*Attention*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Badabing
There is a very good chance the Comic Book Versus Forum will be getting closed. It seems there are posters who consider themselves above the rules and immune from any discipline from mods. Well, that's been proved false.

There is also the abuse of the report function. We see reports for posts which there's a disagreement, a smilie is posted, empty accusations of socking or a poster simply has a grudge. People need to have thicker skin around here. If we warned every person who referred to a post as silly or idiotic then everyone but Guy222 would have several warnings. Think before you report. It's not necessary to report the same person 5 times for the same thing.

People also seem to disregard the ignore feature. If you can't agree or get along with a poster then use the ignore. It cuts down on frivolous reports and unnecessary warnings. It's not our fault you don't use the ignore and continue to have the same arguments with the same people. There are DC fans and there are Marvel fans. If you can't get along or agree to disagree then use the ignore function.

It seems that some people can't grasp that when a mod posts in a thread that a certain activity needs to stop then it's to stop. But they will carry on in other threads or continue the next day thinking the cycle starts anew. It doesn't. We post in threads so there are less warnings and bans. But there are posters who can't stop, who use our posts as a way of pointing fingers or as an opportunity to have a go at us. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. But we also aren't infallible in our judgments. If we make a mistake then send a PM or point it out in the thread.

The threads aren't a place to air grievances about a ban or warning. There are PMs and a lot of you have my MSN info. The reason we don't want a big group discussion is that every time it's been tried more people ended up warned or banned because they take it as an opportunity to bash the moderators. Moderators will be more than happy to explain decisions via a PM.

Moderators don't warn or ban without reason or on a whim. The only auto-bans are the usual socks. We have access to reports and notes in a posters profile. We also have a Moderator Forum where we post notes about what's happening in our forums and it's open for other moderators to review. So your opinions on warnings and bans are based on a very narrow view of what has really happened.

We are not here to referee versus threads, choose sides on who started what or ban anyone who some suspects as a sock. If there's a problem with someone breaking the rules then let us deal with it. A lot of the problems occur when people take matters into their own hands.

I hope everybody takes note and reads this post. There is a small percentage of posters who are going to ruin this forum for all. If you like the Comic Book Versus Forum then take steps now to ensure it stays open. Otherwise it will be closed as this forum isn't popular with many other mods. As of right now, my only defense to keep it open is that we get 800 - 900 posts per day.

Badabing
Well, can't say I didn't warn everybody......

BackFire
Thank god. I've been rallying about this for years in the mod lounge. About time this stinker gets shut down, hopefully all the pissy trolls move on to greener (dumber) pastures.

Digi
The issue isn't necessarily with closing the vs. forum, its with doing away with it from KMC. The main talk is of outsourcing vs. stuff to a single forum on a different site, which Raz would also head up. And since all genres would be allowed, it would effectively eliminate the "comic" community.

Though Raz hasn't had the chance to work on it in recent months, and the push for removing vs. sections soon is strong. After years of dominating the reports, socks, trolls, bans, etc. it is hard to defend this forum in particular. Along with the OTF, we may very well be the busiest forum on KMC. But when we're responsible for probably 90% of its behavioral issues, the pros have a hard time keping up with the cons. The likliest scenario is that there will be an indefinite period without vs. until the new site goes up.

We'll keep you updated as needed. Bada's post seems a bit melodramatic for my tastes, but the possibility is not only real but likely. And this can be useful for keeping everyone informed.

Peach
I'll just say this - thank god. Few less headaches for me.

Captain REX
Indeed. On top of being the source for the majority of KMC's behavioral issues (as Digi noted), it is also the source of the most outspoken critics of the moderating staff. And by critics I mean those who just do not think the rules should apply to them because they are, apparently, integral members of the section. It puts great strain on our jobs keeping an enjoyable discussion atmosphere on KMC when members are attempting to stage a posters' rebellion on a message board where they really don't have much say.

