Dark Reign: White Queen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ExodusCloak
The White Queen is part of Normans Cabal, there's talk of an AXM/NA crossover and the preview for Uncanny X-Men Annual #2 is out:

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.6593

Emma's motives? Emma's past...Emma's future in the X-Men? Discuss.

Raoul
mhmm

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Raoul
mhmm

I find the sleezy art quite fitting... stick out tongue

I also find it hard to believe that she slept with Tony after those previews...maybe she did a Bruce Gotham on him.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

I also find it hard to believe that she slept with Tony after those previews...maybe she did a Bruce Gotham on him.

Wait she recently slept with Tony? WTF who is ruining my favorite female character?! If she did it in the past then WTF who is ruining my favorite female character?!

Raoul

laughing out loud

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Wait she recently slept with Tony? WTF who is ruining my favorite female character?! If she did it in the past then WTF who is ruining my favorite female character?!

tony, probably.

ExodusCloak
New cover for another Cabal One-Shot:

http://comics.ign.com/articles/945/945537p1.html

Raoul
funky.

still don't know how i feel about emma and the whole dark reign thing. i don't trust bendis as far as i can throw him, and with my back the way it is, that's not very far.

i just really hope they aren't trying to drive a wedge between emma and scott.

jalek moye
funky.

still don't know how i feel about emma and the whole dark reign thing. i don't trust bendis as far as i can throw him, and with my back the way it is, that's not very far.

i just really hope they aren't trying to drive a wedge between emma and scott.
marvel hates relationships for some reason

Raoul
yeah, they love to tinker. they don't seem to realise that couples can be in decent stories without having trouble at home...

jalek moye
quesadea doesnt any character in a good working realtionship

ExodusCloak

Raoul
that really doesnt inspire a lot of confidence...

ExodusCloak
that really doesnt inspire a lot of confidence...

http://www.comicsbulletin.com/reviews/123248706193661.htm

nikbackm

Beware! Here be spoilers. Well, at least one smile

Raoul

he likes fraction. eww.

ExodusCloak
WOW!!! Don't read any spoilers. Just pick the issue up and read it...it was brilliant. I'm in love. You must read this...you'll like the ending Pr.

Raoul
WOW!!! Don't read any spoilers. Just pick the issue up and read it...it was brilliant. I'm in love. You must read this...you'll like the ending Pr.

what part of the ending should i have loved?

ExodusCloak
what part of the ending should i have loved?

The part where she's still loyal to Scott.

I did not expect that other thing that happened.

Raoul
The part where she's still loyal to Scott.

I did not expect that other thing that happened.

oh, yeah. loyalty good. i really, REALLY hope her teasing namor was just that, and nothing more.

ExodusCloak
oh, yeah. loyalty good. i really, REALLY hope her teasing namor was just that, and nothing more.

I believe so otherwise why do what she did she's killed before.

Raoul
I believe so otherwise why do what she did she's killed before.

yeah.

long as she stays loyal, she's good to do as she pleases lol...

ExodusCloak
yeah.

long as she stays loyal, she's good to do as she pleases lol...

I actually thought she did it at the end just for a second...I was like okay...did not see that coming...

Raoul
I actually thought she did it at the end just for a second...I was like okay...did not see that coming...

yeah, me too. i was like... wow, they just killed shaw. for real...

ExodusCloak
yeah, me too. i was like... wow, they just killed shaw. for real...

Don't think you have much to worry about I just realized that she was Diamond when she was talking to Scott on the phone. She was emotionless...she had to be detached in order to carry the thing out..

Raoul
Don't think you have much to worry about I just realized that she was Diamond when she was talking to Scott on the phone. She was emotionless...she had to be detached in order to carry the thing out..

mhmm

well spotted my good man.

jalek moye
So did she sleep with namor?

jalek moye
cuz it looked like she did but i just skimmed through it

nikbackm
Originally posted by jalek moye
cuz it looked like she did but i just skimmed through it

She did, when she hooked up with him in the past. In the present she hasn't so far, but let's see how long she can put Namor off. big grin

Raoul
Originally posted by jalek moye
So did she sleep with namor?

