Bleach Or Naruto?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
It's arguable that Bleach and Naruto are currently the most popular Shonen mangas at this time, and it is apparentely two of the most popular titles here at KMC.

I'm not saying that Bleach and Naruto are better than all other anime (They are most definitely not)

But I'd like to get some perspective here. What do you all like better? Do you get more of a kick watching Bankai's and sword slinging action? Or do you get your fix with Ninjutsu?

Kris Blaze
Superior

leonheartmm
actually, naruto is, followed by one piece{can u beleive it, non jap readers tipped the balance of MANGA, against the jap following of one piece} THEN bleach.

gantz is more seinen than shounen.

Yoshi Paradise
I like the Naruto anime better than Bleach.

Quincy
Originally posted by leonheartmm
actually, naruto is, followed by one piece{can u beleive it, non jap readers tipped the balance of MANGA, against the jap following of one piece} THEN bleach.

Right this is just a thread comparing the two of them. Which one people like more.

Kero_Co
When Bleach is good

Bleach>>>Naruto

When Bleach is meh

Naruto>Bleach

IppoDLuffy
Naruto manga pwns Bleach

Nemesis X
At least the Bleach fillers are better than the Naruto ones.

Final Blaxican
Bleach irritates me with it's characters and retard mechanics. I tried to get into it, but between Ichigo's uterly nonsensical power boosts and the fact that NO one ever dies no matter how badly they're wounded, Orihime's voice is twice as irritating as Hinata's which is sad because Hinata's entire existence is irritating.... it just irritates me.

I stopped at the beggining of the Vaizard Arc.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Bleach irritates me with it's characters and retard mechanics.

Coming from the guy who has a Bleach character for an avatar.

Final Blaxican
Hitsugaya is the only character in the entire series who I can stand for more than ten minutes.

Man of...
I SLIGHTLY like Bleach more but it really just depends on what your in to. Both are good but Bleach just seems cooler and more grown up to me. Naruto is sorta the stereo typical shonen anime nothin' really "WOW" but still really good. I really like Naruto A LOT but these dumbass filler episodes really turned me off. I haven't seen that show in almost a year. I just read the Manga when I can.

ThunderGodEneru
Hitsugaya is the only character in the entire series who I can stand for more than ten minutes. Because he's a f@ggy ice b!tch midget?

Bleach at is a little better than Naruto IMO, and was at least over 9,000 times better than Naruto during the Dark Ages, but currently I enjoy Naruto a little more.

Quincy
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Because he's a f@ggy ice b!tch midget?

Bleach at is a little better than Naruto IMO, and was at least over 9,000 times better than Naruto during the Dark Ages, but currently I enjoy Naruto a little more.

And what about ONE PIECE?

ThunderGodEneru
One Piece at its best is better than both.

Quincy
One Piece at its best is better than both.

We slap hands now.

hi5

One Piece doesn't get enough love bro.

ThunderGodEneru
Well my sig does have a One Piece character(meh favorite in fact).

Quincy
Well my sig does have a One Piece character(meh favorite in fact).

indeed it does. Awhile back I had my favorite character theme for my sig and avvy.

The one

The only

Sanji baby!

ThunderGodEneru
Pft.

It's all about the Zoro.

Cuz he's just like a samurai. no expression

Final Blaxican
One Piece is pretty gay.

BUT, I've only seen Toonami's English dub of it. So who knows what bad assery I'm missing?

Quincy
One Piece is pretty gay.

BUT, I've only seen Toonami's English dub of it. So who knows what bad assery I'm missing?

It's pretty legit.

ThunderGodEneru
One Piece is pretty gay.

BUT, I've only seen Toonami's English dub of it. So who knows what bad assery I'm missing? It's much more brutal in the japanese and in the manga.

Shit like Zoro getting stabbed in the gut and lifting a huge steel cage with his blood and guts squirting out.

And this was early in the series.

Quincy
qLHQp63zyOs

ThunderGodEneru
Yeah.

Usopp ain't nuthin to fvck with. no expression

IppoDLuffy
One Piece at its best is better than both. Agreed!

