Doomsday, Darkseid, Orion vs Thanos w/ Power Gem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

horrorwolf
Thanos gains access to the PG but has to kill these 3 to keep it

HP Doomsday, Darkseid, and Orion.

3v1.....
Who wins?

Nihilist
durlaugh

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Thanos gains access to the PG but has to kill these 3 to keep it

HP Doomsday, Darkseid, and Orion.

3v1.....
Who wins?

Darkseid teleports Thanos out of his armour and into space.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Darkseid teleports Thanos out of his armour and into space. Then he teleports right back.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by quanchi112
Then he teleports right back.

How?

iceman24567
They bfr Thanos to the source wall.

quanchi112
How? He can teleport.

Kris Blaze
He can teleport.

Got any scans of Thanos teleporting without his fancy armour?

quanchi112
Got any scans of Thanos teleporting without his fancy armour? I have put them up before. Its in the magus arc. I do not feel like hunting through my photobucket though as I have over 1,000 scans and I have no clue where it is at over there.

Scuzz2.0
why would it matter if he was teleported out of his armour?

Kris Blaze
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8752/fight1612ug6.jpg

He needs it to teleport.

Scuzz2.0
he doesnt need it! its the same with all eternals they can teleport but find it uncomfertable! im pretty sure anyway

Allankles
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8752/fight1612ug6.jpg

He needs it to teleport.

Marvel should make a story with Thanos where he isn't stealing things for power ups. Put him in situations that don't involves artifacts or whatever. He's written like a cosmic Dr Doom, doesn't make for good reading.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Scuzz2.0
he doesnt need it! its the same with all eternals they can teleport but find it uncomfertable! im pretty sure anyway

Supposedly the can survive any bodily injury, but Thanos can't survive having his heart torn out.

He is different.

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
They bfr Thanos to the source wall. He's too ugly, they wouldn't accept him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Supposedly the can survive any bodily injury, but Thanos can't survive having his heart torn out.

He is different.

Wrong he just finds it uncomfortable but can teleport. As you well know Drax had DNA encoded in him specfically designed to override Thanos born protection as an Eternal. So, really your point is moot.

Kris Blaze
Nice theories.

Got any scans to back it up?

iceman24567
Has Thanos ever teleported under his own power?

Mindset
Doesn't he have it built into his suit now?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Scuzz2.0
why would it matter if he was teleported out of his armour? He can teleport without it.Originally posted by Allankles
Marvel should make a story with Thanos where he isn't stealing things for power ups. Put him in situations that don't involves artifacts or whatever. He's written like a cosmic Dr Doom, doesn't make for good reading. Thanos doesn't always steal sources of power.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Theories lol that's funny. You've never seen the scans of drax being reborn and augmented specifically to override thanos protection and kill him?

Kris Blaze
Never saw those words being used, no. When Drax was last reborn all he did was notice how he had no energy blasts. Doesn't help Thanos' teleportin' issues.

He can teleport without it.

Prove it.

quanchi112
Never saw those words being used, no. When Drax was last reborn all he did was notice how he had no energy blasts. Doesn't help Thanos' teleportin' issues.

Prove it. Done.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Warlock10-13-1.jpg

Kris Blaze
.....mentally phasing?

quanchi112
.....mentally phasing? He teleported to them. He relies on tech though it seems because its easier.

Kris Blaze
Fair enough, he can't be BFR'd then.

Team beats him.

quanchi112
Fair enough, he can't be BFR'd then.

Team beats him. With the power gem? Are you serious?

Naija boy
Thanos stomps

Kris Blaze
With the power gem? Are you serious?

Yes I am.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Quan can post the scan of encoding Drax specfically to kill Thanos. I can't seem to find those scans

iceman24567
They bfr Thanos to the source wall. Oh no more power gem wanking

Mindset
Thanos punches the source wall apart.

Allankles
Thanos doesn't always steal sources of power.

He doesn't always, but the Tyrant situation, IG, Cosmic cube, Galactus DNA this were always the crutch for his involvement in those stories. He could do with a little more depth in his relationship with his enemies so that the author doesn't feel the need to do this. In his entire history he's not really done anything emotionally impactful to an enemy.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Allankles
He doesn't always, but the Tyrant situation, IG, Cosmic cube, Galactus DNA this were always the crutch for his involvement in those stories. He could do with a little more depth in his relationship with his enemies so that the author doesn't feel the need to do this. In his entire history he's not really done anything emotionally impactful to an enemy.

What about Captain Marvel?

quanchi112
Yes I am. We saw what Thor did with the power gem and know that he was above these three. You can't put someone down by force against someone sporting the power gem.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Quan can post the scan of encoding Drax specfically to kill Thanos. I can't seem to find those scans Is someone disputing it? I cannot remember where this scan is either on my photobucket. Its issue 4 of annihilation if you have the comic.Originally posted by Allankles
He doesn't always, but the Tyrant situation, IG, Cosmic cube, Galactus DNA this were always the crutch for his involvement in those stories. He could do with a little more depth in his relationship with his enemies so that the author doesn't feel the need to do this. In his entire history he's not really done anything emotionally impactful to an enemy. Isn't Darkseid always searching for the ale?

Allankles
What about Captain Marvel?

Mar-Vell? What did he do to him?

Allankles
Isn't Darkseid always searching for the ale?

The ALE is knowledge, an equation and no he isn't always searching for the ALE.

Kris Blaze
Mar-Vell? What did he do to him?

He was there at his moment of death and let him die as a true warrior.

quanchi112
The ALE is knowledge, an equation and no he isn't always searching for the ALE. The ale is knowledge but is a powerup because Darkseid doesn't have that power on his own. He has searched for that for a long time. he also got powered up in death of the new gods and wanted the godwave.

Thanos gets his powerups while Darkseid sometimes does and sometimes doesn't.

Allankles
He was there at his moment of death and let him die as a true warrior.

That's cool but he's not really being a villain there. I know there's mutual respect with guys like Warlock. However when I talk about impactful, I'm talking like messing someone up emotionally in his role as a villain.

The closest he's come to doing that with is Drax and that wasn't really intended. I'm talking like what DS did with Saturn girls child or how he screwed Izaya with Scott Free and with his wife.

Basically doing the things that come along with having rivals. Thanos doesn't really have established rivals with which to match wits with, Marvel should correct that.

Allankles
The ale is knowledge but is a powerup because Darkseid doesn't have that power on his own. He has searched for that for a long time. he also got powered up in death of the new gods and wanted the godwave.

Thanos gets his powerups while Darkseid sometimes does and sometimes doesn't.

The difference with DS is this, the powerups are secondary to the saga, it's the intrigues in between that the authors focus on.These intrigues are what define his rivalries with New Genesis, Earth and the other god pantheons.

xfan1000
Thanos wins

Slaanesh
Thanos stomp...

skyfather
Thanos with the gem stomps

KuRuPT Thanosi
This is really no contest at all. Orion gets one shotted, Doomsday BFR'd easily or wrecked and Seid well he's left facing Thanos alone with the PG = WTF pwned

KuRuPT Thanosi
Is someone disputing it? I cannot remember where this scan is either on my photobucket. Its issue 4 of annihilation if you have the comic.

There you go Kris it's all there for you to see

iceman24567
The gem wanking continues.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The gem wanking continues.

So, you believe the team wins? You don't agree Orion would get one shotted pretty easily? Or Doomsday BFR'd rather easily? Then we're left with DS vs Thanos with PG = what to you iceman? wanking?

iceman24567
Yeah because Thanos can't be contained or bfred huh? Wank indeed.

KuRuPT Thanosi
How is going to get BFR'd when he can teleport? Contained and how does this happen exactly?

iceman24567
He can teleport from the source wall? Darkseid has the ale he can just tell him to teleport to the source wall the end.

Kris Blaze
There's no mention of Drax overriding any DNA in Annihilation 4, lmao.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Kris that is what Quan said but I didn't think that was right. There are scans of him on a table being worked on by other Eternals who want Drax to put an end to Thanos. In those scans it talks about them encoding drax with the means to kill thanos. I have no scanner and can't seem to find them in my scans I have saved. However, it does exist.

iceman24567
Sounds like a Thanos fanboy conspiracy no expression.

Kris Blaze
What the hell does that matter?

His powers are completely different now.

KuRuPT Thanosi
What the hell does that matter?

