Batman vs. Jango Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
As per my own rule about following film canon, my thread about Batman (from The Dark Knight) versus Boba Fett (from Empire) was rather droll due to the fact that Boba didn't do much of anything on screen. Much of Boba's notoriety came from novelizations of the EU. I feel that this can be a thriving thread, or, ultimately, can be a disaster.

Take the same scenario:

Batman has home field advantage. The fight is in Gotham City.

Jango Fett (from Ep. II) has all of his gear and weapons that were present during the fight against Obi Wan. Slave I is not present during this fight.

Batman (from The Dark Knight) has all of his weapons and the Batpod.

Can the Caped Crusader hold his own against Jango Fett?

And before any of you say "D00d, Jango would pwn Batman for teh sure.", just look at what Obi Wan does during the fight, and he doesn't even have near the fighting skills of Bats. (Although, I will admit, he does have the power of The Force at his disposal.)

9Glv8gYYAyQ

Final Blaxican
Obi-Wan also has this thing called a lightsaber that allows him to deflect blaster bolts. no expression

Robtard
Batman is adept at avoiding gun fire in the films, so Jango's laser pistol shouldn't be too difficult, considering the laser fire in the SW universe travels ridiculously slow.

The Batpod with it's speed, what looks like .50 caliber twin guns and rocket launchers should make quick work of Jango

In a H2H fight, Jango didn't do anything of the sort in the films, so this clearly goes to Batman, if it came to that.

If Jango goes airborne, Batman's home field advantage of Gotham and being able to use buildings to duck into and windows to attack/grapple from win's there too.

So B-b-b-b-b-b-Batman for the win.

Final Blaxican
None of the people who use guns in the Batman movies are actually good at doing so... they're all wildly inaccurate sub-machine guns, and he spends most of his time dodging in and out of shadows. The darkness won't affect Jango with his visor on, and he's one of the greatest shots in the entire Star Wars mythos. The Attack of the Clones novel states that Mace was barely able to parry Jango's shots when he was shooting with only one pistol, because his aim and speed is so great.

On top of that he's got missiles (a counter to the Batpod), a flame thrower (which means Bruce can never ever get close, he can't dodge a flame thrower), a suit of armor that's partially lightsaber resistant, a jet pack that allows him to scale hundred foot buildings instantly, and a pair of heavy blasters that will go right through Bruce's suit in one blast and the batpod as well.

So Jango has the maneuverability advantage, the weapons advantage, can see in the dark... the only advantage he doesn't have is knowledge of the location, but it hardly matters. None of the tricks batman uses against random joe blows will work against the greatest bounty hunter in the Star Wars mythos (besides Boba).

As for blaster bolts moving slow... they don't. They look like they do because they're large and they're bright, but they're not slow. 50 caliber AA bullets look slow, but that's because they're tracers. Blaster botls are tracers as well.

Robtard
I understand thay in the novels/literature the Fett's are complete bad-asses, but in the movies, Boba was a clown and Jango was mediocre at best.

Batman also has enhanced vision capabilites, as seen in TDK. So that's a wash. I believe the Batsuit protects against flames.

Dude, the lasers in SW move way slower than gun fire, not sure why and it makes no sense, but that's the way it is. A perfect example would be the garbage shute scene in ep IV, it was bouncing off the walls and moving incredibly slow by comparison.

Final Blaxican
The Attack of the Clones novel isn't EU though.

The AtotC novel, RotS novel, and TPM novels are all 100% movie-level canon.

And that enhanced capability sonar thing is only possible with the help of Morgan Freeman... who isn't present in this match. no expression

Robtard
It's still a novel and we're discussing the movies. If we bring in the written literature of both characters, then Batman would ass-rape both Jango and Boba together.

Final Blaxican
But the AotC novel IS the movie.. same feats same exact events same everything... it just states what the characters are thinking at the time that it's happening. I don't quite understand the difference.

If we were to include EU, well, Jango and Boba have done things that Batman has never done and simply can't do without prep time.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
As per my own rule about following film canon, my thread about Batman (from The Dark Knight) versus Boba Fett (from Empire) was rather droll due to the fact that Boba didn't do much of anything on screen. Much of Boba's notoriety came from novelizations of the EU. I feel that this can be a thriving thread, or, ultimately, can be a disaster.

Take the same scenario:

Batman has home field advantage. The fight is in Gotham City.

Jango Fett (from Ep. II) has all of his gear and weapons that were present during the fight against Obi Wan. Slave I is not present during this fight.

Batman (from The Dark Knight) has all of his weapons and the Batpod.

Can the Caped Crusader hold his own against Jango Fett?

And before any of you say "D00d, Jango would pwn Batman for teh sure.", just look at what Obi Wan does during the fight, and he doesn't even have near the fighting skills of Bats. (Although, I will admit, he does have the power of The Force at his disposal.)

9Glv8gYYAyQ Mattie, Obi Wan would KILL Batman in seconds.

SpaceMonkey
The reason Jango Fett is selected to be the host for the clone army is that he is the best non-Force fighter in the galaxy. He knows how to defeat Jedi, that's why he hangs in a fight with a Jedi master. What other non-Force adept human can hang with a Jedi Master in a fight? Sorry, but this fight easily goes to Jango.

Scarlet Fox
You have to remember. Batman is no fool. He would most likely research Jango and find out who he is and find out about his many talents and then load his belt up wih all kinds of fun gadgets to fight him. Not to mention he would alter his suit to better withstand the "Laser" ~Imitates Dr. Evil~ Now im not saying Batman could beat Jango, BUT im not saying Jango beats Batman. Its a really close thing and would inevitably end in luck.

Final Blaxican
How is Batman going to research a being who doesn't exist in his universe?

And this is without prep time... it's not like Batman knows he's going to be fighting Jango.

With prep Batman could pull a win by using an EMP grenade or something to **** up Jango's visor. But he'd lose at least 8/10 times if they just ran into each other. 10/10 times if they were fighting anywhere outside of Gotham.

Rogue Jedi
See, every time there is a matchup here with Batman, someone says "Batman will research them!!!"

It shouldnt be like that, it should be BAM theres Jango and Batman fights him.

Final Blaxican
Well, prep is sometimes allowed for people like Batman because his brain is his by far most powerful weapon. I'm pretty sure he's solo owned the entire JLA with prep. He is one with the PIS force.

It has to be stated in the OP though.

Rogue Jedi
Prep time is for pussies.

Final Blaxican
If you fail to plan you plan to fail. sad

Rogue Jedi
Makes for a more interesting fight if it happens out of the blue.

Impediment
Bats has no prep time. Bounty hunters give no prep time.

However, Bats is a force to be reckoned with, no?

Robtard
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
But the AotC novel IS the movie.. same feats same exact events same everything... it just states what the characters are thinking at the time that it's happening. I don't quite understand the difference.

If we were to include EU, well, Jango and Boba have done things that Batman has never done and simply can't do without prep time.

That is irrelevant, we go with what we see in the movies, and in the movies, Jango isn't all 'super bad ass'. I understand in the novels he's done justice as the "greatest bounty hunter" should be, so is Boba. In the movies though, they both got short-changed, especially Boba, who was '**** on a bull' personified, just embaressing.

I haven't read them, so I'll take your word for it, but Batman has done things that are rediculous above and beyond his human standing in the comics, novels and graphic novels. I believe he managed to evade Darksied's Omega Beams; no one is supposed to be able.

I digress though, Jango in the movies is just okay and that won't cut it against Batman of the movies.

Well, prep is sometimes allowed for people like Batman because his brain is his by far most powerful weapon. I'm pretty sure he's solo owned the entire JLA with prep. He is one with the PIS force.

It has to be stated in the OP though.

Yes and no, Batman uses his intellect in real-time too, constantly assessing his enemy and quickly adjusting as needed.

Final Blaxican
Yes he is "super badass" in the movies, because he does the exact same things in the movies as he does in the novel. There is literally nothing he does in the novel that he doesn't do in the movie...