Slaanesh
One Piece > Naruto > Bleach

Naija boy
Naruto>bleach

WHITEBEARD
How bout both.

Darth Exodus
Bleach is the better manga, but Naruto is the better anime. Bleach anime (granted i haven't seen the later ones) is quite simply retarded. But Manga Bleach rocks a solid notch above Naruto. Anime or Manga.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Bleach anime is quite simply retarded.

You dare mock the anime version of Bleach? BANKAI!!

*Darth Exodus gets sliced in half*

Final Blaxican
Another thing that bothers me about Bleach is that it follows Dragon Ball Z's retarded "power level" physics. In every fight it's basically the same thing:

Character A and B fight.

Character A begins to lose. Character A morphs(shikai).

Character A begins to win. Character B morphs(shikai).

Character B begins to win. Character A morphs again (bankai).

And so on and so fourth, until someone runs out of morphs or they're final form is weaker than the opponents form. It bears a resemblance to Dragon Ball Z in terms of the super sayin forms. There isn't any actual intelligence required to watch the fights, actual intelligence and tactics are rarely even used by the characters themselves. It's a "dumb", manga.

That's not to say that people who like the shows are dumb themselves, all I'm saying is that I, personally, prefer more thought provoking fight scenes, the kind that make me think "huh, I wouldn't have thought of that." Bleach has less of those fights and more "Tug-of-War" styled fights, while with Naruto it's generally the other way around.

Unfortunately, Kishimoto staretd to copy a bit of that style with the curse seals, which are basically just shikai and bankai wannabes with the same simplicity and lack of thought, although the neji/Kidomaru fight was brilliant.

Kento
Naruto > Bleach imo. I couldn't really get pass the whole save Rukia arc in Bleach. And the fight scenes in Naruto are so much better. Though lately..Naruto's fights have been a bit on the weak side but part one had some of the greatest fight scenes.

Classic NES
I just got back into bleach after dropping it for a while. The anime right now is horrid, way to much censorship and crappy animation. The manga as of now slightly down in quality, but it's picking up. . .Wish I could say the same about the anime. Anyway, I choose Bleach easily, Naruto's been dead to me post chunin exam.

Quincy
I'm actually surprised by the amount of Naruto over bleach opinions. I'm a fan of both of them, although for different reasons. Naruto has more drama and emotion to it, but I love the bleach fights, and the characters in both shows are cool.

Except Sasuke, he's a bastard. Also I dont care much for Hitsugaya.

Classic NES
From what I understand the shows are supposed to be neck and neck on mainstream fandom.

Darth Exodus
You may think that I'm done but.... *Dons Vaizard mask*

*cue mutterings of 't-thats not possible!'*

*smiles with eyes closed* Let's dance!

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Nemesis X
At least the Bleach fillers are better than the Naruto ones.

I've never seen beyond seven minutes worth of random Bleach clips and I agree with that, I've lost my place as a Naruto viewer because of it.

One Piece I've never had any particular care for.

IppoDLuffy
Bleach is so ****ing horrible! god the only god thing now are Matsumotos boobs

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
I've never seen beyond seven minutes worth of random Bleach clips and I agree with that, I've lost my place as a Naruto viewer because of it.

One Piece I've never had any particular care for. Naruto filler makes me want to shit myself it is so bad.

The Bount arc was at least tolerable.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by IppoDLuffy
Bleach is so ****ing horrible! god the only god thing now are Matsumotos boobs

Rangiku isn't the only good thing in the series you hater. How is Bleach horrible? You sir, are a moron. May a hollow feast on your soul.

Final Blaxican
I've listed several reasons for why it sucks myself...

leonheartmm
bleach's entire story is deus ex machina. a plot device, unexplained in history, and in powers. no greater plot overall unless necessary. naruto isnt like that and arguably has better and more intelligent fights. bleach is power amping.

Classic NES
Bleach is driven by action not plot. Naruto is only "better" with plot because that's it's focus. Difference is that Bleach is actually good at what it focuses on if your in to that kind of thing.

