Quasar vs Martian manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Naija boy
Classic Wendell vaughn vs Martian manhunter

Who wins?

Nihilist
Quasar

Enyalus
Originally posted by Nihilist
Quasar

psycho gundam
quantum bubble entrapment, then j'onn gets drained and teleported to some kind of intergalactic prison.

Mr Marvel
Phasing. sad

Ambient
I dont think John could phase through a revolving quantum energy field (diff. frequencies).

joshypooh
MM

Avlon
If I remember correctly, the Qbands don't protect Wendell from mindrape...

Naija boy
Originally posted by Avlon

The Q bands DO protect quasar from mind rape.

Anti-Monitor

http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=overmind.jpg

Avlon
Originally posted by Naija boy
The Q bands DO protect quasar from mind rape.

True. It's not an auto protect though. He has to "will" the bands for it. Been a while since I read with Quasar.

Carry on.

Naija boy
Acually it is autoprotect as he has preset them to protect him from mental takeover

I'm Bran
True. It's not an auto protect though. He has to "will" the bands for it. Been a while since I read with Quasar.

Carry on. Moondragon couldn't get into his mind while he was asleep.

He has to will himself to let people to read his mind, not the other way around.

iirc.

guy222
quasar wins

psycho gundam
i love your sig bro^

TricksterPriest
Granted, MM is a better telepath than Moony or whoever that guy was, but MM is also a TK I believe, and the bands only block TP.

Quasar should probably take this, but I would give Martian a few.

Edit: Marty might get it by speedblitz or taking it CQC.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Granted, MM is a better telepath than Moony or whoever that guy was, but MM is also a TK I believe, and the bands only block TP.

TricksterPriest
what? I've never seen them block TK. I'm well aware TP isn't going to work, (unless it's Fernus......shifty )

Naija boy

Quasar should probably take this, but I would give Martian a few.

Edit: Marty might get it by speedblitz or taking it CQC.

Pardon my ignorance but what is "CQC" ?

psycho gundam
what you ask? in one sentance you made two judgments on a character you obviously don't care for. why do it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

and " cqc" is close quarters combat. basically engaging an opponent within 3 meters, usually with fisticuffs/knives.

I'm Bran
What the fudge does TK have to do with Quaker's mind?

Or if you're implying he's going to TK Quaser... that's certainly going to cause a win (does MM's TK even go through objects)... and a tactic MM is sure to use.

Naija boy
Originally posted by psycho gundam
what you ask? in one sentance you made two judgments on a character you obviously don't care for. why do it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

and " cqc" is close quarters combat. basically engaging an opponent within 3 meters, usually with fisticuffs/knives.

Ah i see. well there certanly no reason for quasar to use that method of fighting.

psycho gundam
first things first, does trick even know who quasar is?

Mindset
what? I've never seen them block TK. I'm well aware TP isn't going to work, (unless it's Fernus......shifty ) Go away embarrasment

I'm Bran
first things first, does trick even know who quasar is? You, and your jokes.

Mindset
Of course he knows, TP post the Quasar link and drop some knowledge.

I'm Bran
Actually, I think TP is mad at everyone underrating DC... MM.

You guys are in for a link bomb either way.

Madvillain
Quasar 10/10

Allankles
Originally posted by Ambient
I dont think John could phase through a revolving quantum energy field (diff. frequencies).

Isn't that how jonn phases? shifting his matter to a different frequency?

Slaanesh
Quasar

Warlord
Wendel

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Charmander
Moondragon couldn't get into his mind while he was asleep.

He has to will himself to let people to read his mind, not the other way around.

iirc.

MD could get into his mind, she just couldnt control it.

as for being mind-scanned thats also happend too, and was done right after Overmind tried to take over his mind (the 2 are different actions)

as for the fight: MM is in for a fight, but can take this since Quasar doesnt have many (I think the number is around *1*) wins against ppl w/top tier STR.

Tazer

starlock
Quasar for the win

iceman24567
Originally posted by Allankles
Isn't that how jonn phases? shifting his matter to a different frequency? Yes

KuRuPT Thanosi
Wait did somebody say MM is a better TP then Moondragon.. What is the basis for this statement?

