lumiya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

onewiththeforce
who would u say had the same power int he force as lumiya in LoTF of the PT jedi

Lord Lucien
Ben. And Mara.

Publius II
PT Jedi, noob.

And to answer your question, lots of people are as or more powerful than Lumiya. She isn't exceptional in that department.

Lord Lucien
Damn my never reading the end of grammatically poor sentences. Zett.

Publius II
Ahsoka.

Seriously.

onewiththeforce
would u say she was as strong as any one on the council

Lord Lucien
Yes, but I'd hate myself afterwards.

Publius II
Originally posted by onewiththeforce
would u say she was as strong as any one on the council Lumiya? While I have no doubt that she could defeat at least a few of them in a duel, I don't know if we can conclusively say that she is more powerful than any of them.

Darth Truculent
With the Force? Lumiya is no match for anyone on the council - lightsaber against lightwhip - that is a good question. Luke tried three times and finally got her on the third because she tripped. Kyp could probably take her in lightsaber and definitely with the Force.

kotorfan
how come kyp is now better than Luke with a lightsaber? and Kyp doesn't have a shoto as I recall it..

Lord Lucien
Just where Kyp excels.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by kotorfan
how come kyp is now better than Luke with a lightsaber? and Kyp doesn't have a shoto as I recall it..

kyps isnt better than luke with a lightsaber.

unless there is a quote or a source as of LOTF that says otherwise.

Darth Truculent
Lumiya is a seriously watered-down Emperor's Hand. Lumiya would not be able to take anyone on the Jedi Council. She may give Corran a headache, but still would lose easily. When Luke fought her, he had to deal with the possibilty of collatoral damage to civilians thus imparing his fighting ability.

For the record I never said Kyp was better than Luke with a lightsaber or the Force. I meant to say that Kyp is an excellent swordsman and abnormally strong in the Force. In "Dark Journey" Kyp was able to dispell FL by narrowing his eyes. That's incredibly strong and Lumiya definitely would not be able to defeat Kyp.

Captain REX
Lumiya could not comfortably defeat anyone on the Jedi Council, I don't think. She posed a viable threat to Luke Skywalker when he was still developing his skills shortly after Return of the Jedi.

After all, she is part cyborg and received training from the Emperor more as a spy and assassin rather than a warrior.

Lord Lucien
Her lightwhip would be her only advantage that I can think of and the Council's unfamiliarity with it.

Darth Truculent
Agreed Lucien. But Saba and Kyp are very agressive fighters and if they got into knife fighting range of Lumiya, she wouldn't stange a chance. She couldn't counter Kyp's strength in the Force or Saba's melee combat skills.

Lord Lucien
Oh I was talking about the PT council. The NJO Council seems to be more experienced with such oddities.

Darth Truculent
My appologies. NJO Council seems a bit dysfunctional. But you are still correct - Jedi typically do not use such an aggressive weapon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.