Void vs Ion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
Who takes it?

tkitna
Hard to say. We havent seen the extent of Voids powers except for kicking a few teams around and busting up the Hulk.

catwhiskers42
who is void

Badabing
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Void

vlaaad12345
Any ion but yat would win.

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Any ion but yat would win.

Seconded.

KGBeast
i disagree. i feel that sodam yat would defeat the void.

Prime#
It took Superboy Prime a whole issue to beatdown Sodam Yat, thats more than i can say for anyone. ION ftw

iceman24567
I think even Yat can win.

Enyalus
Edit.

Galan007
Originally posted by Prime#
It took Superboy Prime a whole issue to beatdown Sodam Yat, thats more than i can say for anyone. ION ftw That's a point that few seem to understand. thumb up

I mean on average, Prime has owned almost every character he's went up against in what? One, maybe two pages? Like you said, it took him a whole damn issue to put Yat down, and during that issue Yat really used no offensive GL powers to speak of. Those factors, coupled with the fact that Yat had just gained the exotic Ion-powers literally seconds before he battled Prime, speaks volumes imo.

Where Yat is concerned, it should also be mentioned that even Kyle was awed at some of the tricks he used to own Nero. In fact, Kyle said that even he couldn't have preformed them when he was Ion. Again, things like that say a lot - Sodam is written off way too quickly in most cases, imo.

Anyhow, Ion (any version) takes this.

KGBeast
Well put, Galan. I agree. Yat is being slept on in this thread.

Pluck
Originally posted by Galan007
That's a point that few seem to understand. thumb up

I mean on average, Prime has owned almost every character he's went up against in what? One, maybe two pages? Like you said, it took him a whole damn issue to put Yat down. That, coupled with the fact that Yat had just become Ion literally seconds before he battled Prime, speaks volumes imo.

Where Yat is concerned, it should also be mentioned that even Kyle was awed at some of the tricks he used to own Nero. In fact, Kyle said that even he couldn't have preformed them when he was Ion. Again, things like that say a lot - Sodam is written off way too quickly in most cases, imo. Plus didn't he use Yats weakness against him?? Void wouldnt know about that weakness I think.

Pluto92
Void because hes part of setry

Galan007
Originally posted by Pluck
Plus didn't he use Yats weakness against him?? Void wouldnt know about that weakness I think. Well yeah, a few pages into the battle, Prime shish-kabobed Yat with a lead spear (lead being the equivelent of kryptonite to Daxamites.) Yet even with that injury, Sodam still lasted the entirety of the issue battling Prime, before he was downed. Simply put, the guy is tuff.

Pluto92
Yat also continued fighting after being blasted by Anti monitor. Hes very tough.

Galan007
Originally posted by Pluto92
Yat also continued fighting after being blasted by Anti monitor. Hes very tough. Yat was blasted by AM twice, and still kept coming, iirc.

He also survived Mogo exploding, from ground zero.

Vally Doosh
Kyle > Yat

Galan007
In terms of utter gheyness? Yes. ermmnone

Pluto92
LOL. Kyle is not even in this thread. LOL

iceman24567
Yeah Yat has some decent feats personally I feel that the Ion power would be too much for Void or Sentry.

Vally Doosh
In terms of utter gheyness? Yes. ermmnone
In terms of anything related to being a GL/Ion.

catwhiskers42
wow void seems on the level of onslauht!!!

~whiskers

Galan007
Kyle likes teh butsecks. Don't be daft.

uhuh

iceman24567
Originally posted by catwhiskers42
wow void seems on the level of onslauht!!!

~whiskers Yeah onslauht sure but not Onslaught thumb down thumb down

catwhiskers42
thats what i said lol

~whiskers

Pluto92
LOL!

Mindset
That's a point that few seem to understand. thumb up

I mean on average, Prime has owned almost every character he's went up against in what? One, maybe two pages? Like you said, it took him a whole damn issue to put Yat down, and during that issue Yat really used no offensive GL powers to speak of. Those factors, coupled with the fact that Yat had just gained the exotic Ion-powers literally seconds before he battled Prime, speaks volumes imo.

