Was Vader defeat by Luke a fluke?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Was Vader defeat by Luke a fluke?

Lord Lucien
No. A fluke would have been like Luke cutting a support beam and having the roof cave in on Vader. Luke legitimately defeated because he tapped into the Dark Side energy reserves and because of Vader's unwillingness to engage Luke unrestrained.

Kotor3
Well said Lord Lucien. I like how you phrase your statement.

DorianYates
In a way yes and no. He did overwhelm vader when he tapped into the dark side and vader wasn't able to go all out because of that, that doesn't mean he was holding back when luke came in angry strike after strike.

Allankles
Originally posted by DorianYates
In a way yes and no. He did overwhelm vader when he tapped into the dark side and vader wasn't able to go all out because of that, that doesn't mean he was holding back when luke came in angry strike after strike.

Pretty much. Vader wasn't holding back on his defense only his offense, he was simply caught off guard in that whole sequence.

Also his resolve in the dark side had began to waver gradually from the end of ESB.

Lord Lucien
In a way yes and no. He did overwhelm vader when he tapped into the dark side and vader wasn't able to go all out because of that, that doesn't mean he was holding back when luke came in angry strike after strike. What he ^ said. Vader was not actively trying to kill Luke, the lack of offensive Force powers like those used in their Bespin duel and all.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
No. A fluke would have been like Luke cutting a support beam and having the roof cave in on Vader. Luke legitimately defeated because he tapped into the Dark Side energy reserves and because of Vader's unwillingness to engage Luke unrestrained.

agreed

Publius II
Too much agreement here, folks. This is KMC.

Vader sucks and is super-slow and Luke was simply better and more powerful and faster by that point.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Publius II

Vader sucks and is super-slow and Luke was simply better and more powerful and faster by that point.

Agreed.

DorianYates
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Agreed. Are you being stupid on purpose?

Fan Skywalker
Are you being stupid on purpose?

Agreed.

Edit: agreeing with Lucien and Dorian's previous post

Red Nemesis

Agreed. Originally posted by DorianYates
Are you being stupid on purpose?

I thought he was agreeing with Faunus because Faunus didn't want to be agreed with. Irony?

(Or dumbassery. Same difference really.)

Captain REX
No need for bashing, please.

I think Vader was holding back and did not expect Luke to go ape-shit on him, though obviously Luke had improved his own skill and had the advantage of being in full physical health.

Red Nemesis
I called it irony. I don't know what higher praise I could have given it!

Anyway, if I (sincerely) called him a 'dumbass' for that sort of behavior then what would that make me? That is about all I do here!

@Slash:
srry F i hrt ur feelings. era una JOKE.

[Anybody know how to say 'joke' in either spanish or leetspeak? (Retard leetspeak is preferred).

Cpt. Valerian
I agree.

no expression

EDIT- Joke in spanish = broma.

Slash_KMC
Ugh fine ... This is a post for the serious, grumpy Star Wars addicts.

No you're wrong Faunus, Vader is a very skilled swordsman and he could have taken Luke if he wasn't holding back. Luke just caught Vader off guard.

He's right though, a thread is insignificant if everyone agrees with eachother.

@Red:

No PrObzz!!!

Slash_KMC
Visual representation for the more simple minded people like myself.

Vader: http://www.fencingnb.ca/images/epeeist.gif

VS

Luke: http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/SUE/SUE102/BBCL0201.jpg

kotorfan

Whats the "C" in KMC stand for?

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by kotorfan
Whats the "C" in KMC stand for?

Community

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Visual representation for the more simple minded people like myself.

Vader: http://www.fencingnb.ca/images/epeeist.gif

VS

Luke: http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/SUE/SUE102/BBCL0201.jpg

laughing

...Vader was holding back. Was taken by surprise. Luke was a beginner... *shrug*

Happy_Sith
It is best simply to say that Luke beat Vader.

The Sith Lord had knowledge on the subject of anger, and if he failed to conjure up his own, then what of it?

He was beaten.

Lord Lucien
Beautifully succinct.

DorianYates
Originally posted by Happy_Sith
It is best simply to say that Luke beat Vader.

The Sith Lord had knowledge on the subject of anger, and if he failed to conjure up his own, then what of it?

He was beaten. Under circumstances.

darthbane99
no,vader could of beaten luke however i agree he was overpowered at the moment by lukes rage,it was unexpected
Its jsut typical that vader held back because of his emotions for his son. In ROTS vader used tk to destroy an entire facility,why cant he telekenitically kill luke,i know its the strenght of the jedis aura that matter,but vader was more powerfull then luke.so there im confused with.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by darthbane99
no,vader could of beaten luke however i agree he was overpowered at the moment by lukes rage,it was unexpected
Its jsut typical that vader held back because of his emotions for his son. In ROTS vader used tk to destroy an entire facility,why cant he telekenitically kill luke,i know its the strenght of the jedis aura that matter,but vader was more powerfull then luke.so there im confused with.

No, Vader could have beaten Luke. I do however agree that he was overpowered by Luke's rage at that moment. It was unexpected. It is just (typical?) that Vader held back because of how he feels for his son.

In RotS, Vader used TK to destroy an entire facility, so why can't he use TK to kill Luke ? I know that the strength of the Jedi 'aura' is what matters, but Vader was more powerful than Luke. That's why I'm confused.

I'm not correcting you by the way, I'm just helping. smile

Red Nemesis
You are kind of a prick. stick out tongue

Srsly tho, thur is a diff b/t bein a helper (that's me!) and a doosh. Don't be a D-bag. (That's me!)

Slash_KMC
Yes, I'll be the subtle one, then you can be the ... you ... one.

Red Nemesis
I'm a helper!

Slash_KMC
I just realised I bring everything off topic, so this time I will stay on topic for as long as possible.

I agree, although I wouldn't say unexpected ... I mean, he was trying to force Luke to get into a hissy fit.

Its jsut typical that vader held back because of his emotions for his son.

If you mean understandable in stead of typical, then yes it is.

In ROTS vader used tk to destroy an entire facility,why cant he telekenitically kill luke,i know its the strenght of the jedis aura that matter,but vader was more powerfull then luke.

Jedi aura= the Force ?
He could do that, but that would piss of the Emperor. That's why he didn't.

so there im confused with.

I know why you're confused. confused

darthbane99
Well its good to know slash is supporting the "competition" for me!
Held back by the emperor,and placated luke? Hun..seems possible vader played both sides.

I donno if lord vader was acting out of orders or his rage,i think its better or more realistic that he was acting out of orders,i dont even believe he wanted to kill luke,maybe his dark side did,but all jedi have dark sides and vader wasnt so perverted to completely forget himself. I think its the emperor who held vader back,seeing vader would be lease powerful and to old to fight,so he enlisted the young luke as a pitdog to kill vader.

Im not sure if its a fluke,its to intentional and drastic to be otherwise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.