ExodusCloak
Just out of curiosity, how many telekinetic feats does Jonn have and what's his greatest feat with it?

iceman24567
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Wait did somebody say MM is a better TP then Moondragon.. What is the basis for this statement?
I don't know about that they are in the same ball park at the least.

The Nuul
Q wins.

ExodusCloak
what? I've never seen them block TK. I'm well aware TP isn't going to work, (unless it's Fernus......shifty )

Jean Grey is present here:

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Quasar/?action=view&current=quasarforcefield1.jpg

psycho gundam
the quantum bands can't effect darkforce and magic.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by ExodusCloak

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Quasar/?action=view&current=quasarforcefield1.jpg

Im not certain shes using TK there however; its s

Tazer

psycho gundam
nah, that's her telekinesis right there.

Tazer
Yo.

proof?

Tazer

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

proof?

Tazer

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Quasar/?action=view&current=quasarforcefield.jpg

Well logic would entail that Jean would used more then one of her powers to attack the forcefield especially when you consider who is in the forcefield.

But since that too is speculation if you look carefully you'll see that Jean Grey is levitating via a pink telekinetic forcefield and the energy blast is being projected from her telekinetic forcefield.

Oh and I just realized that Xavier says he just finished psi-scanning them...and that Moondragon was the one keeping him from probing further which would suggest that Jeans attack on the forcefield was telekinetic.

KuRuPT Thanosi
IMO Moondragon is MM superior when it comes to TP or TK

ExodusCloak
IMO Moondragon is MM superior when it comes to TP or TK

I'd say it depends on the version of Moondragon. Current Moondragon sans Mind Gem and Dragon of the Moons influence seems a lot weaker then she was before. I want to see how well her, Cosmo and Mantis do against Oracle in the next Guardians of the Galaxy.

I mean she got hurt quite badly by Xemnu Psi powers in Annihilation Conquest didn't she?

iceman24567
IMO MM is superior to Moondragon in tp

darthgoober
I'd say it depends on the version of Moondragon. Current Moondragon sans Mind Gem and Dragon of the Moons influence seems a lot weaker then she was before. I want to see how well her, Cosmo and Mantis do against Oracle in the next Guardians of the Galaxy.

I mean she got hurt quite badly by Xemnu Psi powers in Annihilation Conquest didn't she?
Much of MD's current "weakness" can also be attributed to her giving up some of her mental power to help restore Drax's mind.

KuRuPT Thanosi

This is true she did get hurt. I wasn't talking about current really more like past Moondragon. Competing with Xavier, Thanos, Jean Grey and doing good puts her above MM imo. What are MM best TP or TK feats.

Konton

What the hell is Wolverine trying to accomplish here?

iceman24567
Digging under the shield duh. LOL

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
Digging under the shield duh. LOL laughing out loud

That's Wolverine for ya.

iceman24567
Best laugh today ahhh good Ol' Logan LOL

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by iceman24567
IMO MM is superior to Moondragon in tp

Not sure about this

iceman24567
I said IMO like i said same ballpark

Tazer
Yo.

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Quasar/?action=view&current=quasarforcefield.jpg

Well logic would entail that Jean would used more then one of her powers to attack the forcefield especially when you consider who is in the forcefield.

But since that too is speculation if you look carefully you'll see that Jean Grey is levitating via a pink telekinetic forcefield and the energy blast is being projected from her telekinetic forcefield.

I can see yur argument, however I dont think that really a clear indicator of her launching a tk-assault as that *could just as easily be* her trying to mindblast somebody/anybody inside, and simply coming up against the protective qualities of his shield.

again, it can be argued either way.

Oh and I just realized that Xavier says he just finished psi-scanning them...and that Moondragon was the one keeping him from probing further which would suggest that Jeans attack on the forcefield was telekinetic.

not really, as the tp/psi-action the Prof was doing was simply different from wat Jean was attempting.

Tazer

psycho gundam
yeah, xavier tried a mind scan, and jean and all the other heroes were trying to break the bubble with force.

it's quite clear

Charmander
Q traps him in a bubble.