His powers are completely different now.

Huh? After Thanos killed him... he was reborn by other eternals I think Thanos father and specifically encoded with the means kill thanos. I don't have the scans but they exist there is no conspiracy

Nihilist
if thanos uses the gem correctly he could get wins.

quanchi112
The difference with DS is this, the powerups are secondary to the saga, it's the intrigues in between that the authors focus on.These intrigues are what define his rivalries with New Genesis, Earth and the other god pantheons. Thanos has done plenty of things outside seeking powerups. He sent a clone just to **** with his brother in she-hulk just because he thought it was funny.

Thanos and his relationship with adam warlock is interesting because even though they have been at odds and both killed each other the have a mutual respect for one another and usually come together in times of a crisis.

I also like how Thanos thinks and I loved the story in cosmic powers where he just wanted to test his might against Tyrant.

Its all subjective,but dammit I don't see how anyone couldn't love Thanos.

Kris Blaze
Thanosi: And then Paibok/Lunatik killed Drax and he was reborn again.

quanchi112
Yeah because Thanos can't be contained or bfred huh? Wank indeed. He can teleport back with tech or without. Originally posted by Kris Blaze
There's no mention of Drax overriding any DNA in Annihilation 4, lmao. He was the only one who could accomplish Thanos' death in the manner in which it was accomplished in ann 4.

KuRuPT Thanosi
which is why saying... first he can't teleport isn't true and second how he's not suppose to be able to die yet did isn't also true because of the circumstances.

Kris Blaze
What are you talking about now?

Thanos was killed by being turned to stone once, I doubt that's something which usually takes care of Eternals. The third time Drax ripped his heart out.

You're trying to debate that Drax somehow negated Thanos' DNA because AN EARLIER version of him could? Current Drax can't fly or shoot energy beams either. So trying to compare him to his former versions is just stupid.

There aren't a lot of examples of Thanos surviving injuries like the ones Ikaris has sustained.

Naija boy
Wait ,Are people actually arguing that Drax killed thanos NOT because he was specifically given the ability to but because of some other reason?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Naija boy
Wait ,Are people actually arguing that Drax killed thanos NOT because he was specifically given the ability to but because of some other reason?

No.

I'm simply arguing that losing his heart would've killed Thanos anyway. Be it Drax or say the TOAA who removed it.

quanchi112
No.

I'm simply arguing that losing his heart would've killed Thanos anyway. Be it Drax or say the TOAA who removed it. Ok,but no one else can do it in that manner. Drax also bypassed his shields to accomplish this feat while his back was turned.

Kris Blaze
Ok,but no one else can do it in that manner. Drax also bypassed his shields to accomplish this feat while his back was turned.

No one else?

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

Do you honestly think that NO ONE can get through Thanos' shields? laughing

quanchi112
No one else?

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

Do you honestly think that NO ONE can get through Thanos' shields? laughing Not like Drax did. He easily opened them up.

Ps. I said in that manner which means opening them up with your hands.

Kris Blaze
Not like Drax did. He easily opened them up.

Ps. I said in that manner which means opening them up with your hands.

I can think of a ton.

Must suck to be in denial.

quanchi112
I can think of a ton.

Must suck to be in denial. Tell me who on this level can just open up his shields with their hands?

Galactus couldn't even do that.

Kris Blaze
Tell me who on this level can just open up his shields with their hands?

Galactus couldn't even do that.

It's kinda hard for Galactus to do, considering his size.

quanchi112
It's kinda hard for Galactus to do, considering his size. So you don't have any examples?

Thought so.

Like I said if Galactus has to exert himself to break through his shields then only an anomaly like Drax can do it in this manner.

starlock
Team wins the majority

Knowsbleed33
Team.

quanchi112
Originally posted by starlock
Team wins the majority How do they beat Thanos with the power gem?

Knowsbleed33
Weren't you arguing in the SS/Quasar v. DCers + Sentry thread that the greater number of people in team 2 gave them the win? Now you're going to argue Thanos can beat 3 powerhouses by himself?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Weren't you arguing in the SS/Quasar v. DCers thread that the greater number of people in team 2 gave them the win? Now you're going to argue Thanos can beat 3 powerhouses by himself? Thanos is above all of these characters imo with or without the gem. Those characters were in the same league. With the power gem at his side they can't beat him by force.

Knowsbleed33
Above all 3 of them combined w/o the gem?

Naija boy
Wait does DS have the ale in this match? If he does then team wins

KuRuPT Thanosi
So, now your saying anybody could've ripped Thanos Heart out yet also admit that Drax was designed to kill Thanos through Kronos another Eternal. So, which is it. Everybody knows Drax is Thanos silver bulllet because of Kronos yet your saying he is but anybody could've done it. Then why hasn't it happened before... Why haven't people stronger then Drax done such an "easy" thing to do. Why has nobody pierced Thanos shields the way Drax did with his hands? Please do explain which stance your taking

quanchi112
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Above all 3 of them combined w/o the gem? I do not want to go off topic here. I think he could do it without the gem.Originally posted by Naija boy
Wait does DS have the ale in this match? If he does then team wins Who said Ds had the ale?

KuRuPT Thanosi
This battle is really simple. Anybody saying Orion doesn't get one shotted by Thanos with the PG is on drugs. DD gets BFR'd quickly and easily. Which leaves Thanos against Seid with the PG which = wtf pwned

Naija boy
I do not want to go off topic here. I think he could do it without the gem. Who said Ds had the ale?

I realised that forum rules specify current versions of the character unless otherwise stated. So if its current DS then the team wins

quanchi112
Originally posted by Naija boy
I realised that forum rules specify current versions of the character unless otherwise stated. So if its current DS then the team wins I always thought with a powerup though it had to be stated.

skyfather
Thanos w/ the gem is getting seriously low balled here.

during the ig when he cut off all sensery input from the other gems,at times of the fight whilst tapping into the power gem to amp just his powers

he cant be killed wit the gem(just llok at what punishment thor took with the gem)

wolverine stabbed him in the chest with adimatium and it did jack shit to him

he smashed cap sheild with ease and killed him with a pimp slap,and he easily destroyed quasars quantum bands.

there are lots more examples of how the pg amped his powers,bot i cant be bothered to post them as they will be low balled.

Kris Blaze
I admit defeat!

Allankles
I always thought with a powerup though it had to be stated.

DS doesn't need the ALE to take care of Thanos just Omega Sanction his ass ala Seven Soldiers.

KuRuPT Thanosi
DS doesn't need the ALE to take care of Thanos just Omega Sanction his ass ala Seven Soldiers.

HaHa yeah that would work... Only not before he got one shot or two by PG Thanos ala HP DD style lol

Allankles

I also like how Thanos thinks and I loved the story in cosmic powers where he just wanted to test his might against Tyrant.

Its all subjective,but dammit I don't see how anyone couldn't love Thanos.

It doesn't matter if we love him or not he's a villain, he's just supposed to be interesting. He should be put into interesting situations no on likes it when other character are treated as idiots just to push one character.

Also I've read the She-Hulk story, that was a very light-hearted story in the end. Thanos' clone was Ko'd and apprehended, a happy ending in the end.

Allankles
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
HaHa yeah that would work... Only not before he got one shot or two by PG Thanos ala HP DD style lol

You do know that he's only used the Omega Sanction on two noted occasions? I don't see Thanos blocking reality warping blasts like that.

skyfather
You do know that he's only used the Omega Sanction on two noted occasions? I don't see Thanos blocking reality warping blasts like that. with pg he is unkillable

Allankles
Originally posted by skyfather
with pg he is unkillable

So energy output is going to stop him form getting reality warped into a nightmarish existence?

vansonbee
The ALE is knowledge, an equation and no he isn't always searching for the ALE. SEem like every issue with Darkseid has one 0f phrase "Anti-Life Equation" laughing out loud

skyfather
So energy output is going to stop him form getting reality warped into a nightmarish existence? thanos can teleport, and travel through dimensions without it affecting him.

Allankles
Originally posted by vansonbee
SEem like every issue with Darkseid has one 0f phrase "Anti-Life Equation" laughing out loud

The ALE doesn't feature all that much in his appearances. You need only read his JLA, Superman, Superman/Batman and good deal of the New God story archs to know this. It's only that it's played a more prominent role in recent times, from Countdown to FC.

