, no need to be sarcastic.

steverules_2
Didn't I do this already? haermm Talk about your deja vu sly Mods can either close or link the two

Original thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f58/t500473.html

MildPossession
It's not hard to miss stick out tongue

Darth Martin
I am looking forward to this as well. IMO Zombie's version was better than Carpenders. That's just me.

MildPossession
You suck stick out tongue

Tommy Jarvis
I liked Zombie's version more as well, because Michael was just huge. I'm glad Tyler is coming back for H2. Should be good.

starlock
Zombies remake was ok....i would give the sequel a chance...but it should never be held up to the original.....sorry but its got no chance.

steverules_2
Original part 2 was pretty good (for a horror sequel)

MildPossession
I can't believe someone liked the remake over the original because Myers was BIGGER...

Oh dear.

steverules_2
I can't believe someone liked the remake over the original because Myers was BIGGER...

Oh dear.

I liked it more than the original because

And thats my list so far of why it's better smile

Tommy Jarvis

Oh dear.

I never said that was the only reason, but it helps when the killer is someone imposing, and not someone who looks to be barely of average height.

MildPossession
Well it worked fine in the original. It also worked well not knowing much about the killer, unlike the remakes mistake.

Tommy Jarvis
I will agree it was a mistake showing us too much about young Michael, but nevertheless I enjoy the remake.

The Heap
Originally posted by Tommy Jarvis
I will agree it was a mistake showing us too much about young Michael, but nevertheless I enjoy the remake.

I think Zombie just wanted to show that, in a way, it is possible...

Just take a child with an awful childhood, and a painful past, and you could wind up with a killer on your hand's...

Anyway, I prefer the remake compared to the original. I found that Micheal this time was actually intimidating and not some robot with no personality.

Just my two cent's.

Tommy Jarvis
I also think they made Laurie a little smarter....I know it's a horror movie but who seemingly kills someone, then lies around, even after he had already come back once?

steverules_2
I prefer the original but thats just my opinion...I liked the remake...but not as much as the original

Tommy Jarvis
I like both, and I actually think they are the only two good movies of the entire Halloween franchise. The original H2 sucked.....

steverules_2
I liked it...thought the whole Michael wanting to kill Laurie cause she's his sister gave an excuse for why he wanted to kill her...but that kinda ruined it for me

Tommy Jarvis
I really thought it was a poor follow up to what is a classic movie.

steverules_2
What I liked about Part 1 was that a killer escaped...and he was going on a murderous rampage through a small quiet and peaceful town...part 2 had MM after Laurie again and they needed a reason I'm guessing...and so they through in the whole Laurie and MM are related thing. I think they coulda just had it that MM just wanted to kill her but I dunno much about directing or storymaking myself.

Tommy Jarvis
I didn't mind the part about them being related, because that makes him seem crazier, it was just poorly executed. This version of H2 is looking to be much more awesome.

steverules_2
I am looking forward to it

Tommy Jarvis
As am I. I'll likely be in the theaters opening day.

steverules_2
I may go with some friends or a date

Tommy Jarvis
This one girl I like who is a few years older missed out on seeing F13 so I'll try taking her to see this one, hopefully.

steverules_2
Worth a try

Tommy Jarvis
Indeed it is.

I hear Daeg Faerch may not be returning.....they said he's too big to play young Michael now.

steverules_2
I dunno if there would be much point in showing any more young michael scenes, I think they did plenty of them for the first movie

Tommy Jarvis
Exactly, unless it's something real quick like Michael seeing a kid that reminds him of his younger self and they show a quick flash. Other than that, we don't need flashbacks.

Btw, something I keep wondering is why people are saying the first movie was horrible. It was a re-imagining, and it did a pretty good job if you ask me. Yes, it was different than the original, but it was good as a reimagining.

steverules_2
I didn't hate it but I didn't love it

Tommy Jarvis
I loved it, the only flaw for me was making his family a bunch of hicks. Would've made him much more psychotic if they were really nice to him (maybe excluding his sister) and he snapped anyway.

steverules_2
I liked the original because it was like he'd actually been taken over by the devil himself

Tommy Jarvis
The only weird thing about the original is that it seemed like they made him supernatural out of thin air towards the end of the movie.

steverules_2
No I think it was that he was meant to be like Satan...like the Devil, like he couldn't be stopped...I think that pretty much already clear when he got stabbed in the eye and neck and so on

Tommy Jarvis
That was cool and all, and I liked that, but his presence wasn't too intimidating to me. I think Tyler Mane is the best Michael Myers to date. He did so much with the character, and I really liked the movements and how he could showcase so much emotion without speaking.

