Notorious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
(This threads also in the movie section but I decided to put it in here too cause it's about a musician and his life as one.)

Notorious a biopic about the life and times of rapper Chris Wallace a.k.a. the Notorious Big, or how i've always called him, Biggie.

Ever since '94, he's been one of my top 5 fav rappers of all time. He's an excellent lyricist and showman. I still listen to his 1st album till this day and practically know it by heart. He's also from brooklyn too, like me. He's put that's city on the map to the fullest. More than any other rapper that came outta there..

I liked the movie. In fact in was better than i expected. The consistensy was seamless and flawless. I liked how there were even tid bits and small chucks of easter eggs that were sprinkled throughout the film that popped up every so often, that only Biggie fans knew about. #ut not bad enough to completely throw any one else off.

Some dude played 2pac (one of Biggies closest friends turned worst enemy and one of my top 5 fav rappers) and was in it quite a bit. He acted just like Pac. This girl played 'lil Kim; she did good. The guy playing Puffy did a real good job as well as that lady that played as Biggies' wife, singer Faith Evans. 'Lil Cease's character was ok. Suge Knight was even characterized. But no one shone more than the guy that played Biggie Smalls. Wow. Just wow. He was real good.

This movie had it all. From when he was a kid, to a crack selling teen to the whole east coast west coast rivaly, to how Pac was shot visiting biggie, and how they became mortal enemies cause of it and how they both were killed by gun fire not even a year apart.

good stuff.

my girl didn't wanna see it at first cause she said "we already know about him" but once she got out afterwards she wanted to see it again.

like i wrote, it was better than i expected, i recommend it, and i think that even people that didn't really know who Biggie was will enjoyed it. cause i saw alot of people in the audiendce who you'd never think knew about Biggie and they were in there either astonished or chuckling or dancing in their seats to the many memorable Biggie songs.

I give this film a 9/10.

Eon Blue
I don't really care about this.

The Grey Fox
Don't care about the film, "Biggie & Tupac" was a good enough document on them for me, but Biggie was indeed a good rapper.

punkkaveman
i can appriciate your review unlike those other guys this movie is def. a must see in my book. thanks for the review

red g jacks
i was hoping for a big surprise ending where biggie fakes his own death and moves down to cuba with tupac

Darth Martin
This movie was aweswome. Exceeded my expectations.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.