Allankles
Originally posted by skyfather
thanos can teleport, and travel through dimensions without it affecting him.

The Omegas have been noted as being able to travel through dimensions, energy and matter to strike at DS' target. Hell he can even use them across time.

quanchi112
DS doesn't need the ALE to take care of Thanos just Omega Sanction his ass ala Seven Soldiers. You do realize he can teleport,right?

It doesn't matter if we love him or not he's a villain, he's just supposed to be interesting. He should be put into interesting situations no on likes it when other character are treated as idiots just to push one character.

Also I've read the She-Hulk story, that was a very light-hearted story in the end. Thanos' clone was Ko'd and apprehended, a happy ending in the end. He is interesting. His wordplay with Annihilus in that story was damn interesting. To me he is far more interesting than ultimate evil which Darkseid is supposedly. Originally posted by Allankles
So energy output is going to stop him form getting reality warped into a nightmarish existence? Thanos can manipulate anything Darkseid throws at him via the power gem.

Allankles

He is interesting. His wordplay with Annihilus in that story was damn interesting. To me he is far more interesting than ultimate evil which Darkseid is supposedly.

His portrayal in Annhilation Wave is part of the problem with his character, he has no cool, defining purpose. His meaningless posturing with Annhilus and T & A just demonstrated that even the creators didn't know exactly how to fit him into what was happening. He budges himself into Annhilus' plot without really having a defined reason for being there.

DS has a defining purpose, he believes he is, (by right) the master of all life forms in the multiverse, this belief puts him at odds with many people which means the authors can weave the intrigues of his conflicts with more authority than Thanos' authors.

In this way DS doesn't come off like a poser, he believes his vision to be the absolute truth that even those who oppose him are actually serving him, that even unto death, they die for Darkseid.

quanchi112
His portrayal in Annhilation Wave is part of the problem with his character, he has no cool, defining purpose. His meaningless posturing with Annhilus and T & A just demonstrated that even the creators didn't know exactly how to fit him into what was happening. He budges himself into Annhilus' plot without really having a defined reason for being there.

DS has a defining purpose, he believes he is, (by right) the master of all life forms in the multiverse, this belief puts him at odds with many people which means the authors can weave the intrigues of his conflicts with more authority than Thanos' authors.

In this way DS doesn't come off like a poser, he believes his vision to be the absolute truth that even those who oppose him are actually serving him, that even unto death, they die for Darkseid. No,wrong. Thanos thought it would be interesting. The reason that Darkseid is still bent on the same unirsal dominating goals is because he hasn't achieved it yet. Thanos has achieved every powerup goal he sought and realized it didn't fulfill him. He has changed while Darkseid is still the same. Boring imo.

The rest is you talking about your love for a boring madman who believes his own lunacy. How many other villains believe they should be the one to rule over everything?

Should I begin naming some examples?

carver9
I could have sworn when drax grabbed thanos heart he even mentioned that he was designed to killed thanos.

Allankles
No,wrong. Thanos thought it would be interesting.

I've read it, that's why I said he had no defining purpose, he just thought it would be "interesting". Right, are we supposed to be interested in his involvement with such paper thin motivations?

The reason that Darkseid is still bent on the same unirsal dominating goals is because he hasn't achieved it yet. Thanos has achieved every powerup goal he sought and realized it didn't fulfill him. He has changed while Darkseid is still the same. Boring imo.

The difference is much deeper than that. When Thanos gets the IG or whatever it comes without much of a price, like getting free trading cards off a cereal box or something. What conflict or intrigue that is there does not match the magnitude of the power he has acquired i.e. it's cheap.

And what is cheaply gained can be cheaply taken away. Not so with Darkseid, his ultimate goal (in the mainstream) is likely to reorder things in the DCU for quite a while. The achievement is meaningless to the strength of the character if it is done in shallow fashion.

The rest is you talking about your love for a boring madman who believes his own lunacy. How many other villains believe they should be the one to rule over everything?

Should I begin naming some examples?

You can name them until you turn blue you won't find many villains on DS playing field/level with as much intrigue or subtlety attached to them.

Guys like Thanos are written in much more ham-fisted fashion, I guess if you like brawling accompanied by meaningless posturing, Thanos' issues are right for you.

Mindset
Doom > DS

All day everyday.

Allankles
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom > DS

All day everyday.

In what way? And Doom is hardly on DS' level. I'm talking about guys at skyfather and above who play with universal powers and such. Hard to write interesting plots at that level but they manage to weave more than few intrigues with DS. There are some who are interesting at that level, but my head can only think of Vertigo's cosmics and few others.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by carver9
I could have sworn when drax grabbed thanos heart he even mentioned that he was designed to killed thanos.

He did.

Doesn't mean that Thanos would live without his heart.

Mindset
In what way? Every way.

Allankles
Every way.

Not in powers or costume or well motivation. DS doesn't waste his time chasing after magic swords. Doom has a cool name, I'll give him that.

quanchi112
I've read it, that's why I said he had no defining purpose, he just thought it would be "interesting". Right, are we supposed to be interested in his involvement with such paper thin motivations?

The difference is much deeper than that. When Thanos gets the IG or whatever it comes without much of a price, like getting free trading cards off a cereal box or something. What conflict or intrigue that is there does not match the magnitude of the power he has acquired i.e. it's cheap.

And what is cheaply gained can be cheaply taken away. Not so with Darkseid, his ultimate goal (in the mainstream) is likely to reorder things in the DCU for quite a while. The achievement is meaningless to the strength of the character if it is done in shallow fashion.

You can name them until you turn blue you won't find many villains on DS playing field/level with as much intrigue or subtlety attached to them.

Guys like Thanos are written in much more ham-fisted fashion, I guess if you like brawling accompanied by meaningless posturing, Thanos' issues are right for you. Paper thin motivations? laughing out loud

Seeking to control everyone is the universe is paper thin imo and overplayed. Darkseid doesn't even stand out from the pack when it comes to his goals. Thanos does and he has become supreme before and he was nihilistic before and has changed. Darkseid has not changed. Thanos has had an obsession with death while darkseid is just pure evil and wants to control the universe like everyone else out there.

He isn't making a deal with the devil who he fooled I might add,he just achieves what he seeks. He played each elder for fools.

This is all your opinion. I said there are plenty of villains out there with the same universe conquering aspirations. In that I am 100 percent correct.

Darkseid is cool,but he relies on his vast armies too much,usually fails before he achieves that which he seeks,and has been horribly slaughtered by heroes and villains alike in combat. He sleeps with concubines and then kills them while Thanos has achieved the affections of mistress death. Much cooler imo.

Allankles
Paper thin motivations? laughing out loud

Seeking to control everyone is the universe is paper thin imo and overplayed. Darkseid doesn't even stand out from the pack when it comes to his goals.

That makes him more realistic, there's no pretense about what he desires, this ultimately makes him a villain. Thanos is like "interesting". What was his purpose in the end?

(I'm paraphrasing)
Annhilus: You're Thanos.
Thanos: Yes
Annhilus: Shame about the infinity gauntlet.
Thanos: Yeah I was famous across the universe.
Annhilus: Work for me.
Thanos: Thanos, does not work for anyone but I will help you... for now.

I've seen better convos in newstrips.

Thanos does and he has become supreme before and he was nihilistic before and has changed. Darkseid has not changed. Thanos has had an obsession with death while darkseid is just pure evil and wants to control the universe like everyone else out there.

Darkseid has not changed because he's a god. Gods are eternal, they have foresight, patience, endurance far in excess of lesser beings. If Darkseid changes he ceases to be Darkseid, the dark side of the Source and becomes something else.

Darkseid is both a person (Uxas) and a force of nature (the embodiment of the dark side of the Source).

He isn't making a deal with the devil who he fooled I might add,he just achieves what he seeks. He played each elder for fools.

What does this address? I'm confused. Are you referring to the IG quest? The Elders were scrubs.

This is all your opinion. I said there are plenty of villains out there with the same universe conquering aspirations. In that I am 100 percent correct.

I'm not talking about "those" villains and it doesn't change the fact that in Annhilation Wave, Thanos was written in lame fashion, his conversations with Annhilus and T & A were laughable.

