Dooku vs Anakin vs Obi wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

onewiththeforce
If Dooku had not tried to make Anakin tap into the darkside and play with him so that he could be arrested could he beat lightside Anakin.
so the first fight is Dooku vs Anakin
(lets do this fight on naboo where there is not a land advantage)

Next if Anakin and Obi had fought on the plains of Naboo were the land did not give an advantage could Anakin have pulled out a victory. so the next fight would be Anakin (darkside) vs Obiwan

nd now the last fight a free for all between the three on naboo with a dark side anakin vs dooku vs obi

Darth Rex
D vs A No dooku was a far superior swordsman like Jocastu Nu said
Anakin wasn't good enough. Dooku was superior with the force aswell
WINNER - Dooku
O vs A Would still be close because they no each others moves but Anakin was arrogant and might slip up
WINNER - Don't Know
Free for all anakin would prob go for dooku cause he took his arm and sith always fight each other. Obi wan might be smart enough to wait til the best moment to strike two birds with one stone Could be any ones game.
WINNER - Anybody

onewiththeforce
would anyone say that dooku could beat dark side anakin with both of them fighting to kil

Gideon
A lightsaber duel between Anakin and Dooku could go to Anakin. Actually, it may be the likely result. Anakin kicked Dooku's ass on Tattooine and on the Invisible Hand.

Slash_KMC
Yeah, Anakin first beats Dooku and then beats Obi-Wan.

Final Blaxican
If Anakin beats Dooku but then immediately fights Obi-Wan with little or no rest, he loses. The gap between the two in ability is no so large that Obi-Wan will be owned quickly and Obi-Wan is the master of a style that exhausts very little energy on the user's side and draws out fights, and to add to that Obi-Wan knows Anakin inside out.

Without rest, Anakin will use his highly aggressive and taxing style on a man who knows almost all of his techniques and uses almost none of his own energy, and Anakin will get more and more tired and will eventually over-extend himself and it will be over.

Slash_KMC
I don't think theres a big difference between what happened in RotS and this scenario. And I don't think Anakin spends that much energy beating Dooku if you watch RotS, so Obi doesn't have that much headstart.

I could be overestimating him though.

onewiththeforce
Dooku let anakin beat him cuz palpatine let told him to but then but he betrayed dooku and told anakin to kill him

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by onewiththeforce
Dooku let anakin beat him cuz palpatine let told him to but then but he betrayed dooku and told anakin to kill him

Nope, Dooku didn't let Anakin beat him the novel is clear on that.

Gideon
The script and novelization also confirm that Anakin gets stronger as a fight progresses. He won't be "getting tired."

Lord Lucien
He's Broly?

Slash_KMC
Your mum is Broly.

EDIT: Sorry about that one. Green stuff makes me say weird stuff.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Gideon
The script and novelization also confirm that Anakin gets stronger as a fight progresses. He won't be "getting tired."

Doesn't matter how strong he gets if his body collapses from sheer exhaustion.

"Stronger" is a vague term.

Gideon
Um, no. It specifically says he gets stronger as Dooku and Obi-Wan get more tired.

Final Blaxican
I'd like to see it for myself, no offense.

Gideon
Taken from the official script:

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Star-Wars-Revenge-of-the-Sith.html

kotorfan
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He's Broly?

LOL i just remebered who brolly was..

that LSSJ guy who is like 10x bigger than bane and just going lssj makes the ground shake..?

DarkSideisMeth
Gideon has this one entirely down. Anyone who's read ROTS novel knows that Anakin totally ****s Dooku up royally, now granted Dooku was exhausted from fighting both Obi and Anakin-but Dooku obviously had no chance. His proficency with Form II against Anakin means nothing, because, like Gideon said, Anakin wasn't tiring, Anakin for perhaps the first time was fully realizing his abilities and allowing anger to totally drive his saber.

Dooku got ****ed up, Anakin was as angry as a Raped Ape

Lord Lucien
Who, ironically, were quite docile during the whole ordeal. That Dian Fossey wasn't the heroine we all thought about her.

