War of Prep Masters: Marvel vs DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Both teams get 1 month of prep and all the resources at their disposal. They will fight at the end of the month. Which team would win this prep war?

DC:
Darkseid (Leader)
Brainiac (Chief Scientist)
Batman (Chief Tactician and Strategist)
Lex Luthor (Weapons Expert)
Cyborg Superman (Technology Expert/Master Builder)
John Stewart (Energy Manipulator)

vs

Marvel:
Thanos (Leader)
Reed Richards (Chief Scientist)
Dr. Doom (Chief Tactician and Strategist)
Apocalypse (Weapons Expert)
Tony Stark (Technology Expert)
Silver Surfer (Matter and Energy Manipulator)
Forge (Master Builder)

TricksterPriest
Darkseid is unfair. New God technology tips the scales too much.

Sin I AM
apocalypse, tony and forge ?

team dc for the win

Bouboumaster
Team Marvel.

You put Thanos, the dude who outpreps Marvel Universe with Forge, the guy who have the power to create anything?

Spite! Marvel win.

And I haven't even start speaking of Doom and Richards.

Mrblonde
Doesn't Apocalypse have some sort of access to Celestial tech ?... if so Marvel wins

xJLxKing
Dc. They out class marvel

Nihilist
change surfer for kang

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Team Marvel.

You put Thanos, the dude who outpreps Marvel Universe with Forge, the guy who have the power to create anything?

Spite! Marvel win.

And I haven't even start speaking of Doom and Richards.

Darkseid brings with him all the resources of Apokolips and NEW GOD technology. Which blows all the other tech out of the water. And New God tech has destroyed UNIVERSES. Not to mention boom tubes and motherboxes, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

And in case you forgot, Darkseid can retrieve items from time or send them backwards with his Omega Effect, under his own power.

Darkseid even on his own power tips the scales too much, giving him all his resources is outright spite against Marvel.

Bentley
Kang should've been in. Still, its true that DS's base tech is plain better than the others, it would be only be fair to put Galactus's tech or Arishem's at the very least to match them -or beat them, your pick-.

Kang has destroyed universes though...

TricksterPriest
Kang is better, but you're right that Galactus would be needed.

And btw, it was a mere Motherbox that destroyed a universe. Yeah, you heard me. no expression

Badabing
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Yeah, you heard me. no expression What did you say? dur

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Badabing
What did you say? dur

I said: "Tell me punk, do you feel lucky? Cause I have a boom tube set to the Source Wall and it's in my hand. My hand's itchy though, so I might not hit it before you move. So tell me again punk, do you feel lucky?" smokin'

Starscream M
Darkseid brings with him all the resources of Apokolips and NEW GOD technology. Which blows all the other tech out of the water. And New God tech has destroyed UNIVERSES. Not to mention boom tubes and motherboxes, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

And in case you forgot, Darkseid can retrieve items from time or send them backwards with his Omega Effect, under his own power.

Darkseid even on his own power tips the scales too much, giving him all his resources is outright spite against Marvel. what good is the ability to destroy universes when you are fighting your opponent on the same planet?

It's like giving me a nuclear bomb to fight off a mugger...its way to powerful and it would kill me as well.

Also, tech edge isn't the sole determinant of this war, tactics and strategy are key components as well.

psycho gundam
team marvel already have 2 infinity gems from the get go, reed can just gather the rest from his illuminati chums. they're also capable of creating cosmic containment units.

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam
team marvel already have 2 infinity gems from the get go, reed can just gather the rest from his illuminati chums. they're also capable of creating cosmic containment units. good point...which 2 gems btw?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Starscream M
what good is the ability to destroy universes when you are fighting your opponent on the same planet?

It's like giving me a nuclear bomb to fight off a mugger...its way to powerful and it would kill me as well.

Also, tech edge isn't the sole determinant of this war, tactics and strategy are key components as well.

facepalm Darkseid masterminded Countdown, DOTNG (at least somewhat retconned, but we know he defeated New Genesis) and Final Crisis. Not to mention being a key linchpin of the assault on Anti-Monitor during COIE.

Starscream M
facepalm Darkseid masterminded Countdown, DOTNG (at least somewhat retconned, but we know he defeated New Genesis) and Final Crisis. Not to mention being a key linchpin of the assault on Anti-Monitor during COIE. did I ever say DS or the DC side wasn't strong tactically? no

I merely pointed out that one should not frame the outcome of this battle solely based on technological edge.

Enyalus
Darkseid is unfair. New God technology tips the scales too much.

That, and Brainiac's advanced tech was also my initial impression. But I gotta give Dr. Doom, Apoc, and Surfer the edge over their counterparts Batman, Lex, and John. Plus Forge is going to have Apoc tech...

And Psycho-Gundam brings up an excellent point: Team Marvel has the Reality and Power Gems.

All that taken into account, and Team Marvel stomps.

Wei Phoenix
Marvel is missing Sage who will outprep like over 80% of them.

AlmightyKfish
Reality + Power Gem is one of the best gem combo's you can get w/o the entire gauntlet.

Also, Forge can create, anything.