Where Yat is concerned, it should also be mentioned that even Kyle was awed at some of the tricks he used to own Nero. In fact, Kyle said that even he couldn't have preformed them when he was Ion. Again, things like that say a lot - Sodam is written off way too quickly in most cases, imo.

Anyhow, Ion (any version) takes this. Kyle said he never thought of doing what Yat did to Nero, not that he couldn't.

When Kyle was Ion he beat Nero just as easily if not easier than Yat.

Yat sucks tbh. erm

He still hasn't done anything impressive.

starlock
Any version of Ion wins..i.m.o

Lord Feron
I really want Yat to be great, he is like supes with a freaking ring. When he became Ion I thought "Whoa nelly he is gonna shove all sorts of nasty up sbp ass" but no he had to act all dumb with his new powers. Dammit do a god damn test run before you jump into a fight!

It's like the only thing his new ion powers gave him was a durability increase to last longer than other heroes.

Ugh... anyway as for this fight leaning toward void but i'm really not sure so w/e. (i'm anxiously waiting for Yat to be the next great GL ) big grin

Avlon
Originally posted by Prime#
It took Superboy Prime a whole issue to beatdown Sodam Yat, thats more than i can say for anyone. ION ftw

This is a good point.

On a slightly different note.

Kyle was still a better Ion though. In that fight with Nero, it was pretty clear that Kyle was sandbagging to restore Yat's confidence.

Any Ion ftw over Void.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
Kyle said he never thought of doing what Yat did to Nero, not that he couldn't.

When Kyle was Ion he beat Nero just as easily if not easier than Yat. You're right. Kyle said "I never even attempted to do anything like that." So could Kyle have more than likely done the same thing? Possibly. I guess the main thing is that he never actually did so.

On a sidenote, I never argued the ease in which Kyle beat Nero. However, Kyle was much more adept with the Ion-powers when he owned Nero, than Yat was when he did the same. That said, for Yat to own Alex just as effortlessly + get props from Kyle after all was said and done... I dunno, imo it says quite a bit concerning Yat's potential.

Yat sucks tbh. erm

He still hasn't done anything impressive. A matter of opinion, I guess.

Philosophía
Ion.

Nihilist
Ion

AlmightyKfish
Ion

Vally Doosh
Well I certainly agree that Yat's ability to take a total ass whooping is quite impressive...

Nihilist
also wasnt yat exposed to lead in his fight with prime irrc

Galan007
Originally posted by Nihilist
also wasnt yat exposed to lead in his fight with prime irrc Yes. He was kabobed with a lead spear a few pages into their issue-long battle.

Mindset
You're right. Kyle said "I never even attempted to do anything like that." So could Kyle have more than likely done the same thing? Possibly. I guess the main thing is that he never actually did so.

On a sidenote, I never argued the ease in which Kyle beat Nero. However, Kyle was much more adept with the Ion-powers when he owned Nero, than Yat was when he did the same. That said, for Yat to own Alex just as effortlessly + get props from Kyle after all was said and done... I dunno, imo it says quite a bit concerning Yat's potential.

A matter of opinion, I guess.

Well duh Kyle was more adept, Yat sucks. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Why wouldn't Kyle give Yat props, he was trying to boost his ego, the same reason he acted like he couldn't beat Nero.

A lot of characters have potential, that really isn't anything special in comics, whether they actually reach that potential is what matters.

No, it's not an opinion, it's fact.

Kris Blaze
Void hits Ion with one of his shadow tendrils, and Ion will start crying.

Galan007
Well duh Kyle was more adept, Yat sucks. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Why wouldn't Kyle give Yat props, he was trying to boost his ego, the same reason he acted like he couldn't beat Nero.

A lot of characters have potential, that really isn't anything special in comics, whether they actually reach that potential is what matters.

No, it's not an opinion, it's fact. Yat haters suck.

uhuh

Holographical
Yat didn't follow through with his "ZOMG!" potential as Ion, but he's still above Void's level fairly easily I think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.