Originally posted by nikbackm
She did, when she hooked up with him in the past. In the present she hasn't so far, but let's see how long she can put Namor off. big grin

as long as scott is around, she'd better. uhuh

jalek moye
o ok, aslong as she didnt cheat on scott im fine

mastagambit
I love Emma,she is so hot,I hope she doesnt do anything to jeopardize the relationship with Scott.

emmaandroguefan
Emma and Scott 4life and I recently read Cabal and as much as I like Emma and it's about time Shaw got his butt handed to him, I don't like Emma being apart of the Green Goblins click. It's not good for her and once her teammates learns about this, it's not going to be good for her, Peace.

Dakenz
"i just really hope they aren't trying to drive a wedge between emma and scott."

What?? WTF is wrong with this whole picture, Emma White, Evil Biotch for most all of my comic reading time (which is now pushing on 28 years, started when I was 4) What happened, I admit that I had stopped collecting for like 5 years or so, but to come back to this??? (on top of Captain A biting it when it should have been that goof tony (mr. roboto) stark. or the stupid way that Civil War was handled) but this is just facked, Emma being a complete ***** to Logan and talking down to pretty much everyone and anyone, plus that bs she pulled with Scott on Xavier when Xavier was pretty much a fresh fish out of water (y'know bullet to the head by bishop then the re-birth) What did I miss? what did I miss that makes this ***** have a place on a Team that she tried to murder repeatedly and still treats like less then herself? The Ultimate Emma was pathetic (goody-two shoes, naive etc) but at least was a character that seemed to BELONG with the X-men. All I want is to see to see Wolverine gut her, Then have Jean Grey come back just to erode her skank ass to hell. People Please, help me out here, enlighten me as to why? why should she be trusted, why should she be allowed to act like a (ryhmes with "HUNT"wink with no karmic consequence and what happened to Scott? Did he miss J.G so much that he needed to find another woman who makes his powers look like nothing? Sorry If I seem so pissy, but its messed to see all this, and sorry to but I thought "Bizzaro world" was a D.C. deal, NOT a Marvel one

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Dakenz
"i just really hope they aren't trying to drive a wedge between emma and scott."

What?? WTF is wrong with this whole picture, Emma White, Evil Biotch for most all of my comic reading time (which is now pushing on 28 years, started when I was 4) What happened, I admit that I had stopped collecting for like 5 years or so, but to come back to this??? (on top of Captain A biting it when it should have been that goof tony (mr. roboto) stark. or the stupid way that Civil War was handled) but this is just facked, Emma being a complete ***** to Logan and talking down to pretty much everyone and anyone, plus that bs she pulled with Scott on Xavier when Xavier was pretty much a fresh fish out of water (y'know bullet to the head by bishop then the re-birth) What did I miss? what did I miss that makes this ***** have a place on a Team that she tried to murder repeatedly and still treats like less then herself? The Ultimate Emma was pathetic (goody-two shoes, naive etc) but at least was a character that seemed to BELONG with the X-men. All I want is to see to see Wolverine gut her, Then have Jean Grey come back just to erode her skank ass to hell. People Please, help me out here, enlighten me as to why? why should she be trusted, why should she be allowed to act like a (ryhmes with "HUNT"wink with no karmic consequence and what happened to Scott? Did he miss J.G so much that he needed to find another woman who makes his powers look like nothing? Sorry If I seem so pissy, but its messed to see all this, and sorry to but I thought "Bizzaro world" was a D.C. deal, NOT a Marvel one

Scott actually left Jean for Emma. Also she may have tried to kill them a few times but who hasn't. They accepted the Juggernaut on their team when he was good and he's done alot worse.

wannabe

To put it in short:
1. She's waaayyy longer a hero now than she's ever been a villain.
2. She may be cocky and arrogant, but she proved herself to be an extremely valid, caring and most of all a reliable teammate to the X-Men hundreds of times over the years.
3. Even the Phoenix herself acknowledged Emma's genuine love for Scott.
4. The team accepted a real killer like Logan, a villain like Rogue, a thief like Gambit and archenemies like Juggs and Mystique. They accept all the other teammembers' personality quirks as long as they stay true to the team, so why shouldn't they accept Emma?

Phantom Zone
I hope this doesnt mean that Emma and Cyke are splitting up. Writers just love to mess with relationships.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
I hope this doesnt mean that Emma and Cyke are splitting up. Writers just love to mess with relationships.
i think it does, possibly for namor (i hope not)

injuredpelican
I wish Marvel would stop screwing with relationships. There needs to be just a few constants, and I'm a big fan of Cyke and Emma.

