A theoretical idea: what if it was Galen Marek, not Obi-Wan who 1st trained Luke?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
If Galen Marek (Jedi) survived the encounter, would he have been a better Master to Luke before Yoda? You have to take into account that Galen was younger and physically stronger than Obi-Wan and at times seemed stronger in the Force than Obi-Wan - opinions anyone?

Darth Sexy
Marek was in no position to teach anybody.

Darth Truculent
Let me elaborate - if he continued with the rebellion and was on Yavin IV when Luke arrived, obviously Galen would sense his presence right? If he began to train Luke, would he have been a far better Master? It is safe to assume that Luke would go on to study under Yoda, but would Galen give him more insight than Obi-Wan?

Lord Lucien
A lovely "what if." We have no idea how good of a teacher he would have been.

Publius II
This is actually a very interesting scenario.

Darth Sexy
While marek is a purely offensive force user, I don't he's learned nearly enough to become a master or teacher of anybody.

xxxpoppunker182
Galen would be horrible to teach luke obi-wan is by far WAY better of a teacher than Galen would ever be.

kotorfan
this is interesting.. but then galen has no xp and has been a student all his life while obi1 has taught anakin and learned from his previous mistakes.

Lord Lucien
I still find it difficult to accept Galen's sudden recovery from the Dark. My skepticism leads me to feel he would make a lot of mistakes training Luke.

Then again if Galen lived, his own emerging power could possibly topple the Emperor, making Luke unnecessary.

Gideon
He wouldn't have lived. Palpatine would probably have invested everything into hunting him down.

Lord Lucien
I've wondered why Palpatine never invested everything into destroying the Rebellion. He could have if he really tried, Endor's orbit can hold more than a couple dozen destroyers. But I guess dealing with a Jedi that could do in Vader is a bit more pressing of a matter.

Gideon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I've wondered why Palpatine never invested everything into destroying the Rebellion. He could have if he really tried, Endor's orbit can hold more than a couple dozen destroyers. But I guess dealing with a Jedi that could do in Vader is a bit more pressing of a matter.

It's the gaping plothole of TFU. Bail Organa and Leia Organa continued to remain powerful public officials.

xxxpoppunker182
his arrogance was his weakness he never saw the rebellion as a threat............ever

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
his arrogance was his weakness he never saw the rebellion as a threat............ever Really? Not even when a couple rebel starfighters blew up a moon-sized space station?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
If Galen Marek (Jedi) survived the encounter, would he have been a better Master to Luke before Yoda? You have to take into account that Galen was younger and physically stronger than Obi-Wan and at times seemed stronger in the Force than Obi-Wan - opinions anyone?

interesting

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Really? Not even when a couple rebel starfighters blew up a moon-sized space station?

watch ROTJ when vader brings luke to the emperor and somewhere between when he arrives to where vader throws the emperor overboard and it's pretty clear that he doesn't think they are a big threat.

Gideon
He tells Vader outright in TFU that if the Rebellion wasn't extinguished, they'd destroy him. He obviously recognizes the threat they pose, even though he's not fond of their chances.

Cpt. Valerian
It would indeed be interesting to see how Galen would've handled the situation. But I seriously doubt he'd be a better teacher than Kenobi.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Gideon
He tells Vader outright in TFU that if the Rebellion wasn't extinguished, they'd destroy him. He obviously recognizes the threat they pose, even though he's not fond of their chances.

exactly he's not fond of their chances that's why he doesn't invest everything into destroying them right away.

Lord Lucien
But he did consider them a threat. Enough of a threat to formulate a risky plan to annihilate them at Endor.

xxxpoppunker182
i wouldn't call it risky at all. but he under estimated the rebels is why he didn't put all of his time trying to get rid of them.

Lord Lucien
Iunno, letting the Rebels get their hands on the bypass codes to the shield, land an assault team, and bring their fleet within hundreds of kilometers of the Death Star that he himself is on... there's risk there.

xxxpoppunker182
I see your point but HE(palpatine) didn't think it was risky because the second death star was fully operational, AND he didn't realize that a bunch of primitive ewoks could take on storm troops with rocks and slingshots.....

honestly if you were the emperor and you had a bunch of troops on endor would you expect that the ewoks would be able to take on storm troopers.

Lord Lucien
If I were the Emperor, I wouldn't let the assault team go anywhere. Blow em up, wait for the fleet, take them out. And I'd use about 100 ships.

xxxpoppunker182
you aren't arrogant, you're merciless. you'd make a good emperor

Darth Truculent
Luke obviously became a quasi Jedi at the end of ROTJ, but so was Galen. Both men had not realized their full potential. Marek's life was cut short when he sacrificed himself to begin the rebellion. But, I believe he was strong enough to begin Luke on his journey to become a Jedi Knight. Obi-Wan was dead at the time he arrived at Yavin IV and if Galen was there, he be the closest person to a Jedi other than Yoda. I believe that he would teach Luke certain powers of the Force and lightsaber techniques that he knew. Yoda would have had a more refined student than the one that he met initially. The Luke that Vader met on Cloud City and finally on the DS would have been far far more powerful, than the Luke in the ESB & ROTJ. If Force Repulse is a power that Galen knew well, it would have been one of Luke's more devasting abilities.

Other than Dooku and Obi-Wan, Galen was the only other Force user who was able to defeat Anakin/Vader in Force and Lightsaber.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
you aren't arrogant, you're merciless. you'd make a good emperor Why thank you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.