Darkseid is cool,but he relies on his vast armies too much,usually fails before he achieves that which he seeks,and has been horribly slaughtered by heroes and villains alike in combat. He sleeps with concubines and then kills them while Thanos has achieved the affections of mistress death. Much cooler imo.

So he has armies? Those are the perks of being Lord of a galaxy-sized planet.

He gets slaughtered because he is handled by all manner of writers with different takes on his character. In saying that he's had more than his fair share of triumphs, comes with the job - nothing irregular there.

Thanos' minge-worshiping of Mistress Death doesn't make him cool, just shows he's a great big, purple love-sick dope in his personal life. Fluttering about doing Lady Death's bidding is not the thing to make you cool.

Southern_Rebel
I really have my doubts if Thanos could surive a direct OE blast.

quanchi112
That makes him more realistic, there's no pretense about what he desires, this ultimately makes him a villain. Thanos is like "interesting". What was his purpose in the end?

(I'm paraphrasing)
Annhilus: You're Thanos.
Thanos: Yes
Annhilus: Shame about the infinity gauntlet.
Thanos: Yeah I was famous across the universe.
Annhilus: Work for me.
Thanos: Thanos, does not work for anyone but I will help you... for now.

I've seen better convos in newstrips.

Darkseid has not changed because he's a god. Gods are eternal, they have foresight, patience, endurance far in excess of lesser beings. If Darkseid changes he ceases to be Darkseid, the dark side of the Source and becomes something else.

Darkseid is both a person (Uxas) and a force of nature (the embodiment of the dark side of the Source).

What does this address? I'm confused. Are you referring to the IG quest? The Elders were scrubs.

I'm not talking about "those" villains and it doesn't change the fact that in Annhilation Wave, Thanos was written in lame fashion, his conversations with Annhilus and T & A were laughable.

So he has armies? Those are the perks of being Lord of a galaxy-sized planet.

He gets slaughtered because he is handled by all manner of writers with different takes on his character. In saying that he's had more than his fair share of triumphs, comes with the job - nothing irregular there.

Thanos' minge-worshiping of Mistress Death doesn't make him cool, just shows he's a great big, purple love-sick dope in his personal life. Fluttering about doing Lady Death's bidding is not the thing to make you cool. That is your opinion. Most really enjoyed the dynamic between the two and the story in general.

What does being a god have to do with anything? So what if he is a god? There are enough evil gods to replace him if he ever decided to change his ways.

Darkseid isn't really a force of nature. That is your opinion and I disagree wholeheartedly. You seem to really like him and give him far too much credit imo at every turn.

The elders are not scrubs. If you recall in the avengers/jla crossover he was pretty much Metron's equal in terms of planning and such.

Again,that is your opinion. I thought Darkseid was laughable in the batman/superman comic in both appearances.

I'm just saying that Thanos doesn't need armies and in the end his accomplishments far outweigh Darkseid's.

I think obsessing over Death makes him unique while obsessing over controlling the universe makes you just part of the crowd.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
I really have my doubts if Thanos could surive a direct OE blast. What would make you think it would kill him?

He has the power gem here so we know he would survive it.

Allankles
That is your opinion. Most really enjoyed the dynamic between the two and the story in general.

Who is "most"? A lot more people than those that read Annhilation Wave like Gossip Girl or the plethroa of retarded reality shows on TV doesn't make any of those shows quality. Thanos was a poser in Annhilation Wave and his banter with Annhilus was laughable.

What does being a god have to do with anything? So what if he is a god? There are enough evil gods to replace him if he ever decided to change his ways.

It means his mind is set in ways unlike a mortals or most other beings. How can you expect an Apokoliptan god to stop being evil or to stop seeking to rule all in the cosmos? That is who they are, it would be retarded to change that, especially when said god is the representation of primal evil.

Darkseid isn't really a force of nature. That is your opinion and I disagree wholeheartedly. You seem to really like him and give him far too much credit imo at every turn.

What the hell are you on about? When I say he's a force of nature I mean that when Uxas took his god name he became Darkseid, a being who in the lore of the Old Gods would become the most feared of all the gods. He's the representation of a concept i.e. a force of the abstract concept of evil. When I say force of nature I don't mean anything to do with power as you assumed.

The elders are not scrubs. If you recall in the avengers/jla crossover he was pretty much Metron's equal in terms of planning and such.

We've already been through this, Grand master doesn't represent all the Elders and in IG he acted too late when DS had already taken 4 gems off of the other scrubs. Runner had no chance and neither did GM. Also notice that GM was written by a different writer in jla/avengers, Starlin basically turned the Elders to scrubs to push Thanos.

Again,that is your opinion. I thought Darkseid was laughable in the batman/superman comic in both appearances.

Which Batman/Superman, the one where he'd turned Earth into Apokolips, Supes and Bats ruling over Earth etc etc that Batman/Superman?

I'm just saying that Thanos doesn't need armies and in the end his accomplishments far outweigh Darkseid's.

DS is more accomplished. He's taken ultimate power before just like Thanos and has a greater body of work than Thanos. Couple this with the fact that Thanos' claim to fame involved smacking a few Elder scrubs and falling into HOTU after he'd merely looked at a well to find it. Nowhere close.

DS has Apokolpis (which he used cunning to acquire)involving several careful steps for him to take, way more intelligent and cunning in its execution than anything Thanos has to his name.

I think obsessing over Death makes him unique while obsessing over controlling the universe makes you just part of the crowd.

Yes Yes! I know you think obsessing over death is cool, and seeking conquest of all things isn't. Doesn't change the fact that Thanos had no purpose for taking part in the Annhilation Wave, that's a no, no for a villain.

Nihilist
thanos took part in annihilation because he was bored of the same cycles of life and wondered what a radical tilt in power would do to the universe ,after all gaining the ig,cc,hotu,=ultimate power what else is there left for him to do.

Allankles
Originally posted by Nihilist
thanos took part in annihilation because he was bored of the same cycles of life and wondered what a radical tilt in power would do to the universe ,after all gaining the ig,cc,hotu,=ultimate power what else is there left for him to do.

What else is there left for him to do? It proves that his quests for ultimate power were pointless to him, he had no vision beyond acquiring those artifacts.

Also it is a lot easier to gain ultimate power in Thanos' universe, there ultimate power is contained in trinkets like gems and cubes. Also he can just look at a Well and find out where ultimate power lies, extremely cheap (and I'm being kind, trust me).

Nihilist
What else is there left for him to do? It proves that his quests for ultimate power were pointless to him, he had no vision beyond acquiring those artifacts.

Also it is a lot easier to gain ultimate power in Thanos' universe, there ultimate power is contained in trinkets like gems and cubes. Also he can just look at a Well and find out where ultimate power lies, extremely cheap (and I'm being kind, trust me). so you believe ds will keep the ale! all that prep and he could'nt prep for batman's action.

as for your second statementfacepalm so everthing is harder to do in dc co's its better right.

Allankles
so you believe ds will keep the ale! all that prep and he could'nt prep for batman's action.

as for your second statementfacepalm so everthing is harder to do in dc co's its better right.

Batman's actions were because he put a theotoxic bullet in his utility belt. You could call that CIS as Godfrey, Goodness et al left Batman with his utility belt probably figuring a mere man couldn't hurt them.

None of those guys (the ones who captured Batman and handled the clone army project) would have expected that the weapon Darkseid used to kill Orion was in Batman's utlity belt.

I don't see how that's DS mistake.

I didn't make that statement to mean DC vs Marvel it's simply an accurate observation, it's much easier to beat people up for gems or fall into ultimate power after you've just looked at a Well, this is exclusive to Thanos. Now if you want to misinterpret me, I guess you need an excuse to use a facepalm smilie.

Are you trying to say Thanos encountered any difficulties in taking the gems or Hotu? C'mon I don't have to spell this out for you. Easy comes as easy goes, and it's clear Thanos had no vision to use the power he'd attained.

Nihilist
you say batman wasnt darkseid fault?
take for instance during hotu thanos kept tabs on doom,because he new he would be a potential threat and out prepped him,surley ds would have known the problem batman would cause with his intellect,and prepped accordingly

thanos had no difficulty gaining ultimate power because he was simply smarter than the people who oppossed him,that and the fact he prepped very well.

