Malak vs ROTS Obi Wan and Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Location Star Forge.

All Out.

Lord Lucien
He dies. Maybe. I say "maybe" because it's impossible to tell.

Vorpal Ruin
Anakin and Obi-Wan win.

Nactous
Malak.

Lord Lucien
Duh.

Nactous
True, true.

Gideon
Depends on how talented Malak is with the Force and its application. Especially when imbued with the strength of the Star Forge, he is more powerful than either Kenobi or Skywalker. Presumably, he can use the Force to incapacitate or remove one of them.

DarkSideisMeth
Malak, obviously cuz of the Star Forge. Unless Obi-Won and Anakin could do fusion a la DBZ and then they would have the immense reserves/potential abilities of anakin with the skillful knowledge and utter tactical brilliance of of Obi Won Kenobi.

Think about it
Ani-Kenobi

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by DarkSideisMeth
Malak, obviously cuz of the Star Forge. Unless Obi-Won and Anakin could do fusion a la DBZ and then they would have the immense reserves/potential abilities of anakin with the skillful knowledge and utter tactical brilliance of of Obi Won Kenobi.

Think about it
Ani-Kenobi You're kidding about the Malak thing right?

DarkSideisMeth
I'm assuming the context of the duel is Malak is imbued with Star Forge power

Lord Lucien
I'm assuming the context of the duel is Malak is imbued with Star Forge power Yeah, but you're kidding about Malak winning, right?

DarkSideisMeth
No, I would say Malak would win powered by Star Forge against Obi-won/Anakin, tis my opinion on it.

Lord Lucien
No, I would say Malak would win powered by Star Forge against Obi-won/Anakin, tis my opinion on it. Tis, it is.

DarkSideisMeth
You going to produce discussion on anything, or just critique what I'm saying in differant threads?

Slash_KMC
Ehm, I think Anakin alone can beat Malak. Even when Malak is empowered by the Star Forge. I like to think Malak is on the same level as Dooku.

But thats my opinion because there is no way to prove it, we cannot compare anyone from their era with anyone from his era thus this thread cannot be answered correctly and it'll just be a feat wars (which Anakin will win).

Kotor3
Malak I would say is greater than Dooku when on the star forge. Malak could regenerate himself, knew force lighting, choke, and drain to name a few. I would definitely say that Malak had greater force Mastery than Anakin and Obi Wan. I do not believe Anakin or Obi Wan could defeat Malak one on one when on the Star Forge.

Malak is very familiar with his environment and abilities there. Together is the only way they have a chance.

Lord Lucien
Those are the techniques Malak knew, but where is the canonical measurement we can use to gauge as to just how powerful they are in his hands?

Kotor3
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Those are the techniques Malak knew, but where is the canonical measurement we can use to gauge as to just how powerful they are in his hands?

How would you measure Dooku's force lighting?

Dooku was powerful so I believe his force lighting would be powerful. The same with Malak.

TheEskimo
Originally posted by Kotor3
How would you measure Dooku's force lighting?

Dooku was powerful so I believe his force lighting would be powerful. The same with Malak.

Well Obi-Wan blocked it with very little effort in AOTC.

Gideon
Originally posted by TheEskimo
Well Obi-Wan blocked it with very little effort in AOTC.

Not that I disagree, but keep in mind that Dooku was only using a one handed gout and that Kenobi was using a lightsaber.

TheEskimo
Originally posted by Gideon
Not that I disagree, but keep in mind that Dooku was only using a one handed gout and that Kenobi was using a lightsaber.

Would using a lightsaber make that much of a difference then?

Gideon
Originally posted by TheEskimo
Would using a lightsaber make that much of a difference then?

Lightsabers can be used to channel and contain Force lightning.

TheEskimo
Lightsabers can be used to channel and contain Force lightning.

So it is more effective?

Publius II
Obviously. You saw Yoda struggle against that same burst of one-handed lightning when he tried to block it with his bare hands.

TheEskimo
Point taken, although I do agree with that Slash guy in the context of Malak being on the level of Dooku.

Gideon
Originally posted by Publius II
Obviously. You saw Yoda struggle against that same burst of one-handed lightning when he tried to block it with his bare hands.

