Orion vs. Superman(slugfest)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Who wins?

zeel
hasnt orion K.O'd supes before? has supes ever overwelmingly over powered orion? I mean physically anyhow.

fangirl101
Originally posted by zeel
hasnt orion K.O'd supes before? has supes ever overwelmingly over powered orion? I mean physically anyhow.
Orion hasn't KO'd supers with his bare hands. At least not that I know of. He has one shotted him with the AF.

quanchi112
Originally posted by zeel
hasnt orion K.O'd supes before? has supes ever overwelmingly over powered orion? I mean physically anyhow. Not current Supes, who is more powerful.

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
Orion hasn't KO'd supers with his bare hands. At least not that I know of. He has one shotted him with the AF. Who wins?

cloud102
Orion.

Mindset
Supes

carnage52
kal-el

quanchi112
Originally posted by cloud102
Orion. I didn't use to think so,but I might be coming around here.

cloud102
Orion has already taken down Superman with a simplpe blast of the astro force. I know this is a hth battle, but Orion is FAR the superior fighter. Superman is a good fighter as well. His fight with Mongul proves this and his 1000 year battle in asgard. Still doesn't touch Orion.

PLUS Orion has a healing factor. And I don't mean by the Mother Boxxx.

quanchi112
Orion has already taken down Superman with a simplpe blast of the astro force. I know this is a hth battle, but Orion is FAR the superior fighter. Superman is a good fighter as well. His fight with Mongul proves this and his 1000 year battle in asgard. Still doesn't touch Orion.

PLUS Orion has a healing factor. And I don't mean by the Mother Boxxx. Wasn't that a long time ago?

Superman can still throw with him though. I think Orion is nastier though in general. In death of the new gods he was much bigger than superman. I liked the way he looked.

Ps.Why did you leave herochat?
pm me the reasons.

Leobama

PLUS Orion has a healing factor. And I don't mean by the Mother Boxxx. 1000 year battle?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Leobama
1000 year battle? I think superman and ww fought some kind of 1,000 battle. I'm not sure if its canon though.

cloud102
Originally posted by quanchi112
Wasn't that a long time ago?

Superman can still throw with him though. I think Orion is nastier though in general. In death of the new gods he was much bigger than superman. I liked the way he looked.

Ps.Why did you leave herochat?
pm me the reasons.

Uhh, I have PM'd you one question. You never PM'd me back.

And, yes, those were the Byrne years, BUT it wasn't like Orion was struggling. If anything, Simonson's Orion is the best Orion. Had more experience and skills.

Eel O'Brien
Under decent sunlight, Supes' healing factor is at least as good as Orion's

Supes and WW fought a 1,000 year battle in Asgard. I think the issue is Action #767. This is canon unless Infinite Crisis did away with it.

I say Supes takes this handily. He outpunched Orion when they went H2H during the King Of The World arc; and Orion started that fight with a surprise AF blast.

Avlon
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien

Supes and WW fought a 1,000 year battle in Asgard. I think the issue is Action #767. This is canon unless Infinite Crisis did away with it.

I say Supes takes this handily. He outpunched Orion when they went H2H during the King Of The World arc; and Orion started that fight with a surprise AF blast.

You beat me to it.

He took a surprise AF blast in King of the World to no real effect except being knocked halfway around the world. Physically he was fine.

Orion and the rest of the league could barely contain this more serious Superman for more than a few seconds.

cloud102
Orion was sent in, because he was the only one that could do it. Superman was amped by more sunlight and still couldn't take Orion down. I don't have the issue in front of me, but even if he out punched Orion, doesn't equate to a win.

skyfather
Supes handily

cloud102
Orion puts him in a sleeper hold.

Enyalus
Supes.

Philosophía
As far as I remember, Supes was amped in the instance brought up due to the trips to the sun where he disposed of the missles or somesuch. (it's been a while since I've read that arc)

Nevertheless, Superman wins.

Raoul
Superman.

cloud102

Avlon

Philosophía
Found it.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_SupermanNearSun1.jpg

The first comment strongly suggests that he was amped.

Eel O'Brien
He did make one trip to the Sun, but he wasn't being written as amped. Superman has been shown to receive a substantial power increase just by being at the equator. Even if he had made a trip to the sun earlier in the story, you can't call that an amp; it's just a normal part of his power set.

That would be like saying he's amped while he's flying because he is technically closer to the sun.

Philosophía
Superman himself says that he is above his normal powerlevel due to the spending so much time near the sun recently. And you're saying that he was not amped, while at the same time making, let's just say, not so smart comparisons ?

I'd facepalm, but it would be a waste of smilie.

Avlon

Eel O'Brien
EDIT: If anyone had the chance to read my original post here, please disregard it. I was basing my argument off the fact that the book never stated Supes was amped.

I just noticed Philosopha's scan validating an actual amp. Indeed a good find.

quanchi112
Uhh, I have PM'd you one question. You never PM'd me back.

And, yes, those were the Byrne years, BUT it wasn't like Orion was struggling. If anything, Simonson's Orion is the best Orion. Had more experience and skills. Oh. I really don't download music as it has given me viruses before.

Death of the new gods-byrne years? confused

Bentley
Simonson as in Simonson's Thor?

quanchi112

I say Supes takes this handily. He outpunched Orion when they went H2H during the King Of The World arc; and Orion started that fight with a surprise AF blast. I think you gave me the wrong issue number.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Simonson as in Simonson's Thor? No,Simonson wrote Orion's solo series.

Eel O'Brien
I think you gave me the wrong issue number.

Yeah, I said "I think" but wasn't sure. It should be something close to that issue number.

If you need the right number I can try to dig it up when I'm home tonight.

quanchi112
Yeah, I said "I think" but wasn't sure. It should be something close to that issue number.

If you need the right number I can try to dig it up when I'm home tonight. I have about five years of superman comics downloaded. Its like finding a needle in a hay stack. Is it around there and is it in action?

Eel O'Brien
It's Action #761. Sorry about the confusion.

quanchi112
It's Action #761. Sorry about the confusion. Np. This is the asgard one I see. Which appearance did he supposedly outpunch Orion?

Philosophía
Originally posted by Avlon
Good find. That's convincing evidence for me.

thumb up

Eel O'Brien
Np. This is the asgard one I see. Which appearance did he supposedly outpunch Orion?

I have no idea on the issue number there. But it doesn't really counted since Supes was amped at the time.

KuRuPT Thanosi
This is a tough battle to call honestly. I'm going with even split

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
This is a tough battle to call honestly. I'm going with even split

That's a safe bet; there most recent encounter seemed to bear that out.

zeel
Originally posted by fangirl101
Orion hasn't KO'd supers with his bare hands. At least not that I know of. He has one shotted him with the AF.

kool thanks.

quanchi112
I have no idea on the issue number there. But it doesn't really counted since Supes was amped at the time. Oh. I have decided that Orion takes this in a close one. I think he is tailor made for a slugest. Its close though.

EkinEku
yeah im with quan on this one, had it gone on long enough orion would have probably taken him

Eel O'Brien
That's cool. I'd lean towards Superman myself; but it would be close either way.

quanchi112
That's cool. I'd lean towards Superman myself; but it would be close either way. If both went all-out this is a fight many would love to see. Orion is just nasty though and Superman isn't.

Eel O'Brien
If both went all-out this is a fight many would love to see. Orion is just nasty though and Superman isn't.

IDK, current Supes looks pretty nasty...

quanchi112
IDK, current Supes looks pretty nasty... He can be,but not as nasty as Orion. The guy is a lunatic and has no self control.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.