Forum Ninja
A lightsaber duel between Anakin and Dooku could go to Anakin. Actually, it may be the likely result. Anakin kicked Dooku's ass on Tattooine and on the Invisible Hand.

I was under the impression that the Tatooine duel was a tie and from viewing it, It looks that way. Can you explain why you believe Anakin won that duel? I'm just curious. He could have. I may be examining it incorrectly.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by DarkSideisMeth
Gideon has this one entirely down. Anyone who's read ROTS novel knows that Anakin totally ****s Dooku up royally, now granted Dooku was exhausted from fighting both Obi and Anakin-but Dooku obviously had no chance. His proficency with Form II against Anakin means nothing, because, like Gideon said, Anakin wasn't tiring, Anakin for perhaps the first time was fully realizing his abilities and allowing anger to totally drive his saber.

Dooku got ****ed up, Anakin was as angry as a Raped Ape

I've read the novel. Dooku actually had the upper hand towards the end when he taunted Anakin, causing him to shift his focus from winning the battle to controlling himself. Dooku even notes that Anakin "had lost his edge" and that Dooku "allowed himself to relax; he felt that spirit of playfulness coming over him again." It was only when Palpatine called to Anakin to call upon his fury and focus it that Anakin was able to win.

But Palpatine isn't here in this scenario.

Publius II
Originally posted by Forum Ninja
I was under the impression that the Tatooine duel was a tie and from viewing it, It looks that way. Can you explain why you believe Anakin won that duel? I'm just curious. He could have. I may be examining it incorrectly. Anakin didn't kick his ass. Not even close.

See for yourself.

Darth Sexy
In terms of Canon, where does this fight stand? And it seemed pretty even with a saber, with Dooku pwning Anakin with the force.

Publius II
TCW's right under the movies as far as canon goes.

Gideon
Dooku demonstrated a superior command of the Force. But he did lose the duel and he was trying his hardest regarding the lightsaber clashing.

Final Blaxican
Really?

Out of curiosity, where was that stated?

Forum Ninja
From what I saw, Dooku showed superior prowess with the force and his lightsaber.

Borbarad
Dooku demonstrated a superior command of the Force. But he did lose the duel and he was trying his hardest regarding the lightsaber clashing.

Lmao.

Yes. Nice "defeat" there. Let's ignore how Dooku puts Anakin on his ass with a force push, then lowers his weapon to show Anakin a hologram of the Padawan getting owned. Despite of that, he still manages to fend off Anakins assault using his left hand only before he get's put on his ass - while keeping his lightsaber in hand. Yes. Anakin completely owned him on Tatooine - ROFL.

Gideon
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Really?

Yes.

The Clone Wars Visual Dictionary has an entry about the duel on Tattooine. It mentions that Dooku revealed the hologram of Ahsoka to distract Anakin in order to "regain the upper hand."

Borbarad
The Clone Wars Visual Dictionary has an entry about the duel on Tattooine. It mentions that Dooku revealed the hologram of Ahsoka to distract Anakin in order to "regain the upper hand."

Which makes much sense, considering he just force raped him in the second before that happens... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gideon
"Force rape"?

Not really. I'd point out that the double standard is quite pronounced; Anakin simply "knocked Dooku on his ass" (thus in your eyes, not a legitimate defeat), yet I'd point out that that was all Dooku did to Anakin. As well as Mace to Sidious. I suppose, then, none of those instances qualifies as a legitimate victory?

I'm sorry if you don't like the source or its conclusions, Nai, but I would suggest taking it up with LFL. But the bottom line is that Dooku clearly attempted to fight to the best of his ability and, while he demonstrated a superior command of the Force, he was overpowered and knocked aside.

Publius II
"Force rape"?

Not really. I'd point out that the double standard is quite pronounced; Anakin simply "knocked Dooku on his ass" (thus in your eyes, not a legitimate defeat), yet I'd point out that that was all Dooku did to Anakin.Three times, in close combat, when Anakin wasn't using one hand to hold up a holodisc and mocking his opponent.