MildPossession
It was the sixth one that brought in all the crap full on supernatural stuff.

Also, I must be in the minority of people who like Halloween H20 stick out tongue

steverules_2
It was the sixth one that brought in all the crap full on supernatural stuff.

Also, I must be in the minority of people who like Halloween H20 stick out tongue

WITCH! ahah

MildPossession
stick out tongue stick out tongue

steverules_2
stick out tongue stick out tongue

...how long can you hold your breath? biscuits

Blinky
Zombies remake made Myers seem like a whinny little emo-b*tch who shopped at Hot Topic. In Zombie's bastardization Michael Myers is supposed to be a product of a "bad childhood" (which compared to some people I know his childhood was like an episode of Full House). Myers was a dumb kid who had self esteem & mommy issues, not a being touched by satan himself. The whole point of the Original was that Myers was just evil inherently.

Zombie ruined the spirit of Halloween. He will try to make up for a shitty movie by showing T & A and tons of gore, then teeny-boopers will eat it up and give shit-stained grins. I'll pass on this one.

Tommy Jarvis
Where did they say he had mommy issues when his mother in fact was the only one supporting him out of his family? Also, I think it'd have been stupid to copy Halloween word for word, it was nice to see a new interpretation, that's why it was called a re-imagining. It'd be ****ing boring to see the same movie made twice in 29 years. Both the re-imagining and the remake are awesome in my eyes for different reasons. I bet if they never tried labeling it a remake people wouldn't even be whining so much. Zombie is awesome, I don't care what anyone says.

steverules_2
Where did they say he had mommy issues when his mother in fact was the only one supporting him out of his family? Also, I think it'd have been stupid to copy Halloween word for word, it was nice to see a new interpretation, that's why it was called a re-imagining. It'd be ****ing boring to see the same movie made twice in 29 years. Both the re-imagining and the remake are awesome in my eyes for different reasons. I bet if they never tried labeling it a remake people wouldn't even be whining so much. Zombie is awesome, I don't care what anyone says.

Tbh if they'd gone and slapped a nine at the end and said it wasn't a remake I think people watching might disagree sly May not be exactly the same but in general ways of storyline it's an almost perfect match except for the odd few changes 313

Originally posted by Blinky
Zombies remake made Myers seem like a whinny little emo-b*tch who shopped at Hot Topic. In Zombie's bastardization Michael Myers is supposed to be a product of a "bad childhood" (which compared to some people I know his childhood was like an episode of Full House). Myers was a dumb kid who had self esteem & mommy issues, not a being touched by satan himself. The whole point of the Original was that Myers was just evil inherently.

Zombie ruined the spirit of Halloween. He will try to make up for a shitty movie by showing T & A and tons of gore, then teeny-boopers will eat it up and give shit-stained grins. I'll pass on this one.

Well....I guess you really enjoyed the remake then 131

MildPossession
Not very long, I don't like my head under water... stick out tongue

Blog here full of Halloween 2 stuff, mostly behind the scenes photos and so on.

http://www.theblackbunny.blogspot.com/

Tommy Jarvis
This movie is shaping up to be awesome, it'll be really nice to see how the characters that survive have matured from enduring said events from the last film.

steverules_2
Not very long, I don't like my head under water... stick out tongue

Blog here full of Halloween 2 stuff, mostly behind the scenes photos and so on.

http://www.theblackbunny.blogspot.com/

Your just making me want to do it now haermm Tell ya what, since I am nice, I'll hold you under water until you stop moving and the bubbles stop

This movie is shaping up to be awesome, it'll be really nice to see how the characters that survive have matured from enduring said events from the last film.