Edit: There focuses are different and I don't think we can really compare their hook.

Eman5805
If there was more strategy than character A wacking character B with their sword/blast of energy, then Bleach would be a much better show.

Like, say if there was a character who was actually much weaker than than everyone else yet wins a lot of fights because he/she outsmarts them...

IppoDLuffy
Rangiku isn't the only good thing in the series you hater. How is Bleach horrible? You sir, are a moron. May a hollow feast on your soul. You are the most annoying fanboy ever! watch my rant please! on Bleach see if you agreehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlKVjwmuxRc

Quincy
That rant wasn't very funny.

IppoDLuffy
Originally posted by Quincy
That rant wasn't very funny. It wasn't meant to be funny

Quincy
It wasn't meant to be funny

Oh....

Well then it was just lame.

IppoDLuffy
Oh....

Well then it was just lame. Hey question how many anime series have you seen

Quincy
Hey question how many anime series have you seen

Why

IppoDLuffy
Why Because I want to know if you one of those people who only watch One Piece Death Note Naruto and Bleach

Quincy
Because I want to know if you one of those people who only watch One Piece Death Note Naruto and Bleach

I am insulted at the very idea.

BetaProxy
They both suck and I don't like either anymore. But from what I remember Naruto had a better story but bleach was always more exciting, that is if you looked past the duller version of dbz episode structures...

Man of...
One Piece at its best is better than both. I'm glad some else recognizes One Piece. I tell peeps at school that One Piece is good and they think about the anime. I tell them that they gotta read the manga.

k1Lla441
That rant wasn't very funny.
It very much was laughing

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Man of...
I'm glad some else recognizes One Piece. I tell peeps at school that One Piece is good and they think about the anime. I tell them that they gotta read the manga. Not even that, it's really just the dub that sucks.

Classic NES
Originally posted by Man of...
I'm glad some else recognizes One Piece. I tell peeps at school that One Piece is good and they think about the anime. I tell them that they gotta read the manga.

You too, score three for One Piece.

Stealth
Blaruto

Nemesis X
Bleach is good. The fighting in it does not suck. Sorry if it doesn't have your hand to hand fights and your jutsu crap. At least Ichigo isn't a little whiny ass overreacting moron who craves ramen most of his time.

Naruto says "Believe it." Believe what? What I believe is that your series sucks.

Superherovandal
Bleach is good. The fighting in it does not suck. Sorry if it doesn't have your hand to hand fights and your jutsu crap. At least Ichigo isn't a little whiny ass overreacting moron who craves ramen most of his time.

Naruto says "Believe it." Believe what? What I believe is that your series sucks. beleive it is some stuipid thing that the american dubbers made for the dub. he never says it in the jap version. and i originally watched bleach. i still like it too. but after he's gotten bankai i find it really is just that he gets more powerful with each battle. i mean before he beat grimmjow he couldn't scratch ulquiorra with his bankai and hollow powers going all out. but after it for some reason he can in just bankai. and the fights are good and all but in naruto i find imo that theres more strategy and thought put in. they have to actually learn the jutsus. not just trying to slash the oppositoin with the sword or energy. also i like the story more. but hey to each his own opinion

Accel

killermover
Both suck ass, and the main characters are too lame for me to like. One Piece is where it's at.

IppoDLuffy
Originally posted by killermover
Both suck ass, and the main characters are too lame for me to like. One Piece is where it's at. Agreed!

Ultimate Wil
Naruto pwns Bleach even when Bleach is good. Bleach is good, but not that good.

draxx_tOfU
Bleach...

has better opening intros!

Man of...
Not even that, it's really just the dub that sucks. I always thought that the the animation for the show was pretty damn poor.Originally posted by Classic NES
You too, score three for One Piece. Hell yeah.

1.It's packed wit action.

2.It's hilarious

3.The character design is "different" and really cool.

Nemesis X
A Bleach and Naruto thread and yet we're talking about One Piece.

Bleach is better. Period. Naruto can go dig a hole and live in it for all I care.