Furthermore, there are more socks coming from the Comic Vs., either of banned members or unfriendly pranks, than I have in my sock drawer. There would be less of either sort of sock if the members of the forum just behaved and got along in a friendly manner, instead of constant belittlement. The first kind are a result of me and others banning members who have revoked their right to be here regardless of their activeness on the forum. The second is usually mean-spirited (I refer here to the less-than-recent but definitely memorable Quanshe incident, which I frown upon as distasteful; you know who you are). It is ridiculous that you cannot civilly debate something that isn't even a serious matter. I could understand if this was the Political Debate forum that we attempted here on KMC... but that forum should have been proof enough that debating on this site has not worked well...

Paola
God! I'll miss this place yes

Do we have a closing date already?

Badabing
sneer

galactusischere
The versus forums is GREAT! It should not be closed. Ever.

"Id"

psycho gundam
facepalm

Galan007
Originally posted by Badabing
sneer I'll admit it, you bastids got me good with this one.

Badabing
laughing out loud

I figured I could worry a few of our newer posters. biscuits

Enyalus
OMG the Vs. forum is shutting down!?! Where is our KMC Resistance leader when we need him most???

Lunacyde
Haha I was gonna say....you guys don't know trolling lol

Wild Shadow
starscream?

i dont think he wants to lead anymore after his failed attempt to have kriz blaze unbanned.

Galan007
laughing out loud

I figured I could worry a few of our newer posters. biscuits lol

All of you guys (the mods, I mean) really committed to it. I think we all bought what y'all were selling.

So *h5* for that. thumb up

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Paola
God! I'll miss this place yes

Do we have a closing date already? here is the close date..

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t530435.html

Lord_Talron
does this mean we are allowed to troll without ramifications now this is a dead forum? shifty ninja embarrasment eek! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Digi

jinzin
Wow. no expression

You Mods better thank the gods you pray to I didn't see this sheeeat!

If I had you would have seen the super-multi-battle-post like you've never see it before! mad

Badabing
Originally posted by Lunacyde
Haha I was gonna say....you guys don't know trolling lol mmm

mhmm

Digi
Originally posted by Digi
Yeah, this was a good prank. We sold it longer and harder than most, and a LOT of people fell for it.

chomperx9
let me guess another april fools joke ?

HAHAHAHAHA laughing laughing good one bada

Badabing
Originally posted by jinzin
Wow. no expression

You Mods better thank the gods you pray to I didn't see this sheeeat!

If I had you would have seen the super-multi-battle-post like you've never see it before! mad We had Digi. He was acting all Mr. Evil Mastermind. I swear I heard his evil, menacing laugh during the gag.
Originally posted by chomperx9
let me guess another april fools joke ?

HAHAHAHAHA laughing laughing good one bada Another?

*looks at Chomper's registration date*

mmm

chomperx9
We had Digi. He was acting all Mr. Evil Mastermind. I swear I heard his evil, menacing laugh during the gag.
Another?

*looks at Chomper's registration date*

mmm uh i was here last year dude. remember i registed on that other site that you made for the members cause everyone thought it was closing for real. that was your site no ? need to replace britney spears man on the front of the site

cdtm
laughing out loud

I figured I could worry a few of our newer posters. biscuits

I was there for the great Comicbookresources mass banning (They literally started banning people at the drop of a hat), so you got me good.

chomperx9
Originally posted by cdtm
I was there for the great Comicbookresources mass banning (They literally started banning people at the drop of a hat), so you got me good. one of the members on there you cant argue with him about nothing. even if its civil. he defends one character you gotta play along or he can get you banned. forgot what that dudes name was but everyone kissed his ass on there. not sure if his daddy owns the site or something

Badabing
uh i was here last year dude. remember i registed on that other site that you made for the members cause everyone thought it was closing for real. that was your site no ? need to replace britney spears man on the front of the site mhmm

biscuitsOriginally posted by cdtm
I was there for the great Comicbookresources mass banning (They literally started banning people at the drop of a hat), so you got me good. stick out tongue

cdtm
one of the members on there you cant argue with him about nothing. even if its civil. he defends one character you gotta play along or he can get you banned. forgot what that dudes name was but everyone kissed his ass on there. not sure if his daddy owns the site or something

Did his name begin with a 'P', by chance? If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he's the one who got me banned.