Batman hasn't done without prep that Jango and Boba can't top. Jango defeated a small army of jedi knights using only his fists and was hardly injured... Boba owned a planet and a fleet of starcrusiers by himself, etc. Even more ridicoulus things.

Movie jango has the weaponry needed to put Batman down for good.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Mattie, Obi Wan would KILL Batman in seconds.

Give Batman a jetpack or some other means of staying out of range, he could hold off Obi and make an escape just as easily.

Final Blaxican
If you give Frodo Baggins Superman's powers he could probably solo the entire Star Wars universe. no expression

Robtard
If you give Frodo Baggins Superman's powers he could probably solo the entire Star Wars universe. no expression

RJ was trying to make a point that Jango's fight with Obi proves he's some bad-ass, when all he did was evade and run, two things Batman could do. Don't act foolish, you know better.

If Batman faced Obi with the Batpod, he'd probably fair better than Jango and his jetpack.

Final Blaxican
If someone is running at you with a glow-rod that can eviscerate you with one sweep than "evading" is the most ingenious thing you can do.

Fact of the matter is that Obi-Wan at that point moves so fast that he's essentially a blur to most people, and he's already one of the top knights that are "currently" in the order and he has command of an energy force that allows him to see things before they happen and has a super human boost in speed and strength and perception. The fact that even without his jet pack Jango was able to give Obi-Wan enough of a fight that the Jedi Knight was, quote on quote, "lucky to escape with his life", is proof enough hat he's a certified badass.

Jango only had the jetpack for about ten seconds before Obi-Wan floored him, and even then it's supposedly such a complicated instrument to use that the majority of life forms in the galaxy are hard pressed to use one without killing themselves. Being able to aim and not miss a single shot while jetting around in one is near impossible.

If the Batpod fired blaster bolts instead of machine gun bullets probably not. Obi-Wan can simply force push the glorified motorcycle over or yank Bruce off, or deflect the bolts back.

Jedi have trouble against ballistic rounds though.

Final Blaxican
nBsNc_KM5MI

That dude was a jedi COUNCIL member by the way. no expression

ermm

Robtard
If someone is running at you with a glow-rod that can eviscerate you with one sweep than "evading" is the most ingenious thing you can do.

Fact of the matter is that Obi-Wan at that point moves so fast that he's essentially a blur to most people, and he's already one of the top knights that are "currently" in the order and he has command of an energy force that allows him to see things before they happen and has a super human boost in speed and strength and perception. The fact that even without his jet pack Jango was able to give Obi-Wan enough of a fight that the Jedi Knight was, quote on quote, "lucky to escape with his life", is proof enough hat he's a certified badass.

Jango only had the jetpack for about ten seconds before Obi-Wan floored him, and even then it's supposedly such a complicated instrument to use that the majority of life forms in the galaxy are hard pressed to use one without killing themselves. Being able to aim and not miss a single shot while jetting around in one is near impossible.

If the Batpod fired blaster bolts instead of machine gun bullets probably not. Obi-Wan can simply force push the glorified motorcycle over or yank Bruce off, or deflect the bolts back.

Jedi have trouble against ballistic rounds though.

Again, are you interjecting? I don't remember Obi coming at Jango in "blurring" speed, I know Jedi have these powers, but did he actually use them in that fight? Despite what Obi said, he clearly was the winner, as Jango had to flee or he would have been dead; not the other way around. If Jango could have killed him, he would have, it would have been the smart thing to do.

Your "Obi would just *force powers*" points are irrelevant here, if Obi had been written more intelligently, he would have just done the same to Jango. Force-pulled the gun out of his hand and then Force-slammed him to the ground. I believe you mentioned this in a different thread, about Jedi not using their uber advantages of the Force to win battles far easier in the movies.

Sorry, Jango of the movies isn't Jango of the novels, I haven't read the novels but I have read snippets here and there, Jango of the books would school Jango of the movie; easily too.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Robtard
Again, are you interjecting? I don't remember Obi coming at Jango in "blurring" speed, I know Jedi have these powers, but did he actually use them in that fight? Despite what Obi said, he clearly was the winner, as Jango had to flee or he would have been dead; not the other way around. If Jango could have killed him, he would have, it would have been the smart thing to do.

What are you talking about? Jango left because he thought Obi-Wan was dead. They both fell over the side of the platform and Jango was clutching to the side with his wrist blades while Obi-Wan was dangiling over the water by the steel cable that was tied around his hands that Jango had attached to his own wrists. Jango cut the rope and looked over the edge and Obi-Wan was no where to be found so he assumed that he had plunged into the water and was, thus, dead. So he got up and left. He never "ran away".

As for powers, yeah. He did. He used the force to dodge some blaster bolts and a missile, jumped about thirty feet into the air and karate kicked Jango to the ground, force pulled his lightsaber, did some kung-fu flips... yeah I'd say he used his powers.

In vs. battles PIS doesn't apply. Ever.

But even then Obi-Wan has used the force in battle before. He force pushed Greivous 50 feet up into the air, tugged his lightsaber away from Jango when he dived for it, etc. The bat-pod is a non-living piece of metal. In the Jango/Obi-Wan fight Obi-Wan tugs a peice of metal. Thus, even if we were to use your logic he could still just tug the batpod or even nudge the wheel a little bit.

And they'd both beat movie Batman.

Rogue Jedi
One big advantage Jango has is that he will kill without a second thought.

Robtard
What are you talking about? Jango left because he thought Obi-Wan was dead. They both fell over the side of the platform and Jango was clutching to the side with his wrist blades while Obi-Wan was dangiling over the water by the steel cable that was tied around his hands that Jango had attached to his own wrists. Jango cut the rope and looked over the edge and Obi-Wan was no where to be found so he assumed that he had plunged into the water and was, thus, dead. So he got up and left. He never "ran away".

As for powers, yeah. He did. He used the force to dodge some blaster bolts and a missile, jumped about thirty feet into the air and karate kicked Jango to the ground, force pulled his lightsaber, did some kung-fu flips... yeah I'd say he used his powers.

In vs. battles PIS doesn't apply. Ever.

But even then Obi-Wan has used the force in battle before. He force pushed Greivous 50 feet up into the air, tugged his lightsaber away from Jango when he dived for it, etc. The bat-pod is a non-living piece of metal. In the Jango/Obi-Wan fight Obi-Wan tugs a peice of metal. Thus, even if we were to use your logic he could still just tug the batpod or even nudge the wheel a little bit.

And they'd both beat movie Batman.

It's been awhile, I don't remember Obi fake falling, I believe you though.

Point was, he could have used his Force powers far more effectively in that fight.

I agree, that's why the "Obi would just Force whatever to Batman" is irrelevant here. I'm not arguing that Obi couldn't beat Batman and the Batpod if plot stupidity isn't a factor, Obi all out would win quickly against Batman. In turn, if plot stupidity wasn't a factor, he would have destroyed Jango with the full spectrum of his Force abilities and easily too. Would have disarmed him, pushed him to the ground etc.

Novel Jango or Boba vs movie Batman, they'd probably win, going off what little I know/heard of the written material. The novels are irrelevant here, though.

Edit: Movie Batman vs movie Jango in the specified scenario, Batman wins.

Robtard
One big advantage Jango has is that he will kill without a second thought.

How is that an advantage? This is a Vs fight; hero morals are thrown out the window, Batman would not give Jango a free-pass to continue fighting once he had him. They're both in it for the win.

Placidity
The Attack of the Clones novel states that Mace was barely able to parry Jango's shots when he was shooting with only one pistol, because his aim and speed is so great.

I haven't read the novels, but your claim that they are the same is in error by one example you have provided. I think the film (Ep II) made it quite a point that Jango was no match for Mace and he was easily dispatched.