Allankles
you say batman wasnt darkseid fault?
take for instance during hotu thanos kept tabs on doom,because he new he would be a potential threat and out prepped him,surley ds would have known the problem batman would cause with his intellect,and prepped accordingly

Why would Darkseid have cared about Batman in a world where he's surrounded by enemies. Second when Granny Goodness captured Batman, Darkseid's new body was being prepped by the other gods. So when did he have time to waste on Batman?

Godfrey and co. should have removed Bats utlility belt, but as I said none of them could have figured that the only weapon capable of killing DS on contact was in his utility belt.

Darkseid had no opportunity to intervene before Batman showed up with the dimension gun.

thanos had no difficulty gaining ultimate power because he was simply smarter than the people who oppossed him,that and the fact he prepped very well.

He had no difficulty because it was simple. Get inbetweeners gem Inbetweener (being a scrub) didn't even know the nature of his own body and he's supposed to have lived for centuries.

Champion destroyed a planet in his stupidity and since he had no way of travelling in space gave his gem to Thanos in exchange for being transported to a planet. Gardener, Runner et al easy.

Most of them didn't even know what the gems really were.

Starlin made the Elders look like idiots in pushing Thanos. HOTU , Thanos never prepped anywhere, he discovered Hotu by looking at a magical well.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Allankles Why would Darkseid have cared about Batman in a world where he's surrounded by enemies. Second when Granny Goodness captured Batman, Darkseid's new body was being prepped by the other gods. So when did he have time to waste on Batman?

Godfrey and co. should have removed Bats utlility belt, but as I said none of them could have figured that the only weapon capable of killing DS on contact was in his utility belt.

Darkseid had no opportunity to intervene before Batman showed up with the dimension gun.

sorry but that just sounds like poor excuses to me.

thanos chumped the grandmaster and at his own game without even using the gems,just to show how smart he was,and the grandmaster was portrayed as metron's equal in jla/avengers

thanos had been seeking to hotu openly for a while via the use of his scanners/tech,not the well that was the ig

Allankles
sorry but that just sounds like poor excuses to me.

Whatever. I'm just pointing out the facts if you read FC you know that DS is out of commission in fc 2, 3 and much of 4 (where he is getting his new body) there was no way he would have known Bats had the single bullet he'd used to kill Orion in his U belt.

No way to monitor Bats or take care of his belt, that job was for Simyan, Mokkari and other gods in charge of the cloning project that back fired. It was Goodness who captured Bats, Simyan and Mokkari who dealt with him after, DS' was prepping his new body at the time.

thanos chumped the grandmaster and at his own game without even using the gems,just to show how smart he was,and the grandmaster was portrayed as metron's equal in jla/avengers

You can't use jla/avengers since GM was totally different in the IG quest. He reneged on the rules of engagement and lost, if anything he should have been smarter, given that wagers and games are his MO.

thanos had been seeking to hotu openly for a while via the use of his scanners/tech,not the well that was the ig

So, does that make it any less simple?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Allankles Whatever. I'm just pointing out the facts if you read FC you know that DS is out of commission in fc 2, 3 and much of 4 (where he is getting his new body) there was no way he would have known Bats had the single bullet he'd used to kill Orion in his U belt.

No way to monitor Bats or take care of his belt, that job was for Simyan, Mokkari and other gods in charge of the cloning project that back fired. It was Goodness who captured Bats, Simyan and Mokkari who dealt with him after, DS' was prepping his new body at the time.

i've read all FC it seem like very poor prep work on darkseids part,he should of been more thorough with his planning and who he put in charge,ie bad management,leadership what ever you want to call it laughing out loud

that not thanos's fault he's smarter and had planed in advance

so....using your resources is a bad thing now then.

Allankles
i've read all FC it seem like very poor prep work on darkseids part,he should of been more thorough with his planning and who he put in charge,ie bad management,leadership what ever you want to call it laughing out loud

K.
I personally don't see where he messed up in planning. The CIS was in Goodness, Mokkari et al not thinking much of Batman as a threat, Darkseid was immobilized throughout this period.

that not thanos's fault he's smarter and had planed in advance

GM lost by being stupid too, he reneged on the rules of engagement he'd accepted, got duped by the old switcheroo and the arena/platform collapsed. Thanos showed intellect there but GM in the IG saga didn't appear as smart as he was in jla/avengers, different writers and all that.

so....using your resources is a bad thing now then.

Who said that? I said it doesn't become any less simple. Using scanners to find ultimate power is not difficult. Is it?

Nihilist
K.
I personally don't see where he messed up in planning. The CIS was in Goodness, Mokkari et al not thinking much of Batman as a threat, Darkseid was immobilized throughout this period.

GM lost by being stupid too, he reneged on the rules of engagement he'd accepted, got duped by the old switcheroo and the arena/platform collapsed. Thanos showed intellect there but GM in the IG saga didn't appear as smart as he was in jla/avengers, different writers and all that.

Who said that? I said it doesn't become any less simple. Using scanners to find ultimate power is not difficult. Is it? but thats what his tech is for too make things easy,why do someting difficult when you have the capabilties and knowledge do something easy instead of making it hard, or whilst you do someting else?...just seems like common sense to me

Allankles
but thats what his tech is for too make things easy,why do someting difficult when you have the capabilties and knowledge do something easy instead of making it hard, or whilst you do someting else?...just seems like common sense to me

Obviously you've missed my point. If it's that simple then it isn't something to brag about.

Nihilist
Obviously you've missed my point. If it's that simple then it isn't something to brag about. i didnt miss your point at all.so you think its better to do things the hard way.

Allankles
i didnt miss your point at all.so you think its better to do things the hard way.

I didn't say anything about things being better the hard way things are not so impressive when they are achieved without any sought of difficulty. You've heard the term "like taking candy from a baby", which is precisely what Hotu and the IG saga were. That's poor plot weaving.

EDIT: Meanwhile Darkseid falls from a death without recovery, he chooses then to drag the entire multiverse into his personal singularity, even piercing the bleed (that's why the Earth's sky is is red and it rains blood red) to convert life to his will.

Nihilist
I didn't say anything about things being better the hard way things are not so impressive when they are achieved without any sought of difficulty. You've heard the term "like taking candy from a baby", which is precisely what Hotu and the IG saga were. That's poor plot weaving. again thats your opinion because it's thanos and not darkseid.

Allankles
again thats your opinion because it's thanos and not darkseid.

My opinion is one thing, however there's no denying the simplicity of getting Hotu (apparently he was manipulated into that) and the IG saga (if you read Quest) you'd know Inbetweener owned himself, Champion owned himself, the rest fell over.

He had two or more gems to their one and none of them knew the nature of the gems even though they had gone out to get them in the first place.

The only time he had to apply significant brain power was the GM fight, which I admit he used intellect, but GM didn't look impressive himself at any point there (NOT JLA/AVENGERS impressive).

I'm just observing what is there in the comics.

Mindset
Not in powers or costume or well motivation. DS doesn't waste his time chasing after magic swords. Doom has a cool name, I'll give him that. Only thing DS has over Doom is power.

Costume? fanboy

Allankles
Only thing DS has over Doom is power.

Costume? fanboy

DS has plenty things over Doom. Like tech, knowledge etc DS has been playing with the tools of war and conflict for millenia.

DS' mind can perceive infinite realities and can project this in nasty ways with the Omega Sanction. Doom's costume in the movie is cool in the comics he looks silly. Really there's nothing Doom has over DS except his cool name.

Mindset
DS has plenty things over Doom. Like tech, knowledge etc

DS' mind can conceive infinite realities and can project this in nasty ways with the Omega Sanction. Doom's costume in the movie is cool in the comics he looks silly. Really there's nothing Doom has over DS except his cool name. You keep mentioning things that have nothing to do with someone being a better character than another

And still, lol at you thinking DS costume is better than Doom's, since FC it just now stopped being completely ugly.

quanchi112
Who is "most"? A lot more people than those that read Annhilation Wave like Gossip Girl or the plethroa of retarded reality shows on TV doesn't make any of those shows quality. Thanos was a poser in Annhilation Wave and his banter with Annhilus was laughable.

It means his mind is set in ways unlike a mortals or most other beings. How can you expect an Apokoliptan god to stop being evil or to stop seeking to rule all in the cosmos? That is who they are, it would be retarded to change that, especially when said god is the representation of primal evil.