He "struggled" in the loosest possible sense of the word.

Publius II
The script noted that while he blocked the Count's lightning, he did so "far from easily."

Gideon
The script noted that while he blocked the Count's lightning, he did so "far from easily."

The script. And while I don't necessarily disagree, the term struggle implies that he was on the knife's edge of losing. The only time we see Yoda truly struggle with Force lightning is with Sidious. That time with Dooku was a walk in the park in comparison.

Publius II
The script.Sorry, the novelization.

That said, I don't understand why you would question the script, which is what it looked like you were doing; you cited it yourself less than a week ago.

Not the way I used it.

struggle
Verb

1. to work or strive: the old regime struggled for power, he struggled to keep the conversation flowing
2. to move about violently in an attempt to escape from something restricting
3. to fight with someone, often for possession of something
4. to go or progress with difficulty
5. struggle on to manage to do (something) with difficulty

If we're going by what we "see," then you really don't have a case here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KHgNXTHVvc&feature=related

Yoda visibly struggles to push back the coiled Force-lightning at 1:06. To quote the novel again, he does it "far from easily." I'm not saying he was on the verge of failing, or that he was pushed to his limits, I'm saying that it wasn't easy for him. The the novel and the movie itself support me here.

This I agree with, although the relative increase in difficulty can be attributed to more than just the power gap between Dooku and Palpatine.

Gideon
As long as you meant no implication, then we're fine.

Publius II

Okay.

Red Nemesis
"eant no implication?"

...The Hell?

Am I missing something really obvious or was that a terribly constructed phrase?

Publius II
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
"eant no implication?"

...The Hell?

Am I missing something really obvious or was that a terribly constructed phrase? I was going to point it out, but he already said he'd been playing Halo 3.

Gideon
I was going to point it out, but he already said he'd been playing Halo 3.

And sucking at it.

Edit: Nemesis, I did not include a question mark in my original statement. It belongs outside of the quotation marks.

Likewise, in debating, implications are made intentionally all the time; as Faunus admitted, Yoda certainly wasn't being taxed by Dooku relative to the true struggles he displayed against Sidious due to Palpatine's greater strength and closer proximity. Before he admitted to such, I wanted it clarified that Yoda wasn't by any means in any real danger of losing that engagement.

Publius II
And sucking at it. Understandable.

Gideon
Understandable.

Not really. I don't know what has happened, but I feel as though my greatness has been made finite; when you're as good at everything as I am, it is disheartening to see yourself slip.

Take my word for it, because odds are that you'll never come close to reaching my level of awesomeness.

Publius II
Not really. I don't know what has happened, but I feel as though my greatness has been made finite; when you're as good at everything as I am, it is disheartening to see yourself slip.

Take my word for it, because odds are that you'll never come close to reaching my level of awesomeness. You really need to put down that controller; the repeated ass-kicking at the hands of nine year-olds has clearly ****ed with your brain. Like I said, you may as well be banging your head against a wall.

Gideon
You really need to put down that controller; the repeated ass-kicking at the hands of nine year-olds has clearly ****ed with your brain. Like I said, you may as well be banging your head against a wall.

I've never encountered a player on Live who goes without saying the word "****" at every possible opening.

Publius II
The word "f-a-g" must be ringing in your ears right now. Especially if you suck, own, or do "cheap" things.

Gideon
I fight very cheaply.

Publius II
So definitely ringing in your ears.

Edit: Damn, even discussing Halo 3 hurts my sentence structure.

Anyway, who else is going to the inauguration?

Gideon
So definitely ringing in your ears.

I'm used to being called spiteful things. big grin

Red Nemesis
Darth Subjekt and my English teacher would disagree with you.

Gotcha. When I read it the first couple of times it seemed wordy and ridiculous. I see what you meant now though.

Publius II
I'm used to being called spiteful things. big grin I'm sure all the people on Live are just jealous of your superior logic and vocabulary. It probably has nothing to do with your unadulterated sucking.

Gideon
I'm sure all the people on Live are just jealous of your superior logic and vocabulary. It probably has nothing to do with your unadulterated sucking.

Probably.

Edit: Subjekt and your English teacher are wrong, Nemesis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.