No More Nick Fury for Samuel L. Jackson?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anti-Monitor
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7984

Source:Los Angeles Times January 14, 2009

Samuel L. Jackson, who made a cameo appearance as Nick Fury in Iron Man, tell the Los Angeles Times that talks about him returning to the role in future Marvel Studios have broken down:

"There was a huge kind of negotiation that broke down. I don't know. Maybe I won't be Nick Fury. Maybe somebody else will be Nick Fury or maybe Nick Fury won't be in it. There seems to be an economic crisis in the Marvel Comics world so , 'We're not making that deal.'"

I called Marvel Comics and they gave me a statement that suggested that they still want to see Jackson wearing the eyepatch. "Marvel does not comment on active negotiations," was the boilerplate repsonse, but there was that emphasis on the word "active" in the voice of the spokesman who phoned me back.

mad mad

BruceSkywalker
Yeah I read that. Shame really

Kero_Co
Funny, Terrence Howard, now Samuel L. Jackson, I'm just sayin...

whistle

Kazenji
Wonder how they will do Nick fury now, Don't say they have plans to use the other one when we've seen the Ultimates one at the end of Iron Man.

Scythe
Jackson seemed more like the Nick Fury from the Ultimates, f*ck that shit. Does that mean that the new Avengers movie, if it even gets done, will be based around the Ultimates universe? Crap, I hope not.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
Wonder how they will do Nick fury now, Don't say they have plans to use the other one when we've seen the Ultimates one at the end of Iron Man.

Unless something happens and Sam is back, I won't be surprised if they don't use Nick Fury at all

jinXed by JaNx
glad to hear this. For one, Samuel Jackson is far to old and he also can't act very well. I would rather see Nick Fury not Samuel Jackson being Samuel Jackson while he plays Nick Fury.

rox
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

say what.

Wei Phoenix
glad to hear this. For one, Samuel Jackson is far to old and he also can't act very well. I would rather see Nick Fury not Samuel Jackson being Samuel Jackson while he plays Nick Fury.

Dude...you used to be so cool. Tell me what happened? Are you on the "white horse"?

Warrior18
Originally posted by Scythe
Jackson seemed more like the Nick Fury from the Ultimates, f*ck that shit. Does that mean that the new Avengers movie, if it even gets done, will be based around the Ultimates universe? Crap, I hope not.

I think it might be an amalgam of the two. But I too share your fear. I don't like the ultimates. sad

SnakeEyes

I know what you mean. SLJ's been great in some roles, but lately, he's been doing a lot of shit movies, where he simply acts like Samuel L. Jackson (like you said). For the sake of continuity, I'd kind of like him to be Nick Fury though. We'll see how this pans out.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Dude...you used to be so cool. Tell me what happened? Are you on the "white horse"?

laughing out loud
i've gone sober.

No, i don't mind sammy but, lately it seems like he has just stopped trying. I liked Resurrecting the Champ and Blake Snake Moan but anytime he heads up the badass rule it just feels artificial. My issue with Sammy is more personal than anything. This guy came out of no where and made his way into hollywood on a fluke. I'm not knocking him for that, i'm glad he made it and i know most people get into the business on a fluke. He made his career playing the same character. You would think that he would be a self aware guy as well as appreciative. Sometimes you see him giving interviews and he is a rather cool guy but many times he is just a conceded ****. He speaks as though he has mastered some art.

I started second guessing the guy when i first heard him talk about Ludacris and The Rock. Now, i loathe ludacris. I think he is most pretentious and fake human being alive but if he wants to act and someone wants to give him work, then why not? Sammy once said about the rock and Ludacris that they are not actors that they should stick to their respective medium. Because they have received no acting training they are discrediting the industry by accepting marquee roles. I've noticed as well, the dude either takes his movies way to serious or not serious enough. With that said i still think he's good at what he does when he is trying.

Holographical
Meh... Ult. Nick was based on SLJ... if he plays himself, it shouldn't miss the mark by much.

Scythe
Originally posted by Warrior18
I think it might be an amalgam of the two. But I too share your fear. I don't like the ultimates. sad

I know right? I've been talkin' to my friends about this, and they started sensing awkward racist vibes, because I said that it sucks that the first Avengers movie ever to be made, and it's not even modeled after the real Avengers! Nick Fury was a white guy! YOU RACIST BASTARD! Me?! No way, I just dislike the ulimates universe.

Kazenji

You have seen the Nick Fury from the Ultimate universe ?

Anti-Monitor

Anti-Monitor
Looks like Marvel is paying cheap and is screwing up great things that is set in motion.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
Looks like Marvel is paying cheap and is screwing up great things that is set in motion.

Sam Jackson is the hardest working man in hollywood who deserves to get paid by Marvel..

Things could get worse for Marvel in the long run

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Kazenji
You have seen the Nick Fury from the Ultimate universe ?

yeah man but i loathe the ultimate universe, for the most part. It does do a few things well. I'm just biased. I'm not very fond of Sam

jinXed by JaNx

Placidity
I've never liked the Black Fury. Bring on the old/other one.

On a side note, I heard there were ideas to introduce a Black Superman or Wonder Woman lol. I don't have anything against any race, but its just stupid when you intentionally change the race of a character. Its like how stupid would it be if Blade or Luke Cage was changed to a White guy. Its like they want to send a loud message like "WE AREN'T RACIST" or something.

jinXed by JaNx
fuk that. If it makes me racist because i want the character that i grew up with then bring on the white power music. Changing a characters race just to broaden demographic appeal is nazi shit. I will say, however. I was cool with the Kingpin casting choice. I think that dude could have made a perfect kingpin. It's just a shame that they made kingpin such a pussy.

srankmissingnin
Big budget movies like this with large casts require the cast to take low ball offers or give half their pay away to pay the rest of the crew like Reeves did in the Matrix. Samuel Jacksons should be Nick Fury for the sake of being Nick Fury reguardless of the payment, its not like he is in short supply of money... and he hasn't been in anything worth while in a long time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.