Bye Bye Circuit City

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Doom and Gloom
34,000 more joining the ranks of the unemployed

BackFire
Sucks.

Grinning Goku
Christ. That sucks big time. All those people with no jobs. It sucks ass.

BruceSkywalker
guess i'll shop at best buy now

Rogue Jedi
**** them, I got bills to pay.

Robtard
George W. Bush did it.

Rogue Jedi
yes

DeVuL
I heard about this.. and it sucks.. but no matter, I didn't really like circuit city anyway, I always went to Best Buy... it drove me nuts that they started editing their cd's... drove me nuts... screw em... walmart's always hiring *grin*

dadudemon
HOLY SHIT! I'm going to buy some shit.

WOOOOOOT!

No, this is better than a woot off, I would guess.

I can't wait to start buying tons of absurdly discounted electronics.

My balls are tingling as I type this....my anus is twitching with excitement.

I owe this all to the financial crisis. Thank you, stupid people who got sub-prime loans. Thank you, dumbass credit organizations who gave the stupid people sub-prime loans.

shiv
facepalm

Bicnarok
I have a uneasy feeling that loads of different companies are going to go **** up in the near future, like some sad chain reaction.

Grand-Moff-Gav
In the UK we have lost quite a few stores...i.e. Woolworths.

Bicnarok

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by Bicnarok
I have a uneasy feeling that loads of different companies are going to go **** up in the near future, like some sad chain reaction.

You're quite right. In addition to Circuit City, Macy's and Linens n Things recently shut down completely. Lots of others will go under this year. Unfortunately Wal Mart won't be one of them.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
You're quite right. In addition to Circuit City, Macy's and Linens n Things recently shut down completely. Lots of others will go under this year. Unfortunately Wal Mart won't be one of them.

More Wal-Mart, huh?

Will it be called Wal-Mart n' Things or how about Omni-Mart?

Edit-

All-Mart is good as well.

Lord Knightfa11
srsly? macy's died? **** who will do the parade now?

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
srsly? macy's died? **** who will do the parade now?

Macy's did not die, I don't know where he got that from.

jinXed by JaNx
i dont care. Their shit was over priced and the employee's were dumb as dildo's. Unless there was a competitive sale going on Best Buy always had the better prices. I hate to choose one super store over the other because i generally dislike any type of store that tells you what to buy by limiting the variety and fixing the prices. But, Bestbuy was always an upgraded circuit city to me. It had more of everything, offered more and was cheaper. It sucks that people are going to lose jobs but whatever, those people had plenty of notice. We have known that circuit city was going under for a long time. Don't cry for corporations a lot of people got rich a long the way. How about those healthcare workers who get paid less than bus drivers?

Sorry, didn't mean to rant on and off topic but i really couldn't care less about the closing of Circuit City. When the Grocery stores start closing, then i'll start to care because electronics and luxuries will always have a place in this countries market which is why we are hurting so god damned much as it is.

WhiskeyGirl

My father who lives in Ohio, says that there are several WalMarts closing as well as KMarts and Steve and Barry's

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Macy's did not die, I don't know where he got that from.

Oops, I meant Mervyns

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
i dont care. Their shit was over priced and the employee's were dumb as dildo's. Unless there was a competitive sale going on Best Buy always had the better prices. I hate to choose one super store over the other because i generally dislike any type of store that tells you what to buy by limiting the variety and fixing the prices. But, Bestbuy was always an upgraded circuit city to me. It had more of everything, offered more and was cheaper. It sucks that people are going to lose jobs but whatever, those people had plenty of notice. We have known that circuit city was going under for a long time. Don't cry for corporations a lot of people got rich a long the way. How about those healthcare workers who get paid less than bus drivers?

Sorry, didn't mean to rant on and off topic but i really couldn't care less about the closing of Circuit City. When the Grocery stores start closing, then i'll start to care because electronics and luxuries will always have a place in this countries market which is why we are hurting so god damned much as it is.