What the hell are you on about? When I say he's a force of nature I mean that when Uxas took his god name he became Darkseid, a being who in the lore of the Old Gods would become the most feared of all the gods. He's the representation of a concept i.e. a force of the abstract concept of evil. When I say force of nature I don't mean anything to do with power as you assumed.

We've already been through this, Grand master doesn't represent all the Elders and in IG he acted too late when DS had already taken 4 gems off of the other scrubs. Runner had no chance and neither did GM. Also notice that GM was written by a different writer in jla/avengers, Starlin basically turned the Elders to scrubs to push Thanos.

Which Batman/Superman, the one where he'd turned Earth into Apokolips, Supes and Bats ruling over Earth etc etc that Batman/Superman?

DS is more accomplished. He's taken ultimate power before just like Thanos and has a greater body of work than Thanos. Couple this with the fact that Thanos' claim to fame involved smacking a few Elder scrubs and falling into HOTU after he'd merely looked at a well to find it. Nowhere close.

DS has Apokolpis (which he used cunning to acquire)involving several careful steps for him to take, way more intelligent and cunning in its execution than anything Thanos has to his name.

Yes Yes! I know you think obsessing over death is cool, and seeking conquest of all things isn't. Doesn't change the fact that Thanos had no purpose for taking part in the Annhilation Wave, that's a no, no for a villain. Duly noted,but like I said it was very popular and your downgrade of it is laughable and pathetic. Thanos attached himself and aided an army that was hammering the marvel universe. If you want to talk about pathetic let us talk about hiding in a barn for Superman. laughing out loud

Primal evil....ok just like all the rest. Hell,I'm still not that impressed. He is a god and so is Thor,Ares,Odin,etc. It just means they are gods. Superman has punked gods and so has Thanos.

k,he assumed a name and one in which Orion has been at him his tneire life and Izaya and such has stalemated his entire life. Darkseid finally had his day in the sun and is enjoying it now. Bout time.

No,you cannot have it that way at all. Basically you want to piss and moan and claim he is a different character if starlin writes him. He isn't. When compared to Mteon GM seems an equal and when compared to Thanos he is a joke. Shows you how the compare to the same character.

The one where he hid in a barn and the one where batman caused him to bleed. Both humiliating showings imo.

When has Darkseid taken ultimate power? When? Thanos sought the cosmic cube and got it. Thanos sought the ig and got it. Thanos merged with the heart because he was good enough and he determined it existed beforehand. Ds wanted the godwave and got beat to it. Ds wanted the source's power got it,and then his plans turned to shit when Superman interfered causing Orion to be brought in to run him off. Even when he acquires the vast power he gets beaten very quickly unlike Thanos. wink

Thanos doesn't need a whole planet of mindless worshippers to accomplish what Darkseid has. He has done better with less.

Worshipping death is different than being pure evil. Pure evil is like every other villain out there.

Mindset
Can we get back to the thread topic?

quanchi112

Also it is a lot easier to gain ultimate power in Thanos' universe, there ultimate power is contained in trinkets like gems and cubes. Also he can just look at a Well and find out where ultimate power lies, extremely cheap (and I'm being kind, trust me). What?

Are you saying gaining the ale is impossible? Orion did it a long time ago. He attempted to gain the godwave and dropped the ball. He actually successfully stole and tapped into the source's power and got beat in like 10 minutes. Then his plans were torched in countdown 2 and orion had to actually call the heroes off and he still finished him one on one.

The guy resorted to recruiting mary marvel in her apartment and still fell flat on his face.

Allankles
You keep mentioning things that have nothing to do with someone being a better character than another no expression

I've not seen anything for me to reply in that respect. A great example of DS character is in the way he conditions his subjects on Apokolips.

Like when he first met Granny Goodness, she had killed her superior in the Hounds when he had asked her to kill her dog, Mercy (who she'd trained).

For this she's brought before DS and when asked to explain her actions she said the dog would serve Darkseid unquestioningly and is a better servant than the officer she killed.

To test this DS tells the dog to kill Goodness, Goodness quickly turns on the only living thing she'd ever shown affection to and kills Mercy.

DS impressed by her cold resolve appoints her to train his Elite soldiers in the "Orphanage". DS demonstrates complexity there.

First, concerned that one of his own officers (Hounds) was murder by his own. He then chooses to test the merits of Goodness actions in killing the man for her dog, and is impressed by both her lack of hesitation and the degree to which she'd trained the dog, to the point that it would turn on the one who trained it.

Mindset
I wont lie, I'm not gonna read that.

Allankles
I wont lie, I'm not gonna read that.

laughing out loud

Good to see I wasted time. *ouch*

But essentially you haven't shown me anything to reply to with Doom in terms of character. He has a cool name and all is one of the smartest humans in comics but I don't know what he brings characterwise.

Necronomicon
How will Thanos be able to defeat Doomsday?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Necronomicon
How will Thanos be able to defeat Doomsday? Bfr,force block,outright kill him.

Allankles
Bfr,force block,outright kill him.

DS just omega Sanctions Thanos. BFR him mind, body and soul into a reality where he dies a horrible death and then he is forced to relive this by dying again and again in varied but always tragic ways.

Allankles
I missed this.

Duly noted,but like I said it was very popular and your downgrade of it is laughable and pathetic. Thanos attached himself and aided an army that was hammering the marvel universe. If you want to talk about pathetic let us talk about hiding in a barn for Superman. laughing out loud

Who downgraded anything? I have no problem with the Annhilation Wave as a whole, I'm just pointing out that as a villain Thanos had no purpose for attaching himself to Annhilus, except that it would be "interesting".

Also, I just pointed out that his convos with Annhilus and T & A were lame ego stroking affairs with Thanos coming off like a poser.

Primal evil....ok just like all the rest. Hell,I'm still not that impressed. He is a god and so is Thor,Ares,Odin,etc. It just means they are gods. Superman has punked gods and so has Thanos.

Who told you I was trying to impress you or that being a god by itself is special in comics? I was making it clear what I meant, DS represents a fundamental concept i.e. evil, the dark side of the Source this is what I meant when I said he's both a person (Uxas) and a force of nature (the embodiment of the darkness in the Source).

No,you cannot have it that way at all. Basically you want to piss and moan and claim he is a different character if starlin writes him. He isn't. When compared to Mteon GM seems an equal and when compared to Thanos he is a joke.

No. He was simply portrayed differently, you need only read the comic. In JLA/avengers he had a read on things in the IG saga he never acted until Thanos had taken four gems by the time he informed Runner it's too late.

His contest with Thanos never showed him to be especially intelligent. Without JLA/Avengers years after Starlin's Quest we wouldn't even be talking about GM's intelligence right now, that should tell you how the Elders were portrayed, they didn't even know the nature of the gems and they're the ones who found them in the first place. The only one allowed to show intelligence was Thanos in that fight, GM didn't counter or have a plan of his own only Thanos.

The one where he hid in a barn and the one where batman caused him to bleed. Both humiliating showings imo.

So we're not talking about the same issue. Yeah! That was a pathetic depiction of Darkseid.

When has Darkseid taken ultimate power? When?

ALE - control of all sentient life. SFE - allows him to dominate the Source itself, which puts him well above god wave Ares.

Thanos doesn't need a whole planet of mindless worshippers to accomplish what Darkseid has. .

Here you're wrong. How would he attack and defeat New Genesis or fight the Green Lantern Corps or destroy advanced alien civilizations and their gods without an army?

Thanos' few claims to fame were always under controlled environments one on one or just falling into HOTU or whatever, DS wouldn't need an army for that either.

Worshipping death is different than being pure evil. Pure evil is like every other villain out there.

Compelling argument. roll eyes (sarcastic) Darkseid is a villain because his desires come first above all other considerations it makes him a prick, a liar, a murderer, a conqueror... a lot of things.

He doesn't care to justify himself to anyone that makes him a villain, a villain can be likeable or otherwise what matters is that they have definition (their goals, their purpose, their motivations need to be strong) if not, you look like Thanos in Annhilation Wave.

Bouboumaster
Thanos spank they're ass.

quanchi112
DS just omega Sanctions Thanos. BFR him mind, body and soul into a reality where he dies a horrible death and then he is forced to relive this by dying again and again in varied but always tragic ways. Why didn't he just easily do this to Orion or Superman.

If he cannot easily do this to them when he needs to he doesn't do it to Thanos especially with the power gem.

quanchi112
I missed this.

