most durable character ever ? (DC & MU comics)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SoulDevourer
and I mean ONLY DC & Marvel canon
not the other alternate verses or other verses (so Wile E Coyote doesnt count either stick out tongue)

this is only about durability (not regen factor or anything else for example wolverine can heal himself fast but he can still be hurt like a human in the 1st place)

whos the most durable in DC & MU combined?

btw we're leaving abstracts aside

I only mean physical characters (like supe, juggs & so on)

I'm going for the Destroyer (asgardian)

fangirl101
Classic Juggernaut and Hank Henshaw have my vote.

Anti-Monitor
Classic Juggs

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by fangirl101
Classic Juggernaut and Hank Henshaw have my vote. juggs wth the gem maybe yeah

but Henshaw??? huh he can transfer his consciusness to other hosts but the hosts can still be injured iirc

that's immortality but not (physical) durablity

I mean really "physically durable" (like in terms of Moh scale stick out tongue)

fangirl101
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
juggs wth the gem maybe yeah

but Henshaw??? huh he can transfer his consciusness to other hosts but the hosts can still be injured iirc

that's immortality but not (physical) durablity

I mean really "physically durable" (like in terms of Moh scale of hardness stick out tongue)
A part of henshaw's body survived a galaxy destroying explosion at point blank range. That's some Serious Durability. Really. That's what I'm basing my assessment off of.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by fangirl101
A part of henshaw's body survived a galaxy destroying explosion at point blank range. That's some Serious Durability. Really. That's what I'm basing my assessment off of. k I never saw that part huh

was it a physical body?
what was it made of ? (inertron? something harder?)

fangirl101
k I never saw that part huh

was it a physical body?
what was it made of ? (inertron? something harder?)
I don't know what it was made of. I just know that the explosion was galaxy destroying and even a part of him to survive was uber durable.

rotiart
She hulk was some crazy durability... She went knocking boots with juggs

Holographical
Some of the ghost-type characters...

Deadman, Gentleman Ghost, etc

fangirl101
That ugly guy in the recent Rahnn Thanagar Story. The weird. He is truly durable.

Slaanesh
SBP

cloud102
I don't know if Pre-Crisis counts, but the SHAZAM characters, notably Captain Marvel and Black Adam had TRUE invulnerability. They could punch on each other for days on end and not feel a thing.

Other pre-crisis bricks had this as well. Pre-Crisis Superman against a savage Hulk.

There was also a pic I saw on google. 2 pre-crisis Kryptonians were being pounded by Superman and the one being hit said he could stand there ALL day and not feel a thing or receive any damage. 60's peaked for invulnerability that would put Juggernaut to shame.

Holographical
Plastic Man's up there too.

Placidity
Originally posted by cloud102
They could punch on each other for days on end and not feel a thing.

Why even bother punching each other then? After a few full-power hits, they would realise, "hey this has no effect!"

Placidity
Metapod btw...

Mrblonde
Classic Juggs or Lobo and Deadpool if they count

Placidity
Originally posted by Mrblonde
Deadpool if they count

this is only about durability (not regen factor or anything else for example wolverine can heal himself fast but he can still be hurt like a human in the 1st place)

Wei Phoenix
I wouldn't put Deadpool anywhere near the most durable.

cloud102
Originally posted by Placidity
Why even bother punching each other then? After a few full-power hits, they would realise, "hey this has no effect!"

Well, of course they realized that. Back then comics stated the obvious.

Mindset
I don't know if Pre-Crisis counts, but the SHAZAM characters, notably Captain Marvel and Black Adam had TRUE invulnerability. They could punch on each other for days on end and not feel a thing.

Other pre-crisis bricks had this as well. Pre-Crisis Superman against a savage Hulk.

There was also a pic I saw on google. 2 pre-crisis Kryptonians were being pounded by Superman and the one being hit said he could stand there ALL day and not feel a thing or receive any damage. 60's peaked for invulnerability that would put Juggernaut to shame. How did anything you just mentioned put Juggs to shame?

cloud102
Well seeing as Onslaught has put him down, sometimes his durability is toned down. He's also been hurt by magical swords. Shatterstar. While both Black Adam and Marvel had NO weaknesses. Not even telepathy or magic.

Mindset
Well seeing as Onslaught has put him down, sometimes his durability is toned down. He's also been hurt by magical swords. Shatterstar. While both Black Adam and Marvel had NO weaknesses. Not even telepathy or magic. Onslaught ripping the gem out of Cain was bad writing, seeing as the gem wasn't even inside of him. So, that's out.

Cain has only really been shown to be hurt because of a weakness, because these guys don't have a weakness doesn't really put Cain's durability to shame, especially since all they took were punches.

cloud102
Punches, tp, energy projectile on global scale, cosmic abstracts, etc... Not just punches. Bad writing or not, Cain has been effected.

Mindset
Punches, tp, energy projectile on global scale, cosmic abstracts, etc... Not just punches. Bad writing or not, Cain has been effected.

TP has nothing to do with durability.

Onslaught example you used is PIS.

Cain was affected by his weakness.

cloud102
Ok, beings like SHAZAM, death gods, beings that are capable of moving entire dimensions/rock of eternity around should be able to effect Juggernaut. IMO. Back then these said beings couldn't even harm Black Adam. SHAZAM couldn't even harm him, so he sent him to the farthest reaches of the universe. A being composed of the entire hate of the universe had little effect on Billy.

carnage52
juggs has some pretty good feats tho.

Kris Blaze
Thanos is durable as hell when it comes to energy-attacks.

Superman probably takes home the trophy, him or Monarch.