/thread

psycho gundam
beat you to it

quantum bubble entrapment, then j'onn gets drained and teleported to some kind of intergalactic prison.

Charmander
All I said was that he gets trapped in a bubble (none of that fancy word language stuff). MM's too dumb to find a way out.

Tazer
Yo.

yea......exactly WAT does Jonn get drained of again??

yeah, xavier tried a mind scan, and jean and all the other heroes were trying to break the bubble with force.

it's quite clear

not really, but its fine if U think so...........

Tazer

Charmander
Dignity?

Tazer
Yo.

wasnt aware the QBs could drain emotion; good to know.

teehee

Tazer

Charmander

I don't like the way you post. hmm

Forever Nick
Quasar would win this.

psycho gundam
Yo.

yea......exactly WAT does Jonn get drained of again??

Tazer Yo.

if he tries to use martian vision, the q bands will milk him dry.

i know so

gundam

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Charmander

I don't like the way you post. hmm

oh yea??

well Im eating ice cream.........SO THERE!!

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

if he tries to use martian vision, the q bands will milk him dry.

i know so

ahh, but MM would know this since he can still read his mind, so he would simply use his top-tier STR to break himself free........

COUNTERED!!

Tazer

psycho gundam
ummm no

KuRuPT Thanosi
again what are MM best TP or TK feats

iceman24567
again what are MM best TP or TK feats That really has no relevance on the outcome of this thread.

Tazer
Yo.

ummm no

its as valid as saying Elvis draining MM of his Martian Vision -nrg AND MM being unable to break free of his entrapment.......

Tazer

psycho gundam
Q once found out that he can drain the energies of an in dividual if they are using them, for example he caught Her (the warlock counterpart) in a quantum drain in flight and proceeded to drain her since she uses her cosmic energy to create anti-gravitons to fly. she was getting owned until she put 2 and 2 together and deactivated her power which made her go into free fall (in which quasar then caught her with a parachute made of quantum energy)

long story short, if he gets you in a bubble and then you try to use any of your powers (that can't break the bubble), you get drained and can't get out. her was lucky since she could turn her power off which allowed her to fall, if she was is a bubble before hand, she would have been helplessly drained till she was empty.

and to attest to the strength of the bubble, check out all the heroes who hammered on the bubble to no avail, it took thanos' beam to break it. (in the page following the scans shown a page back)

Tazer
Yo.

Q once found out that he can drain the energies of an in dividual if they are using them, for example he caught Her (the warlock counterpart) in a quantum drain in flight and proceeded to drain her since she uses her cosmic energy to create anti-gravitons to fly. she was getting owned until she put 2 and 2 together and deactivated her power which made her go into free fall (in which quasar then caught her with a parachute made of quantum energy)

long story short, if he gets you in a bubble and then you try to use any of your powers (that can't break the bubble), you get drained and can't get out. her was lucky since she could turn her power off which allowed her to fall, if she was is a bubble before hand, she would have been helplessly drained till she was empty.

and to attest to the strength of the bubble, check out all the heroes who hammered on the bubble to no avail, it took thanos' beam to break it. (in the page following the scans shown a page back)

yea, it kinda helped that Her was a person who FED on solar/cosmic energy (forget which) to LIVE, so draining her kinda makes sense.......whereas since MM *is not* an energy-based person I dont think it would work out that well. draining Jonn makes about as much sense as draining Colossus.

and as for that 2nd example, while its a big feat we've also seen beings the likes of Glads, Tyrak, Masterson-Thor & some others break hs constructs...................so while that IC-moment was nice, its also balanced out on the other end feat-wise.

Tazer

psycho gundam
all those guys mentioned that could break q objects are mid-high heralds (tyrak can increase his size and strength to class 100+), mm is in the same ballpark as they are.

and that's also assuming the same bubble that was placed over the infinity watch was the same ones that the guys you listed smashed. he can create items with different densities for different tasks, in the same skirmish with her, quasar created a soft mattress type field just as easily as he could create a super hard object.

the field around the watch was far more durable than most of the stuff he usually makes anyway.

and then there is the quantum jump factor, not much mm can do to counter that

Tazer
Yo.

