Marvel's Excalibur Vs Pre-Crisis Sword of Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
Which artifact is more powerful?

iceman24567
The sword would have made Superman one with the universe ....

rotiart
Yeah... I'm not sure excaliber is on that level
The amulet of merlin or Roma or whatever ...,

occultdestroyer
With the Sword of Superman, PC Supes would be like LT-level, considering the ridiculous power he had back then.
You know, those planet-exploding sneezes and array of plot devices and shit.

Galan007
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
With the Sword of Superman, PC Supes would be like LT-level As if PC Superman needs that crutch to be on LT's level? Pfft...

uhuh

xJLxKing
I never understood the sword. If he became one with the universe what would have happened?

iceman24567
What happens when any being becomes one with the universe?

DarkOdin
Originally posted by iceman24567
What happens when any being becomes one with the universe?

2 Things

1. The do nothing as they are such a higher being that anything and everything is below them.

2. They used there powers for the better good and they end up making things worse reversing everything they did and giving up said power or if they are evil they lose that power by getting out smarted from your classic hero.

Enyalus
Um, Captain Britain with the Amulet of Right and Excalibur had control over the omniverse (not the universe), allowing him to re-write the omniverse any way he wanted and the ability to toy with the timestream.

There's no way PC Supes with the Sword is beating him.

I'd probably say stalemate.

iceman24567
We are using artifact on their own we know what Captain Britain can do with the sword and the amulet by what can Excalibur do on its on?

Enyalus
We are using artifact on their own we know what Captain Britain can do with the sword and the amulet by what can Excalibur do on its on?

One would assume that in, say, Darkseid's hands the Sword of Superman would be useless. Considering by its very name, it was meant for Superman.

So what's the point of debating strictly the items themselves?

iceman24567
More than the actually items I guess he wants to know how their powers compare.

Enyalus
Okay. Well, Sword of Superman would've made Superman one with the entire universe, and he could hear God talking to him or something like that.

Excalibur allows someone to rewrite the omniverse (5-D imp powers, anyone?).

iceman24567
Not on its own no expression. What dont you understand about that?

Enyalus
Not on its own no expression. What dont you understand about that?

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3893/ex3cv1.jpg

iceman24567
What does the scan prove? Are you daft?

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
Excalibur allows someone to rewrite the omniverse (5-D imp powers, anyone?). Originally posted by Enyalus
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3893/ex3cv1.jpg I see nothing in the above scan alluding to Excalibur having some type of 'omniversal rewriting' capability. confused

Mindset
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
With the Sword of Superman, PC Supes would be like LT-level, considering the ridiculous power he had back then.
You know, those planet-exploding sneezes and array of plot devices and shit. fail facepalm

iceman24567
Originally posted by Galan007
I see nothing in the above scan alluding to Excalibur having some type of 'omniversal rewriting' capability. confused Yeah he must be smoking rocks if he thinks that scan proves anything except that Roma is daft no expression

Enyalus
I see nothing in the above scan alluding to Excalibur having some type of 'omniversal rewriting' capability. confused

It mentions having the capability to protect the omniverse. It was the only scan I could find that mentions solely the sword's power not included with the Amulet of Right. This is what it can do with the amulet:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6563/ex1gj1.jpg

shokosugi
One would assume that in, say, Darkseid's hands the Sword of Superman would be useless. Considering by its very name, it was meant for Superman.

So what's the point of debating strictly the items themselves?

Enaylus = DC hating Marvel fanboy Happy Dance

Galan007
It mentions having the capability to protect the omniverse. Being able to guard the omniverse doesn't equate to the ability to 'rewrite' it.

Not. One. Bit. jokedur

It was the only scan I could find that mentions solely the sword's power not included with the Amulet of Right. This is what it can do with the amulet:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6563/ex1gj1.jpg Are you assuming that the use of the word 'cosmos' in that scan = omniverse?

iceman24567
We know that but the thread starter probably meant for it to be on its on.