Now And Forever
lol i disagree Cyke and Jean ftw.

Raoul
i honestly think that for once, marvel should take a page out of dc's book when it comes to relationships. look at wally west (the flash for anyone who doesn't know). he's married, and he now has two kids. before that, though, he and his wife went through a hell of a lot together, but it was always each other that gave them strength. even when times were tough for him, he always knew he had her, so he kept fighting.

it is possible to have drama without breaking up a couple...

Dakenz
Originally posted by wannabe
To put it in short:
1. She's waaayyy longer a hero now than she's ever been a villain.
2. She may be cocky and arrogant, but she proved herself to be an extremely valid, caring and most of all a reliable teammate to the X-Men hundreds of times over the years.
3. Even the Phoenix herself acknowledged Emma's genuine love for Scott.
4. The team accepted a real killer like Logan, a villain like Rogue, a thief like Gambit and archenemies like Juggs and Mystique. They accept all the other teammembers' personality quirks as long as they stay true to the team, so why shouldn't they accept Emma?

Thanks to the first reply and this one, now though

1). umm no she hasn't, check the marvel timeline, I remember her being a villain (part of the Hellfire club) when I first started reading X-Men back in the early '80's, and was still a villain when I read New Warriors Annual 1 or 2 (Hunter Killers?) she was in the New Warriors top ten villains list at number 5 or 6 and was listed a the White Queen and her Hellions I believe.
2). well now maybe she has, but she is powerful and could mask true intentions at least sometimes, and yes, maybe she has lately, but it seems to be almost with a coddling or superior attitude (mind this is only from the few I have read, I buy alot and am almost caught back up so maybe it will be more towards how you say then)but I am sure that as many times as she has helped them, ( I am figuring more in the tens then hundreds) and for the number of years she has, I am still sure that the times she tried to kill them etc has still been more.
3). Oh yes the Phoenix... I don't trust anything that she says, she has her own ends, now if it was more Jean, well even still I don't know. But I did not read that comic so I will accept this one fully.
4). Logan was one f'ed with dude, The Prof knew, and he knew that at his core he was one of if not the best Team member, best friend, mentor etc and that he would die for any of them, so he doesn't count, Rogue was a Kid man, she was not some fully grown Woman who masterminded evil plans, she was a kid who was duped by one of the greatest villains to the X-man, and she was scared, she came to the X-men and only the Prof. had her back, everyone else hated and did not trust her for years upon years ( how long did it take the x-men to accept Emma? no time by comparison) And as for Gambit, come on... he was a thief, not a killer or truly evil minded person, and he felt true guilt and disdain for his past, comparing these three to Emma is at least to me like comparing 3 juvenile delinquents to Charles Manson. Now we get to Jugs (I love that nickname lol) and ms mystake (sorry still have the wolverine story where he was to kill her in my head) granted they are bad people, but they are as well not really leaders to the point that Emma ever was, God, Magneto was not accepted into the team until after Moira altered his DNA so he would not go crazy again (Jim Lee X-Men 1-3 and Uncanny X-men damn, canna 'member right now).

Plus that BS she did with Scott to Prof. X just recently, who the F is she to judge? perhaps that is my true issue with her, that she acts like she has always been good and others are just beneath her, at any rate, I know she will be back to being the True Emma at some point, even if it takes until I start being able to write for Marvel.

wannabe
Thanks to the first reply and this one, now though

1). umm no she hasn't, check the marvel timeline, I remember her being a villain (part of the Hellfire club) when I first started reading X-Men back in the early '80's, and was still a villain when I read New Warriors Annual 1 or 2 (Hunter Killers?) she was in the New Warriors top ten villains list at number 5 or 6 and was listed a the White Queen and her Hellions I believe.
She first appeared as White Queen in 1980 and became co-leader of Generation X in 1994. That gives her 14 years as a villain and 15 years as a hero. One could argue that it's almost equal, but her showings as a hero still clearly outnumber those as a villain.

2). well now maybe she has, but she is powerful and could mask true intentions at least sometimes, and yes, maybe she has lately, but it seems to be almost with a coddling or superior attitude (mind this is only from the few I have read, I buy alot and am almost caught back up so maybe it will be more towards how you say then)but I am sure that as many times as she has helped them, ( I am figuring more in the tens then hundreds) and for the number of years she has, I am still sure that the times she tried to kill them etc has still been more.
Definite NO to that!
I've read almost everything there is with Emma in it, and the times she helped the X-Men and their offshoots far outnumber the times she opposed them.