He's a good poster, too.. Usually knows his stuff. It's just, when push comes to shove, he's quick to play the "Make accusations of being ingenious, and/or complain to a mod" card.

It's never that someone simply didn't know something, it's always that they're lying..

Lunacyde
mmm

mhmm

I've seen some bad trolling in my day.

chomperx9
Originally posted by cdtm
Did his name begin with a 'P', by chance? If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he's the one who got me banned.

He's a good poster, too.. Usually knows his stuff. It's just, when push comes to shove, he's quick to play the "Make accusations of being ingenious, and/or complain to a mod" card.

It's never that someone simply didn't know something, it's always that they're lying.. i dont remember his name but he was a hassel to talk to. even if you did take his side on a thread he says look i dont need your ass to back me up. he can talk to you like that and nothing happens but one wrong word to him and BAM your gone.

Digi
We had Digi. He was acting all Mr. Evil Mastermind. I swear I heard his evil, menacing laugh during the gag.

I did enjoy myself.

evil face

chomperx9
I did enjoy myself.

evil face sick

Digi
I just remember some gleeful cackling in the mod lounge as I received frantic PMs and watched the chaos unfold. I think it was made better by the fact that I expected no one to fall for it. The fact that some did (though by no means all, or even a majority) was priceless.

jinzin
laughing out loud can we get some of those responses in here? No names of course.

chomperx9
I just remember some gleeful cackling in the mod lounge as I received frantic PMs and watched the chaos unfold. I think it was made better by the fact that I expected no one to fall for it. The fact that some did (though by no means all, or even a majority) was priceless. i wonder what would be a cooler experience ? to vist the mod lounge or to vist GM island on WOW ?

im thinking more GM island but bada PM me one time telling me theres free beer weed and some experience pole dancers in the mod lounge. every day in the mod lounge is like a bachelor party for the guys. thats why there is less female mods.

Digi
Originally posted by jinzin
laughing out loud can we get some of those responses in here? No names of course.

I'll look for them. Tomorrow. It's too late to do it right now. But yeah, they might be fun to read.

i wonder what would be a cooler experience ? to vist the mod lounge or to vist GM island on WOW ?

I'd say te island, but of course the forbidden fruit always seems sweeter, so I guess I can't claim objectivity here.

chomperx9
I'll look for them. Tomorrow. It's too late to do it right now. But yeah, they might be fun to read.

I'd say te island, but of course the forbidden fruit always seems sweeter, so I guess I can't claim objectivity here. there used to be a way mages could get there but you lost your account in a sec if they caught you there

Galan007
I'll look for them. Tomorrow. It's too late to do it right now. But yeah, they might be fun to read. There were a multitude of "Goodbye KMC" threads that would be hilarious to read in retrospect, but I can't seem to find any of them.

mmm sad

Black bolt z
If we warned every person who referred to a post as silly or idiotic then everyone but Guy222 would have several warnings. laughing

Wait...I don't get what Galan is saying.Is this am joke or something?

Estacado
jugg666none

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Estacado
jugg666none Wait so it is?

Colossus-Big C
damn. what about just deactivating the report function for good?
or a feature that automaticly edits insults in post.
or make me mod and ill take care off all of this?

Newjak
I remember seeing this and not really caring stick out tongue

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
3 Good points that never should happen.

Doctor-Alvis
I remember bein' all like "Oh well."

nicamarvin

Black bolt z

or make me mod and ill take care off all of this? Who would make a better mod?Me or you?
If the answer is me that says a lot about you.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Who would make a better mod?Me or you?
If the answer is me that says a lot about you.
Self-deprecation FTW?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Self-deprecation FTW? in terms a small boy can understand?