Nestical
classic juggs fo sho

cloud102
Monarch?

Cap > Superman, btw.

KuRuPT Thanosi
To me it's quite clear...... Thanos, Supes, Hank H, Juggs, HP DD

Juk3n
Spider-man is the most durable...

he takes more shit that anyone eek!

ThunderGodEneru
Superman Prime.

Wei Phoenix

Energy projectiles on a global scale? Do you mean things like the GB Thor hit him with that did no damage to him.

Also using TP as a means of weak durability is like me saying that Superman has shit durability because I can own his ass with Kryptonite gloves. Cain also has some great showins against cosmics.

Battlehammer
Well seeing as Onslaught has put him down, sometimes his durability is toned down. He's also been hurt by magical swords. Shatterstar. While both Black Adam and Marvel had NO weaknesses. Not even telepathy or magic.
was reconned not have hurt him I believe actually.

Knowsbleed33
Juggernaut
Shaggy Man is suppose to be completely indestructible
Thanos

Rhinoceros
Well seeing as Onslaught has put him down, sometimes his durability is toned down. He's also been hurt by magical swords. Shatterstar.

Wasn't this explained that he had just come from another reality/dimension where his connection to the Cyttorak realm and he was constantly losing power when he was there? Then he was left weakened after he returned..

Naija boy

There was also a pic I saw on google. 2 pre-crisis Kryptonians were being pounded by Superman and the one being hit said he could stand there ALL day and not feel a thing or receive any damage. 60's peaked for invulnerability that would put Juggernaut to shame.

Are u sure about that? Because in trials of Shazam freddy bled a whole lot and seemed to be feeling evrything. Further even if he wasnt feeling it the fact that he could bleed means that he isnt "truly invulnerable" as u put it. Also Black adam bled in WW 3

Nihilist
Thanos

he with stood the naked enrgy of THOTU131

occultdestroyer
Oh look at that Pruneface with that cheeky smile

Most durable character IMO would be Superman

Naija boy
For top tiers Juggernaut and surfer.

golem370
DOS Doomsday was able to take all of those energy attacks and was still able to go fowards

cmack
im leaning towards superman or juggernaut

SoulDevourer
in the end Doomsday was all-round invulnerable right ? resisted blunt, slashing, piercing & energy attacks. maybe it can even adapt to magic attacks too

rotiart
what feats make "classic juggernaught" so unstoppable that you would compare him to of superman who could haul planets along... And sneezed away the stars or some such

Mindset
Originally posted by rotiart
what feats make "classic juggernaught" so unstoppable that you would compare him to of superman who could haul planets along... And sneezed away the stars or some such What does that have to do with durability?

And those are pre crisis feats.

Naija boy
what feats make "classic juggernaught" so unstoppable that you would compare him to of superman who could haul planets along... And sneezed away the stars or some such

Uh this is supposed to be durability. Pushing planets is nice and all but has nothing to do with durability.

Rhinoceros
Juggernaut did go through the templars who were supposed to wield the powers of Cyttorak esque beings. *shrugs*

Knowsbleed33
Forgot to mention the Fury. His durability is up there.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Forgot to mention the Fury. His durability is up there. I reckon fury has ultra fast regen, but not ultra high durability ? huh (there's this yellow chick who was able to dig her nails into it, so its skin aint that hard)
blades can cut through it (even tho it recovers almost @ once)

AlmightyKfish
Shocker, I mean, he's got all the padding.

Padding > Cytorrak Forcefield.

But yeah, Classic Juggs is a good candidate for this.

cloud102
I don't think Juggernaut can stand up to Odin level beings. unless I'm forgetting something. Captain Marvel and Black Adam are 2 perfect candidates for this.

skyfather
I don't think Juggernaut can stand up to Odin level beings. unless I'm forgetting something. Captain Marvel and Black Adam are 2 perfect candidates for this. juggs went into entropy

cloud102
Black Adam would punch his lights out. Juggs has a weakness against certain attacks. Where as, the Marvel family didn't.

skyfather
Black Adam would punch his lights out. Juggs has a weakness against certain attacks. Where as, the Marvel family didn't. juggs is weak against ionic energy(onslaught) and sonics(nimrod),punching will do nothing to juggs.

cloud102
Adam and Cap have more attacks than physical. They have also used magic. Which Juggs is weak to in some instances.

Wei Phoenix

Because nothing says "I'm a real durable guy" like having the ability to sneeze galaxies and pull planets.

Adam and Cap have more attacks than physical. They have also used magic. Which Juggs is weak to in some instances.

He has rarely showed weakness to magic attacks. He took Thor's godblast with no pain felt whatsoever. He was also able to survive Oblivion, he had his flesh and organs ripped from his body so on.

vansonbee
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/vansonbee/agentx16.jpg Keeps coming back big grin

Nihilist
Adam and Cap have more attacks than physical. They have also used magic. Which Juggs is weak to in some instances. what magic attacks is juggs weak too?

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by skyfather
juggs went into entropy

Oblivion.

geshien
Lois Lane.

johnv89
Juggs because some of the people mentioned here have actually died and came back. No ones killed juggs, hes benn hurt before but no ones killed him.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by johnv89
Juggs because some of the people mentioned here have actually died and came back. No ones killed juggs, hes benn hurt before but no ones killed him.

I think he died in Oblivion but came back to life.

ThunderGodEneru
And even if he did not that is very faulty logic...

johnv89
Yeah I guess it is faulty logic, I mean he's been in comics for 40+ years and hasnt died, No big deal. OH and hes a bad guy too, but that dosent have anything to do with it does it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.