And he has a month with one of the most intelligent entities in the MU, along with Doom and Reed. And if Apoc knows specs for some of his celestial tech, Forge could build some insane weapons and tech.

tsscls
Batkick.
FTW.

Badabing
Originally posted by tsscls
Batkick.
FTW. biscuits

Anti-Monitor
Marvel wins, because of the IG Gems.

Original Smurph
Reed and Tony have IG gems, Marvel team has Thanos.

Marvel wins.

Slaanesh
Marvel FTW..no one can defeat Thanos with prep..he's the God of Prep..

tsscls
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Marvel FTW..no one can defeat Thanos with prep..he's the God of Prep..
The Batkick can take out Thanos w/IG + The living Tribunal.
Happy Dance

Enyalus
The Batkick can take out Thanos w/IG + The living Tribunal.

Man, you know Reed is going to build a device to transfer the kinetic energy outputted by the Batkick, magnify it, and send it back at the DC Team for the one-shot team kill.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Enyalus
Man, you know Reed is going to build a device to transfer the kinetic energy outputted by the Batkick, magnify it, and send it back at the DC Team for the one-shot team kill.
Not before the Batpunch comes in

Slaanesh
Originally posted by xJLxKing

Doom will find a way to steal the Batpunch power..DC is doom anyway..

tsscls
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Exactly. Anyway, the Batkick can't be harnessed or controlled, even by Doom. The Batkick is Doom.
On a related note, someone besides me, should start a Batkick respect thread.

Enyalus
Exactly. Anyway, the Batkick can't be harnessed or controlled, even by Doom.

That's a lie. Doom can steal anything.

You know that's how Mary lost her virginity, right?

tsscls
That's a lie. Doom can steal anything.

You know that's how Mary lost her virginity, right?

And you really think SBP's punches ret-conned the DCU and freed the crisis surviors from limbo? No, off panel Bat-Kicks, all the way.

iceman24567
lulz the Batkick is mighty smile

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Marvel is missing Sage who will outprep like over 80% of them. sage is good, but she's not really big picture good like doom, thanos, and uxas are.

if i were to add another character to team marvel i would pick maelstrom.

he's a universal threat almost on the scale of thanos, if not an par with him. though not as cunning and intelligent overall as the titan (but then again, who is) his plans have almost as much hatred for life as thanos' which usually means massive casualties.

Enyalus
Yeah, Maelstrom's intelligence and prep is up there.

iceman24567
You should put Lucifer on Dc if the gems are usedsmile

Bouboumaster

Darkseid even on his own power tips the scales too much, giving him all his resources is outright spite against Marvel.

Thanos know Celestial tech AND have already mess with Galactus technologies.

Same for Richards and Doom.

Both Thanos and Doom have built time machine in the past, and Richards have upgraded Doom's.

Thanos already captured Galatus and turn him into a bomb.

And they have Forge to built... well, whatever what they want.

Marvel ftw!

Enyalus
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos already captured Galatus and turn him into a bomb.

And they have Forge to built... well, whatever what they want.

Marvel ftw!

I see Thanos and Forge mass-producing Omega Thanosi...hehe.

psycho gundam
I see Thanos and Forge mass-producing Omega Thanosi...hehe. apocalypse can make forge his horsemen (which usually amplifies mutant abilities) and surfer can empower him with the power cosmic wit help from thanos, making forge a mental tank.

forge can create massive neutralizer ray firing giant robot mech suits for the whole team!

pwnage..... stick out tongue

Bouboumaster
apocalypse can make forge his horsemen (which usually amplifies mutant abilities) and surfer can empower him with the power cosmic wit help from thanos, making forge a mental tank.

forge can create massive neutralizer ray firing giant robot mech suits for the whole team!

pwnage..... stick out tongue

Dude, Apocalypse is useless.

You have THANOS, RICHARDS and DOOM.

Apocalypse is nothing, lol

psycho gundam
blasphermer

apocalypse is never "useless", it's just that the writers had difficulties creating stories for him.

now that he's the "mutant messiah" figure now, maybe we'll get more cool shit again. and the whole celestial pact deal is unfinished, maybe he'll get an upgrade or something *shrugs*

Enyalus
and the whole celestial pact deal is unfinished, maybe he'll get an upgrade or something *shrugs*

See, now that would be cool.

iceman24567
Darkseid has the ale if means anything.

psycho gundam
he owes them something, maybe he will be their emissary or something.

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567
Darkseid has the ale if means anything.

In this fight, it doesn't.

Bouboumaster
blasphermer

apocalypse is never "useless", it's just that the writers had difficulties creating stories for him.

now that he's the "mutant messiah" figure now, maybe we'll get more cool shit again. and the whole celestial pact deal is unfinished, maybe he'll get an upgrade or something *shrugs*

He wouldn't be useless... If they're weren't Thanos, Richards and Doom.

iceman24567
In this fight, it doesn't. Yeah I guess an equation capable of enslaving any sentient being doesn't matter in such a fight using ale he pwned Dc earth but its doesn't matter in this fight no expression

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567
Yeah I guess an equation capable of enslaving any sentient being doesn't matter in such a fight using ale he pwned Dc earth but its doesn't matter in this fight no expression

It really doesn't. Reality and Power Gems get given to Thanos, and Thanos goes, "No ALE for Darkseid during this battle." And it happens. Laws of physics be damned.

