Cowboy Bebop Live Action Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51989

From superherohype:

"20th Century Fox is bringing the Japanese anime TV series Cowboy Bebop to the big screen, with Keanu Reeves attached to star as a bounty hunter traveling through space in 2071, confirms The Hollywood Reporter.

One of the big titles in anime, "Bebop" is set in a time where "astral gates" make interstellar travel possible. Humanity, decimated by a lunar explosion resulting from a gate accident, spread out across the solar system, as did crime, which gave rise to the use of bounty hunters.

Reeves would play Spike Spiegel, a bounty hunter and former member of a crime syndicate. Spiegel, along with Jet Black, a fellow bounty hunter and former cop, are the two pilots of the spaceship Bebop.

Peter Craig is writing the script.

The show, which first aired on Tokyo TV and satcaster Wowow during the late 1990s, was strongly influenced by American music, even featuring action sequences -- both space battles and mano a mano -- timed to U.S. melodies.

Sunrise president Kenji Uchida, the TV series' director of animation, Shinichiro Watanabe, and series writer Keiko Nobumoto will serve as associate producers. Series producer Masahiko Minami will serve as production consultant."

So guys looks like we've got that live action movie we've been talking about, and its Cowboy Bebop! Thoughts?

Yoshi Paradise
I don't watch the anime, but I might see the live-action movie if it looks interesting.

dadudemon
I like the anime. Some action parts are quite awesome.

The movie should be great. Unlike others, I really like Keanu Reeves as an actor.

Kento
I like Keanu as an actor..But I can't see him as Spike. Though time will tell if I change my opinion. I hope this movie turns out good..Cause I actually like this series more than any of the others that are being made into live action ones.

Kero_Co
Originally posted by Kento
I like Keanu as an actor..But I can't see him as Spike.

This.

I already know I won't be seeing this movie.

The only live-action movie converted from anime that I may ever have an interest in seeing today is Robotech.

Kazenji
I also disagree with the people that say this cannot be adapted into live action, Bullshit it can its not an impossible one to do.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
I also disagree with the people that say this cannot be adapted into live action, Bullshit it can its not an impossible one to do.

I agree.

This movie should be one of the best/easiest live action adaptations.

I wonder who's cast for Faye Valentine? droolio

Quincy
I can see Keanu as Spike. Why not? I think he is underrated. Maybe that's just me though.

Faye Valentine better be ridiculous

Kento
Originally posted by Quincy
I can see Keanu as Spike. Why not? I think he is underrated. Maybe that's just me though.

Faye Valentine better be ridiculous Because in nearly all his movies, besides Bill and Ted, he's exactly the same person he is in Matrix. He may be able to pull it off but as of now I can't see him as Spike. Cause I keep thinking Spike's going to turn out acting like Neo. That's why I said maybe time will change my opinion.

I just want to see Ed. Kid actors usually suck imo so that may or may not ruin the movie..Since Ed is my favorite character.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by dadudemon
I like the anime. Some action parts are quite awesome.

The movie should be great. Unlike others, I really like Keanu Reeves as an actor. I agree 100% on both points.

I never got why everyone hated Reeves.

But yeah I think he can pull off at least a decent Spike.

Wonder who's playing Vicious?

Nemesis X
The movie will either suck or not suck. It has a chance of sucking because there has been an awful lot of live action anime movies that turned crappy. Street Fighter, Speed Racer, Dragonball Z, what else am I missing?

Yoshi Paradise
You can't say the DBZ live-action movie is crappy because you didn't even see it yet. In fact, it won't be released until a couple of months from now. Just because it isn't exactly like the anime/manga doesn't mean it'll automatically suck. Well, that's what I believe...

Although I'm one of the few people who thought the live-action Street Fighter movie was decent, the franchise started as a video game, not an anime.

Nemesis X
Street Fighter has an anime series so you can technically call it a live action anime movie of Street Fighter.

I can already tell the DBZ movie will suck ever since I saw its god awful trailers.

kunglu
Cowboy Bebop is on my list of all time favorite anime. (If you have never seen it, check it out. My brother who doesn't like anime watched one episode and was hooked.) I can totally see this as a live action movie. As for Mr. Reeves I think he'd make a good spike. Was trying to think of who else could do it coming up blank right now.

BetaProxy
I feel somewhat embarassed that I didn't watch this series. I think the reason people dislike Keanu is because I heard he's quite the hermit avoiding media and what not.

BruceSkywalker
i have to see the trailer and stills from this in order for me to want to spend money to go see it

dadudemon
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
I agree 100% on both points.

I never got why everyone hated Reeves.

But yeah I think he can pull off at least a decent Spike.

Wonder who's playing Vicious?

Exactly.

Did you watch the extras on the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions discs? I mean, wow. Keanu is absurdly good with martial arts and memorization. He did some of the 100 smiths choreography right in his chair in the interview. He STILL had the fight sequences memorized. I was like. FUUUUUUUUUU*K! He would kick my ass in real life! At that moment, I ceased to see him as a protagonist in Bill and Ted movies. I saw him as an excellently gifted actor who is very calm and physically gifted.

Spike is a doable character for Keanu. Anything that requires choreographed action sequences with intelligent dialogue is doable by Keanu.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by dadudemon
Exactly.

Did you watch the extras on the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions discs? I mean, wow. Keanu is absurdly good with martial arts and memorization. He did some of the 100 smiths choreography right in his chair in the interview. He STILL had the fight sequences memorized. I was like. FUUUUUUUUUU*K! He would kick my ass in real life! At that moment, I ceased to see him as a protagonist in Bill and Ted movies. I saw him as an excellently gifted actor who is very calm and physically gifted.

Spike is a doable character for Keanu. Anything that requires choreographed action sequences with intelligent dialogue is doable by Keanu. Damn, I did not know that, that is pretty damn impressive.

I agree, I think he will make a fine Spike Spiegel.

As gay as I think that sounds. no expression

Sado22
of course Keanu can do it. he's one of the better actor these days.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Street Fighter has an anime series so you can technically call it a live action anime movie of Street Fighter.

And Yoshi Paradise was talking about Street Fighter back in those days and of course it did'nt have an anime

Yea i wonder who they will get for faye to also fit the boob size.

Yoshi Paradise
Exactly, Street Fighter started as a video game series.
Originally posted by Nemesis X

I can already tell the DBZ movie will suck ever since I saw its god awful trailers.

You do know that the live-action movie was made before the anime series, right?

Trailers aren't always a good indicator if a movie will be good or not, especially the movies that are based on videos games, comic books, or cartoons/anime.

Quincy
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Trailers aren't always a good indicator if a movie will be good or not, especially the movies that are based on videos games, comic books, or cartoons/anime.

I disagree. It's just that. An indicator. Especially if you know the source material.

I mean, I can't say that the Dragonball Movie IS terrible because the trailers suck.

But I can infer, based on the trailers, stills, whatnot, that it PROBABLY WILL BE terrible, as well as a shite on dragonball.

dadudemon
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Damn, I did not know that, that is pretty damn impressive.

Indeed.

It was one of those jaw dropping moments similar to seeing the panel when Jiraiya did the ultimate rasengan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.