Batman of the Future

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
In an alternate reality, there are no super-powered heroes or villains, only Batman and his enemies. With the numbers of villains increasing, Batman's task of keeping the city safe seems increasingly impossible. Batman has started to look for suitable candidates to train to take up his mantle.

In this reality, the following people have no super-powers, no complex histories, just ordinary citizens (no skills, training etc). But they have the same personalities, intelligence and human potential as they do in our current Earth reality.

- Assume They are all aged 20 and are perfectly healthy.

Who would you pick to be the successor of the Dark Knight?

Batman will then train whoever he picks for 10 years and teach him everything he knows.

- Peter Parker
- Logan
- Steve Rogers
- Tony Stark
- Clark Kent
- Matt Murdock
- Scott Summers
- Frank Castle

. . .

Again, since there are no super powers involved you are choosing purely on personalities, values/morals/ethics, intelligence and human potential.

An example of things to consider - even though Batman may be able to influence their personalities over the period of mentoring, training etc, Frank Castle while very capable, may not be a good choice since he is unlikely to stick with Batman's no-kill rule.

Juk3n
Scott summers no doubt - second choice Franky boy

illadelph12
I'd say Tony Starks followed by Peter Parker based on intelligence.

Given that Starks retains his own intelligence and is trained in martial arts and detective work by Batman on top of that he'd be pretty formidable using a combination of tech and h2h.

Parker is more likely to adhere to the Batman code of ethics and also has a degree of scientific genius as Batman does, just not of the same magnitude. Batman could mold Parker in his own image.

I didn't pick Cap or Logan because it takes more than being a great soldier/fighter to be Batman. Batman's greatest weapon is his intelligence.

Juk3n
Originally posted by illadelph12
I'd say Tony Starks followed by Peter Parker based on intelligence.

Given that Starks retains his own intelligence and is trained in martial arts and detective work by Batman on top of that he'd be pretty formidable using a combination of tech and h2h.

Parker is more likely to adhere to the Batman code of ethics and also has a degree of scientific genius as Batman does, just not of the same magnitude. Batman could mold Parker in his own image.

I didn't pick Cap or Logan because it takes more than being a great soldier/fighter to be Batman. Batman's greatest weapon is his intelligence.

Almost agree here, but you also gotta take into consideration, "natural ability", ya know someone like me or you could go through the same training methods as say..Mohammed Ali - but would we be the same boxer as he was at the end of it? Prolly not.

Placidity
As far as "natural ability" goes (what I termed Human potential), Matt Murdock is the only one with a proven record that he has the potential to achieve skills at Batman's level.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Placidity
As far as "natural ability" goes (what I termed Human potential), Matt Murdock is the only one with a proven record that he has the potential to achieve skills at Batman's level.

True, but he didn't start at age 20..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.