Digi

The first would allow all kinds of idiocy and chaos...we'd turn into 4chan. The code would be impossible to write for the second one, it wouldn't deal with all the other problems we deal with that don't involve insults, and would also inhibit free speech. The third isn't worth commenting on.

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I remember bein' all like "Oh well."

Indeed. The real joke was that all the "thank goodness" sentiments from the mods weren't actually sarcastic, even though we were in on the joke.

Digi
Here's a gem that never actually saw the light of day. I scrapped in because it would've been too much work. I'd like to think Bada got some ideas from it though, since he was the prime mover behind the actual prank we pulled.

First off, this needs to be kept a secret from the general KMC public or the affect will be lost. Not good friends, not other sites....just Mods.

Anyway:

In roughly 10 months, DC Comics is publishing what promises to be one of the largest company crossovers in comic history. They're calling it "Final Crisis". The death of universes, irreversible change, yadda yadda yadda...

And to coincide with the release, I want to do something of our own. A "Crisis", if you will. Now...

- Don't worry. I'm not planning anything too outlandish. A bunch of thread closings (which I'll re-open after it's all over) some threats of merging all the comic forums together and closing the vs. forum, general chaos and rumors, etc.

- I don't have all the details worked out...just general ideas.

- The reason I'm making this is because I want to assure everyone that this is in the interest of fun and won't do anything harmful (except flood my and a few others' PM boxes). Also, because I'll need help to convince everyone of the "crisis". Think of it as an elaborate April Fool's joke, which will hopefully dupe a good deal of the comic forums.

- I'll make sure there's unrest and rumors well before it happens so that it doesn't seem out of the blue. For example: They already know that vs. forums aren't held in the highest esteem...how much more would it take to convince them that we decided that the "vs. experiment" was more problem than it's worth, and that we've decided to close the forum entirely? We're a movie site after all. That's where I'll need outside help...they won't believe just me. I'll help plan things as they go along...no one will be doing terribly much unless they want to. But to be convincing, there will have to be dummy-announcements in other forums and various other things that I can't all do alone if I want it to be convincing.

- If this gets vetoed by anyone, nothing will happen. I've just been thinking about this for a while though, and figured it might be fun. I figure I'll need at least a few months to lay the foundation for all of it, so it was best to start thinking early.

...the central idea behind DC's original "Crisis on Infinite Earths" was merging the multiverse (multiple universes) into 1 universe. We'd mirror that, after a fashion, but wouldn't actually follow through.

So. Thoughts?

...I'm half-embarassed to put this idea out there, but I honestly think I can pull it off convincingly and amusingly.

Black bolt z
Here's a gem that never actually saw the light of day. I scrapped in because it would've been too much work. I'd like to think Bada got some ideas from it though, since he was the prime mover behind the actual prank we pulled. Just out of curiosity why would mods do these things if it makes people mad and possibly runs them from the site?
Also off topicbig grino mods get paid?

Digi
Just out of curiosity why would mods do these things if it makes people mad and possibly runs them from the site?

...cuz it's fun?

srug

Also off topic: Do mods get paid?

Of course not.

Digi
The plan that almost was. This was the details from the above idea:

There's just...a lot to coordinate, and a lot of damage control to avoid (or to shunt to me and a few others).

Nutshell version, just for thought:

Basically I'd take a really hard line in my forums and start closing things (I kinda legitimately want to get rid of the team threads anyway...they're mostly spam), have some respected but non-comic member start some anti-vs. forum stuff in the OTF (maybe an impromptu petition), and random grumblings from various mods about changes to the vs. forums, followed in a few weeks by tentative proclamations that the "vs. experiment" was becoming too much trouble for its own good and mass closings would occur.

