F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
F.E.A.R. is back, and is more scary than before. The game is developed by Monolith Productions and is published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The game is being runned by the Lithtech: Jupiter EX engine.

The game takes place thirty minutes before the ending of the first FEAR game. A Delta Squad shows up to arrest Genevieve Aristitude. You won't be playing the Point Man so the character you'll play is one of the Delta Squad members named Michael Becket. He will have psychic abilities just like the Point Man.

Alma is back to scare the living **** out of you with new horrors awaiting.

F.E.A.R. 2 is a first person shooter and will be released Febuary 10, 2009.

To learn more about the game, here's a link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Origin

I'm surprised no one made a thread for this game yet. It's awesome!

Kazenji
I now for us PAL users its finally getting a release it was banned and then got overturned.......Hooray !!.

Smasandian
Can't wait for this game.

Loved the original.

BackFire
Same. Original was one of my favorite games that year. This one looks to solve the only real flaw of the first one - repetitive environments.

Utrigita
And apparently from what I have read add in some more blood.

Smasandian
Buckets of it.

As for Backfire, hopefully they fix the repetitive environments. I heard the create your own cover works well and enemies are smart enough to use it against you.

They said their fixing the story, but I really didnt have any problems with the first one, so I dont know what they are going to do.

Icy Ninja
Whoo can't wait first one kicked ass Alma still scares me. I'm gonna try and save up for this and get it the day it comes out.

StyleTime
I enjoyed the first one and I've got high hopes for the second.

Nemesis X
Alma makes my heart stop beating in a second. She's friggin scary. This is what I get when I watch too much of the Grudge. Whoever made that movie deserves a smack.

Kosta
I hear rumors that the overly conservative Australian government has banned it due to it being "too scary", thus it will not be getting released here. Thank f*ck for torrents, I say. The original was underrated IMO. Can't wait for the second one.

KakashiKun
I'm so ready to get it, but i hope that the horror part won't be interupted too much by frequently appearing soldiers like in gthe first game.

SaTsuJiN
anyone know if they're going to add more hand to hand combat maneuvers?.. I liked doing them jumping spin kicks in bullet time

Kazenji
Originally posted by Kosta
I hear rumors that the overly conservative Australian government has banned it due to it being "too scary", thus it will not be getting released here. Thank f*ck for torrents, I say. The original was underrated IMO. Can't wait for the second one.

If you scroll up and see what said you won't need torrents.

Kosta
Originally posted by Kazenji
If you scroll up and see what said you won't need torrents.

Oh. Fkn Awesome. big grin

Smasandian
Check out the demo.

It's pretty sweet. It's basically FEAR but it seems to me that the environments will be much better.

Can't really check out any of the new things like cover and stuff but it seems to me that it will be a blast to play.

It keeps on skipping a bit where I move 15 feet on the PC version. It has a rock solid frame rate at max and 1440x900 until it stops and starts.

Zack Fair
Played the demo on 360 and I must say it is every bit as fun as the original with more stuff and it is actually more scary and disturbing.

BackFire
I'm in love with the demo. Fixed the only problem the original had in varying the environments, great graphics - love the motion blur. Bloody as hell, great visceral combat, guns are satisfying to use. Can't wait.

Smas, yeah it skipped for me too, about every 15-20 feet like you say.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
I'm in love with the demo. Fixed the only problem the original had in varying the environments, great graphics - love the motion blur. Bloody as hell, great visceral combat, guns are satisfying to use. Can't wait.

Smas, yeah it skipped for me too, about every 15-20 feet like you say.

Good. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I'll say one thing was that playing that demo made me want to play the original again, even though I already played it three times.

And seriously, Monolith is the only company that freaks the shit out of me.

Kazenji
They're more better then id Software thesedays imo.

Smasandian
ID hasn't done anything in years.

Nemesis X
ID should've made a sequel leading after Quake 4 but back on topic, I'm definately gettin this game. Though I question how scary this game will be. Normally horror games like this would give me a heart attack. Alma is scary and we're talkin Grudge scary. I hope she dies.

Zack Fair
You will die.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Zack Fair
You will die.

Alma fanboy, you will be perished.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
ID should've made a sequel leading after Quake 4 but back on topic,

Wha ?!?!

when did Quake 4 have a sequal ?

BackFire
Just picked this game up today. Looking forward to playing it.

Smasandian
Me too.

I had a interesting install though. Was going to buy it on Steam, but its 49.99 US, so I picked it up at EB. During installation, it freezes the computer to the point on where it can't even restart explorer. That's after I put in the 2nd disc, instead of going through install again, I noticed I can just dl it now.

That's pretty cool actually.

Smasandian
Played about 2 hours of it. It's pretty sweet. It's not as creepy as FEAR, but there are a few eekk moments.