Matured? It's only like...a hour or so after the events of that night or something like that

Tommy Jarvis
No, the beginning is taking place after that night's events, but due to legal issues it can't take place in a hospital or in the same timeframe of the first events as they did in the original movie, which I'm really glad to hear.

steverules_2
Still I doubt they mature

MildPossession
Not over night, hardly any lol.

steverules_2
Hush you, your meant to be drowning ahah Yeah...they don't mature over night! DAMN YOU TJ!!

Tommy Jarvis
Well, the event would likely help them mature in some form or another, especially if it doesn't take place directly after the first movie.

steverules_2
It would effect them mentally..I mean at the end of zombies remake she shoots mike in the head and blood sprays on her and she screams..so I think thats kinda...bad

Tommy Jarvis
Of course it'd affect them mentally....I want to see how they evolve and move on respectively.

steverules_2
I don't think they are skipping ahead 10 years later in no.2

Tommy Jarvis
They don't have to in order to be able to show them as being somewhat smarter.

steverules_2
Being neally killed doesn't make you smarter or mature you in anyway I think...I think it may make you a stronger person and strong spirited

Tommy Jarvis
I mean smarter in how they handle the situations that will arise when Michael returns.

steverules_2
But they think he's dead

Tommy Jarvis

I mean when he's actually attacking them. Maybe next time Annie will think before trying to get into a knife fight with Michael, and Laurie will be smarter in her attempted escapes from Michael.

steverules_2
Dunno if that can be counted as a knige fight...Laurie made her escapes...rather well

Tommy Jarvis
Lol, it wasn't really a knife fight, more like her grabbing a knife, screaming, and getting ***** smacked, but still, it's funnier if you see it as a possible knife fight. laughing out loud

As for Laurie, she did well for herself, but I'd like to see her do even better. She was better at escaping than Curtis' version, IMO. Curtis' version was a complete idiot in the first movie.

steverules_2
She fell down some stairs...and she wasn't even on the stairs, she just fell over the part that even a blinde old lady would not fall over

Tommy Jarvis
And lied down on a couch when she believed she killed Michael who wouldn't have even gotten in the house had she actually closed the windows....oh and when she thought she killed him when she was in the closet and decided to take her sweet time walking away....

steverules_2
Well you know after you stab a guy in the neck and eye you'd think he'd be dead...she didn't know he was impossible to kill

Tommy Jarvis
I think being stabbed in the neck is something you can survive if it's not deep enough....and even if she thought he was dead, why lie down when you could be getting the hell outta dodge?

steverules_2
Outta dodge? Tbh from what I saw she got him pretty good in the neck, it would kill any other man...just look and how deep she put into his neck. And then he got stabbed in the eye and that looked like something that would kill you

Tommy Jarvis
Either way, I'm not gonna just lie around after experiencing something like that.

steverules_2
100th post yay Happy Dance

I think I'd keep stabbing at him...then get a rocket launcher...and blow his balls off...see if he survivies that...oh and shove a grenade in his mouth

MildPossession
But you are holding me under water, so you are going to do all that with one hand?

steverules_2
Yes...I am able to multi task smile

Tommy Jarvis
Daeg has been officially recast as young Michael Myers, I shall post the link a little bit later.

steverules_2
Cool...I used to think he was a chick

Tommy Jarvis
So did I....I watched the commercials and was wondering....who the hell is that girl? A few months later I get the DVD and turns out it's a guy.

quanchi112
I hope this one will be ten times better than the remake which was garbage in my eyes.

steverules_2
I didn't mind it...original will always be better in my eyes

MildPossession
Original IS better. stick out tongue

steverules_2
Original IS better. stick out tongue

Well every man, woman and child knows that....apart from TJ who doesn't appear to be human hmm you two could date stick out tongue

Tommy Jarvis
How the hell did you know I wasn't human? *reaches for gun*

steverules_2
Oh come on you MP could have beautiful tentacled babies haermm Was kinda obvious TJ wink

Tommy Jarvis
Was it the greenish glow that gave me away. wink

steverules_2
Plus you prefer the remake to the original...or am I getting mixed up again

MildPossession
Humans and tentacled whatevers don't mix!