Just on a side note, that's also one of my favourite moments from EpII. The scene where Jango dashes for Mace's dropped lightsaber, and then Mace retrieves it with the force with a look on his face like, "now what mofo, you think you can take me?" cool

Rogue Jedi
How is that an advantage? This is a Vs fight; hero morals are thrown out the window, Batman would not give Jango a free-pass to continue fighting once he had him. They're both in it for the win. Well, if they are at a certain point in the fight, and Batman sees an oppurtunity to win, but knows if he does he will kill Jango, he will hold back. Jango will never hold back.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Placidity
I haven't read the novels, but your claim that they are the same is in error by one example you have provided. I think the film (Ep II) made it quite a point that Jango was no match for Mace and he was easily dispatched.

It didn't make that point at all, imo. Mace just ran toward him and lopped his head off. All the book says is what Mace is thinking at the time that he does it. It's not like he was smiling the whole time or something because of how easy it was. There's no contradiction.

Ultimately, you're correct. It was well within Obi-Wan's power to just snap his neck or something but he never does. I'll give you that.

I still disagree. How is Bruce going to even get at him? As I stated before, he has a jetpack which can launch him hundreds of feet in about a second, and has homing missiles on his back. We don't know if the Batpod can even aim it's guns higher then twenty feet off the ground, and are you assuming that Batman will be able to drive it at a hundred miles per hour through the Gotham streets while firing at Jango while pulling tight turns while dodging misses while dodging Jango's expert blaster fire? With the Batpod Bruce gas literally zero protection. His whole bodies exposed to blaster fire and the like. The Batpod isn't going to work against a flying opponent.

On foot Batman's greatest ally, darkness, will be useless because Jango's visor makes him see in the dark. On top of that Jango's got blades that pop out of the sides of his wrist gauntlets, a flamethrower, steel rope, of course his missiles, and his trade-mark blasters. How is Batman going to even get close to him? If he somehow gets at him Jango's wearing a full set of mandalorian iron armor that's partially lightsaber resistant and nullifies just about all hand-to-hand damages. He's a walking tank that can fly...

Robtard
Well, if they are at a certain point in the fight, and Batman sees an oppurtunity to win, but knows if he does he will kill Jango, he will hold back. Jango will never hold back.

I believe in these Vs fights, it's for the win, not "I'll win, as long as I don't hurt the other person."

Robtard
I still disagree. How is Bruce going to even get at him? As I stated before, he has a jetpack which can launch him hundreds of feet in about a second, and has homing missiles on his back. We don't know if the Batpod can even aim it's guns higher then twenty feet off the ground, and are you assuming that Batman will be able to drive it at a hundred miles per hour through the Gotham streets while firing at Jango while pulling tight turns while dodging misses while dodging Jango's expert blaster fire? With the Batpod Bruce gas literally zero protection. His whole bodies exposed to blaster fire and the like. The Batpod isn't going to work against a flying opponent.

On foot Batman's greatest ally, darkness, will be useless because Jango's visor makes him see in the dark. On top of that Jango's got blades that pop out of the sides of his wrist gauntlets, a flamethrower, steel rope, of course his missiles, and his trade-mark blasters. How is Batman going to even get close to him? If he somehow gets at him Jango's wearing a full set of mandalorian iron armor that's partially lightsaber resistant and nullifies just about all hand-to-hand damages. He's a walking tank that can fly...

I'll concede that Batman is at a disadvantage when it comes to weapons, as he doesn't have a pistol, on-person rocket or flamethrower and the Batpod while powerful, would probably be useless with the exception of making a tactical retreat if Jango goes airborne.

Jango's armor isn't all that great, he has numerous unprotected areas on his body, just look at a picture, so he isn't a "flying tank".

If Batman were to stupidly charge him, I think he'd lose. Batman isn't a moron and he can easily see how well armed Jango is, so I don't see that happening. I think Batman would win as he'd use Gotham to his advantage, a home field advantage here is a huge plus, his grappling gear could be used to entangle Jango, he has bombs strong enough to blow a hole in a brick wall, the batarangs are strong and accurate enough to knock a pistol out of an opponents hand, his wrist blades could be used lethally up close, his retard 'I can call a swarm of bats' thing could also be used to distract Jango, he has several options other than just charging an obviously well armed Jango.

I don't remember Jango having this super night vision, thermal vision etc. in the films. When did he use it?

Impediment
Jango's armor isn't all that great, he has numerous unprotected areas on his body, just look at a picture, so he isn't a "flying tank".

Well, he has to have some decent armor, I mean, just look at what the big beast does to him, and he still gets up:

4ebnBZIpESY

And we are going strictly off of what we saw Jango do. I don't recall him having any special visors.

Robtard
I agree, he has armor and it protects him, what it isn't though is "tank like", as there are many unarmored areas.

Rogue Jedi
I believe in these Vs fights, it's for the win, not "I'll win, as long as I don't hurt the other person." So Batman's persona and fighting style is not to be considered?

Sadako of Girth
The Fett armour jet pack's vulnerability/lack of reliability, is to be considered.

In both AOTC and ROTJ its pretty clear that that pack is susceptible to being fubared with even the most minor of damage/glancing blow with fatal consequences for the user..
(The kind of blow that Batman is likely to be able to inflict many times over.)

And I would dispute the speed of Jango's jet pack. It clearly cannot do hundreds of feet in a second. Proponents of the jetpack asserting that forget that its dragging a heavy assed suit of armour with a heavy set guy in it, and all that drag/wind resistance... Not to mention the rate of acceleration requiring perhaps longer than that second to achieve the velocity in question. etc
The best evidence of all though is in the movies where his rates of speed are shown on camera as being much less than is chatted about here.

Robtard
So Batman's persona and fighting style is not to be considered?

It's obvious you think Jango wins here, as you vehemently argued that Boba would beat Batman in the previous thread, despite Boba being utterly inept in the film; so now you're reaching for any conceivable nonsense you can here.

Batman is trying to win, his moral code is a non-factor in these Vs fights. So just stop the clowning about.

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
The Fett armour jet pack's vulnerability/lack of reliability, is to be considered.

In both AOTC and ROTJ its pretty clear that that pack is susceptible to being fubared with even the most minor of damage/glancing blow with fatal consequences for the user..
(The kind of blow that Batman is likely to be able to inflict many times over.)

And I would dispute the speed of Jango's jet pack. It clearly cannot do hundreds of feet in a second. Proponents of the jetpack asserting that forget that its dragging a heavy assed suit of armour with a heavy set guy in it, and all that drag/wind resistance... Not to mention the rate of acceleration requiring perhaps longer than that second to achieve the velocity in question. etc
The best evidence of all though is in the movies where his rates of speed are shown on camera as being much less than is chatted about here.

I was going to bring that up, based on how easily Boba's jetpack was ruined, but I don't know if they have the same pack, I'd think so, but who knows. It is fully exposed though, so he's basically carrying a can of flamable liquid on his back, which could be used as a weapon against him.

You bring up a good point, it's more of a jump-pack, short slow burst of vertical flying, as seen per the films. He's certainly no Rocketeer.

Rogue Jedi
It's obvious you think Jango wins here, as you vehemently argued that Boba would beat Batman in the previous thread, despite Boba being utterly inept in the film; so now you're reaching for any conceivable nonsense you can here.

Batman is trying to win, his moral code is a non-factor in these Vs fights. So just stop the clowning about. No clowning, just stating the obvious.

Robtard
No clowning, just stating the obvious.

And the obvious is that Batman's moral code wouldn't be a factor in these Vs fights, as they've never been before with any character.

Rogue Jedi
And the obvious is that Batman's moral code wouldn't be a factor in these Vs fights. How so? Batman is still Batman, and Batman does not kill. It's not like he is gonna alter his personality for the fight. He is going to use hia training and gadgets, and fight the same as he did in the movies.

Sadako of Girth
I was going to bring that up, based on how easily Boba's jetpack was ruined, but I don't know if they have the same pack, I'd think so, but who knows. It is fully exposed though, so he's basically carrying a can of flamable liquid on his back, which could be used as a weapon against him.