Sin I AM
hmmm reed has two of the greatest weapons in MU at his disposal, the UN and his son

Enyalus
Originally posted by Sin I AM
hmmm reed has two of the greatest weapons in MU at his disposal, the UN and his son

**** his son.

'Whining little *****' is what Franklin's title should be.

Sin I AM
**** his son.

'Whining little *****' is what Franklin's title should be.

tell mama how u really feel honey lol, franklin would solo team dc

Enyalus
Originally posted by Sin I AM
tell mama how u really feel honey lol, franklin would solo team dc

Oh, I'd do more than talk to his mom...

As for him though, he makes me want to vomit. sick

Mindset
Lol you see him wishing for powers in the latest F4?

loser

Enyalus
He needs to be stuffed in a refrigerator.

TricksterPriest
It really doesn't. Reality and Power Gems get given to Thanos, and Thanos goes, "No ALE for Darkseid during this battle." And it happens. Laws of physics be damned.

That is an insult. The ALE far exceeds the gems. Not to mention, only one side of this fight has protection from temporal assaults. And New God tech can easily travel through time.

Enyalus
That is an insult. The ALE far exceeds the gems.

No.

Not to mention, only one side of this fight has protection from temporal assaults.

And no.

And New God tech can easily travel through time.

Yay! ...So can multiple people on the Marvel side.

TricksterPriest
Except New God tech is just plain better at time travel. And yes, team DC is protected, because Darkseid has temporal awareness. Not to mention he can use the Omega Effect to attack at a point in the future.

Mindset
How is it better a time travel?

TricksterPriest
Boom tube, mobius chair, history of involvement in human affairs since the earliest age of humanity.

Enyalus
And yes, team DC is protected, because Darkseid has temporal awareness. Not to mention he can use the Omega Effect to attack at a point in the future.

I wasn't arguing that they weren't protected. I said they weren't the only ones who were.

Boom tube, mobius chair, history of involvement in human affairs since the earliest age of humanity.

So have the Celestials...which use Celestial tech, which at least three members of this team have access to.

Mindset
Boom tube, mobius chair, history of involvement in human affairs since the earliest age of humanity. And how does that make their time travel better?

Bouboumaster

They have Surfer that can navigate for fun in time and space. So what.

Thanos used GALACTUS to make a bomb.

Thanos is so good at tech that he used GALACTUS, the most powerful mortal being in the MU and turn him into a universe destroying bomb.

Mindset
Doom used Galactus tech as well.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom used Galactus tech as well.

Heh, that's a good point. Galactus' has had longer to develop his tech than the New Gods have had. And he's a scientist. Figures that his tech would be more advanced.

TricksterPriest
Debatable. Humanity has gone through several ages, and New Gods were the first of the great races. Sorry, Old Gods. But the New Gods have the same technology.

Mindset
TP...
Originally posted by Mindset
And how does that make their time travel better?

cloud102
That's a pretty weak lineup for DC. That's not even dc's best to offer. Plus you have Reed, Thanos, Stark all on the same lineup. Stomp on Marvel's side. Well not really a stomp, but they win a solid majority, despite a New God on the DC team. Replace some people here and there and it would be a better fight.

Enyalus
Debatable. Humanity has gone through several ages, and New Gods were the first of the great races. Sorry, Old Gods. But the New Gods have the same technology.

Dunno about that. Old Gods had things like Gog, and Madeggon. And then there's Wonderworld. And the P. Giants. stick out tongue

Doom and Gloom
Change Marvels team leader from Thanos to The Watcher and it's a curbstomp

D_Dude1210
Marvel Team grabs the Infinity gems from Reed's Illuminati chums, Thanos grabs the HotU and Doom grabs pre-retcon Beyonder's power.

Marvel Team curbstomps.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Marvel Team grabs the Infinity gems from Reed's Illuminati chums, Thanos grabs the HotU and Doom grabs pre-retcon Beyonder's power.

Marvel Team curbstomps.

Bats just borrows the cosmic armor from Superman

Uxas Khan
Darksied could solo

cloud102
Dunno about that. Old Gods had things like Gog, and Madeggon. And then there's Wonderworld. And the P. Giants. stick out tongue

The Old Gods were trying to prison Mageddon not use it. Wonderworld are separate beingd and P. Giants have nothing to do with them from what I know.

Uxas Khan
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Bats just borrows the cosmic armor from Superman cosmic armour is not above hotu and beyonder combined

D_Dude1210
Cosmic armor gets one shotted by the combined power of the HotU, IG and the Beyonder power.

The released power then vaporizes the entire multiverse.

Result: Stalemate.

skygunner41
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Cosmic armor gets one shotted by the combined power of the HotU, IG and the Beyonder power.

The released power then vaporizes the entire multiverse.

Result: Stalemate.

Everyone die exploded.the end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.