Geographical or climate questions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UKR
1. Does it snow anywhere in the southern US? Particularly I'm referring to the regions which comprised the Confederacy.
2. What's the "Saguenay" region of Canada like? I've heard the name used for different areas and places but mainly I ask this question because I played Age of Empires III and there's one area called "Saguenay". What is this region like in real life?
3. Why does America have 50 states and Canada only 10? Just what's the story behind that?

Rogue Jedi
1. Snows in north Texas and Oklahoma.

2. Dunno.

3. Cuz we got the big guns.

dadudemon
3. Canada is comprised of provinces, not states.

A google search will net you answers to all of your questions.

Naz
1. I lived in north Alabama for 10 years and it snowed generally every other year about an inch, but it melted quickly. I have relatives in southern Louisiana and it snows maybe once every ten years. It snowed a couple inches this year but melted within a day.

Edit: And as I remember, Tennessee always got a fair amount of snow.

Strangelove
I lived in South Carolina for a few years, it snows, but not much.

Itzak
It snowed for about 30 minutes 2 years ago here in Texas. srug

AbnormalButSane
It snows in Mississippi every five years or so. mmm

ThunderGodEneru
It never snows in Florida. Ever.

kodak
Snow is pretty cool,
no pun intended.

Rogue Jedi
It snowed in Houston in December, but I was sick and slept through it.

Barker
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Never never ever never?

bogen
America has 50 states because it was originally carved up into states by the king of England and given away to loyal lords and ladies who lived in the area.
Because this process continued but for different reasons shortly before and immediately after the first war of independence.
Because phili was a state originally for homosexuals? ( don't believe me, read up)

Robtard

Jan. 19, 1977

Robtard
Originally posted by bogen
America has 50 states because it was originally carved up into states by the king of England and given away to loyal lords and ladies who lived in the area. Because this process continued but for different reasons shortly before and immediately after the first war of independence.

There were originally 13 colonies ruled over by Britain, not states, which delcared independance.

America declared independance from Britain in 1776.

Hawaii first discovered by Europeons in 1778.

Facts, they're a *****.

Edit: I don't mean to come off as a dick, so please don't take it as such.

bogen
Originally posted by Robtard
Hawaii first discovered by Europeons in 1778.

America declared independance from Britain in 1776.

There were originally 13 colonies ruled over by Britain, not states, which delcared independance.

Facts, they're a *****.

Ok, so i used the wrong word.
And who gives a shit about hawaii?

Point is, historically the british started the "state" system in America.
Problem there is that like most ignorant Americans your going to tell me it was your idea.
Furthermore America as a nation doesn't know how to make it's mind up about anything so it's much preferable to have 50 different sets of laws, you can pick and choose all you want.

Adam Argo

I wasn't born yet, but in 1978 it snowed up to six inches in Niceville, FL

Answers:

1. New Orleans received a foot of snow a week before and during Christmas. It routinely snows as far down as Montgomery every year.

2. Sadly, I am ignorant about Canada. I don't even know the name of the prime minister. sad

3. For the longest time, Canada would have been a part of the US. That's cooled off , though. The fact that the majority (non-ESkimo) of the population lives within 100 miles of the border limits the growth potential of Canada to make forty more jurisdictions. USA may have way too many states anyway.

TigerEyes
1. I'm not from the states...
2. It's on the St. Lawrence river, gets alot of snow, humide summers....yah....I'm not from there either just know about it.
3. first off- our prime minister is Steven Harper. 2- Really Canada hasn't been at threat of losing it's territory to the states since like......the conferderation. 3- we have 10 provinces, 3 territories. 4- Canada was divided the way it was due to the Hudson's Bay company, the land demands by the french founders, and the trading of land by various other people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.