Nothing less than a coordinated announcement from either Raz or multiple globals would actually get the forum to take the possibility seriously that all vs. forums will be shut down. That's when I'd find some way to shunt the PM flood to me, by attempting to act like I'll present the case to the mods without spamming everyone else's PM box (which I'd say would only lead to problems).

Meanwhile, pr and some other mod (originally WD in my plan, but it could change) start a covert "resistance" on another board, due to "inconsistencies" with the stories being presented by everyone, and let on that maybe Digi isn't being as honest with everyone as he lets on. They pretend to be the peoples' advocates for a time, and basically gather ideas (which will never be used, btw). I grow increasingly despotic, and eventually get confronted...at which point I let on that I was behind the closing idea. This will be close to the end of the whole thing, because there's no clean way to filter PMs to any one person after that, unless I let on that {insert person} has been against me more than anyone.

Toward the very end (last day or two), one or both of the "peoples' advocates" of the secret resistance let on that they've been in cahoots with Digi the entire time (we'll spare pr if he needs to be the good guy stick out tongue ) and want the forums closed. Nothing can stop it from happening.

Final announcements, mass upset-ness for about a day. Then nothing.

About a day's break in between, then the "gotcha" announcement.

That's the short version. Other than myself, pr, and one other mod, there's not much anyone else would have to do other than general confirmation from other mods if they're asked about it, and like I said I'll shunt the PMs to me as much as possible. Nothing major would occur for at least 4-5 weeks, which leaves only another 4 or so weeks where there would be any visible unrest.

Black bolt z
The plan that almost was. This was the details from the above idea: Note to self: Never believe this site is going down.Mods are meanies.

Omega Vision
...cuz it's fun?

srug

Of course not.
Not in taxable income anyway. wink

Parmaniac
The plan that almost was. This was the details from the above idea: From now on your name shall be Digi van Doom

Black bolt z
So what does raz do for a living?Or do all mods pay him for their powers?Except bada.He killed John F. Kenedy to get his.

Digi
So what does raz do for a living?Or do all mods pay him for their powers?Except bada.He killed John F. Kenedy to get his.

Yes, exactly. Whatever. Now stop asking questions.

uhuh

Parmaniac
So what does raz do for a living?Or do all mods pay him for their powers?Except bada.He killed John F. Kenedy to get his. Most likely Raz gets money through this sites ads, the mods are just volunteers

"Id"
reported for necro bumping.

Badabing

uhuh Originally posted by Parmaniac
From now on your name shall be Digi van Doom laughing out loud

chomperx9

uhuh I have a question. what other forums does raz run ?

Tattoos N Scars
OR MAKE ME A MOD and ill take care off all of this?

Apparently, it is the end of days...and your coming was foretold by the mods of old. You are the Anti-Mod.

Damn, nevermind..thought you were Quanchi.

SamZED
Nah.. That title belongs to "The Judge". He used to actually challenge KMC memebers to a street fight.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by SamZED
Nah.. That title belongs to "The Judge". He used to actually challenge KMC memebers to a street fight. I'm open for it he just needs to come along here smile

Tattoos N Scars
All the Judge socks were just annoying..and he had no staying power. His socks were immediately banned after a few posts. There have been trolls and socks far greater than him.

SamZED
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I'm open for it he just needs to come along here smile That's what I told him.laughing Haven't heard from him ever since.

SamZED
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
All the Judge socks were just annoying..and he had no staying power. His socks were immediately banned after a few posts. There have been trolls and socks far greater than him. He would create The Judge vs Robin threads and seriously argue that he can take him. erm If there was a sockscar he'd win every nomination.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by SamZED
He would create The Judge vs Robin threads and seriously argue that he can take him. erm If there was a sockscar he'd win every nomination.

It was foretold that the Anti-Mod would have a mouth, speaking great things. It is also said that all of KMC would wonder after the beast..who could make war with him? This means he would be loved by all..until his reign of terror begins.

confused

I might be wrong...it can't be Quanchi.

Could it be...............Guy222??? He's a man of peace...and loved by all!!!

stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.