Who survives ground zero?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Southern_Rebel
The following characters are hit at ground zero by a 900 yattaton bomb(10 to the 26th power). Considering that the largest man made nuclear explosion was 50 megatons(5 to the 7th power) and the explosion that is claimed to have eliminated the dinosaurs was a ten teratonne asteroid explosion(10 to the 14th power), what could a 900 yattaton explosion do to these characters at ground zero?

1. Savage Hulk
2. World War Hulk
3. Superman
4. Doomsday
5. Wolverine
6. Darkseid
7. Thanos
8. Silver Surfer
9. Thor
10. Martian Manhunter
11. Kyle Rayner(could his ring constructs hold this type of explosion)
12. Deadpool
13. Alucard
14. Superboy Prime
15. Galactus

janus77
while the planet/solar system may not survive, the following should (without much trouble):

1. Savage Hulk

2. World War Hulk

6. Darkseid

7. Thanos

8. Silver Surfer

14. Superboy Prime

15. Galactus

occultdestroyer
Doomsday dies, but afterwards he would be ridiculously uber durable.

Deadpool, Alucard, and Galactus survive.

EDIT: spell check

AlmightyKfish
Can they phase/absorb energy from the blast?

If not then-

Darkseid, Thanos, Surfer, SBP, Deadpool, Galactus and Supes.

Endless Mike
That's around 3.7e33 joules, which is a bit over 10 times the energy required to destroy the earth. I would actually say they all could survive, if they were lucky.

People who would definitely survive:

Superman
Doomsday
Darkseid
Thanos
Surfer
Thor
Kyle
Deadpool (immortal, remember)
Alucard (assuming you mean the one from Hellsing, but only after he gets Schrodinger's power - not sure about the one from Castlevania)
S-Prime
Galactus

Southern_Rebel
Originally posted by Endless Mike
That's around 3.7e33 joules, which is a bit over 10 times the energy required to destroy the earth. I would actually say they all could survive, if they were lucky.

People who would definitely survive:

Superman
Doomsday
Darkseid
Thanos
Surfer
Thor
Kyle
Deadpool (immortal, remember)
Alucard (assuming you mean the one from Hellsing, but only after he gets Schrodinger's power - not sure about the one from Castlevania)
S-Prime
Galactus

Well, the reason I put Alucard and Deadpool in there is because of their amazing healing factor. However,a blast like that at ground zero will vaporize flesh in an instant. I wasn't sure if Deadpool or Alucard(Hellsing) can resurrect from nothingness.

Also, those that do survive. How do you think they will be affected afterwards. Thanos, for instance....would he be KO'd....badly hurt...or will he be as if nothing happened?

xJLxKing
Superman
Darkseid
Thanos
Surfer
Kyle
S-Prime
Galactus
Doomsday(maybe)

That's the best answer

Mindset
Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
Well, the reason I put Alucard and Deadpool in there is because of their amazing healing factor. However,a blast like that at ground zero will vaporize flesh in an instant. I wasn't sure if Deadpool or Alucard(Hellsing) can resurrect from nothingness.

Also, those that do survive. How do you think they will be affected afterwards. Thanos, for instance....would he be KO'd....badly hurt...or will he be as if nothing happened? Well Deadpool is banned from being with Death, so I'd assume he could.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Mindset
Well Deadpool is banned from being with Death, so I'd assume he could.

Alucard can too if he has Schrodinger's power which he got at the end of the manga

Before that he would die though

As for Thanos, he's taken worse

I mean he would probably be a little disoriented but that's the most

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
The following characters are hit at ground zero by a 900 yattaton bomb(10 to the 26th power). Considering that the largest man made nuclear explosion was 50 megatons(5 to the 7th power) and the explosion that is claimed to have eliminated the dinosaurs was a ten teratonne asteroid explosion(10 to the 14th power), what could a 900 yattaton explosion do to these characters at ground zero?
if the explosion is nuclear, hulk will eat it for breakfast. the radiation would amp his atoms (that were blown to shit) and he would reform from that stronger than ever.

Lord Feron
1. Savage Hulk - Does not make it
2. World War Hulk - (people say he is the most powerful hulk in all aspects) Makes it Gets Koed but regains consciousness a few days later.
3. Superman -Survive but will have to be out of commission for a while.
4. Doomsday - Survives, is Koed but is back in shape in a few days and is neigh invincible to anyone less than skyfather heh (he would be total beast!)
5. Wolverine - No way..
6. Darkseid - Might barely survive but will have to be out of commission for a while.
7. Thanos - FUBAR but not KOed
8. Silver Surfer - FUBARED but only KOed for a couple of hours.
9. Thor - Um I don't think he will. He has nice durability feats but not enough to survive unless I'm forgetting something. (also he aint using his magic to help him)
10. Martian Manhunter - Could phase out buit if he takes a direct hit might just die on impact.
11. Kyle Rayner(could his ring constructs hold this type of explosion) - No
12. Deadpool - people say he is immortal? Well then survives and points and laughs at everone else.
13. Alucard - If he get that immortality from the manga not sure... Might take a whiole for him to get back together.
14. Superboy Prime - Should but Koed for a couple of hours.
15. Galactus - Might notice it...

I am assuming everyone is taking a direct hit and all they are doing is putting up their arms. (no doging, no magic, no powers, nadda)

Silent Master
Write in: Classic Wonderman.

He survived the Nega-bomb which wiped-out most of the Kree Empire.

themadsurfer
Originally posted by Lord Feron
1. Savage Hulk - Does not make it
2. World War Hulk - (people say he is the most powerful hulk in all aspects) Makes it Gets Koed but regains consciousness a few days later.
3. Superman -Survive but will have to be out of commission for a while.
4. Doomsday - Survives, is Koed but is back in shape in a few days and is neigh invincible to anyone less than skyfather heh (he would be total beast!)
5. Wolverine - No way..
6. Darkseid - Might barely survive but will have to be out of commission for a while.
7. Thanos - FUBAR but not KOed
8. Silver Surfer - FUBARED but only KOed for a couple of hours.
9. Thor - Um I don't think he will. He has nice durability feats but not enough to survive unless I'm forgetting something. (also he aint using his magic to help him)
10. Martian Manhunter - Could phase out buit if he takes a direct hit might just die on impact.
11. Kyle Rayner(could his ring constructs hold this type of explosion) - No
12. Deadpool - people say he is immortal? Well then survives and points and laughs at everone else.
13. Alucard - If he get that immortality from the manga not sure... Might take a whiole for him to get back together.
14. Superboy Prime - Should but Koed for a couple of hours.
15. Galactus - Might notice it...

I am assuming everyone is taking a direct hit and all they are doing is putting up their arms. (no doging, no magic, no powers, nadda)

Thor in incredible hulk 6 or 7 just survived...

pym-ftw
Weird thread to get bumped 4 1/2 years later...

abhilegend
Superman survived a planet dwarfing Jupiter under red sun and kryptonite radiation and wasn't even KOED. He also took a sun eater's energy collapsing on him with the energy of countless suns and survived. That was Byrne superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.