IppoDLuffy

Bleach is better. Period. Naruto can go dig a hole and live in it for all I care. And Bleach can dide also be honest dude nothing shown so far is even clost to be cool as the soul society arc was the best thing Bleach has ever done

draxx_tOfU
both are really good but overall, Bleach is better imo...

storywise, i like the way Tite portrays his characters progressively, like anyone of them can have a really seriously good background if he chooses to expound on them...

unlike Naruto where it's mainly just Naruto and.............Sasuke...

Man of...
Yeah I know. Wont happen again so don't go gettin' your lil' pantaloons in a bunch.

Endless Mike
One Piece

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Endless Mike
One Piece thumb up

Final Blaxican
I disagree. 131

I hate the art. It's irritating to look at, personally.

ThunderGodEneru
I disagree. 131

I hate the art. It's irritating to look at, personally. Well you're wrong, weaboo. 313

Hm. What about the art do you hate big man?

Quincy
It is more "cartoonish"

Final Blaxican
Yeah, too cartoony. Oversized or warped noses, some of the characters have oddly shaped faces, etc.

That guy with the sling-shot is a case-in-point.

Man of...
Yeah, too cartoony. Oversized or warped noses, some of the characters have oddly shaped faces, etc.

That guy with the sling-shot is a case-in-point. What the hell is wrong wit you?

IppoDLuffy

That guy with the sling-shot is a case-in-point. Dont Insult Usopp also have you seen One Piece's fights

Slaanesh

That guy with the sling-shot is a case-in-point.

usop is made to be funny..that's why he had that kinda face..

IppoDLuffy
Originally posted by Slaanesh
usop is made to be funny..that's why he had that kinda face.. thumb up

Final Blaxican
Dont Insult Usopp also have you seen One Piece's fights

Yes. They're alright.

And he irritates me.

As does Luffy, Eneru at time the cook who looks metally retarded, etc.

Quincy
Nami is hot.

IppoDLuffy
Yes. They're alright.

And he irritates me.

As does Luffy, Eneru at time the cook who looks metally retarded, etc. Question do you watch subs

Final Blaxican
I know where you're going with this.

The Japanese version is better than the english dub, I know. I've seen both and the Japanese dub with english subs is much better.

Like I said the show isn't "bad", just, it's setting (never liked pirates and the seven sea shtick), and it's artwork are things I don't like.

IppoDLuffy
Nami is hot. Yes she is http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc337/dupan_08/_Nami___One_Piece_.jpg

IppoDLuffy
I know where you're going with this.

The Japanese version is better than the english dub, I know. I've seen both and the Japanese dub with english subs is much better.

Like I said the show isn't "bad", just, it's setting (never liked pirates and the seven sea shtick), and it's artwork are things I don't like. The artwork gets way better later trust me

Slaanesh
Yes. They're alright.

And he irritates me.

As does Luffy, Eneru at time the cook who looks metally retarded, etc.

dude..u need to have some sense of humor..this guys are funny..not irritating..

IppoDLuffy
dude..u need to have some sense of humor..this guys are funny..not irritating.. thumb up

Final Blaxican
dude..u need to have some sense of humor..this guys are funny..not irritating..

No, they're irritating. There's millions of characters in media who are funny but not irritating.

ThunderGodEneru
...Why is Eneru irritating?

Is it the ears?

And I suppose Neji's gay hat of total gayness or Choji's underwear headband is better?

IppoDLuffy
No, they're irritating. There's millions of characters in media who are funny but not irritating. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHbIF2cZ9-0 so you think this is annoying

Final Blaxican
That scream in the beggining hurts my ears. no expression

He's very loud. I dislike Naruto for the same reason.

IppoDLuffy
That scream in the begging hurts m ears. no expression

He's very loud. Explain how Naruto dosen't irrate you eek!

Final Blaxican
Woah!

I edited before you posted.

ThunderGodEneru
Blax, you will never be able to justify Neji's hat.

NEVER.

Final Blaxican
Hat?

That one he wears in the beginning?

IppoDLuffy
Woah!

