Just what would you give to go back???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Catch 22
Maybe it's a symptom of getting older, but I found myself thinking more and more lately about what it would be like to be able to go back to a key time in your life and re-live it all over again from that point.

I guess it's a case of 'if I knew then what I know now.'

For me it would have to be the summer of 1982, which is scary in itself when I realise that it was 20 years ago. I had just turned fourteen years old and we were on a school trip to Austria. The events of those 9 days were quite pivotal in my life and they went on to have repercussions right up until this day. Nothing major, but that trip had a really be influence on some of the directions I took with my life.

It was also the summer that met my first serious girlfriend, we were together for the best part of 3 years.

It's not a case of wishing to change my current life in any way, but there were certain things, certain nuances that I would love to have handled in a slightly different way.

But then again, who knows what even a minor change would have caused down the road?

Tex
I'm just a young piss ass, theres really nothing that I've done thus far that warrants time travel.

finti
be cool to be 18 again.........and knowing what I know today evil face

Ushgarak
Quite a few times that have been pivotal in a negative way. But to be honest, if I had the opportunity, I would probably leave them as they are, warts and all.

Dim
Me too..I like where I'm at today.

keokiswahine
yesterday is history,
tomorrow is a mystery,
today is the present.

Make your choices today for the future of tomorrow creating the history of yesterday.

smile cool smokin' Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

Catch 22
That is quite insightful Keo, and quite true as well.

It's not about changing life or being in a different pace. I love my life and the way it has evolved. I couldn't be happier.

I think what I was driving at was being able to try out different ways of handling things, but with no repercussions; Like a test drive in a way, a 'what if.'

I mean, if you never wonder then what's the point in doing, well that's how I see it. You make decisions, your life path moves on. But I find it interesting to ponder what could happen.

Do you turn left, do you turn right? You turn right, but what could have happened if you'd turned left??? I find it intersting.

Who saw Sliding Doors? For me that was such an great film because it dealt with that very concept, but it also held another message; One little thing won't change your life forever.

Back to my summer of '82, I chose that because it was that summer and the 3 that followed it were the best time ever, as I guess is true for a lot of 14-18 year olds.

An old school friend of mine recently pointed out that something our parents always told us is actually quite true; At that age you spend all your time trying to be older and hating school and the restrictions of being a young teenager. Once you actually get past that you begin to realise just how good a time that age was, and how defining it is for you as an individual and a person.

Thomas H
I love everything I have done!

Bad Boy
Those were the best days of my life!

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

zimbo
I don't want to be younger.......I think most of you now why.

Captain REX
I'm only 15, but my reputation has been soiled by past incidents. I would like to go back and change them, but that's impossible now...

Dim
Just learn from it and move on...likelyhood is that whatever your rep is probably won't wreck the rest of your life.

BackFire349
finti, spread you're knowledge to me... im 19, i can capitolize on an old mans knowledge. consider it an xmas gift.

Dim
eek!

I'm not sure you really understand what you're saying BF...maybe we should talk a little trip to the nice doctor huh?

BackFire349
no.

finti
You really want my advice??? evil face Well have fun while you can BF life gets seiouse enough as it is later on

BackFire349
strong words.... now im sad, i dont wanna grow up.

Catch 22
Problem is Finti that to have all the best fun when you're young you really need all that accumulated knowledge that you pick up over the years.... evil face evil face

But that really wasn't my point.... Oh? Wait a minute, yes it was... wink

Fitch
neh,I like the things as they are.....for now evil face

ToMacco
laughing out loud Tex, I love how you describe yourself: "A young piss ass" rolling on floor laughing

Not to change the topic, Catch 22, but Pink is real sexy. I don't think she is really even that attractive, but just the way she moves and sings is a real turn on. . . . . . *Homer's voice*: "Mmmmm, Pink."

finti
tex is right, and Catch 22, damn right man

Fitch
couldn't agree you more To

Gundark
There's probably some things I would change, but not a whole lot.

Hmmm...wait...maybe I would have killed my ex-husband instead.

Hehehe.

finti
evil face..... instead of what??????????

Fitch
kepping him ?

Gundark
No, instead of letting him continue living on my planet.

Although he managed to make himself miserable in his life without me helping him at all. Hehehe.
evil face

Fitch
you devil,you....evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.