battle droids

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

onewiththeforce
why were the CIS battle droids so stupid. even tho they had computers for brains and should be able to think fast then humans and move fast then use

Publius II
Shatterpoint agrees. Unfortunately, George Lucas is a noob.

Slash_KMC
Yeah, the "I still can't hit anything" or the fact they don't even listen to direct orders annoys me so much.

Elite Hunter
The cartoons killed any chance of the battle droids being taken seriously.

Publius II
The commando droids were pretty cool.

Gideon
The television series is secondary canon; the stupidity of the droids is being exaggerated to appeal to the immaturity of your average child.

Publius II
I think I watched the episode Rookies and all of the duels; I don't want to expose myself to modern newb shows. Power Rangers, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! (he's the king of games), the DCAU, and the rest of the shows I grew up with were frighteningly awesome. Little kids these days are growing up on shit.

Gideon
Originally posted by Publius II
I think I watched the episode Rookies and all of the duels; I don't want to expose myself to modern newb shows. Power Rangers, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! (he's the king of games), the DCAU, and the rest of the shows I grew up with were frighteningly awesome. Little kids these days are growing up on shit.

I'm not fond of most cartoons. I'm particularly reproachful of anime. Only two 'cartoons' have ever attracted my attention: Gargoyles and ReBoot.

Publius II
I was never a fan of the former - although in hindsight, it was pretty cool - and I've never heard of the latter.

Gideon
Originally posted by Publius II
I was never a fan of the former - although in hindsight, it was pretty cool - and I've never heard of the latter.

ReBoot was phenomenal; it was a Canadian-based CGI television series that ran from '94 to '98, and then had a brief revival in '01, that detailed the 'lives' within a computer. For example, it personified viruses and sprites and pixels and anti-virus software, et cetera. The protagonist was a 'Guardian' by the name of Bob who defended the cybercity of Mainframe from viral threats. The show was really ahead of its time; it incorporated a great deal of humor and adult-oriented themes, especially later on. Ask Lightsnake all about it; he and I are huge fans of the show.

It also featured the voice work of the late Tony Jay as the virus Megabyte; the character is an extremely popular and well regarded villain on the internet.

Publius II
I might check that out.

Gideon
They have all of the episodes on Youtube. It's 30 minutes per episode; want me to link you to the first one?

Publius II
Please do.

Gideon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRQgybOH1tw

Enjoy, sir. You'll love it.

Publius II
Xiexie.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by onewiththeforce
why were the CIS battle droids so stupid. even tho they had computers for brains and should be able to think fast then humans and move fast then use

Basically because the CIS were cheapskates.

Battle droids did not possess independant computer brains Each battle droid possessed little more than a receiver by which they recieved instructions from a control station. Essentially they were remote-controlled toy soldiers with guns. None of them had any ability to think or react independantly.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Gideon
ReBoot was phenomenal; it was a Canadian-based CGI television series that ran from '94 to '98, and then had a brief revival in '01, that detailed the 'lives' within a computer. For example, it personified viruses and sprites and pixels and anti-virus software, et cetera. The protagonist was a 'Guardian' by the name of Bob who defended the cybercity of Mainframe from viral threats. The show was really ahead of its time; it incorporated a great deal of humor and adult-oriented themes, especially later on. Ask Lightsnake all about it; he and I are huge fans of the show.

It also featured the voice work of the late Tony Jay as the virus Megabyte; the character is an extremely popular and well regarded villain on the internet. Count me as amongst those fans, I loved that show.

Gideon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Count me as amongst those fans, I loved that show.

Amen.

Lord Lucien
Aside from Tony Jay's death, was there any reason they left the show in a cliffhanger? I found it hard to adapt to webcomics.

Gideon
Aside from Tony Jay's death, was there any reason they left the show in a cliffhanger? I found it hard to adapt to webcomics.

Tony Jay died in 2006. Mainframe (the company that created ReBoot) dissolved around that time.

Darth Storm
well, mabye they made stupide droids, but in massive army's because of money and mke themselves look scary

mattatom
Originally posted by Darth Storm
well, mabye they made stupide droids, but in massive army's because of money and mke themselves look scary

I'm sorry wha...?

Ahh never mind, I think the Separatists ran on the principle "Quantity not Quality". Only droids worth there weight in alloys would have to be Grievous's Guardians (can't place there names) and possibly Droidekas.

Lord Lucien
Magnaguards.

KingD19
Just CIS : Droidekas, Magna-Guards, Grievous, Droid Ships. That's about it.

Other droids rock though.

mattatom
Magnaguards.

Thanks Gideon, always there to lend a name. Slightly off topic but is it cortosis in the staffs they carry or some other material?

KingD19
The material they use on the tip of their staffs is called Phrik.

Here's a link buddy.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Phrik

mattatom
Originally posted by KingD19
The material they use on the tip of their staffs is called Phrik.

Here's a link buddy.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Phrik

Thanks, that helped, hadn't heard of Phrik before, I wonder if it's easier to mine than Cortosis.

KingD19
Well, they were both extremely expensive, although Cortosis was more difficult to mine, since you had to refine it. If you didn't, the unrefined ore killed you on contact because it was energized before refinement.

I'd say Phrik is easier to mine and use than Cortosis, but Cortosis saw more use.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by mattatom
Thanks Gideon, always there to lend a name. Slightly off topic but is it cortosis in the staffs they carry or some other material? Oh my God... Gideon and I are

One.

mattatom
Oh my God... Gideon and I are

One.

Now that would be something to see.

One thing still bugging me however since the Trade Federation are the wealthiest group in the galaxy how come they didn't pay the Baktoid Armor Workshop and Xi Char a few more credits to design a more powerful army of sorts. Then I guess they didn't plan to fight Jedi.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by mattatom
Now that would be something to see.

One thing still bugging me however since the Trade Federation are the wealthiest group in the galaxy how come they didn't pay the Baktoid Armor Workshop and Xi Char a few more credits to design a more powerful army of sorts. Then I guess they didn't plan to fight Jedi. Yeah I kinda wondered that too. All the money in the world and they can't pay for a decent soldier. Huh... sounds familiar.

mattatom
Yeah I kinda wondered that too. All the money in the world and they can't pay for a decent soldier. Huh... sounds familiar.

Almost like Real Life!

KingD19
Most people who have assloads of money, don't want to spend it.

Vengeful Koala
Tell that to W.

mattatom
Originally posted by Vengeful Koala
Tell that to W.

Err, like to help me out here?

Originally posted by KingD19
Most people who have assloads of money, don't want to spend it.

Natural human make up, we always want more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.