You bring up a good point, it's more of a jump-pack, short slow burst of vertical flying, as seen per the films. He's certainly no Rocketeer.

If its not the same pack, then Boba's is certainly as vulnerable/poor designed as Jangos, as after Jango rolled over while wearing it knackered Jango's pack, Han was able to blindly mess Boba's up with a stick.

And what if the afformentioned possiblility of Batman's EMP messing up Jango's suit extends to affecting Jangos pack whilst he is in flight or if Jango is caught by Batman whilst he is executing a short jump between tall buildings..? Fett flavour pavement pizza.

Actually forget the EMP, a well placed Bat-arang shot would even do it, judging by the fragility displayed in the movies by those suit's packs..

Rogue Jedi
If its not the same pack, then Boba's is certainly as vulnerable/poor designed as Jangos, as after Jango rolled over while wearing it knackered Jango's pack, Han was able to blindly mess Boba's up with a stick.

And what if the afformentioned possiblility of Batman's EMP messing up Jango's suit extends to affecting Jangos pack whilst he is in flight or if Jango is caught by Batman whilst he is executing a short jump between tall buildings..? Fett flavour pavement pizza. Good point on Jangos jetpack. It always amazed me how easily it went south on him.

Robtard
How so? Batman is still Batman, and Batman does not kill. It's not like he is gonna alter his personality for the fight. He is going to use hia training and gadgets, and fight the same as he did in the movies.

Remember the Swagger Vs Batman thread, you argued that Swagger could easily take out Batman with one sniper round to the head or body if using a .50 cal?

Now, using the tactics you're trying to gimp Batman in a Vs fight here, would Swagger kill a good guy who spends his time fighting crime?

Just stop, in the Vs fights, it's all out; it's always all out. You know this.

Impediment, can I get a ruling here? Are the Vs fights all out and a hero's moral code isn't a factor?

Sadako of Girth
And thinking about it further... Batman could resolve the situation that way, safe in the knowledge that it was the shit jetpack's failure that caused his opponent's death.
Not that the 'morals' safety is on in the scenario...

Rogue Jedi
Remember the Swagger Vs Batman thread, you argued that Swagger could easily take out Batman with one sniper round to the head or body if using a .50 cal?

Now, using the tactics you're trying to gimp Batman in a Vs fight here, would Swagger kill a good guy who spends his time fighting crime?

Just stop, in the Vs fights, it's all out; it's always all out. You know this.

Impediment, can I get a ruling here? Are the Vs fights all out and a hero's moral code isn't a factor? Dude haermm One thing has nothing to do with the other. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Batman does not kill, simple as that. We judge combatants on their feats in the movies, yes? Well, Batmans feats are based on him not killing.

Sadako of Girth
Then maybe Batman disarms his jetpack, fights him, and turns his ass in to commissioner Gordon...?

And If Batman's enemies die while he nobley tries for the arrest, then thats ok too. Always was with him.

Rogue Jedi
If Jango has the jetpack the entire fight, plus his dual blasters, he definitely has an advantage. Batman, resourceful as he is, would probably figure out a way to ground Jango.

And it's a no brainer that h2h Batman pwns here.

Sadako of Girth
Again even with the blasters... its not guaranteed.
They are much much slower than bullets and with Batman's agility that doesnt (unless its a shot at point blank range) look like to much of an advantage for Jango.
And we've seen Batman deal with fire before, so Jango's flame throwing shenanigans are unlikely to impress.

That sniper dart that Jango shot into Zam Wessell's neck in AOTC might be an asset for him though. If you can shoot someone so precisely in the neck from that range with that accuracy, thats a useful weapon to have. And that venom was very rapidly working too.

Robtard
Dude haermm One thing has nothing to do with the other. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Batman does not kill, simple as that. We judge combatants on their feats in the movies, yes? Well, Batmans feats are based on him not killing.

You're using a double standard here, Swagger isn't a murderer, he wouldn't kill a good guy who fights crime, yet you had no problem debating that he'd shoot Batman through the head.

But now that Batman is facing off against one of favorite characters, Batman suddenly is gimped by the good-guy's code, according to you.

Robtard

That sniper dart that Jango shot into Zam Wessell's neck in AOTC might be an asset for him though. If you can shoot someone so precisely in the neck from that range with that accuracy, thats a useful weapon to have. And that venom was very rapidly working too.

That would be Jango's best bet, playing an assassin's role. Finding and hitting Batman before he's aware of him. Question is, can he find Batman without alerting him first in Gotham?

Rogue Jedi
You're using a double standard here, Swagger isn't a murderer, he wouldn't kill a good guy who fights crime, yet you had no problem debating that he'd shoot Batman through the head.

But now that Batman is facing off against one of favorite characters, Batman suddenly is gimped by the good-guy's code, according to you. Jango is one of my fave characters now? When did that happen?

Drop the Swagger shit, man, it has nothing to do with this thread.

Let's let Impediment tell us if Batman's moral code comes into play, after all, it's his thread.

Rogue Jedi
Again even with the blasters... its not guaranteed.
They are much much slower than bullets and with Batman's agility that doesnt (unless its a shot at point blank range) look like to much of an advantage for Jango.
And we've seen Batman deal with fire before, so Jango's flame throwing shenanigans are unlikely to impress.

That sniper dart that Jango shot into Zam Wessell's neck in AOTC might be an asset for him though. If you can shoot someone so precisely in the neck from that range with that accuracy, thats a useful weapon to have. And that venom was very rapidly working too. Plus he wears really cool boots.

Rogue Jedi
That would be Jango's best bet, playing an assassin's role. Finding and hitting Batman before he's aware of him. Question is, can he find Batman without alerting him first in Gotham? Hmm......That's an excellent point. But one has to wonder, as you stated, how stealthy Jango really is, and if he can pull off what you said.

Robtard
Let's let Impediment tell us if Batman's moral code comes into play, after all, it's his thread.

A good character's moral code has never come into play, this help objectiveness in these Vs fights, otherwise Superman's beyond incredible powers would be gimped, as an example.

You know this.

Sadako of Girth
That would be Jango's best bet, playing an assassin's role. Finding and hitting Batman before he's aware of him. Question is, can he find Batman without alerting him first in Gotham?

Hehehe yes thats very true. yes

Mandalorian armour does stick out like sore thumb, doesn't it..?

Rogue Jedi
A good character's moral code has never come into play, this help objectiveness in these Vs fights, otherwise Superman's beyond incredible powers would be gimped, as an example.

You know this. Impediments call, not ours.

Sadako of Girth

You know this.

The only time I would ever see a case for it would be in a "Robocop (Programed with directive 4) Vs Random OCP Exec" thread.

But beyond that, none.

If we ever have a "Mother Theresa Vs Harvey Keitel's Bad Lieutenant" death match, then regardless of her moral conundrum, I vote she should be allowed to savagely beat Bad Lieutenant's head in with a brick,if she wants to. stick out tongue

Robtard
Hehehe yes thats very true. yes

Mandalorian armour does stick out like sore thumb, doesn't it..?

Jango should wait until October 31st then.

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud It worked well enough for ET. stick out tongue

So, we have ascertained so far that Jango only has a slim chance of beating Batman, if he hides out until the 31st of october, and shoots from a distance of like a mile away with only one of his armaments without Bruce/Batman ever having once found out about his existance.

Looking like a Batman win then, 9 and a half times out of ten against movie Jango (or Boba in the same scenario).

Robtard
There's a Robot Chicken skit of 'what happened to Boba after he fell into the sarlacc' that is great, they play on the fact that Boba was a nothing in the films, despite the 'greatest bounty-hunter in the galaxy' moniker.

It was on youtube, but it's gone now, watch it if you can.

Sadako of Girth
big grin Excellent. I love that show, I'll hunt it down. Thanks.

Rogue Jedi
There's a Robot Chicken skit of 'what happened to Boba after he fell into the sarlacc' that is great, they play on the fact that Boba was a nothing in the films, despite the 'greatest bounty-hunter in the galaxy' moniker.