Toku King
The first one was bad enough. Rob Zombie just loves being on Michael Myers' grave.

steverules_2
I dunno...I guess the tentacled thing may be from your side stick out tongue

Tommy Jarvis
Originally posted by steverules_2
Plus you prefer the remake to the original...or am I getting mixed up again

There are tons of people who prefer the remake over the original. wink

steverules_2
There are tons of people who prefer the remake over the original. wink

Prove it sly I mean I got my proof in this thread that people prefer the original smile

MildPossession
Those people are idiots, idiots with tentacles.

Tommy Jarvis
Prove it sly I mean I got my proof in this thread that people prefer the original smile

Well, there are only a few dozen whom have posted in this thread, but over 300 million more people in the U.S., and 6.6 billion in the entire world. sly

steverules_2
Well, there are only a few dozen whom have posted in this thread, but over 300 million more people in the U.S., and 6.6 billion in the entire world. sly

Ahhh but not everyone has seen halloween original and remake...I mean I'm not saying I have proof in the outside world that people prefer the remake, I'm just saying as it stands atm I have more proof that people prefer the original, but only people who have posted...you may be right that more people prefer the remake but atm I have more evidence to say that people prefer the original than the remake...if you find any evidence to show people prefer the remake then I will admit defeat wink

Tommy Jarvis
I'm not going to really try to get into this because in the end, it's all up to personal preference.

Impediment
You mean halloween 2007 wink

Yeah. My bad. ninja

steverules_2
I'm not going to really try to get into this because in the end, it's all up to personal preference.

Well some people may have just seen the remake erm But yeah it's best not to really dwell on this

Has there been a release date? I could see this maybe having a 2010 release, most likely on October 31st for certain known reasons

MildPossession
Nah, they are hoping for a release on August 28th, this year.

steverules_2
Oh...well that was my next guess

Tommy Jarvis
I think it could end up getting pushed back a little, if they feel they need more time to promote the film, that is.

steverules_2
I hope Laurie finds out that Michaels her brother in this one...which I am pretty sure she will

Tommy Jarvis
She really needs to find out, I think Loomis should tell her, or maybe let it slip somehow.

steverules_2
Either way she needs to find out

Tommy Jarvis
Indeed she does.

You think Annie will die this time around.

steverules_2
I dunno....is it in a hospital the sequel?

Tommy Jarvis
The beginning is (as in the first few minutes), but not the entire film.

steverules_2
Then maybe he should kill her there, I have a picture in my mind that Michael is outside her room, she's crying as she see's him walk in and stand above her...she's clicking her little nurse button but no one's coming and then...he kills her

Tommy Jarvis
Michael has a gunshot wound to the head to deal with, and from what I know, he's dormant for a year, so him killing her at the hospital on the same night he was shot would be....lame (to me).

steverules_2
He's not gonna take 20 years to get over that...he's Michael Myers dude! Chances are he could get up and kill her on that night, but it's nice that my thought is 'lame' to you

Tommy Jarvis
It doesn't have to take 20 years, but he is out for a year or so from what I believe, no killings will transpire in the hospital because of the original H2. Also, I'm not saying your idea is lame, just that him coming back the exact same night he was shot seems lame.

steverules_2
Happened in the original

Tommy Jarvis
He was already supernatural in the original, in the remake he's not.

steverules_2
He got shot in the head...and he's still alive...and thats not supernatural?

Tommy Jarvis
People can survive some crazy shit, bro, it's not too unlikely that he'd survive it.

steverules_2
You saw how many times he got shot by loomis right? If he's not supernatural then he's got a leprechaun

Tommy Jarvis
Yep, he got shot three times by Loomis and once by a cop, then the shot to the face from Laurie.

Idk....I just don't know how it'll end up in the end. I heard he's dormant for a year....so unless he's in a coma, the only thing I can think of would be him having memory loss for a while.

steverules_2
Like in no.2?

Tommy Jarvis
He had memory loss in that movie?

steverules_2
No but after no.2 he was in a coma

Tommy Jarvis
Oh, sorry dude, I've only seen the first two movies of the original franchise. But yeah, he could potentially be in a coma, and then come out of it a year later.

steverules_2
Yeah...they reveal in no.4 he'd been in a coma after Loomis set Mike's supernatural butt on fire

Tommy Jarvis
Oh, interesting. But I'm hoping that this doesn't follow the original franchise's path with Loomis dying off. He's too awesome.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>