Why I'm Boycotting Church until Spring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Naz
I generally avoid going to Church because it's boring and I'd rather be doing something else for an hour, but I am so angry and full of rage right now that I refuse to set tire in any church parking lot until Spring.

Whenever I find myself at home on a Sunday night I usually get roped into going with my parents to church. And usually I drive my own car because I dislike riding in my mom's Rav4 because the seats, like the suspension, are made of rocks, and it's really unpleasant to ride in.

So, many of you know that about three months ago in October I bought a little Datsun sportscar: 2 door, 2 seater, RWD, etc., etc. sportscar. To sum up my feelings about this car: I could not love a human child, other than my own, more than I love this car.

Because I park on the street and because I have b*itch-faced neighbors who will call the cops on me unless I, like city law states, move my vehicle every twenty-four hours, I face South Dakota snow and ice everyday to drive somewhere and back.
Since today it was a balmy 27 degrees F out, I took a trip to Target, Wal-mart, HyVee (local grocery store), and Barnes and Noble. And even though Humphrey, as I've lovingly named it, is RWD, he tackles slippery road conditions like a 4x4 monster truck and doesn't slide around in parking lots for the most part.

Now, for those of you who aren't familiar with a snowy climate like the one I experience every year in So. Dak., it is the city's responsibility to clear the roads of snow and it is the individual business's responsibility to hire someone to clear their parking lot of snow. Their motivation to do this: if someone slips in their parking lot because it was too icy, that person can sue the business.

Now, since all the places I normally drive Humphrey are cleared of snow (mostly), I didn't slip and slide.

Until I was forced to go to church.

The church parking lot is sloped, and all the parking spaces face down hill. The church also neglected to have its lot cleared of snow, so it was very slushy and very icy and very slippery.

So I pulled into the parking lot, and because my parents in front of me were moving at a crawl looking for a parking space, I had my foot on the brakes (which aren't anti-lock). And guess what. Because of all the slush and sh*t, my car had zero traction, and I could barely control where it was going at all. It got so bad that I nearly hit a parked Taurus, I was about 7 inches away from it, decided I was too scared to move the car any further and threw it in Park.

So my parents park their car, and my dad gets in mine and barely manages to get it out of the parking lot. So I'm watching my car while my dad drives it, and zero of the four wheels were spinning, at all. It slid the entire way down the slope of the parking lot and out into the street with zero of the wheels moving.

Okay, that's not how it's supposed to work.

So, since the church nearly made me get a scratch on my beloved Humphrey from neglecting to maintain their parking lot, I am boycotting that church until the snow melts, which should be around April.

Selphie
woo woo

Impediment
**** church.

Röland
Originally posted by Impediment
**** church.

Piggle Humsy
Oh naz, you do make me laugh.

hug

Naz
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
Oh naz, you do make me laugh.

hug

It's not funny, though! I almost hurt my baby! cry

Impediment
Did you ever choose a name for your car, Nazzy?

Piggle Humsy

Originally posted by Naz
And even though Humphrey, as I've lovingly named it

Naz
Tanks, Piggle. happy

Humphrey yes

Kosta
Yeah, she did. One of Irene's suggestions I believe.

Impediment
Ok. I admit it: I didn't read the opening post all the way.

Blow me.

Sue me.

Piggle Humsy
Ok. I admit it: I didn't read the opening post all the way.

Blow me.

Sue me.

We noticed haermm

I'd love to

Nah we'll let you off this time.. biscuits

Ahsoka Tano
I want to

Hai.

Mairuzu
SCREW MY LORD! WHAT ABOUT MY CAR!??!?!?

MIŠT
Can you sue a church if something happened?

Kosta
Sue God.

dadudemon
Do you guys use chains in SD?

If so, put some chains on Humphrey. Your father sounds helpful. He may do it for you.

That must have been scary, Naz. I HATE icy/snowy roads. mad mad mad

Mairuzu
if thats your excuse to stop going to church then i dont understand why you go at all

Rogue Jedi
snow chains.