It was on youtube, but it's gone now, watch it if you can. I'm sure you know of the EU books that shows what happened to Fett.

Robtard
I'm sure you know of the EU books that shows what happened to Fett.

I've read snippets, he used his uber awesomeness that he didn't have before he fell in like a chump to man-power his way out.

The Robot Chicken skit was better, imo.

Rogue Jedi
I've read snippets, he used his uber awesomeness that he didn't have before he fell in like a chump to man-power his way out.

The Robot Chicken skit was better, imo. Yeah, I read how he escaped and I was like WTF confused

Robtard
The dude was severely shortchanged in the films, he didn't even capture Han, Vader did it for him. Just embarrassing.

Sadako of Girth
Yep he was a tracker, nothing more.

The most badass thing we saw him do in ESB was shoot in Luke's general direction a few times...(Now I know he was under orders to not kill Luke, but surely Lucas could have shown other actions to demonstrate his badassery to the audience...) and then after that tease we wait for three whole years of thinking he was gonna reveal his dangerousness in ROTJ only to see....well.... only see what transpired there. sad

What a ball-dropping.

Rogue Jedi
The dude was severely shortchanged in the films, he didn't even capture Han, Vader did it for him. Just embarrassing. Fett tracked the Falcon to Cloud City, and informed Vader when it arrived. Vader was under the impression that Skywalker was on the Falcon, "I want them taken alive, No disintegrations."

I imagine Fett knew his best chance at taking Skywalker and the others alive (Even though Luke was not on board), was to track them and tell Vader where they were.

He is, after all, a hunter of men. One does not become the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy without being a badass. Plus those were Wookkiee scalps hanging from his shoulder.

Sadako of Girth
Another thing, as if the evidence so far was not conclusive enough,
is the problem that Jango has with either not being able to see shit in that helmet, or being stupidly clumsy.

This is not only evidenced by the disasterous ways in which Jango and Boba were dispatched, but also...
When was the last time we saw Batman smash his headgear on doors he walks under.
This defect in Jango was cloned into the stormies too.

Even that one in ANH smashed his head on the door on the way in to check in on the room the droids were hiding in.

And those storm troopers wore different helmets from Jango's.

So this makes me more inclined to think that its not a helmet design flaw, but clumsiness just short of epic, Jar-Jar-like proportions.

But basically...

If he cant see against Batman: Hes dead.

If if can see but is clumsy against Batman: Hes dead.

Another example also of the ways that this criminal waste of the opportunity to make the Fett legacy count well in the hall of cool villian fame was perpentrated.

Final Blaxican
Well...

There's been a lot of posts in here since I went off to School...

Sadako of Girth
Impediments call, not ours.

Well ya better hope that he calls for no-moral ties...

'Cause no way would Riggs shoot a good cop.

(And McClane is a good cop.)

(McClane, however shot one to get the job done, even if it was himself..... stick out tongue )

Im actually quite keen to hear what he has to say on this.

Robtard
Fett tracked the Falcon to Cloud City, and informed Vader when it arrived. Vader was under the impression that Skywalker was on the Falcon, "I want them taken alive, No disintegrations."

I imagine Fett knew his best chance at taking Skywalker and the others alive (Even though Luke was not on board), was to track them and tell Vader where they were.

He is, after all, a hunter of men. One does not become the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy without being a badass. Plus those were Wookkiee scalps hanging from his shoulder.

Besides tracking, a bounty hunter captures and brings in his targets, if you don't believe me, watch that ridiculous clown-show "Dog: The Bounty Hunter". Boba did not capture, Vader and the imperial forces did.

I know his "most feared" moniker, but actions speak louder than words and his actions yelled "I'm an incompetent *******", as fact.

Wookie scalps can be purchased, the poser.

Rogue Jedi
e bay? haermm

Final Blaxican
IT'S CANDY FOR BREAKFAST!

Sadako of Girth

Wookie scalps can be purchased, the poser.

LOLZ Yes... Or even picked just up for free on the ground after the imperials slaughtered the Wookies on Kashykk in episode 3...!!

Man. I used to think he was cool.

But minute by minute, Boba is starting to look like a total douche. messed

Impediment
Well ya better hope that he calls for no-moral ties...

'Cause no way would Riggs shoot a good cop.

(And McClane is a good cop.)

(McClane, however shot one to get the job done, even if it was himself..... stick out tongue )

Im actually quite keen to hear what he has to say on this.

Enlighten me on the topic at hand. What's this about morality?

I'd post more, but I'm about to leave for work. I'll be back this afternoon.

Kris Blaze
Jango, easily.

Sadako of Girth
Enlighten me on the topic at hand. What's this about morality?

I'd post more, but I'm about to leave for work. I'll be back this afternoon.

It has been postulated here that Batman isn't allowed to kill Jango on moral grounds, staying true to Batman's moral ethos.

The opposing school of thought is that Batman, in a to-the-death scenario /should would be be free to kill his opponent willfully.

So do morals count, not just in this thread but in others also..?

Or can we just have it that they face off to the death..?

Robtard

Man. I used to think he was cool.

But minute by minute, Boba is starting to look like a total douche. messed

That's the kick in the balls, he's supposed to be a bad-ass, Lucas is just an *******.

He shows us this guy who looks bad-ass, second only to Vader in this department, gives him the "greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy" moniker and puts him in the meanest looking ship (imo), so from the start, you think "hey, this guy is going to kick everyone's ass, sweet!" (at least when you're 7 you do, first Ep. IV it in 1980.)

Then Lucas goes about to subsequently write him as a bumbling clown who can't even capture his prey.

ThunderGodEneru
Ya'll niggas are gay.

And Jango wins.

Robtard
I assure you that I'm neither a nigga or gay. You can suck on my pink penis and you'll see it doesn't get hard when your coco lips wrap around it.

Na, not likely, if you look at Jango's and Batman's movie feats objectively and you take into account that it's in Gotham.

P.S. PM me about that the blow-job; we'll set something up.

ThunderGodEneru
I assure you that I'm neither a nigga or gay. You can suck on my pink penis and you'll see it doesn't get hard when your coco lips wrap around it.

Na, not likely, if you look at Jango's and Batman's movie feats objectively and you take into account that it's in Gotham.

P.S. PM me about that the blow-job; we'll set something up. 1. Sir, I am in fact, a man of pale complexion, and find your racial slanders and assumptions offending. 131

2. Well Jango can fly out of Batman's reach which would make his Batarang's his only real usable weapons(and the little blades in his forearm pads), the fact that Jango has a flamethrower to keep Batman from ever getting close, along with rockets, and the fact that he has a laser pistol of doom which can overwhelm a Jedi.

Robtard
Hmmm, I could have sworn you said you were of the negro persuasion before, this is why I thought you had luscious and full coco lips.

This has been covered already. His grappling gun could anchor Jango, the Batarangs have decent range, and his Bat-suit is flame resistant, it's not like Batman is going to stand in one place while the flames just burn and burn away. Batman is adept at evading gun fire, which travels faster than the illogically slow laser fire of the SW universe. He also has the (huge) advantage of it being in Gotham, a city he knows and a multitude of buildings to duck into and countless high-story windows to attack from.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
1. Sir, I am in fact, a man of pale complexion, and find your racial slanders and assumptions offending. 131

2. Well Jango can fly out of Batman's reach which would make his Batarang's his only real usable weapons(and the little blades in his forearm pads), the fact that Jango has a flamethrower to keep Batman from ever getting close, along with rockets, and the fact that he has a laser pistol of doom which can overwhelm a Jedi.

Sure he can float away from Batman very slowly... stick out tongue
Well...we saw the pistols overwhelm that ONE Jedi...
Batarangs'll do fine against that shitty pack.
And Batman's dealing-with-fire crudentials are well in order. smokin'

Impediment
It has been postulated here that Batman isn't allowed to kill Jango on moral grounds, staying true to Batman's moral ethos.

The opposing school of thought is that Batman, in a to-the-death scenario /should would be be free to kill his opponent willfully.