If you like FEAR, you like this game. The environment seem to be better, but I hope they incorporate some more of the story from the first.

Great action though, and very satisfying. Graphics are good also, but have a bit of a fuzzy fill to them, which I'm getting used too. Sound is always amazing with a Monolith game. Scripted events are roughly the same. Enemy types are like the first, but those really fast ****ers are freaky.

Icy Ninja
Originally posted by Smasandian
Enemy types are like the first, but those really fast ****ers are freaky.
Those guys are back I nearly shit a brick when I first ran into those. Gonna try and rent this game this weekend

Smasandian
There back?

What game was it?

Nemesis X
I'm gonna get F.E.A.R. 2 tomorrow. I just saw a trailer about Alma returning and honestly, I'm gettin nightmares tonight.

BackFire
Game's sweet, like Smas said, if you like the original you'll like this one.

One thing though, it seems like the grenades don't feel quite as cool this time. In the first game they had that cool effect, you could see them kinda alter the air around them, felt really powerful. In this one they don't feel as cool, just like a puff of smoke and a little boom.

Smasandian
I've noticed that too. I also feel the ragdoll effects are less pronounce in slo mo than last time too. I had a shotgun, which I actually dont like that much and I though I would just **** somebody up, but in the end, a little puff a red came out, plastered on the wall, and no limbs flying.

2 hours in and I already seen 4 enemy types. That's 1 more than the last game, hahah.

Right now, I give it solid 8.

Zack Fair
I liked the demo, and I will probably play/buy this in summer because my priorities are for K2, RE5 and SF4.

The one thing that bugged me, though not much was the cover system. It seemed somewhat pointless. Other than that it looks and plays solid.

Smasandian
Yeah, I dont really know how it can annoy people. You don't need to use it.

BackFire
Is there an actual cover system in this game? All I see is sometimes you have the opportunity to flip something over, and then just duck behind it. Is there something more that I'm not aware of?

Smasandian
That's the cover system I assume he is talking about.

I like that you can flip things over. It's pretty sweet when your getting attacked by three people in the middle of the open, and you just hit 'E' and you have some make shift cover. It's not the best, but still pretty cool.

I don't understand why some critics are dissing this game. FEAR was great, but it had it share of problems, most notably the enivornments and enemy types.

This game is like FEAR, but the enemy types are better and the enivorments are much better also. The action is some of the best I've played recently. I don't get it.

Nemesis X
The shooting looks similar to the shooting seen in Killzone 2.

Alma was a creepy little girl and now she's a naked grown woman. Does anyone know what's up with that? She wore clothes in the first FEAR but now she's all nude.

Smasandian
You mean Killzone 2 shooting looks like the original FEAR?

Zack Fair
Killzone 2 is more like CoD than F.E.A.R I don't know what he is talking about.

Nemesis X
The ending blows. Alma is pregnant for a third time and she isn't even destroyed. Oh well, at least this means there might be a FEAR 3. Seriously, the broad should've died.

Zack Fair
Dude wtf. Why don't you use the Spoilers feature?

Jesus Christ.

**** YOU.

Scythe
The ending blows. Alma is pregnant for a third time and she isn't even destroyed. Oh well, at least this means there might be a FEAR 3. Seriously, the broad should've died.

You don't say, interesting.

Kazenji
Alma was a creepy little girl and now she's a naked grown woman. Does anyone know what's up with that? She wore clothes in the first FEAR but now she's all nude.

She was also Nude and a fully grown woman in the first FEAR also.

Smasandian
The end was kinda of crappy, but I find most endings to be shit anyways, so I'm not too disappointed.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Smasandian
The end was kinda of crappy, but I find most endings to be shit anyways, so I'm not too disappointed.

Kinda agree with you there. I was all hyped up for the ending and it turned out to be major crap. Throughout the game characters keep saying you have to fight Alma through an intense psychic battle and I don't think I ever did that. Good to know that Monolith will sometimes want to slam a pie in your face but hey, at least the beggining and middle of the game are good.

BackFire
Finished this today. Loved the game. Ending was lousy but not a huge deal.

Icy Ninja
Is their any mention at all of the Point Man from the first game? Did he even survive?

Smasandian
No mention what so ever.

Originally, I though the mysterious voice was the old commander from the first game.

I do love the game, but the ending is pretty shitty.

Nemesis X
A FEAR game with no Point Man feels more like a side story than a main one. I'd rather play as Point Man rather than Alma's boytoy.

Smasandian
Who cares. It was never about the main character and more about who and why Alma went crazy/disintegrate people.

I liked the story better last time just because I rather listen to the phone conversations and it was a bit mysterious on what was going on than this one.

Kazenji
So i finished the downloadable episode 'Fear 2: Reborn' the other day and Paxten Fettel comes back by taking over a replica soldier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.