Who downgraded anything? I have no problem with the Annhilation Wave as a whole, I'm just pointing out that as a villain Thanos had no purpose for attaching himself to Annhilus, except that it would be "interesting".

Also, I just pointed out that his convos with Annhilus and T & A were lame ego stroking affairs with Thanos coming off like a poser.

Who told you I was trying to impress you or that being a god by itself is special in comics? I was making it clear what I meant, DS represents a fundamental concept i.e. evil, the dark side of the Source this is what I meant when I said he's both a person (Uxas) and a force of nature (the embodiment of the darkness in the Source).

No. He was simply portrayed differently, you need only read the comic. In JLA/avengers he had a read on things in the IG saga he never acted until Thanos had taken four gems by the time he informed Runner it's too late.

His contest with Thanos never showed him to be especially intelligent. Without JLA/Avengers years after Starlin's Quest we wouldn't even be talking about GM's intelligence right now, that should tell you how the Elders were portrayed, they didn't even know the nature of the gems and they're the ones who found them in the first place. The only one allowed to show intelligence was Thanos in that fight, GM didn't counter or have a plan of his own only Thanos.

So we're not talking about the same issue. Yeah! That was a pathetic depiction of Darkseid.

ALE - control of all sentient life. SFE - allows him to dominate the Source itself, which puts him well above god wave Ares.

Here you're wrong. How would he attack and defeat New Genesis or fight the Green Lantern Corps or destroy advanced alien civilizations and their gods without an army?

Thanos' few claims to fame were always under controlled environments one on one or just falling into HOTU or whatever, DS wouldn't need an army for that either.

Compelling argument. roll eyes (sarcastic) Darkseid is a villain because his desires come first above all other considerations it makes him a prick, a liar, a murderer, a conqueror... a lot of things.

He doesn't care to justify himself to anyone that makes him a villain, a villain can be likeable or otherwise what matters is that they have definition (their goals, their purpose, their motivations need to be strong) if not, you look like Thanos in Annhilation Wave. Yes,and that was the reason given. So,again I fail to see your point. Thanos has grown tired and bored of finding powerups and until further notice won't be looking for any o fthem anytime soon.

Yes,your opinion comes off as one who tried to convince someone that Thanos isn't Darkseid's superior in all fashions when I know that simply is the case.

Darkseid isn't the dark side of the force the ale is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It is still the same character. You just want to try to disregard it because Thanos played him for a fool while in the jla arc he and Metron were equals. Its all canon bro.

GM tried to cheat and would have come across as more intelligent had Thanos decided to actually compete against him. Thanos beat him outright in a game of wits. That is usually the case in the end when anyone pits their wits against Thanos.

Yes,it was rather pathetic and is still canon.

Yes,it does,but when they both sought out the godwave Ares proved he outprepped Darkseid. Ha!

Thanos has destroyed far more by himself than the gl corps. Pick up the ig and find out who he decimated in battle.

Ds would never be in those situations because he continually comes up short.

Ds is a villain and so is Thanos. Thanos sometimes plays the role of anti hero and saves the day,hell the universe while Darkseid is still trying to dominate the universe.

When Darkseid catches up to Thanos in terms of accomplishments and what not we can talk.

Allankles
Yes,and that was the reason given. So,again I fail to see your point. Thanos has grown tired and bored of finding powerups and until further notice won't be looking for any o fthem anytime soon.

He's grown tired and bored of playing Indian Jones with scrubs like the Elders, it happens. Just don't pretend that Darkseid takes power for power's sake like Thanos. Darkseid has a mission, which is to order all thing in his image, eternally. Thanos is just an artifact robber with no vision beyond acquiring said artifacts.

Yes,your opinion comes off as one who tried to convince someone that Thanos isn't Darkseid's superior in all fashions when I know that simply is the case.

What? It's obvious Darkseid is more powerful, has more powers can do many more things with his powers. This isn't relevant to the point I'm making though.

But just to be clear an Omega Sanction from DS is all it would take and Thanos is sent into into realities where he suffers an infinite amount of tragic lives each ending in a horrible death.

Darkseid isn't the dark side of the force the ale is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

This was from the Source itself, Darkseid represent the negative energy of the Source. He explained this to the Spectre after he tried to destroy DS and failed when DS was reconfigured by the Source.

It is still the same character. You just want to try to disregard it because Thanos played him for a fool while in the jla arc he and Metron were equals. Its all canon bro.

I never said anything about him being a different character I'm just pointing out the facts without JLA/AVENGERS we wouldn't be talking about GM's intelligence. He never showed any of the same qualities in the IG saga: fact.

GM tried to cheat and would have come across as more intelligent had Thanos decided to actually compete against him. Thanos beat him outright in a game of wits. That is usually the case in the end when anyone pits their wits against Thanos.

I don't see how their fighting was a game of wits. And GM should have stuck to the rules of engagement, as gaming and wagers are his forte.

Yes,it was rather pathetic and is still canon.

It also doesn't matter to me, since I wasn't talking about that issue.

Yes,it does,but when they both sought out the godwave Ares proved he outprepped Darkseid. Ha!

And? DS trapped Ares with the god wave using tech. And he acquired more power later which was my point. I don't care to discuss what he never acquired.

You don't see me talking about how Mar-Vell easily ruined Thanos plan with the Cosmic Cube do you? I'm talking about how the Elder's were scrubs and how Hotu invovled falling into a well of power.

Thanos has destroyed far more by himself than the gl corps. Pick up the ig and find out who he decimated in battle.

Again, how did he acquire the IG? It wasn't something DS would have needed armies to get. Let Inbetweener own himself. Let the non space-travelling Champion own himself. With two or more gems own Gardener take his gem own the other two etc etc

Doesn't take that much brain power or armies to accomplish. However fighting the GL Corps with the Guardians without cheap power ups would need a considerable military force that's how it is for DS.

Ds would never be in those situations because he continually comes up short..

Wow! DS wouldn't let Champion own himself? He wouldn't let Inbetweener own himself? He wouldn't own Gardener with two gems when Gardener didn't even know the power of the time gem? The collector, runner? with 3 or 4 infinity gems to one of their own which they didn't even understand?

These were one-on-one battles apparently no one in Marvel knows the gems are ultimate power except Thanos.

Don't lie to yourself. There are so many guys who would have achieved the same with the Elders owning themselves and being scrubs in general.

Ds is a villain and so is Thanos. Thanos sometimes plays the role of anti hero and saves the day,hell the universe while Darkseid is still trying to dominate the universe.

Yeah! Like DS didn't save the universe in COIE against the Anti-Monitor or in OWAW when he channeled the power to transport Imperiex to the beginning of creation.

When Darkseid catches up to Thanos in terms of accomplishments and what not we can talk.

Ho! Ho! Ho! Thanos is a relatively fringe character in Marvel who acquired a few cheap power ups. In the final analysis he's not as important in the Marvel U as DS is in DC.

When Thanos has a comparable body of work then he can stop having to be written like a poser in the big event stories that are actually decent (like Annhilation Wave)

quanchi112
He's grown tired and bored of playing Indian Jones with scrubs like the Elders, it happens. Just don't pretend that Darkseid takes power for power's sake like Thanos. Darkseid has a mission, which is to order all thing in his image, eternally. Thanos is just an artifact robber with no vision beyond acquiring said artifacts.

What? It's obvious Darkseid is more powerful, has more powers can do many more things with his powers. This isn't relevant to the point I'm making though.

But just to be clear an Omega Sanction from DS is all it would take and Thanos is sent into into realities where he suffers an infinite amount of tragic lives each ending in a horrible death.

This was from the Source itself, Darkseid represent the negative energy of the Source. He explained this to the Spectre after he tried to destroy DS and failed when DS was reconfigured by the Source.

I never said anything about him being a different character I'm just pointing out the facts without JLA/AVENGERS we wouldn't be talking about GM's intelligence. He never showed any of the same qualities in the IG saga: fact.

I don't see how their fighting was a game of wits. And GM should have stuck to the rules of engagement, as gaming and wagers are his forte.

It also doesn't matter to me, since I wasn't talking about that issue.

And? DS trapped Ares with the god wave using tech. And he acquired more power later which was my point. I don't care to discuss what he never acquired.