I edited before you posted. Danm im so curious what is your favorite anime series

Final Blaxican
Naruto.

Again, I see where you're going with this.

What's the difference between One Peice and Naruto?

Naruto has only two characters I find to be irritating: Naruto and Sawsgay.

In the first season Kishimoto didn't ignore the side characters, thus Naruto's irritating personality wasn't rubbed in the watchers faces as much. Plus, he acts more serious in fights. Then in the second season, Shippuden, Naruto's matured and he's not irritating at all.

Now, One Piece. I find almost ALL the characters to be irritating, they don't even have to talk and I find them to be annoying. So how could I watch a show where almost all the characters irritate me almost all the time, as opposed to a show where the two characters only irritate me every once in awhile?

And before you say "Well you just need a sense of humor", ask the people who know me on here and they'll tell you I have a great sense of humor. I just like SMART humor, witty humor. Goofily drawn irritating loud characters is not the kind of funny I like.

ThunderGodEneru
Hat?

That one he wears in the beginning? Yes. That one. Fvck that hat.

And Naruto your favorite? Nub.

IppoDLuffy
Naruto. Not being mean but how many shows have you seen!

Final Blaxican
I edited.

And I've seen about... 30+ series, I've liked roughly a quarter of them.

That hat is retarded. He only has it for one episode though. no expression

Naruto is way cool. It requires intelligence. 313

IppoDLuffy
Naruto.

Again, I see where you're going with this.

What's the difference between One Peice and Naruto?

Naruto has only two characters I find to be irritating: Naruto and Sawsgay.

In the first season Kishimoto didn't ignore the side characters, thus Naruto's irritating personality wasn't rubbed in the watchers faces as much. Plus, he acts more serious in fights. Then in the second season, Shippuden, Naruto's matured and he's not irritating at all.

Now, One Piece. I find almost ALL the characters to be irritating, they don't even have to talk and I find them to be annoying. So how could I watch a show where almost all the characters irritate me almost all the time, as opposed to a show where the two characters only irritate me every once in awhile?

And before you say "Well you just need a sense of humor", ask the people who know me on here and they'll tell you I have a great sense of humor. I just like SMART humor, witty humor. Goofily drawn irritating loud characters is not the kind of funny I like. Okay I can understand maybe the shows just not for you but anyway Naruto is your favorite im asking have you seen epic shows like Yu Yu hakusho Samurai Champloo Trigun Soul Eater Naruto manga is good but the anime sucks! also Sakura irrates me and sasuke does alot but I can deal with Naruto but you have to admit this fight is epic! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu71ddF1m68

Final Blaxican
I own every episode Yu Yu Hakesho and Samurai Champloo. I've seen most of Tri-Gun over the years when it was still on Adult Swim but I didn't like the setting. As for Soul Eater I've never heard of it, but if you recommend it I'll go check it out.

Cool vid.

IppoDLuffy
I own every episode Yu Yu Hakesho and Samurai Champloo. I've seen most of Tri-Gun over the years when it was still on Adult Swim but I didn't like the setting. As for Soul Eater I've never heard of it, but if you recommend it I'll go check it out.

Cool vid. Dude I beyond recommend Soul Eater

Slaanesh
Soul eater, fairy tales, monster hunter, rave..all are great manga..

Nemesis X
Naruto is so bad, the cast wanted to be in Bleach.

http://www.7thsea.info/dumpstuff/naruto/halloween05/bleach_nins.jpg

Unfortunately, their auditions were terrible and that's how we got Ichigo and the gang. Thank goodness.

ThunderGodEneru
That hat is retarded. He only has it for one episode though. no expression

Naruto is way cool. It requires intelligence. 313 Ultimate Wil watches, enjoys, and understands Naruto.

Yes, I just went there. 131

And no, it really does not, the plotline and character development of One Piece takes a steamy shit on Naruto, where the focus is two guys. One of whom is an un-likeable piece of shit.

