What if Galen Marek was trained by Bane?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
How powerful would Galen Marek would be if he was trained by Bane?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
How powerful would Galen Marek would be if he was trained by Bane? ................how the f*ck are we supposed know?

Darth Truculent
Let me elaborate - place Galen Marek during age when Bane was alive. I believe Galen would have been a far better student than Zannah so how strong would he have been?

Lord Lucien
.....................seriously, don't know what you're looking for. Not like there's a scale for this. Strong, obviously.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
................how the f*ck are we supposed know?

QFT

Red Nemesis
OMG U GIZE WUT IF YODA CUD OF TRAINED EXOR KON!!!1111 K SO LOOK @ THIS,,, YODA >>>>>>>> VOODU WHATEVER THE HELL HIS NAME IS I KINDA FORGOT BUT LIKE YEAH AND YADO IS >>>>>>>>>> TEH OTHER JEEDI MASTR THAN TO. SO LIKE YAH EXAR KUN WUDA BEET UP SIDEOUS AND RAPED LOTF LUKE.

srsly. no expression

Captain REX
What if lightning struck me right now? We don't know what the effects of that would be as Bane only had long-term effects on things, not immediate. Galen would live and die as his Sith apprentice, and that's all.

Cpt. Valerian
Or he would eventually kill Bane (unless Bane's intelligent enough to realize how powerful he is, and hence, stopping him from fulfilling his potential) and take over.

That's about it.

Captain REX
Which is probably what Darth Zannah did anyways.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Cpt. Valerian
Or he would eventually kill Bane (unless Bane's intelligent enough to realize how powerful he is, and hence, stopping him from fulfilling his potential)

I don't think so. Bane was very much a believer of "the strongest should rule." That was why he created the Rule of Two. If Galen surpassed him, then Bane would be quite content to have Galen become the new Master. Not that he'd let Galen kill him, but he wouldn't deliberately try to keep him back. Bane isn't afraid to die, so long as his succesor is worthy.

An important point to consider is that Bane would not have been as cruel and relentless in his training methods as Vader was. Zannah states in RoT that, while Bane wasn't caring or affectionate at all (she never considered him a father figure), nor was he cruel or abusive. Remember Bane wanted her to be not just willing, but eager to learn from him. Bane was willing to give encouragement, "you have done well" etc. Vader wasn't even willing to do that.

kotorfan
Originally posted by chilled monkey
I don't think so. Bane was very much a believer of "the strongest should rule." That was why he created the Rule of Two. If Galen surpassed him, then Bane would be quite content to have Galen become the new Master. Not that he'd let Galen kill him, but he wouldn't deliberately try to keep him back. Bane isn't afraid to die, so long as his succesor is worthy.

An important point to consider is that Bane would not have been as cruel and relentless in his training methods as Vader was. Zannah states in RoT that, while Bane wasn't caring or affectionate at all (she never considered him a father figure), nor was he cruel or abusive. Remember Bane wanted her to be not just willing, but eager to learn from him. Bane was willing to give encouragement, "you have done well" etc. Vader wasn't even willing to do that.

so what do u call "You have done well, my apprentice..."

????

Vader said that in the trailer. You didn't even need to buy the game or novel to know that.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by kotorfan
so what do u call "You have done well, my apprentice..."

????

Vader said that in the trailer. You didn't even need to buy the game or novel to know that.

As it happens I do have the novel. Here is a quote:

"Never once in all the days they had sparred together, with lightsaber, telekinesis, or suggestion, had the Dark Lord offered a single word of encouragement."

And you do know, I assume, that immediately after that "You have done well, my apprentice..." bit, Vader threw a table at him and tried to kill him.

kotorfan
Originally posted by chilled monkey
As it happens I do have the novel. Here is a quote:

"Never once in all the days they had sparred together, with lightsaber, telekinesis, or suggestion, had the Dark Lord offered a single word of encouragement."

And you do know, I assume, that immediately after that "You have done well, my apprentice..." bit, Vader threw a table at him and tried to kill him.

yeah I know but isn't that "a word of encouragement" even if Vader didn't mean it?

lol abit contradictory

but I get what u mean. just technically speaking, vader did say starkiller had done well etc.

chilled monkey
yeah I know but isn't that "a word of encouragement" even if Vader didn't mean it?

lol abit contradictory

but I get what u mean. just technically speaking, vader did say starkiller had done well etc.

True, but the point is Vader did not say he had done well as a part of his training. He said it capriciously.

Bane used encouragement as part of his Apprentice's training. Vader did not.

kotorfan
yeah I get your point. The only thing I'm saying is that it happened. thats all.

chilled monkey
yeah I get your point. The only thing I'm saying is that it happened. thats all.

Okay, fair enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.