You don't see me talking about how Mar-Vell easily ruined Thanos plan with the Cosmic Cube do you? I'm talking about how the Elder's were scrubs and how Hotu invovled falling into a well of power.

Again, how did he acquire the IG? It wasn't something DS would have needed armies to get. Let Inbetweener own himself. Let the non space-travelling Champion own himself. With two or more gems own Gardener take his gem own the other two etc etc

Doesn't take that much brain power or armies to accomplish. However fighting the GL Corps with the Guardians without cheap power ups would need a considerable military force that's how it is for DS.

Wow! DS wouldn't let Champion own himself? He wouldn't let Inbetweener own himself? He wouldn't own Gardener with two gems when Gardener didn't even know the power of the time gem? The collector, runner? with 3 or 4 infinity gems to one of their own which they didn't even understand?

These were one-on-one battles apparently no one in Marvel knows the gems are ultimate power except Thanos.

Don't lie to yourself. There are so many guys who would have achieved the same with the Elders owning themselves and being scrubs in general.

Yeah! Like DS didn't save the universe in COIE against the Anti-Monitor or in OWAW when he channeled the power to transport Imperiex to the beginning of creation.

Ho! Ho! Ho! Thanos is a relatively fringe character in Marvel who acquired a few cheap power ups. In the final analysis he's not as important in the Marvel U as DS is in DC.

When Thanos has a comparable body of work then he can stop having to be written like a poser in the big event stories that are actually decent (like Annhilation Wave) What?

Darkseid wants to rule the universe and that is his only vision. Thanos had goals and objectives when he acquired his powerups. Do you think he just acquired the ig for the helluva it?

Darkseid is not more powerful. The classic version anyways. I haven't read enough of fc to see where his current power level is at.

No,it isn't. This happened in one story and there have been stories since where he couldn't even easily deal with Superman let alone Thanos who is leagues above him.

Ds isn't the dark side of the source he represents it like izaya represented the other side.

It is the same character and he was written as extremely intelligent in that arc,its just that Thanos beat him at his own game.

How wasn't it a game of wits. Gm cheated to win and Thanos still foresaw this and won in the end.

That issue is still apart of Ds's history.

Yes,ds reacted after ares beat him to the godwave. He lost when ares acquired it and later turned to the defensive.

The elders weren't scrubs they were when compared to Thanos and his intellect though. Thanos put himself in the right situation and because of life experiences did what ak took centuries to accomplish.

Darkseid wouldn't put himself in harms way. That is the thing. He would never even attempt the thanos quest on his own.

The only reason Darkseid managed to defeat the lanterns was because of desaad and his discovery of the yellow weakness. Raker still handed Darkseid his ass on the battlefield.

Allankles
What?

Darkseid wants to rule the universe and that is his only vision. Thanos had goals and objectives when he acquired his powerups. Do you think he just acquired the ig for the helluva it?.

He doesn't want to merely rule he wants to recreate existence. Thanos had no real purpose for acquiring the IG, he doesn't even feel he should rule.

Darkseid is not more powerful. The classic version anyways. I haven't read enough of fc to see where his current power level is at.

DS has better power feats than Thanos. And he has the omega sanction, and the Omega force which gives him control over oblivion, shadow demons etc etc

Ds isn't the dark side of the source he represents it like izaya represented the other side.

As the Source told Spectre Darkseid's existence maintains the balance, he embodies the negative energy of the Source. Darkseid as often alluded to the idea that part of what he does is simply ingrained in his nature.

It is the same character and he was written as extremely intelligent in that arc,its just that Thanos beat him at his own game.

His intelligence never manifested in the IG saga. He accepted a duel with Thanos and lost because he cheated reneging on the deal and subsequently falling for the old switcheroo tactic, allowing Thanos to win on two counts.

He never showed anything remotely similar to his jla/avengers portrayal. Thanos' tactics by themselves were not remarkable he simply showed a degree of intelligence and cunning where GM just plain didn't.

How wasn't it a game of wits. Gm cheated to win and Thanos still foresaw this and won in the end.

GM's cheating showed no wit. And it was ultimately a physical battle (at least represented as such), don't need much wit for that. Thanos cheated better, GM showed none of the intelligence he showed in JLA/Avengers I don't need to convince anyone of that, just look at the comics.

That issue is still apart of Ds's history.

And? You honestly think I care about abnormal portrayals?

Yes,ds reacted after ares beat him to the godwave. He lost when ares acquired it and later turned to the defensive.

Pointless?

The elders weren't scrubs they were when compared to Thanos and his intellect though. Thanos put himself in the right situation and because of life experiences did what ak took centuries to accomplish.

The Elders were as scrubby as scrubby gets. Owning themselves, succumbing to juvenile tactics (Champion) and worst of all not even knowing the nature of the gems they had acquired.

Darkseid wouldn't put himself in harms way. That is the thing. He would never even attempt the thanos quest on his own.

For DS ultimate power has never been a fist or a juvenile taunt away. If he had to deal with a dummy like Champion or Inbetweener he'd have taken the gems without a sweat.

The only reason Darkseid managed to defeat the lanterns was because of desaad and his discovery of the yellow weakness. Raker still handed Darkseid his ass on the battlefield.

Are you trying to be dense? I don't care whether DS owned the Lanterns I'm just pointing out that in his situations in DC, he needs armies.

And Raker didn't even scratch DS, how the hell did he own him?

quanchi112
He doesn't want to merely rule he wants to recreate existence. Thanos had no real purpose for acquiring the IG, he doesn't even feel he should rule.

DS has better power feats than Thanos. And he has the omega sanction, and the Omega force which gives him control over oblivion, shadow demons etc etc

As the Source told Spectre Darkseid's existence maintains the balance, he embodies the negative energy of the Source. Darkseid as often alluded to the idea that part of what he does is simply ingrained in his nature.

His intelligence never manifested in the IG saga. He accepted a duel with Thanos and lost because he cheated reneging on the deal and subsequently falling for the old switcheroo tactic, allowing Thanos to win on two counts.

He never showed anything remotely similar to his jla/avengers portrayal. Thanos' tactics by themselves were not remarkable he simply showed a degree of intelligence and cunning where GM just plain didn't.

GM's cheating showed no wit. And it was ultimately a physical battle (at least represented as such), don't need much wit for that. Thanos cheated better, GM showed none of the intelligence he showed in JLA/Avengers I don't need to convince anyone of that, just look at the comics.

And? You honestly think I care about abnormal portrayals?

Pointless?

The Elders were as scrubby as scrubby gets. Owning themselves, succumbing to juvenile tactics (Champion) and worst of all not even knowing the nature of the gems they had acquired.

For DS ultimate power has never been a fist or a juvenile taunt away. If he had to deal with a dummy like Champion or Inbetweener he'd have taken the gems without a sweat.

Are you trying to be dense? I don't care whether DS owned the Lanterns I'm just pointing out that in his situations in DC, he needs armies.

And Raker didn't even scratch DS, how the hell did he own him? Is recreating existence supposed to impress me? Thanos was summoned to accomplish a goal in thinning the universe's population and he did just that.

Name them. Struggling with Superman shows how he is nowhere near Thanos and his power level.

Yes,he represents the darker aspects,but isn't anywhere near its power such as the ale which is the dark side itself of the source.

Really? So he was just some lucky brick who found the gems and challenged the very universe? LOL indeed. Orion was all the source needed to negate Darkseid's power play. That was it.

It is still the same character(Grand Master) and in superman/batman Darkseid didn't display any intelligence whatsoever when he hid in a barn waiting for Superman. he was then duped into thinking he killed supergirl when he did no such thing. Intelligence indeed.

Different writers give us the stories and every story is a part of a character's history until its retconned. You have to accept it all and can't say well the Grandmaster is a genius accept when he meets up with Thanos. That is an excuse and a pathetic one at that.

The point is Ares was his better in his quest for the godwave. he was beaten while no one has beaten Thanos to a powerup.

No,they were not. Thanos outschemed them all. Gm was waiting for him at the end and he ended up being the last to fall victim to Thanos and his treachery.

Darkseid has had close to ultimate power and he lost it very quickly when Orion was summoned. It isn't tha hard to deal with him despite all his planning.

Darkseid needs an army while Thanos doesn't. Thanos has made a clone as powerful as Galactus and one that almost overtook asgard itself which is much more impressive than new genesis.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos and very very easily at that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>