Neo Darkhalen
**** church.

AngryManatee
Snow tires with those little metal pegs in them.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Naz
I generally avoid going to Church because it's boring and I'd rather be doing something else for an hour, but I am so angry and full of rage right now that I refuse to set tire in any church parking lot until Spring.

Whenever I find myself at home on a Sunday night I usually get roped into going with my parents to church. And usually I drive my own car because I dislike riding in my mom's Rav4 because the seats, like the suspension, are made of rocks, and it's really unpleasant to ride in.

So, many of you know that about three months ago in October I bought a little Datsun sportscar: 2 door, 2 seater, RWD, etc., etc. sportscar. To sum up my feelings about this car: I could not love a human child, other than my own, more than I love this car.

Because I park on the street and because I have b*itch-faced neighbors who will call the cops on me unless I, like city law states, move my vehicle every twenty-four hours, I face South Dakota snow and ice everyday to drive somewhere and back.
Since today it was a balmy 27 degrees F out, I took a trip to Target, Wal-mart, HyVee (local grocery store), and Barnes and Noble. And even though Humphrey, as I've lovingly named it, is RWD, he tackles slippery road conditions like a 4x4 monster truck and doesn't slide around in parking lots for the most part.

Now, for those of you who aren't familiar with a snowy climate like the one I experience every year in So. Dak., it is the city's responsibility to clear the roads of snow and it is the individual business's responsibility to hire someone to clear their parking lot of snow. Their motivation to do this: if someone slips in their parking lot because it was too icy, that person can sue the business.

Now, since all the places I normally drive Humphrey are cleared of snow (mostly), I didn't slip and slide.

Until I was forced to go to church.

The church parking lot is sloped, and all the parking spaces face down hill. The church also neglected to have its lot cleared of snow, so it was very slushy and very icy and very slippery.

So I pulled into the parking lot, and because my parents in front of me were moving at a crawl looking for a parking space, I had my foot on the brakes (which aren't anti-lock). And guess what. Because of all the slush and sh*t, my car had zero traction, and I could barely control where it was going at all. It got so bad that I nearly hit a parked Taurus, I was about 7 inches away from it, decided I was too scared to move the car any further and threw it in Park.

So my parents park their car, and my dad gets in mine and barely manages to get it out of the parking lot. So I'm watching my car while my dad drives it, and zero of the four wheels were spinning, at all. It slid the entire way down the slope of the parking lot and out into the street with zero of the wheels moving.

Okay, that's not how it's supposed to work.

So, since the church nearly made me get a scratch on my beloved Humphrey from neglecting to maintain their parking lot, I am boycotting that church until the snow melts, which should be around April.

The same exact thing happened to me earlier today, word for word, except it was 26 degrees F.

Rogue Jedi
crylaugh

Mairuzu
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
The same exact thing happened to me earlier today, word for word, except it was 26 degrees F. I only said I THOUGHT she kidnapped herself. You're the one who's so ****ing certain!

That's right, Dude. 100% certain.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I only said I THOUGHT she kidnapped herself. You're the one who's so ****ing certain!

That's right, Dude. 100% certain.

I can get you a toe by 3pm, with nail polish.

Rogue Jedi
He peed on YOUR ****ing rug, dude.

=Tired Hiker=
The Chinaman is not the issue!!!

Mairuzu
great movie

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Mairuzu
great movie

I'm glad you liked it.

Rogue Jedi
Vee **** you up vee take zee money!!!

Mairuzu
HAHHAHAHHAHAHA

=Tired Hiker=
Flea was classic as a nihilist.

Rogue Jedi
Like does not stop and start at your convenience, you miserable piece of shit.

Kosta
**** it, lets go bowling.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Kosta
**** it, lets go bowling. one of my favorite parts hahha

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Flea was classic as a nihilist.

Peter Stormare yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.