Best language software?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
Anyone know or have a review of any language learning software out there? I am thinking about trying out Rosetta Stone but I have heard mixed reviews on it.

Robtard
Dude, learning a language is going too far just to get laid. If she(he?) won't give you the time of day now, speaking in her(his?) tongue probably won't get you in her(his?) honeypot.

But I'd go with Rosetta Stone if I were to learn a new language, the commercials/adds convinced me it works.

Jack Daniels
damn someone is having getting laid issues..lol

Bicnarok
The best way tp learn a language is to immerse yourself in that language by living amongst the native speakers.

Heretic Smellin
I think no matter how you look at it, that would be a far more expensive way of learning.

Lord Knightfa11
I recommend taking a few college classes concerning your language. by the time you complete the second class, you will be able to form most sentences and must only learn vocabulary. You can take these at a community college and while the cost may rise above that of rosetta stone, it does far more for you. I had rosetta stone "latin american spanish" volume one and it taught me how to say "the cat is over the car" and treated me like an idiot by teaching me it over and over again.

Heretic Smellin
Yeah, that's quite a good point actually. The university I attend has languages as elective modules, if you attend university perhaps this would be an idea?

If not, I have heard that some universities offer a walk in system for lectures. So although you wouldn't receive any formal grade, you would learn.

Bardock42
I don't know about language software, but to learn vocabulary (or anything really) a program like Mnemosyne or SuperMemo are apparently the best you can get.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.