Gideon
Originally posted by Publius II
Three times, in close combat, when Anakin wasn't using one hand to hold up a holodisc and mocking his opponent.

Edit: Just so we're clear, I was referring to the lightsaber duel, not the mini-Force battle, since it was explicitly clear that Dooku demonstrated superiority. So out of those "three strikes", Dooku really only scored one with a lightsaber.

Borbarad
"Force rape"?

Not really. I'd point out that the double standard is quite pronounced; Anakin simply "knocked Dooku on his ass" (thus in your eyes, not a legitimate defeat), yet I'd point out that that was all Dooku did to Anakin. As well as Mace to Sidious. I suppose, then, none of those instances qualifies as a legitimate victory?

Excuse me. Was Anakin busy holding a holodisc in one of his hand and thus clearly wasn't in a position to defend himself from the upcoming attack with "all he could" ? No. Thanks, Sir. Was Sidious busy holding a holodisc when Mace did disarm him? No? Holy shit. So can you please show me the "double standard" in my post? Or would you rather like to do some reality check on the scene and try to explain me how Dooku should have "tried his best" when holding his weapon with his off hand while holding a holodisc in his main weapon hand?

...while still holding a freaking holodisc in his hand and holding his weapon in his offhand. So d'oh. That is not a "conclusion" that I don't like - it's freaking obvious that you can't "do your best" while weakening yourself in the very same moment.

And please quote the source instead of just mentioning it to make a point. This would be rather helpful, you know? "The RotS novel mentions that Dooku was about to destroy Anakin with 10 % of his power", doesn't happen to be a valid point (and it would be a lie anyway).

Publius II
Edit: Just so we're clear, I was referring to the lightsaber duel, not the mini-Force battle, since it was explicitly clear that Dooku demonstrated superiority. So out of those "three strikes", Dooku really only scored one with a lightsaber. Could you cite the entire passage?

Gideon
I don't own it.

Publius II
I don't own it. u fail.

Anyway, I'm not trying to ignore the passage in any way, it just makes no sense at all given what we see.

Gideon
Not really.

The statement doesn't contradict the fact that Dooku displayed superiority through the Force (which could enable him to defeat Skywalker). But he really didn't demonstrate considerable superiority in a strict lightsaber sense.

Besides, take a damn good look at what the Clone Wars series has done to the Separatists.

Ahsoka takes out three Magnaguards, Kit Fisto defeats General Grievous, Ahsoka takes on Grievous, Ahsoka and Luminara take on Asajj and drive her off, Dooku is disarmed by a couple of pirates. Not only is the Confederacy made to look inept and unsympathetic, but relative to their Jedi rivals, they're made to look very weak.

Publius II
Not really.

The statement doesn't contradict the fact that Dooku displayed superiority through the Force (which could enable him to defeat Skywalker). But he really didn't demonstrate considerable superiority in a strict lightsaber sense.Taking it as you've put it - "to regain the upper hand" - I would be led to believe that Dooku was losing the fight prior to that. Unless you're leaving something out, there's no mention at all of Force or lightsabers, and Dooku clearly was not losing the fight in any sense of the word.

Hence, contradiction.

This is true.

Although Fisto defeating Grievous isn't exactly unbelievable considering the lectures the latter has gotten from Dooku regarding his fallibility.

SIDIOUS 66
Dooku being captured by drunken pirates is what bothered me.

Publius II
WTF?

Google agrees with you. This makes me sad.

Borbarad
The statement doesn't contradict the fact that Dooku displayed superiority through the Force (which could enable him to defeat Skywalker). But he really didn't demonstrate considerable superiority in a strict lightsaber sense.

As Faunus has pointed out: It makes it seem as if Dooku was somehow hard pressed in the fight up to that point, which doesn't make sense, considering his demonstrated superiority with the force, which enabled him to floor Anakin twice.