U think Tyrak is "high heald"?? sry, but I dont share that estimation, and yur also thinking of a diff character: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/tyrakatlan.htm .

but see, that same assumption U just accused me doing, is EXACTLY wat U did earlier, do U see that? as well as assuming that Jonn cant simply phase thru it, which is quite a possibility since Im pretty sure thats wat Quantum did (or something similar) when they fought.

and wat good does being QJ'd do, since he'll have to physically touch him to do so......which means he'll have to grapple with a super-strong, shape-shifting telepath, who's also more intelligent than him?? that prolly ISNT the thing he'd want to do, I would think.....

Tazer

Lord Feron
Q ftw

Charlotte DeBel
This is true she did get hurt. I wasn't talking about current really more like past Moondragon. Competing with Xavier, Thanos, Jean Grey and doing good puts her above MM imo. What are MM best TP or TK feats.

In fact the only time I remember post-crisis MM use TK is Justice League Task Force, when he telekinetically "attaches" himself to the spaceship.

In fact, some of his powers (flight, absorbing extra mass from surrounding for size changing, eyebeams) are telekinetic in nature, but he never displayed any kind of true TK in sence of what Jean, Exodus or Hellion use.

psycho gundam
Yo.

U think Tyrak is "high heald"?? sry, but I dont share that estimation, and yur also thinking of a diff character: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/tyrakatlan.htm .

but see, that same assumption U just accused me doing, is EXACTLY wat U did earlier, do U see that? as well as assuming that Jonn cant simply phase thru it, which is quite a possibility since Im pretty sure thats wat Quantum did (or something similar) when they fought.

and wat good does being QJ'd do, since he'll have to physically touch him to do so......which means he'll have to grapple with a super-strong, shape-shifting telepath, who's also more intelligent than him?? that prolly ISNT the thing he'd want to do, I would think.....

Tazer you posted tyrak, if you meant terrax or whatever i apologize. by yeah, tyrak is no high herald, i was just pointing out that his strength is dynamic when he grows so him smashing a q construct isn't far fetched.

quasar's created armour out of his quantum energy before many times, a super-hard glove designed to just lay a hand on an encapsulated mm would be simple. if mm gets q jumped, the fight is over.

(unless it's Fernus......shifty ) unless it's current "pure quantum energy" quasar

cloud102
Yo!

Tazer on KMC? Never would have guessed.

Tazer
Yo.

you posted tyrak, if you meant terrax or whatever i apologize. by yeah, tyrak is no high herald, i was just pointing out that his strength is dynamic when he grows so him smashing a q construct isn't far fetched.

quasar's created armour out of his quantum energy before many times, a super-hard glove designed to just lay a hand on an encapsulated mm would be simple. if mm gets q jumped, the fight is over.

no, I meant Tyrak, but yur referring to him in such a way kinda threw me a bit. as for his str, well that was kinda my point: Jonn is in about the same class as those guys I had listed, and that means he stands a good chance IMNSHO of breaking most of his non-"protecting Thanos & the I-W crew from harm" bubbles/constructs.

U miss my point about him physically touching Jonn: the point wasnt that he'd need to glove himself, but that he'd have to be w/in arms reach to do so, and also means he's have to break the grip of somebody w/CL100-ish STR, for even if Elvis managed to Q-J to someplace & back......Jonn would go along for *both* trips. thats how it works.

Tazer

batosaimsx7
Martian Manhunter FTW

Quasar is just an incredibly watered down Green Lantern

Got owned by Gladiator and killed in AC

Forever Nick
Gladiator could own alot of people in DC.

Enyalus
The fact that he broke out of Quasar's restraints just by flexing his muscles was a big "WTF" feat, considering Quasar's constructs are >> most GL constructs.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Enyalus
The fact that he broke out of Quasar's restraints just by flexing his muscles was a big "WTF" feat, considering Quasar's constructs are >> most GL constructs.

Quasar would pwn most GL's don't even think ION can take im.

(bait! bait!)

iceman24567
Originally posted by D_Dude1210

(bait! bait!) That isn't saying much consider Quasars powerset.

Enyalus
Originally posted by D_Dude1210

(bait! bait!)

Yat Ion? Totally agree. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.