So do morals count, not just in this thread but in others also..?

Or can we just have it that they face off to the death..?

Well, TDK Batman won't kill. That's just how he is. However, if you remember from Batman Begins, he didn't kill Ra's Al Ghul, but he didn't save him, either.

If I had to pick an outcome for this fight, I'd have to go with Fett capturing Batman for a hypothetical bounty, or Bats subduing Fett long enough to disarm him and put him in Blackgate or Arkham, depending on his sentence.

Morals can count for a lot. I'll say that it'd be good to include a morality factor for future vs threads.

Rogue Jedi
yes

Sadako of Girth
Fair enough.

Well that'd make alot of these threads null.

Either way then, Bats whups Fett and sticks him in the clink.

Impediment
Well, you don't have to have every single versus match to include a morality factor. I agree that it'd make a lot of the threads very blah.

My only point is that Batman is a moral person, is all. Jango Fett, however, is the polar opposite.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed.

Whats at stake for Batman in this if he doesnt kill Jango, here...?

Will Jango kill everybody in Gotham somehow..?
If it was a scenario like that, would it not be forgivable for Batman to take him out...? (If Jango doesnt just 'come quietly', for example.)

Rogue Jedi
Fair enough.

Well that'd make alot of these threads null.

Either way then, Bats whups Fett and sticks him in the clink. Not really, consider this: Obi Wan Kenobi versus Scorpion, h2h, no lightsaber (Just go with it). Well, it kinda goes without saying that Kenobi uses only Jedi force powers, not dark side powers.

Stay true to the character.

But then again I suppose the thread starter should be able to specify differently. The biggest problem with versus threads is that the thread starter doesn't specify conditions clearly enough.

Sadako of Girth
True, if that can be revised, then this could work.

I do like this section. It can be great fun.

Rogue Jedi
I was gonna ask earlier, how would Batman disable Jango's jetpack? I a sure he would want to make sure there would be no explosion.

Sadako of Girth
By batarang,
By pushing Jango over onto it like the reek did in AOTC,
By kicking or punching it,
By seperating Jango from it forcibly,
By poking it with a stick like Han did...?

There'll be many different ways.... As long as Batman isnt using armour piercing rounds or something, then disabling it without any explosions would be not only possible, but probably inevitable..

That minor kind of impact has been shown to cause damage that doesnt make the pack explode, but either triggers the pack at the user's wrong time, or just shuts it down...

Rogue Jedi
Dunno how effective a Batarang would be.

Sadako of Girth
Enough to mess with that pack, judging by how fragile they are in the movies.. Batarangs land with enough force to knock people out, don't they...?

And if they dont do the job, then any other form of impact'll do.

Rogue Jedi
Well, you have to remember that the jetpack exploded in AOTC.

Sadako of Girth
Yep after it was ripped free of Jango.

Besides if Jango dies in a firey jetpack explosion despite Batman's not-intending to to kill him, then fair play.

Rogue Jedi
Collateral Damage?

Sadako of Girth
Heh. Yeah kinda.

Rogue Jedi
And we have to wonder how durable Mandalorian armor is. How much will it protect Jango against Batmans h2h? The helmet in particular?

Sadako of Girth
Well, if the helmet is as hard to see through at the best of times, as it seems to be in the movies, then maybe a few tasty right hooks might twist it round a bit on Jangos head, blinding Jango, effectively...

...Maybe....

Rogue Jedi
I saw no part of AOTC where his vision appeared hindered.

Sadako of Girth
How about the bit then, where he didnt see the low door on Slave 1 and he banged his head on the way in...?
Not ringing any bells...?
Lucas addressed it on the DVD explaining that this tendancy was cloned also into the stormtroopers....
Which was a retroactive way of addressing the Stormie bumping his head on the death star in ANH.

Rogue Jedi
He seemed to see OK when fighting Obi Wan.

Sadako of Girth
Well how do we know that that problem didnt happen as a result of his clash with Obiwan....?

He seemed to be pretty quick to get the helmet off when he jumped into Slave one, (smacking his head) and buggered off.

Rogue Jedi
Because he had to put that silver thingie on his head.

Sadako of Girth
Boba didnt need it in ESB.

Robtard

Morals can count for a lot. I'll say that it'd be good to include a morality factor for future vs threads.
yes
FYI, it's been stated on more than one occasion that Vs fights are "always to the death".

RJ, I'm pretty sure you're one of the ones that said it.

Rogue Jedi
FYI, it's been stated on more than one occasion that Vs fights are "always to the death".

RJ, I'm pretty sure you're one of the ones that said it.

Unless the thread starter states otherwise, you forgot the last part.

Impediment
I've never implied that any of the vs matches are to the death. If I did, in fact, say that, I'll save everyone the trouble and say that the thread starter has the option to say "to the death" or include a morality clause.

Whats at stake for Batman in this if he doesnt kill Jango, here...?

Will Jango kill everybody in Gotham somehow..?
If it was a scenario like that, would it not be forgivable for Batman to take him out...? (If Jango doesnt just 'come quietly', for example.)

I doubt that Jango would become serial murderer. Take away his armor, jetpack, and weapons, and Fett is just another shlub who could be incarcerated. Batman is not above breaking a few bones or seriously injuring someone to get the job done, no? I dunno if Bats would have to kill Jango to subdue him. Seriously hurt him? Oh, yes.

Sadako of Girth
Ok, and just so I can be completely clear in this quagmire of curious conundrums....
What if the Joker paid him to nuke Gotham...?
Or assassinate the mayor or Gordon...?

How do you differentiate between a serial killer and a contract killer that gets a lot of work...?

Heres a thread listing/dicussing people Batman has killed on purpose.
http://forums.superherohype.com/archive/index.php/t-248046.html including apparently shooting a guy on purpose in his first appearance/comic.

Whether or not relevant here, its interesting stuff.
(I didnt know most of that, not having being exposed to many of the comics.:-
I had 'Digital justice' and 'Death in the family' in the late eighties, but that was about it..)

Sadako of Girth
So at least the likelyhood of Batman killing Jango even accidentally while trying to arrest Jango seems feasible if nothing else.

Did make me LOL that Superman has apparently killed more though.

Final Blaxican
Ok, and just so I can be completely clear in this quagmire of curious conundrums....

How do you differentiate between a serial killer and a contract killer that gets a lot of work...?

EU has the answer to that.

Impediment

You're asking if Bats would cross that line? Kill one to save millions?

Final Blaxican
I dunno. Batman pussy'd out and refused to kill one man who was responsible for killing dozens, and wanted to kill hundreds more.

Sadako of Girth
You're asking if Bats would cross that line? Kill one to save millions?

Yep. smile

What say you...? smile

Impediment
I think that Batman would do everything humanly possible in his power to subdue Fett before he had to cross that line. He probably would, though.

Sadako of Girth
Agreed. That sounds like Batman/Bruce Wayne to me.

And even then Fett could be killed accidentally.

Sadako of Girth

It was on youtube, but it's gone now, watch it if you can.

"Well at least ya didnt go out like a punk..." LOL laughing out loud

Just got me mitts on it...!!!
T'was as you say, excellent...!
Nice one.

That opening was hilarious too.
"Im gonna need a tubesock"
Damn straight. stick out tongue

Final Blaxican
I'd like to note for the reasons I said before all the bullshit that Jango wins for the reasons I have mentioned. no expression

Sadako of Girth
They were disproved werent they?

Re-list any that you feel hadnt been addressed. smile

Robtard
He did put up a decent argument, though he is relying on written material (yet canon) to galvanize his points.

Sadako of Girth
For sure, I remember them as being well pointed out, I just couldnt remember if we'd not discussed any of the said significant points...

Final Blaxican
Indeed, it's a bit tough to debate it when all I can go on is the movie itself... Batman's had two movies with him getting the most screen time to back up his points.

I get zilch. sad

You and Robbie responded to my last post btu I didn't respond back because by the time I came home and saw them the thread had gone on for three more pages so I didn't bother.