3). Oh yes the Phoenix... I don't trust anything that she says, she has her own ends, now if it was more Jean, well even still I don't know. But I did not read that comic so I will accept this one fully.
She/it acknowledged it twice and was surprised about the fact that Emma truly loves Scott. In the end she even pushed Scott to get together with Emma, because she knew it would be good for him, the team and ultimately the universe.

4). Logan was one f'ed with dude, The Prof knew, and he knew that at his core he was one of if not the best Team member, best friend, mentor etc and that he would die for any of them, so he doesn't count, Rogue was a Kid man, she was not some fully grown Woman who masterminded evil plans, she was a kid who was duped by one of the greatest villains to the X-man, and she was scared, she came to the X-men and only the Prof. had her back, everyone else hated and did not trust her for years upon years ( how long did it take the x-men to accept Emma? no time by comparison) And as for Gambit, come on... he was a thief, not a killer or truly evil minded person, and he felt true guilt and disdain for his past, comparing these three to Emma is at least to me like comparing 3 juvenile delinquents to Charles Manson. Now we get to Jugs (I love that nickname lol) and ms mystake (sorry still have the wolverine story where he was to kill her in my head) granted they are bad people, but they are as well not really leaders to the point that Emma ever was, God, Magneto was not accepted into the team until after Moira altered his DNA so he would not go crazy again (Jim Lee X-Men 1-3 and Uncanny X-men damn, canna 'member right now).
- So Logan is good in the core of his heart ... doesn't change the fact that he was a killer, is still a killer and will probably always be a killer. One could ask the question what all the goodness in ones heart is worth, if that ones doing is still evil.
- So Rogue was still a child - read the Emma mini-series, which deals with her childhood and teen-years, and you will probably understand her doings better, and will be probably more forgiving.
- So Gambit is just a thief. I still have to mention three words - Marauders mutant massacre.
- Emma expressed her feelings of guilt about what she did, what happened because of her to her students etc. many times.
- Juggs was never a leader and Mystique always betrayed the X-Men and their offshoots before being a teammember long enough to be "promoted". Emma on the other hand has always been a leader, a teacher and worked her way up (in Generation X and X-Men) to her rank among the X-Men now - she proved herself. And she constantly met ALOT of resistance until recently, especially by so important senior members like Ororo, Logan and Kitty.
- Magneto proved resitent to all kinds of attempts to change him and never wanted to be part of the X-Men until the genetic tempering, so why should they have offered him a membership before that anyway?

Plus that BS she did with Scott to Prof. X just recently, who the F is she to judge? perhaps that is my true issue with her, that she acts like she has always been good and others are just beneath her, at any rate, I know she will be back to being the True Emma at some point, even if it takes until I start being able to write for Marvel.
She was the perfect person to confront Xavier with his sins, because she has the same power, thus knows exactly the temptations coming with it, she also gave into those temptations, but, in contrast to Xavier, DOESN'T ignore or deny that. She isn't perfect herself, knows about it, admits it to her teammates, Xavier and particularly Scott, even took actions to stop herself just in case she'd do something out of line again. She's one of the most self-relecting X-Men there is, has a psychological education, is respected by Charly and has the power to force him to self-reflect himself. Who else except probably Jean would have been that suited to do to Xavier what was long overdue?
She doesn't act as if she has always been good, but as if she knows through experience what she's talking about ... and she does.

Raoul
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Dark_X-Men_-_The_Confession.jpg

sofa king we todd did.

Wei Phoenix
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Dark_X-Men_-_The_Confession.jpg

sofa king we todd did.

I say Ed instead of did because the D id todd already covers that syllable.

Ok the picture just loaded, now I understand what you mean.

Raoul
I say Ed instead of did because the D id todd already covers that syllable.

Ok the picture just loaded, now I understand what you mean.

laughing out loud

Wei Phoenix
My God the White Queen wearing black. Charlotte might just kill someone tonight.

wannabe
My God the White Queen wearing black. Charlotte might just kill someone tonight.
And right Charlotte'd be, Emma looks awkward as Black Queen!
mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.