Well. Individual prefrences aside I could go into a long tirade of why I prefered Circuit City over Best Buy but I won't, that isn't the point of this thread. It does not bode well when large retail chains just shut down rather than reemerge from bankruptcy. It isn't just one either though so far circuit city is the largest. The more closings the less competition there will be and that will give the large survivors more control over the market and therefore prices. It will also mean fewer jobs. But never fear, Obama Won Kenobi will soon come to our rescue

jinXed by JaNx
It happens all the time and Circuit city has been hurting for a long time. It was a long gradual decline for circuit city. They were struggling long before this economic disaster. I know that we will see many more chains close (not food chains though HAHAHA) but it's nothing more than the end of a cycle and the beginning of another. We just happen to have gotten stuck with the short end of the shit stick. Actually, i can't say that because i'm quite excited to be apart this generation. It is exciting times that we're living in now. in the coming years we are either going weather a storm and shape a lively future for fellow generations or we are going to decline further into despair. If the closings of a few electronic and home goods stores and assembly lines is going to incapacitate us then we shouldnt even get out of bed anymore. As long as Obama son relies on the American people to help the country then things will work themselves out. I have my doubts though, Obama keeps telling me that im gonna have to work hard but the platform he stands on screams governmental control but i guess we'll find out together, eh.

DeVuL
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
In the UK we have lost quite a few stores...i.e. Woolworths.

You guys still used to have Woolworths? Wow, I haven't seen one of those in like... 22 years! lol

DeVuL
Unfortunately Wal Mart won't be one of them.

You'll be singing a different tune when that's the only friggin' store around anymore!! And I'll be the friendliest cashier there checkin' you out n takin your money!! wink

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by DeVuL
You guys still used to have Woolworths? Wow, I haven't seen one of those in like... 22 years! lol

What a convoluted string of tenses. It looks grammatically and syntactically sound...

If I had some sort of 'good job' picture I would post it here. Just know that your sentence made me laugh out loud whilst rolling on the floor.

DeVuL
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
What a convoluted string of tenses. It looks grammatically and syntactically sound...

If I had some sort of 'good job' picture I would post it here. Just know that your sentence made me laugh out loud whilst rolling on the floor.

Glad to amuse you... big grin but no, on a serious note... I didn't know those were still around, until, as he had mentioned, just recently...

*shurgs* don't care.. think what you will... I'm a good sport..

Red Nemesis
I thought I was giving you a compliment!

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Macy's did not die, I don't know where he got that from. had me worried there. I don't really shop there but its one of my family traditions to watch the parade.

Grand-Moff-Gav
had me worried there. I don't really shop there but its one of my family traditions to watch the parade.

I bet people all over the country are the same...they don't shop there, but its a national institution they would like to keep.

Lord Knightfa11
ya if that actually started to go belly up I'd be knocking down the white house door trying to make them bail macy's out

Grand-Moff-Gav
things are similar in the UK with the Post Office- the company is financially going down the tubes because no-one really uses it anymore...however keeping the Post Office going is a big political issue because it is such a national symbol... though I think the sentimentality will die out with this generation.

Lord Knightfa11
really, the post office isn't run by the government over there? so how do you mail things like packages and letters should it fold?

Grand-Moff-Gav
really, the post office isn't run by the government over there? so how do you mail things like packages and letters should it fold?

Well, the Post Office is nationalised yeah... through the Royal Mail...however even though the state owns them they cost the tax payer millions every year...as such some politicians want to sell off parts of the Royal Mail which would include the Post Office...

There are also private mail companies operating in the UK.

The Royal Mail will always be propped up by the state at least until an alternative mail service becomes available.

Strangelove
I never shopped at Circuit City, I was a Best Buy guy.

Scythe
It happens, can't say I'll miss it.

Mr Parker
yeah its hard to believe after all these years.The one right around the corner from me just got shut down just this last week.

scrambledeggs
That's really sad. I heard Microsoft was laying people off too today.

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by scrambledeggs
That's really sad. I heard Microsoft was laying people off too today.

But what you're not hearing is Microsoft isn't really downsizing. They are just laying off American workers and replacing them with cheaper outsourced foreign ones.

Bardock42
But what you're not hearing is Microsoft isn't really downsizing. They are just laying off American workers and replacing them with cheaper outsourced foreign ones. Score foreign country!!!

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Red Nemesis

You suck.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
You suck. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.