Robtard
Indeed, it's a bit tough to debate it when all I can go on is the movie itself... Batman's had two movies with him getting the most screen time to back up his points.

I get zilch. sad

That's why movie Batman defeats movie Jango, there's simply more feats to draw upon to back up points and Batman does have home-court advantage.

If you've never read the books and the only thing you knew of Jango was the few short scenes you watched, you most likely go with Batman too.

Final Blaxican
This is an extremely specific situation though. Usually when the thread involves two "movie only" characters it means the movie as well as the novelization of the movie.

But meh, I don't know what I'm actually saying here, so I'll just go ahead and agree.

Sadako of Girth

I get zilch. sad

You and Robbie responded to my last post btu I didn't respond back because by the time I came home and saw them the thread had gone on for three more pages so I didn't bother.

Fair play.. It did get pretty busy kinda fast.

jinXed by JaNx
I'm going to assume that Jango's armor can stop batarangs. If this is the case then Jango's ability to keep himself at bay from his enemies and his dead eye shot lands him a very quick and easy victory.

Final Blaxican
Jango's armor protected him from injury from getting run over by a multi-ton animal.

The "dead eye shot" thing doesn't fly in this particular thread because there's no canonical scene in just the movie to show it... it sucks.

Rogue Jedi
Jango's armor protected him from injury from getting run over by a multi-ton animal.

The "dead eye shot" thing doesn't fly in this particular thread because there's no canonical scene in just the movie to show it... it sucks. Zam Wessell's neck. Toxin dart.

Bardock42
Zam Wessell's neck. Toxin dart.

He shot a stationary target from a few yards away...that certainly doesn't prove anything.

Also for the multi-ton beast thing. It hit him with his horn at the jetpack, catapulting him a few metres in the air, his armor had little to do with anything in the way of protecting him...not being hit anywhere did.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
He shot a stationary target from a few yards away...that certainly doesn't prove anything.

Also for the multi-ton beast thing. It hit him with his horn at the jetpack, catapulting him a few metres in the air, his armor had little to do with anything in the way of protecting him...not being hit anywhere did. Jango was rolling around UNDER the beast.

Bardock42
Jango was rolling around UNDER the beast. Yes. Rolling around under the beast, lucking out by not being hit.

Hell, lets even say he's really skilled and managed to not be hit by the beast, but his armor had nothing to do with it.

Final Blaxican
Yeah... he was more just being kicked than anything else. Though at one point the rancor's stomach is smothering him all over, not much though.

I just re-watched it.

The only noticeable thing is that when it attacked him with it's horn it didn't hit the jet pack specifically, it hooked his side and the jet pack, then he trashed it when he rolled over him.

So you can say that he at least tanked the initial attack with no visible injury.

And after watching his death scene, I think Jango might have had a better chance if he didn't **** up at the end. Right before Mace gets close and decapitates him Jango tries to lift off using his jet pack, obviously not realizing that it was trashed. If he had at least known that I think that as ar as movie PIS logic is concerned he would have had a better chance.

That has no bearing on this fight though, I just noticed that.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42

YOU FOOL!

Jango took that shot from an elevated angle, from MANY yards away, completely unsensed by TWO very adept Jedi.

One thing can't be denied. Jango is an extremely good shot. He took out that Jedi (wasn't he a master as well?) in the movie like it was child's play. Granted, it was at point blank range.

And this whole grappling thing is null as well as Jango can do the very same exact thing. Both of them, as seen in the movies, have the ability to swiftly cut the line if need. So if Jango gets the drop and wraps Batman up and tries to fly off with him and drop him somewhere, Batman, being very quick witted as we see in the movies, would cut that line before the height got to much.

And this whole thing about Jang's vision. I fail to see poor vision in any part of the movie. Jango displays excellent vision through out most of hte movie. Hitting his had is a bad habit/twitch or tick of his.

Also, Obi Wan had trouble with Jango because it was raining and he didn't know all of Jango's abilities. Obi Wan's vision was impaired by the rain in his eyes, his was soaking wet, and he was off kilter with the force. His vision problem shouldn't have posed too much of a problem because he is an adept force user, however, it WAS a problem.

And the thing about blaster bolts.

Dude, the lasers in SW move way slower than gun fire, not sure why and it makes no sense, but that's the way it is. A perfect example would be the garbage shute scene in ep IV, it was bouncing off the walls and moving incredibly slow by comparison.

This, my friend, is what is called PIS. We have already discussed this. If it was shown traveling as fast as they usually travel, it would have been too fast to follow with the eyes. Remeber, this was written to entertain an audience, not keep with a standard velocity for continuity.

If we go by your logic, then we can count the blaster bolt that seemingly goes as fast as the speed of light. You know....same movie...where the panel was shot out to close the door. The panel thing exploded at the same exact time the bolt was fired.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the "laser" part of the blaster bolt is actually the trail left behind by the bolt itself.

I can't remember but I think we deemed blaster bolts to travel between 200-500 Mph. I highly doubt Batman could do jack crap against Jango firing both of his pistols with his mad dead shot fury.

This is not even a match, really. Jango wins this without effort.

For this discussion to last any longer than, "Jango dual pistols batman in 3 seconds" is rediculous. There is no debate.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
YOU FOOL!

Jango took that shot from an elevated angle, from MANY yards away, completely unsensed by TWO very adept Jedi.

One thing can't be denied. Jango is an extremely good shot. He took out that Jedi (wasn't he a master as well?) in the movie like it was child's play. Granted, it was at point blank range.

I'd assume he's a very good shot, but we haven't seen it. The shooting of Sam Wessel just doesn't prove that he is a Bullseye-esque super shot. He can shoot decently well at a stationary target from some distance...fair enough.

He's also good at close range against an enemy that is focussed on another person, sure.

As for the Jedi not sensing, that could be taken in quite a few ways, but it doesn't say anything about his ability to shoot. Maybe it says something about his ability to hide...or the ability of Jedi to sense danger...or a multitude of other things, but it doesn't prove that he is a deadshot.

Placidity
YOU FOOL!

So wait, theres a special/skilled way of shooting to evade a Jedi's senses?

Robtard

This, my friend, is what is called PIS. We have already discussed this. If it was shown traveling as fast as they usually travel, it would have been too fast to follow with the eyes. Remeber, this was written to entertain an audience, not keep with a standard velocity for continuity.

If we go by your logic, then we can count the blaster bolt that seemingly goes as fast as the speed of light. You know....same movie...where the panel was shot out to close the door. The panel thing exploded at the same exact time the bolt was fired.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the "laser" part of the blaster bolt is actually the trail left behind by the bolt itself.

I can't remember but I think we deemed blaster bolts to travel between 200-500 Mph. I highly doubt Batman could do jack crap against Jango firing both of his pistols with his mad dead shot fury.

This is not even a match, really. Jango wins this without effort.

For this discussion to last any longer than, "Jango dual pistols batman in 3 seconds" is rediculous. There is no debate.

Lucas being moron is no grounds to dismiss that lasers in SW universe travel significantly slower than bullets. /end fact

I don't remember that scene, can you youtube it? Taking you at your word, we have one scene of a accurate protrayal of a laser and hundreds of scenes of them moving stupidity slow. Ergo, SW lasers travel slow.

Batman is shown being adept at evading gun fire, it shouldn't be too much trouble for him to do so against Jango's little pistols and having the city of Gotham to use as cover.

Sure, if you look past what the movie shows you and you attribute all the badassery we'd like to see/expect in Jango, then he wins. <--- this is the main argument for Jango here.

Movie per movie character and looking at it objectively, Jango loses to Batman in Gotham, maybe if they fought in an open desert and Jango was far enough away, then he'd win.