And notice how you stated that Anakin "won" the lightsaber battle when said "win" was done against an opponent who clearly wasn't focusing on that kind of fight any longer.

The series is a f*cking joke.
I just have seen the first 13 Episodes yet, and I can't believe the stuff they have come up with. Fisto defeating Grievous is okay (Notice: Dooku mentions that Grievous would have a hard time dealing with Council members if he can't ambush them in LoE). But some of the other stuff. Grievous, the supposed tactical genious, making devastating tactical mistakes and getting owned in almost any military confrontation is pretty laughable.

Yoda...totally hyped in the first Episode where he pretty much singlehandly destroys an entire batallion of Ventress forces and force pwns her completely. I mean - WTF - he immobilizes her, disarms her and then just force pushes her weapons back in her hands. Lmao.

Dooku. Oh my God. I just wanted to throw up when he was captured by that pirates. But Anakin and Obi-Wan managed to even screw up worse than that, when they get knocked out by nipping on a single drink. Stupidity incarnated .

I just liked the Episode focusing on the Clones...but then. That also made Rex and Cody look like freaing superhumans. Especially Cody's aiming and reflexes. Monster pops up behind him - shot right into the eye. He repeats that one in a later episode.

SIDIOUS 66
WTF?

Google agrees with you. This makes me sad.

What are you babbling about?

Gideon
Don't complain about Yoda's episode. That whole thing was badass personified. Best exchange in the whole of the mythos!

Ventress: "I'm not afraid of you!

Yoda: "Strong you are in the dark side." "But not that strong."

He proceeds to casually disarm her and then offers her back his weapons. The sheer contempt he shoes for her as a combatant is priceless.

Publius II
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
What are you babbling about? I'm not "babbling," smartass. I didn't realize that Dooku had ever been captured by drunken pirates so I Googled it, and it turns out you were right?

Clear now?

SIDIOUS 66
I'm not "babbling," smartass. I didn't realize that Dooku had ever been captured by drunken pirates so I Googled it, and it turns out you were right?

Clear now?

Oh ok. My apologize. I assumed everyone here watches the series.

Borbarad
Don't complain about Yoda's episode. That whole thing was badass personified. Best exchange in the whole of the mythos!

Ventress: "I'm not afraid of you!

Yoda: "Strong you are in the dark side." "But not that strong."

He proceeds to casually disarm her and then offers her back his weapons. The sheer contempt he shoes for her as a combatant is priceless.

Well...
Don't get me wrong. I loved the action . But those droids just act even more stupid than in the movies in certain situations. Like when the one drives that tank into the "trees" there. Or the one that talks to Ventress when Yoda is just owning the entire squad and that gets actually cut into pieces while he keeps talking. Oh my god. I laughed - but then again I found that quite disgusting.

Especially when you consider the other displays of utter stupidity on the CIS site. One actually has to wonder how that war went on for more than a couple of days...

Gideon
LFL really needs to put me in charge. I'd fix this entire mythos.

Publius II
Only if you'd erase DE, TCW, the CWC, TPM, AotC, post-RotJ everything, and herpesTraviss-works from existence. I'd vote for you then.

Actually I wouldn't, because I'd still be better than you.

Gideon
Only if you'd erase DE, TCW, the CWC, TPM, AotC, post-RotJ everything, and herpesTraviss-works from existence. I'd vote for you then.

Actually I wouldn't, because I'd still be better than you.

No, you wouldn't. I'd revamp the majority of it. There were many great ideas that were poorly executed.

Publius II
Palpatine's resurrection, along with the overwhelming majority of post-RotJ material, is retarded. Katarn is cool though, he may live. TCW is abominable, the CWC, while awesome, does not fit into canon very easily, pretty much all of TPM was forgettable except for Qui-Gon and Maul - who both ended up being wasted anyway - and AotC was only serviceable because of Portman, Fett - again, wasted - and a few good action scenes.

Traviss is ridiculous.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.