Mindset
Originally posted by shokosugi
Enaylus = DC hating Marvel fanboy Happy Dance shokosugi = idiot smile

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
shokosugi = idiot smile Mindset = clapclap

shokosugi
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3893/ex3cv1.jpg

it didnt say it has CONTROL of the universe sheeesh!! you liar!

Enyalus
Being able to guard the omniverse doesn't equate to the ability to 'rewrite' it.

Not. One. Bit. jokedur

Yeah. I know that. Look, when I said 'it has the ability to rewrite the omniverse' I was including Brian wielding it in conjunction with the Amulet of Right. Iceman (I think) pointed out that he doesn't get that here. So I looked for a scan of what Excalibur alone could do.

Are you assuming that the use of the word 'cosmos' in that scan = omniverse?

Yeah, I am. Look who's saying it. And the fact that Otherworld doesn't exist on the 616 plane, and that Roma is the omniversal guardian.

shokosugi
Mindset i really care about what you think of me. i really do. laughing

shokosugi

Yeah. I know that. Look, when I said 'it has the ability to rewrite the omniverse' I was including Brian wielding it in conjunction with the Amulet of Right. Iceman (I think) pointed out that he doesn't get that here. So I looked for a scan of what Excalibur alone could do.

Yeah, I am. Look who's saying it. And the fact that Otherworld doesn't exist on the 616 plane, and that Roma is the omniversal guardian.

thumb down thumb down thumb down thumb down FAIL

Mindset
Mindset i really care about what you think of me. i really do. laughing http://telepromptedanthems.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/u-mad1.jpg

Enyalus
Shokosugi, let's get one thing straight - I don't care about your opinion. So don't bother posting one concerning me. Like everything else you post, its garbage.

Galan007
Yeah, I am. Look who's saying it. And the fact that Otherworld doesn't exist on the 616 plane, and that Roma is the omniversal guardian. Fair enough. My only question then would be - why would they actually say the word 'omniverse' several times throughout that mini, only to say 'cosmos' in the scan you posted?

shokosugi
Shokosugi, let's get one thing straight - I don't care about your opinion. So don't bother posting one concerning me. Like everything else you post, its garbage.

hey look at me! Happy Dance

Raoul
Enaylus = DC hating Marvel fanboy Happy Dance

posts like this don't help anyone.

please don't let me see you doing it again.

Enyalus
Fair enough. My only question then would be - why would they actually say the word 'omniverse' several times throughout that mini, only to say 'cosmos' in the scan you posted?

*shrug*

Even assuming they're talking about one universe or reality, that would make my initial comment about a stalemate pretty much true.

shokosugi
Originally posted by Raoul
posts like this don't help anyone.

please don't let me see you doing it again.

ok

Galan007
*shrug*

Even assuming they're talking about one universe or reality, that would make my initial comment about a stalemate pretty much true. I'm not debating that point. thumb up

psycho gundam
hey look at me! Happy Dance you were pwnt.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Mindset
shokosugi = AJ smile

fixed,me thinks

shokosugi
Sword of Superman >>> Excalibur easily.

iceman24567
This thread is heading in the wrong direction straight to spamville no expression.

TricksterPriest
And the problem is? The nature of this thread means it was heading there anyways.

And now a youtube vid.

I2iGD5fdeFw

iceman24567
Aww I can't watch it link me to it? iphone sucks

Mr Master
............................................................................................................

Excalibur (sword of might) and the Amulet of right together can rewrite the Cosmos:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1187072_01.jpg

............................................................................................................

Cosmos, as in the Omniverse:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1187073_02.jpg

Roma said, "to wield Excalibur, is to hold the hand of GOD himself"

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1187074_03.jpg

Excalibur (alone) feats will be posted in a little while,
I have to shower now friends.

But for the tease:

Re-created an entire alternate Universe with a gesture.

Killed Mephisto with a single slash.

Terrified & effortlessly killed an entity (Jude)
that embodied the concept of Oblivion/Death & Entropy simultaneously.

I'm Bran
Britain with the sword was beaten by Mastermind... no?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.