-

As for the "Jango's armor protects him!" rants, his armor isn't all encompassing, there are multiple uncovered/unprotected areas. Just look at a picture, you clowns. He isn't a tank.

jinXed by JaNx
Batman has never fought an opponent who can fly. That may seem trivial but i think it has great weight in this match. Jango is an Intergalactic bounty hunter. He makes a living by hunting species of all kinds. Batman cracks down on thugs and the occasional mastermind. Jango's rocket, duel laser pistols, armor and flight capabilities is something that Batman would be ill prepared for, something that Batman and Bruce Wayne have NEVER experienced or seen before. This fact, coupled with Jango's combat awareness and experience spells an easy victory to me.

jinXed by JaNx

As for the "Jango's armor protects him!" rants, his armor isn't all encompassing, there are multiple uncovered/unprotected areas. Just look at a picture, you clowns. He isn't a tank.

yes, but his armor covers the majority of his body especially the most accessible area's. If Jango is flying and shooting at Batman with his laser pistols, Batman isn't going to have time to aim his batarangs for an exposed area in Jango's armor under his arms. He is most likely going to try and disarm one of Jango's pistols or just hurl the batarangs blindly, either hoping for a lucky shot or enough distraction to gain cover. Even If Batman is able to detach Jango from his jetpack, Jango is still an experienced combatant in melee.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Batman has never fought an opponent who can fly. That may seem trivial but i think it has great weight in this match. Jango is an Intergalactic bounty hunter. He makes a living by hunting species of all kinds. Batman cracks down on thugs and the occasional mastermind. Jango's rocket, duel laser pistols, armor and flight capabilities is something that Batman would be ill prepared for, something that Batman and Bruce Wayne have NEVER experienced or seen before. This fact, coupled with Jango's combat awareness and experience spells an easy victory to me.

Batman took out the airbourne Joker easy enough at the end of the 1989 movie...

As for Jango's armour, its only as strong as its weakest link.
(Its jet pack in this case)

And Jango's clumsiness/inability to detect overhangs like doors/ frames that he and his clones keeping banging thier heads on may later play into it if Bats picks his spots well.

Robtard
yes, but his armor covers the majority of his body especially the most accessible area's. If Jango is flying and shooting at Batman with his laser pistols, Batman isn't going to have time to aim his batarangs for an exposed area in Jango's armor under his arms. He is most likely going to try and disarm one of Jango's pistols or just hurl the batarangs blindly, either hoping for a lucky shot or enough distraction to gain cover. Even If Batman is able to detach Jango from his jetpack, Jango is still an experienced combatant in melee.

That "flying" isn't flying like a nimble sparrow, it's more of a jump-jet, with not all that much maneuverability. It's definitely an advantage to have, but he isn't the Rocketeer.

When did Jango do anything to lead you to believe he could even last 10 seconds in a h2h fight with Batman?

jinXed by JaNx
Batman took out the airbourne Joker easy enough at the end of the 1989 movie...

As for Jango's armour, its only as strong as its weakest link.
(Its jet pack in this case)

I'm not sure what you mean about Batman taking down an airborne Joker. It's possible that im forgetting something but i only remember the Joker taking down the Batwing with a big ass hand cannon. Unless you mean when the Joker was hanging off of the Helicopter but in that situation the Joker was stationary and unaware of Batmans grappling hook.

As for the Armor, i'm not sure what you mean by Jango's jet pack being his weakest link. It is one of his greatest advantages. Even if he does lose his Jet pack he is still a formidable opponent that has more combat experience than Batman.

jinXed by JaNx
That "flying" isn't flying like a nimble sparrow, it's more of a jump-jet, with not all that much maneuverability. It's definitely an advantage to have, but he isn't the Rocketeer.

When did Jango do anything to lead you to believe he could even last 10 seconds in a h2h fight with Batman?

Watch the fight scene against Obi Wan in Episode 2 next time you get a chance. Jango displayed great maneuverability with his jet pack in that scene. He can strafe and direct himself easily while moving at high speeds. Besides, He isn't going to need Superman like agility whilst in the air. Firing his laser pistols at Batman would put Batman on the defensive but while on the ground Batman may have a chance to counter but while flying through the air, Jango's direction is going to be quite unpredictable decreasing Batmans chance for counters even more.

I don't know if Jango could take Batman in a fist fight because we really haven't seen him fight. He did, however, Knock Obi-Wan on his ass in a hand to hand fight as well as defend himself against Obi wan after Obi Wan knocked him down. He was even able to get back to his feet after being knocked down by Obi Wan. This leads me to believe that at the very least he could hold his own against Batman in a fist fight.

Sadako of Girth
I'm not sure what you mean about Batman taking down an airborne Joker. It's possible that im forgetting something but i only remember the Joker taking down the Batwing with a big ass hand cannon. Unless you mean when the Joker was hanging off of the Helicopter but in that situation the Joker was stationary and unaware of Batmans grappling hook.

As for the Armor, i'm not sure what you mean by Jango's jet pack being his weakest link. It is one of his greatest advantages. Even if he does lose his Jet pack he is still a formidable opponent that has more combat experience than Batman.

When the joker was on the helicopter's ladder, trying to make his escape.
Batman used some cable tied to a gargoyle that he shot at Joker or bataranged at him, (I don't remember which)... ensnaring him, as the chopper flew off, Joker was pulled down to his death.

With the jetpack, it's vulnerabilty/unreliablity is the issue.
And its limited range could be an issue in a dukeing out session in the dizzy heights of Gotham..

At ground/low level jumps/flights like Jango had in Aotc against Obiwan, would be negated, speed advantage wise, by Batman's Batbike thang. And it might leave Jango in range to be counterstruck against successfully. And Batman needs only hit that pack with something and Jango is screwed. Especially if Jango is 300 ft in the air at the time.

If Batman and Fett fell after Jango's pack went out, Batman could just 'spread his wings' and glide to safety. Fett would be south of the pavement and very very messy.

Final Blaxican
Out of curiosity, can you point out the times Batman has actually evaded gunfire?

You don't know what he could be wearing under it or what that material is made of though. It could be simple leather, it could be leather that's three inches thick and designed to keep sharp taloned creatures from breaching it, it could be meshed with some sort of steel. Going by just the movies we don't know what it's made so you can't say for sure how durable it is or if Batman will be able to penetrate it.

And to Sadako:

Any feats you've listed that take place in any of the other batman movie except for The Dark Knight and Begins don't count. This is Bale batman, meaning this Batman is many years younger less experienced then the batman in the older movies, and Burton's franchise is a completely different universe, and is thus non-canon to Bale Batman. You can't use any of the feats from the old movies.

jinXed by JaNx
When the joker was on the helicopter's ladder, trying to make his escape.
Batman used some cable tied to a gargoyle that he shot at Joker or bataranged at him, (I don't remember which)... ensnaring him, as the chopper flew off, Joker was pulled down to his death.

With the jetpack, it's vulnerabilty/unreliablity is the issue.
And its limited range could be an issue in a dukeing out session in the dizzy heights of Gotham..

At ground/low level jumps/lights like Jango had in Aotc against Obiwan, would be neagted speed advantage wise by Batman's Batbike. And it might leave Jango in range to be counterstruck against successfully. And Batman needs only hit that pack with something and Jango is screwed. Especially if Jango is 300 ft in the air at the time.

Yeah, thats what i thought you were referencing. That was a good shot, sure but Joker was hanging on the ladder not moving and it wasn't shooting back.

If Batman is on his Batbike that is just an easier target for Jango. I never thought that Jango's jet pack would give him an advantage in speed unless he is fleeing and even then, if he needs to flee he can do so easily. Especially if Batman is on his Batbike. I presume that Jango would want to hope around and feel Batman out while keeping him on the defensive. I don't think Batman would have much time at all to Counter Jango because he would be to busy dodging his flurry of laser blasts. He could counter after taking cover but otherwise he would have to get lucky. If Jango loses his jet pack he still has his arsenal of weaponry minus one rocket. He also has a grappling hook as well.

As for the rooftops of Gotham. The height is not going to affect Jango one bit. He spends his life blasting through space at warp speeds and flying around on a jet pack.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>