Ryu Hayabusa vs. grey fox

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

niduin
this has always bugged me, who would win in a down right duel sword against sword just pure skill no ninpo no mega man canon, just their pure skill with a sword, who would win in a fight ryu hayabusa from ninja gaided, or grey fox from metal gear solid?

ThunderGodEneru
Well Ryu does not have many speed feats, we know he can block bullets but that is about it, nor has he proven to be as strong.

However, Ryu is much more durable as seen at the end of Ninja Gaiden 2, and somehow defeats opponents who are on a vastly different level than anything in MGS.

Meh, but GF still wins.

niduin
lol, i still havent beeten ng 2, im a big mgs fan but ryu is just so tough, but so is fox

Csdabest
votes on NGII . Ryu has speed burst that resemble thats guy from final fantasy AC who name i cant remember. and can teleport while fighting at the same time.

Zack Fair
loz

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Csdabest
votes on NGII . Ryu has speed burst that resemble thats guy from final fantasy AC who name i cant remember. and can teleport while fighting at the same time. Cool visual effects mean shit in terms of an actual debate. He and Fox are roughly as fast, and Fox is much stronger.

Zack Fair
Hayabusa has more versatility though.

I've always considered this to be one tough battle to gauge.

StyleTime
With full abilities, this isn't too hard to call. Hayabusa would win due to his versatility.

However, this is strictly a melee fight. Fox's strength may give him a slight edge here in an otherwise even fight.

ThunderGodEneru
Ryu Hayabusa's versatility involves slowly initiated Ninpo, that fires slow attacks.

Csdabest
They also make him invulnerable. ^_^. That and i dont see how being able to teleport and fight at the same time is flashy. He has that skill level. And his Ninpo only takes like 2 seconds.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Csdabest
They also make him invulnerable. ^_^. That and i dont see how being able to teleport and fight at the same time is flashy. He has that skill level. And his Ninpo only takes like 2 seconds. Invulnerability is a gameplay mechanic.

the teleportation I give you.

Two seconds is too slow to be used against Gray Fox.

niduin
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Hayabusa has more versatility though.

I've always considered this to be one tough battle to gauge.
yeah its really tough, im a big fan of both

niduin
well the only thing i would say he is more versitile in is his ninpo, but thats just cuz fox had no ninja training, wow that would be awesome if he did, but thats not the subject lol, i just think about the fights that ryu goes into, and i can only think of one that fox couldnt beet, and thats the one where he is on the floating rock and thats only because he cant use that kind of power

ThunderGodEneru
I can think of alot of things Grey Fox could not defeat, Vigoorian Emperor being prime among them.

niduin
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
I can think of alot of things Grey Fox could not defeat, Vigoorian Emperor being prime among them.
isnt the emporor the guy you have to fight on the rock?, if so then thats the one im talking about, and what other ones do you think he couldnt beet, cuz i cant think of any, cuz all the other ones just require speed and power both of wich fox has, so i dont know

Zack Fair
I would love for a clip showcasing Hayabusa teleporting while casting Nimpo.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by niduin
isnt the emporor the guy you have to fight on the rock?, if so then thats the one im talking about, and what other ones do you think he couldnt beet, cuz i cant think of any, cuz all the other ones just require speed and power both of wich fox has, so i dont know It isn't because Vigoor Emperor is on a rock, it is because he split the planet in half that GF could not beat him.

Well, prolly not the Arch-Fiend, the fire demon in NG2 could prolly beat him, as could the lightning, oh, and Muramasa would stomp all of MGS.

Gumachi
I heard Vigor was weak.

ThunderGodEneru
Don't know why that would be, considering he had the Dark Dragon Blade, which from what I hear has power beyond Vigoor himself...

niduin
It isn't because Vigoor Emperor is on a rock, it is because he split the planet in half that GF could not beat him.

Well, prolly not the Arch-Fiend, the fire demon in NG2 could prolly beat him, as could the lightning, oh, and Muramasa would stomp all of MGS.
well ryu beat him so why dont you think that fox could?

ThunderGodEneru
Because Ryu had a plot device.

niduin
eh, if your refering to the dragon sword, that i dissagre with, because you dont have to use the dragon sword to kill the bosses

First_Tsurugi06
Gameplaywise you don't, but as far as canon, it's (usually) another story.

niduin
what is canon?

MadMel
for example

niduin
ic thank you. well in that case then i guess i agree, but thats the only reason fox couldn't been them imo

ThunderGodEneru
That and Vigoor can split the planet.

niduin
That and Vigoor can split the planet.
ok however awesome taht is is irelivent, can ryu split the planet, no, did ryu defete vigoor yes, now other than the fact that fox doesnt have the dragon sword, can you think of any other reson that he couldnt do the same?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.