Tama-o-hoi
well blow me down and call me a feather!! im currently reading naruto (for free on a manga site) and its more for light reading when im bored. but i started reading it because it was apparently very popular... quite honestly its nothing special but like i said i read when to take a rest from reading GOOD manga... like... um... blame!, biomega, deathnote(kinda), black lagoon, lone wolf and cub, lady snow blood... among others...

The Last Rider
Personally, Naruto is cooler,at least in part 2.Part 1 made me want to slap him. Bleach is now repeating one arc they already did, with a different wrapper.Oh,and have a nice day.

NemeBro
Naruto<Bleach<<<<<<One Piece.

Quincy
It fluctuates

Bowser jr
i have to say bleach. coz i could not get in to naruto.

BradBalboa
See im the opposite i could never get into bleach i read some of the manga and preffered it over the anime, but Naruto for me =D

ATX/UT ND Money
I first ran into Naruto and began watching the anime and reading the manga and was pretty happy in the way things were shaping up. After the whole Chunin Exam arc and then Akatsuki being uncovered it looked real damn promising. But then they started focusing on characters that I really didnt like ( Naruto and Saske) and for the most part ignored the rest for the exception of of a few. Now we just see what is the inevitable showdown between Naruto and Saske while following on what seem like real lazy ways of having them be more powered up...I'm hoping they will be able to pull a rabbit out of thier ass and catch my intrest as before

As far as Bleach, same goes. The Vaized arc allowed more complex stories but I fear they are just going to end up DBZing the series and have Ichigo get uber powerful that the rest of the characters don't even matter...meh

anybody now of any other good mangas? I'm done with summer school and have no job so clearly I will pleannnnnnnnnnty of time yawn

Nemesis X
Watching only one filler in Naruto will make you automatically hate it. Bleach is far better and unlike Naruto, the fillers are at least decent.

leonheartmm
naruto. although the ANIME started sucking a bit in the earlier shippuden days

NemeBro
Originally posted by ATX/UT ND Money
but I fear they are just going to end up DBZing the series Kind of like what Naruto has already done, few can realistically give Naruto a challenge anymore.

Bleach is generally a bit better, but it somewhat fluctuates at times. Still though, neither are near the best there is.

TKM
Watching only one filler in Naruto will make you automatically hate it. Bleach is far better and unlike Naruto, the fillers are at least decent.

I like both series almost equally and I actually like the Naruto fillers. That's because it doesn't take much to make me laugh.

NemeBro
Originally posted by TKM
I like both series almost equally and I actually like the Naruto fillers. That's because it doesn't take much to make me laugh. Laugh at this *Grabs crotch*

/self pwn

no expression

TKM
Originally posted by NemeBro
Laugh at this *Grabs crotch*

/self pwn

no expression

Laugh at this... http://www.catmine.com/pix/middle_finger.jpg

NemeBro
Originally posted by TKM
Laugh at this... http://www.catmine.com/pix/middle_finger.jpg Why would I laugh at your pussy? It's very nice. smile

TKM
You must not be that bright.

NemeBro
I guess not. sad

killermover
Bleach has the better characters and the hotter females, Naruto has the better fights and better pace. But Lisa and Nanao > Karin.

WO Polaski
whats the appeal behind karin? she looks hideous there are much more attractive women in the manga but i see a lot of guys hang on her. is it because she bits herself?

NemeBro
It probably is the biting thing.

She is not "hideous" but there are much better looking girls in the manga, yeah.

Nemesis X
Bleach does indeed have the hotter females. At least none of them are old and try to look young using tricks. Tsunade fans maybe into Tsunade now but when they learn that she's in her fifties, they may flip (I know I did lol).

NemeBro
Pft.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/lr_Temari-0074.png

Astner
I never understood why people are turned on by GILF like Tsunande.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Astner

What's a GILF?

NemeBro
Grandmother I'd like to fvck.

ATX/UT ND Money
Originally posted by Astner

because...you'd like to f*%k em regardless confused

Geass
Bleach is better,it has a lot more cooler fights.

nature101
NARUTO ALL THE WAY!!!!

angel reading smile

danteiscool
can't decide. both are really great anime series.

Weltall
Bleach smashes it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.